PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Clashes

Helnekromancer
08-22-2017, 07:50 PM
Why isn't there a weapon clash system in this game? Especially since both sides are using blades, having a system in which both fighter's weapons would be cool. If both sides throw out a light or heavy in the same direction, their weapons lock up and characters have to smash a button to win the clash.

Either you get knock down because you lose, they get knocked down because you win or both dash back in a stalemate. Whether you get a light or heavy when they are knocked down or even stamina drain is up to the devs. But it's weird seeing both charcters hit in the same direction and watch both weapon go through each other and hit the player.

Mythic MK II
08-22-2017, 10:52 PM
Eh, try that in 4v4 wherre you are ganked.

Also, there is a "clash" system in the game. It is called parry. You time it right, you cancel their attack and you gain the ability to do damage.

Alustar.
08-22-2017, 11:01 PM
Honestly that sounds more like a cheap mini game gimmick from Dragon ball.

I'd honestly prefer to see blade clash done in a way that if two players are attacking from opposing directions THAT would result in a clash that could negate damage for both sides but preserve combo flow.

The Tzeentch
08-22-2017, 11:11 PM
I would like it if t would be bit different from dragonball z minigame..., Like just light to light would just clash swords very fast and make sparks. Heavy to heavy same but both "push" blades and there would be this "balance" meter where you need to hold in in certain range to push enemy safely of but if either fails you get GB or maybe just stun effect. Heavy to heavy effect would last just for 1s if both are able to hold from being pushed.

Heavy to light wold just be regular trade..

UbiJurassic
08-23-2017, 12:58 AM
Why isn't there a weapon clash system in this game? Especially since both sides are using blades, having a system in which both fighter's weapons would be cool. If both sides throw out a light or heavy in the same direction, their weapons lock up and characters have to smash a button to win the clash.

Either you get knock down because you lose, they get knocked down because you win or both dash back in a stalemate. Whether you get a light or heavy when they are knocked down or even stamina drain is up to the devs. But it's weird seeing both charcters hit in the same direction and watch both weapon go through each other and hit the player.

Definitely sounds like a cool mechanic, but it could introduce some potential problems. Definitely open to hear other players thoughts on it!

RoosterIlluzion
08-23-2017, 01:58 AM
Eh, try that in 4v4 wherre you are ganked.

Also, there is a "clash" system in the game. It is called parry. You time it right, you cancel their attack and you gain the ability to do damage.

Definitely sounds like a cool mechanic, but it could introduce some potential problems. Definitely open to hear other players thoughts on it!

Like it was mentioned above, it's already a concept called Parry, and it works fine. No mini game, button mashing please.

D-d0g56
08-23-2017, 05:54 PM
Well, the only way I see this working whilst maintaining charater balance and allowing player skill. Is to only activate it, in the event that two supieror blocks hit each other. The players are left to hit heavy and light faster than the other player, the dominate player chooses which side to push on and the other needs to match that direction until he/she gets the advatage in which case they then lead. The player that loses gets pushed to the ground for the victor to get 1 free hit.

UbiNoty
08-24-2017, 12:17 AM
I would like to use this to prove to UbiJurassic that I am the superior button-masher. :)

Alustar.
08-24-2017, 12:27 AM
I would like to use this to prove to UbiJurassic that I am the superior button-masher. :)

I want to challenge you in that duel. >_>

Necparfait
08-24-2017, 12:36 AM
Quicktime or button mashing is the last thing this game needs.

D-d0g56
08-24-2017, 03:06 AM

I'm pretty sure it would look something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5n28hpMFBE