PDA

View Full Version : bombers gunners and how many get to shoot

WTE_Galway
07-12-2004, 07:11 PM
I may post this in ORR when i get a chance to copy the original sources

He111
The recommended RAF attack strategy on he111 was to feint a beam attack from one side then switch over to the other beam. The reason was the single gunner took relatively long time to lockdown the gun he was using and swap to the other gun

B17 (so we cannot be accused of bias)
By late war due to attrition rates most B17's were flying a 9 man crew with only a single waist gunner manning both guns

I suspect these factors are not actually modelled in game.

WTE_Galway
07-12-2004, 07:11 PM
I may post this in ORR when i get a chance to copy the original sources

He111
The recommended RAF attack strategy on he111 was to feint a beam attack from one side then switch over to the other beam. The reason was the single gunner took relatively long time to lockdown the gun he was using and swap to the other gun

B17 (so we cannot be accused of bias)
By late war due to attrition rates most B17's were flying a 9 man crew with only a single waist gunner manning both guns

I suspect these factors are not actually modelled in game.

warweapon2
07-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Oh course not... THIS IS A GAME! lol

WTE_Galway
07-12-2004, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by warweapon2:
Oh course not... THIS IS A GAME! lol<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well in that case why bother with historical accuracy at all as long as the graphics look nice ???

what matters in a GAME, especially online, is balance .. that online the two opposing sides are equally matched regardless of historical accuracy

but some people see this as a SIM .. and for those people using the historically correct attack procedure against a he111 is actually very important

Rebel_Yell_21
07-12-2004, 08:38 PM
In the Fort, the radio operator manned the other waist gun since the radio room guns were removed in most late war aircraft.

http://www.303rdbga.com/art-ferris-fortress-S.jpg