PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Global Event - Reward Notification Issue

Ubi-Johan
08-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Agents,

We are aware of a notification issue which causes players who participated in the event and reached the reward tiers on the leaderboards to receive the wrong message upon entering the game.

A player who is Tier 3 will get a message starting that they achieved Tier 1 during the event.
A player who is Tier 1 will get a message stating that they achieved Tier 3 during the event.

This issue is limited to notifications only and your rewards are unaffected.

We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion caused.

/ The Division Dev Team

Nazlani
08-22-2017, 05:42 PM
No way. This is BS. I will wait till 2 AM to see the leaderboards calculated after the event. If bracktes were changed like you said yetsterday there's now way I was pushed out of middle tier. Perhaps there was a mistake with counting players scores. I will wait to see the offcial end leaderboards as I don;t believe in rewards being not affected.

HarambeVendetta
08-22-2017, 05:46 PM
This is not true, the leaderboards also weren't fixed. Come on Ubi, be honest with us , you made a mistake at least please admit it.

Nyxzy
08-22-2017, 05:46 PM
I'm with Nazlani on this, by the percentages you guys put out, I should of been Tier 3. I was easily in the top 10%, yet I log in to "You placed in Tier 3." and only get 1 mask.

"Tier 1:
Place in the top 85% to 31% of the community
1 Global Event Classified Cache, 1 Mask

Tier 2:
Place in the top 30% to 11% of the community
2 Global Event Classified Caches, 2 Masks

Tier 3:
Place in the top 10% to 1% of the community
3 Global Event Classified Caches, 3 Masks"

There was around 112000 people on the leader boards, 10% of that will be 11200. I was placed well above that. Could you please start explaining it all a little better and give your community some clarity because, frankly, once again you're just annoying everyone.

Ubi-Johan
08-22-2017, 05:47 PM
We will further address Global Event leaderboards on Thursday's State of the Game.

/ Johan

Vlammenzee
08-22-2017, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry but this is complete bs, honestly can't anything go right for once? oh well i got the tier 1 reward, the ugliest mask of the 3, cheers lads, you guys did a fantastic job once again this week, the leaderboards were a massive success ;)

I was most definitely in the 10% on the PC leaderboards, so yeah fix this please, give the people that actually reached the correct tier their correct rewards.

Gripbitz
08-22-2017, 05:49 PM
The hell,

Well what about the % per Tier then? that was a total flop on that announcement yesterday. "or will it show on the LB update later when it will not matter as the rewards have been set and handed out?
And what about all the people that gained more GE tokens per hour than what the LB claimed?
Like others I timed from the point I gained my first GE tokens from a run for 60 minutes.., i would do this possibly a few times in a day after an few hours break.

I call BS on this.

Darealistac
08-22-2017, 05:50 PM
I didnt even get a mask and i was in Tier 1 with the same amount as the ppl i play with and i was the only that did not receive a mask...please help

Userid: darealistac
platform: PS4

Nazlani
08-22-2017, 05:51 PM
We will further address leaderboards as a whole on Thursday's State of the Game.

/ Johan

Meaning why we have to deal with you: supporting cheaters and exploiters, not being able to deliver fix to clearly tobroken system, bringing about all the confusion, not being on side of legit players? I assume you will also provide info why this is ok to be f-over? I'm bitterly dissapointed with you guys.

Sys0p_
08-22-2017, 05:52 PM
Why wait until SOTG to address leaderboard issues? Why not just address it now? Also, why is the leaderboard currently offline?

HarambeVendetta
08-22-2017, 05:52 PM
"further address Global Event leaderboards on Thursday's State of the Game"

Does that mean, that an annoucnement will be made, that yes it did not work at all, but sadly, items can't be awarded anymore? I have a feeling this is what going to happen.

Claire_U
08-22-2017, 05:54 PM
So, you will not fix current leaderboard, aren't you? Wow, what a surprise. I will surely not participate in any future events, i'm tired of this nonsense.

orthow
08-22-2017, 05:55 PM
We had 194k PS4 players on the leaderboards.

10% of 194k is 19.4k .. .so clearly people ranked 1-19.4k should be in the top Tier.

This didn't work out at all this way lol.

I could have easily cheesed the boards to hijack my position but figured simple math was on my side. Any mook can farm LS/Survival Caches and preload a few missions and sprinkle on some highend HVT's to easily hit 15k/hour but I had hoped the fix to the boards would result in no longer needing to do all that crap.

Nope! lol .. Worst part is. I'm an ETF member (alpha) and had my friends relying on me for clarification on the leaderboards. Thanks to this situation I have been made to look like an *** to my friends. It's one thing for me to make myself look like an *** but I am not impressed when a company can manage to pull off the feat.. especially a company I have given hundreds of hours of my freetime to help the betterment of THEIR product.

Nazlani
08-22-2017, 05:59 PM
"further address Global Event leaderboards on Thursday's State of the Game"

Does that mean, that an annoucnement will be made, that yes it did not work at all, but sadly, items can't be awarded anymore? I have a feeling this is what going to happen.

They will put Pinky and Perky in front of video camera so they can explain to us why everything was success and we need to deal with what happend and that it is actually good thing. Pushing issue to the SOTG means that case is closed and we have been misled this whole time.

xpgdarkside
08-22-2017, 06:05 PM
You need to fix the rewards system insted off rewarding people who boost clear sky, Most off my game time was solo i had almost 2 days event time and got stupid tier1 reward.

x21KilotonX
08-22-2017, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry but this is complete bs, honestly can't anything go right for once? oh well i got the tier 1 reward, the ugliest mask of the 3, cheers lads, you guys did a fantastic job once again this week, the leaderboards were a massive success ;)

I was most definitely in the 10% on the PC leaderboards, so yeah fix this please, give the people that actually reached the correct tier their correct rewards.

The leader boards were inconsistent, the description of the problem was inconsistent, and after being awarded a Tier 3 award, the prize I received, (a Tier 1 mask), is inconsistent.

I am going to call this how I see it ..... the full logistical horror has just dawned on someone: That manually dealing with 10-20 thousand complaints is going to take months of work. So its going to be explained away as a GUI error and nobody is going to get a correction.

Respectfully, if you are going to award competitive prizes, at the very minimum the counting system has to be better than "utterly broken at every stage"

HarambeVendetta
08-22-2017, 06:08 PM
"So its going to be explained away as a GUI error and nobody is going to get a correction."

If this will happen, than we can stop using terms like "respectfully " and treat the devs how they treat their playerbase.

Nazlani
08-22-2017, 06:10 PM
So its going to be explained away as a GUI error and nobody is going to get a correction.

It won't because nobody is going to believe in it, escpecially if leaderboards will be finally calculated at 2AM so we can see the percentages. There is so many evidence aginst what they say that one must be a total ignorant to believe them. I guess we all should have recorded our runs as a proof :/

xcel30
08-22-2017, 06:12 PM
If the changes did happen, then i should have been boosted to tier 2 instead of being stuck in tier 1, wich didn't happen so i got the bugged message saying that i was in tier 3 and only one reward when i should have been in tier two with the new one

ntrisley19
08-22-2017, 06:14 PM
The leader boards were inconsistent, the description of the problem was inconsistent, and after being awarded a Tier 3 award, the prize I received, (a Tier 1 mask), is inconsistent.

I am going to call this how I see it ..... the full logistical horror has just dawned on someone: That manually dealing with 10-20 thousand complaints is going to take months of work. So its going to be explained away as a GUI error and nobody is going to get a correction.

Respectfully, if you are going to award competitive prizes, at the very minimum the counting system has to be better than "utterly broken at every stage"
Additionally if you're going to award competitive prizes, disqualifications need to be in play.

We all know that the top players cheesed this event. There were videos posted showing how to do it, etc.
Take their prize from them and let them cry.

Nyxzy
08-22-2017, 06:17 PM
I bet now we'll never actually get to see a finalised leader board so we can't point out how utterly borked their percentages are.. Another thing they'll just brush under the rug and act like everything is going how it's meant to go while their community suffers and continues to reduce in size.. I've seen it said that this game has sold an estimated 5.5 million copies.. yet not even 1 million players came back for this event.. and STILL they see it as okay to screw players over. They'll never learn until their entire community is gone.

Laucian_Nailor
08-22-2017, 06:30 PM
This is completely unnaceptable.

YOU announced the criteria for what tier a player would be within; YOU admitted an error in calculation had been made and categorically stated on Monday what would be done to the leaderboards to resolve it following that nights refresh.

ONCE AGAIN, you have failed to deliver on your commitments and so ignoring and failing to put right YOUR mistakes immediately, rather than 'It will be covered in 2 days time', frankly does not suffice in any shape or form,

Get someone on this forum with some seniority to apologise to the playerbase for the ineptitude displayed in delivering (sic) this event and state in no uncertain terms how and when this will be put right to ensure players receive what YOU stated they would.

jimmychuck6
08-22-2017, 06:33 PM
This whole system is BS... So many ways to cheat and exploit... Typical Division style... Thanks for giving us a way to see who the cheating *******es are...

RHD_Nomad
08-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Agents,

We are aware of a notification issue which causes players who participated in the event and reached the reward tiers on the leaderboards to receive the wrong message upon entering the game.

A player who is Tier 3 will get a message starting that they achieved Tier 1 during the event.
A player who is Tier 1 will get a message stating that they achieved Tier 3 during the event.

/ The Division Dev Team

This doesn't really clear up any confusion, so basically those who grinded hours to get the scores they had to be T3 got a T1 reward and those who just stepped into a tier should have gotten a T3 reward, because thats how it sounds and its giving even more confusion. I suggest you guys address the math done for the leaderboards, because more then just 8000 players were in them and the 10% couldn't be 800 players, because about 100k+ players were on the leaderboards. Second players who had full writes to gain T3 rewards should get them. But really i have no idea who thought it would be a good idea to make masks part of Global Events, it basically restict casual players who can game only for 1-3 hours a day from having access to the rewards, sure its GE per hour but its kinda hard when you guys made the game so unfair that most of the friends people play with don't even want to look at the game, casuals don't have a place here, hardcore exploiters or cheesers have the crown pvp and even now - event wise. Trailer for 1.7 said you can get these masks from Global Events and Commendations, but how strange, no masks are shown as rewards for Commendations, was that just a cut feature like always? Probably was.

Bottom line is, you are not addressing the real issue, instead you're trying to "clear the confusion" Which isn't working, players are pissed off and dissapointed, might as well just throw in the towel and admit it didn't work, you messed up and give out the masks without having some Event where hackers and exploiters can rule in, its bad enough you guys let a literal exploiter win a For Honor tournament and let him get away with 10k cash for literally playing unfair, you did the same here, exploiters and hackers took up the top spots and they got the top tier rewards for nothing while those who grinded faily get spat on, i find it more an insult and literally saying "Deal with it we wont fix it anyway"

deakon24
08-22-2017, 06:35 PM
I got the same message this morning saying I completed tier 3 and went to the vendor and only had one item and one spray. I think massive cant keep up with this game with the issues it have.

RHD_Nomad
08-22-2017, 06:50 PM
This is completely unnaceptable.

YOU announced the criteria for what tier a player would be within; YOU admitted an error in calculation had been made and categorically stated on Monday what would be done to the leaderboards to resolve it following that nights refresh.

ONCE AGAIN, you have failed to deliver on your commitments and so ignoring and failing to put right YOUR mistakes immediately, rather than 'It will be covered in 2 days time', frankly does not suffice in any shape or form,

Get someone on this forum with some seniority to apologise to the playerbase for the ineptitude displayed in delivering (sic) this event and state in no uncertain terms how and when this will be put right to ensure players receive what YOU stated they would.

I'd say they should maybe focus more on TD1 then TD2, since the first game is a massive failure, cheaters, exploiters, cheesers, harsh unbalance. I mean come on... If you can't admit to messing up and continue to ignore it expecting players to just deal with it wont work. I agree with Laucian_Nailor because hes right, you fail to address the issues and instead try to cover them up. To fix this just give the masks players wanted to get out of this and stop trying to make it some kind of event nonsense! For Christ sake why would you make something like a vanity item a damn event prize!? ESPECIALLY SOMETHING NEW, i'd understand if they were exotic like had some fire effect to it or like an aura to it but that wouldn't be part of the games theme, so making something like masks and event thing was a horrible mistake you can easily correct my giving out all the masks, half of the T3 players didn't even get there fairly, they cheesed, exploited or hacked their way up there. Just do what you should have done and give the masks to the players and instead give some extra classified caches or cipher keys, its easy as drawing a stick figure

smackachicken
08-22-2017, 07:06 PM
feel such a let down grinded so much for nothing game has been such a let down. :nonchalance:

Agent6114
08-22-2017, 07:09 PM
I really hope you all make this right. It's not just a notification issue. Apparently, I've also read where people who have finished in the highest Tier are either receiving only 1 mask instead of all 3 or none at all.

I personally believe everyone who participated in the GE should be rewarded all 3 masks and the GE system changed around for next time in how one goes about acquiring the masks. I know I'm not the only one out there who feels this way.

Many of us logged in the hours playing your game because we truly enjoy playing it (myself included) only to feel extremely cheated in the end. I will always enjoy playing this game, but I feel giving those people who participated all 3 masks is the only true way to fix this issue and keep your player base.

I say this with the utmost respect and hope you seriously take this advice into consideration.

EL_L30N
08-22-2017, 07:42 PM
I believe that the a majority of actions taken in regards to acquiring a high Global Event credit hour is fair game. If the developers implemented these in the game, then they shouldve known players wouldve been "creative" enough to seek all possible sources for global event credits. The only problem lies in the exploitation of the system that left most players in the community feeling cheated. The main issue, whether having principle in their playstyle or lack of knowledge on how to exploit it, has left the community asking; what can Massive do better to fix the leaderboard system? Is there a way to allow the regular player an opportunity to enjoy in these rewards without being left out when compared to a reward system for those hardcore "creative" grinders? Even with the latest change in the leaderboard system, players still find no satisfaction. This kind of hour after hour grind only burns players out and leaves them with nothing to do once the monthly global events are all said and done. My suggestion would be to include the commendation system when unlocking vanity items; like they've been doing with data collection in game.

EL_L30N
08-22-2017, 07:44 PM
I believe that the a majority of actions taken in regards to acquiring a high Global Event credit hour is fair game. If the developers implemented these in the game, then they shouldve known players wouldve been "creative" enough to seek all possible sources for global event credits. The only problem lies in the exploitation of the system that left most players in the community feeling cheated. The main issue, whether having principle in their playstyle or lack of knowledge on how to exploit it, has left the community asking; what can Massive do better to fix the leaderboard system? Is there a way to allow the regular player an opportunity to enjoy in these rewards without being left out when compared to a reward system for those hardcore "creative" grinders? Even with the latest change in the leaderboard system, players still find no satisfaction. This kind of hour after hour grind only burns players out and leaves them with nothing left to do once the monthly global events are all said and done. My suggestion would be to include the commendation system when unlocking vanity items; like they've been doing with data collection in game.

Nazlani
08-22-2017, 07:57 PM
I believe that the a majority of actions taken in regards to acquiring a high Global Event credit hour is fair game. If the developers implemented these in the game, then they shouldve known players wouldve been "creative" enough to seek all possible sources for global event credits. The only problem lies in the exploitation of the system that left most players in the community feeling cheated. The main issue, whether having principle in their playstyle or lack of knowledge on how to exploit it, has left the community asking; what can Massive do better to fix the leaderboard system? Is there a way to allow the regular player an opportunity to enjoy in these rewards without being left out when compared to a reward system for those hardcore "creative" grinders? Even with the latest change in the leaderboard system, players still find no satisfaction. This kind of hour after hour grind only burns players out and leaves them with nothing to do once the monthly global events are all said and done. My suggestion would be to include the commendation system when unlocking vanity items; like they've been doing with data collection in game.

Well, dscussion about exploiters is the same as it was in case of first Falcon Lost exploits with conclusion that only because someting is possible it doesn't mean you should do it. I guess it depends on individual morality, fairness. Squeezing days of progress (eg. LS caches) into one hour of collection of this progress isn't clearly in my definition of Tokens per hour. I perceive it more like tokens earned in hour and not "colected" in hour. But leaving all that, you say that people are dissatisfied with latest change in LB... well we are dissatisfied because this change hasn't been actually implemented. That is the point. Last but not least - I absolutely agree rthat masks should be rewards for commendations.

Blankman007
08-22-2017, 07:59 PM
Let me guess, massivefail will roll out monetary Matt on Thurs. To tell us all how if we spend enough money on microtransactions then they might be able to fix the leaderboards.

Massive-The worst mix of incompetence and scumbagary in the gaming industry.

Glenstevens81
08-22-2017, 08:24 PM
Agents,

/ The Division Dev Team

Was in tier 2 before the GE finished. Got told I had a tier 3 reward yet seem to have got a tier 1 reward. Got on the leader board by grinding missions etc and been robbed by those how manipulted the game. You reward cheater and forget about the loyal players

RHD_Nomad
08-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Was in tier 2 before the GE finished. Got told I had a tier 3 reward yet seem to have got a tier 1 reward. Got on the leader board by grinding missions etc and been robbed by those how manipulted the game. You reward cheater and forget about the loyal players

Well i mean... Ubi did give away 10k cash to a guy in For Honor who literally used an exploit to win the whole tournament, so i guess thats nothing new

Glenstevens81
08-22-2017, 08:38 PM
Well i mean... Ubi did give away 10k cash to a guy in For Honor who literally used an exploit to win the whole tournament, so i guess thats nothing new

Yeah it's a joke. Let's see if they stick to what they said on state of the game last week and punish those who cheated. I'm not holding my breath tho.

Vlammenzee
08-22-2017, 08:55 PM
Let's see if they stick to what they said on state of the game last week and punish those who cheated

They won't, i won't mention any names of some of the guys who exploited (well known youtubers and etf members), but they're buddies with the guys at massive, they pretty much get a hall pass for anything they do, so they won't do anything about it, that's the harsh reality, and people can say otherwise, it's the truth.

They will not do anything about it, just wait and see.

RHD_Nomad
08-22-2017, 08:59 PM
Yeah it's a joke. Let's see if they stick to what they said on state of the game last week and punish those who cheated. I'm not holding my breath tho.

Chances are nobody will get what they want (all three masks) like they should have from the start, and this state of the game might just tell us that they are looking into way to make the mask available for everyone, which is quite simple to resolve because its been said many times, even said in the 1.7 trailer, which was not delivered by the way. But we'll have to wait and see, for this whole fiasco i'd expect them to just give the masks right after SOTG or the next day, mostly because this whole mess left many players unhappy and quite mad. Seeing they admitted that the mask tying to leaderboards didn't work, i would have done the logical and just made the masks a drop from a boss or during the Global Event or as intended by their trailer - A commendation reward

Nazlani
08-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Chances are nobody will get what they want (all three masks) like they should have from the start, and this state of the game might just tell us that they are looking into way to make the mask available for everyone

I'm afraid you might be right. Although they should have developed proces for granting people things they should have received because they already proved it is possible during first months of the game. Now I'm waiting for the final leaderboards which will ultimately prove that Massive lies all the time about fixing LB, about rewards not being affected, etc.

RHD_Nomad
08-22-2017, 09:30 PM
I'm afraid you might be right. Although they should have developed proces for granting people things they should have received because they already proved it is possible during first months of the game. Now I'm waiting for the final leaderboards which will ultimately prove that Massive lies all the time about fixing LB, about rewards not being affected, etc.
Chances are as high as they go, to Massive its easier to lie and try to hide the fact that they messed up, they wanted this, they wanted to make something meaningless be a hardcore reward, but what they are missing is that their own player base is dying because they focus on hardcore, doing so kills off casual players and even make hardcore players leave because none of their friends play it anymore, the simplest resolution to this is to hand the masks over to the players for this whole thing, i mean 3 masks, something new that the game hasn't had is locked away from legit, loyal casual players behind a grind to exploit wall, its much like a paywall you see - You pay cash to win, have the upper hand, a casual player wouldn't take take route because he wants to play fair. In this case it was exploit/hack or play fair, a causal player who wants to just play the game with friends or solo will go with playing fair, while the hardcore will go for exploiting and some even hacking to gain that which the casual wont. Massives poor choices for this game span out through the entire games life span, they made poor choices almost every update by only giving the hardcore what they want, a bigger challenge by making the game unplayable for a casual player.

But like i said - Its a lot easier to lie about fixing something just to keep your ego instead of doing what should have been done, but we'll see tomorrow, well... I will anyway, i'd much rather see this through because it seems that the community mods aren't doing much of a job of looking into the matters at hand, even if they say PM me if you didn't get a mask, that doesn't mean you will get it, chances are you wont get a reply nor the mask you may or may not be missing, so as a community member i'll be looking into the matter on the side-line and be doing my own solution to this, to which Massive will probably ignore since thats what they've been doing with the Global Events... But we'll see what the devs say - which i'm pretty sure everyone knows

Nazlani
08-22-2017, 09:39 PM
Chances are as high as they go, to Massive its easier to lie and try to hide the fact that they messed up, they wanted this, they wanted to make something meaningless be a hardcore reward, but what they are missing is that their own player base is dying because they focus on hardcore, doing so kills off casual players and even make hardcore players leave because none of their friends play it anymore, the simplest resolution to this is to hand the masks over to the players for this whole thing, i mean 3 masks, something new that the game hasn't had is locked away from legit, loyal casual players behind a grind to exploit wall, its much like a paywall you see - You pay cash to win, have the upper hand, a casual player wouldn't take take route because he wants to play fair. In this case it was exploit/hack or play fair, a causal player who wants to just play the game with friends or solo will go with playing fair, while the hardcore will go for exploiting and some even hacking to gain that which the casual wont. Massives poor choices for this game span out through the entire games life span, they made poor choices almost every update by only giving the hardcore what they want, a bigger challenge by making the game unplayable for a casual player.

But like i said - Its a lot easier to lie about fixing something just to keep your ego instead of doing what should have been done, but we'll see tomorrow, well... I will anyway, i'd much rather see this through because it seems that the community mods aren't doing much of a job of looking into the matters at hand, even if they say PM me if you didn't get a mask, that doesn't mean you will get it, chances are you wont get a reply nor the mask you may or may not be missing, so as a community member i'll be looking into the matter on the side-line and be doing my own solution to this, to which Massive will probably ignore since thats what they've been doing with the Global Events... But we'll see what the devs say - which i'm pretty sure everyone knows

This truth can really break a heart ;) I'm looking into it because of principals - I don't cheat or exploit and I don't want to be cheated or exploited. I want to prove them wrong because I hate this kind of mixture of arrogance and ignorance they represent.

x21KilotonX
08-22-2017, 09:43 PM
This is starting to become a circular argument.

The leader boards are apparently borked
The in-game notifications are apparently borked.
but we are supposed to accept the in-game reward as hard evidence that we got the correct reward.

This is like challenging a plumber about how much work he did on your house, and him saying "well you can figure it out from the bill mate!"

You cannot really ask people to accept that the prize they received, is evidence that they received the correct prize.

Pau1o88
08-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Forgive me if you've already checked..

But I also thought I hadn't got my mask.

Until I checked the Rewards Vender, and it was sat there under the resource tab :)

Nazlani
08-22-2017, 09:53 PM

Until I checked the Rewards Vender, and it was sat there under the resource tab :)

We all checked it. It's about not having the proper reward. People are not getting what they have earned during TE because of broken leaderboard system, Massive not-fix-at-all, etc.

Laucian_Nailor
08-22-2017, 10:04 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, however that is not the problem at all. I know where to get the rewards I have been given. The issue is that what I have been given is completely wrong and doesnt fit with exactly what Massive has said they award.

Unsurprisingly, they have screwed up once again.

Pau1o88
08-22-2017, 10:24 PM
Unsurprisingly, they have screwed up once again.

AMEN to that !

x21KilotonX
08-22-2017, 10:41 PM
I hope they come up with a good solution tbh.

Lets face it, the Global Event seems to be more popular and well received than expected.

Now is the time to capitalize on that goodwill, rather than waste it.

It was nice seeing the BoO busy again.

Digitalkila198
08-22-2017, 10:57 PM
I agree, it did not calculate it correctly, they should just give everyone that participated the tier 1 reward and call this first event a "Beta", and not punish people that played "work shifts" or longer worth of time each day to earn what we thought was being rewarded. I know the games it perfect, but please make good with us its not going to cost you anything to do that, and then by the time the next event comes around, it will be corrected. Well thats my 2 cents, thanks for listening.

Digitalkila198
08-22-2017, 10:59 PM
Grammar check from my post " I know the games not perfect"

gb_hubert
08-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Come on Ubi, be honest with us

Announcement
Tier 3:
3 Global Event Classified Caches, 3 Masks

112942 people that have earned GE tokens on the PC leaderboards 10%=12943. How is 10% of that 401 players?

HarambeVendetta
08-22-2017, 11:22 PM
^

This. When wlll they admit that the leaderboard update wasn't implemented?

I bet they will deny the 100 000+ players and come up with some weka excuse. Their silence only proves that

Nyxzy
08-22-2017, 11:30 PM
Start speaking with your time and money people. Stop playing their game, stop spending money on it. They'll soon realise they've got an issue they need to deal with. As long as people keep playing it etc, they won't care what you say on here. Acta non verba. Let's show them they've got something they need to address. Stop playing.

Phantom139
08-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Something is obviously wrong with the placement here.

As of the last update I saw on xbox last night, there was a grand total of about 161000 player who were listed on the leaderboards. The top 10% of this number would be anyone at or above 16,000. was sitting at around 14,000 and should have been safely in Tier 3, if not at least tier 2.

Upon signing on this afternoon, I received the T3 notification but only got the T1 reward. Obviously there is an issue with the rewards and they need to get this sorted sooner rather than later.

I will be submitting a support ticket with UBI to hopefully speed up / rectify this issue sooner and I hope everyone else affected does so as well.

RavenousSix
08-23-2017, 01:09 AM
It's also like going over to mow someones lawn on and agreed before hand you're getting paid $20.

You put in all the time and do all the work and at the end the person gives you $2 and says "well at least you got something".

The event was supposed to be fun and reward those that put in hard work. Instead it rewarded those that exploited it the best or cheated. To top this off the math wasn't even done right to even reward those who did it right.

It's like everything they do is a catastrophic failure on too many levels to even count.

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 01:16 AM
So, as promised - final proof.

This is my reward for GE: http://imgur.com/a/sqWID
Small outbreak cache and one CS Gear set cache.

Now, here is my score: http://imgur.com/a/NzAIi
6145 points

Here are number of people in brackets:
T1: http://imgur.com/a/7n8d0
T2: http://imgur.com/a/Sejdn
T3: http://imgur.com/a/PqB7q
NoT: http://imgur.com/a/C96mP

My placement in the tiers: http://imgur.com/a/CgBru
4707... this is my placement

And here is total number of players PC: http://imgur.com/a/6MF8i

Here are brackets for rewards: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1730163-Global-Event-Leaderboard-Changes

Notification bug? Give me a break....I should have got highest reward. What are you going to do about it LIARS?

Calculations had been done in the 'backend' ? than why I got worst reward.

This is my final proof.

Nyxzy
08-23-2017, 01:32 AM
So, as promised - final proof.

This is my reward for GE: http://imgur.com/a/sqWID
Small outbreak cache and one CS Gear set cache.

Now, here is my score: http://imgur.com/a/NzAIi
6145 points

Here are number of people in brackets:
T1: http://imgur.com/a/7n8d0
T2: http://imgur.com/a/Sejdn
T3: http://imgur.com/a/PqB7q
NoT: http://imgur.com/a/C96mP

My placement in the tiers: http://imgur.com/a/CgBru
4707... this is my placement

And here is total number of players PC: http://imgur.com/a/6MF8i

Here are brackets for rewards: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1730163-Global-Event-Leaderboard-Changes

Notification bug? Give me a break....I should have got highest reward. What are you going to do about it LIARS?

Calculations had been done in the 'backend' ? than why I got worst reward.

This is my final proof.

Please PLEASE Post this EVERYWHERE. This proof needs to be seen AND addressed by them. I wasn't that far behind you, I think my final score was 5960. Either way, they've made a complete mess of this and they need to own up and correct their mistakes.

Gripbitz
08-23-2017, 01:38 AM
And my GE per hour still has not changed for the 3rd day running except being pushed further down the LB's and I know for a fact I did at least 3 - 4 one hour stints gaming near 6.4k+ each time.

Was going to say that they probs did no data update, but it looks like T1 gained near 99 places since last reset (was 801 i'm sure of it).

fubar sums it up I think..

Rakmarok
08-23-2017, 01:41 AM
Thanks for posting this.

I knew I was right. I'm Rank 10,864 on PS4. The Global Event had 197,373 participants in total on my platform. Tier 3 should contain 10% of all participants. 10% of 197,373 is 19,737, I'm Rank 10,864. I'm 8873 ranks above the Tier 3 to Tier 2 threshold. I should have received all three masks and the outfit.

I purposefully stated everything as bland and simple as possible.

I didn't even read the notification after the event ended, which is why my concern never applied to that. It was always about the math. And I suck at math, honestly.

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 01:47 AM
For better visibility you may put link in other threads. I also recorded when I checked it so that nobody can say that thses screenshots had been taken earlier.

Gripbitz
08-23-2017, 01:52 AM
Sorry meant gained 69 places (mis-tap on the num pad). Cant edit posts it seems (Yes I've checked under the +)

And i think it would be a good idea to point out to people how to view the LB. Didn't spot it right away myself
As the LB's still say offline, but if you access the laptop and hit (G) it will show the data as its deemed and a previous event.

xcel30
08-23-2017, 02:18 AM
Pretty similar situation to you Nazlani, just few points less than you, guess i wasn't the only one around that much points that got screwed

MasterGaming234
08-23-2017, 02:52 AM
Because the GE is over with that why it wont show up, I feel that GE event system was executed the wrong way we only have modifier for only 1 week .

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 02:55 AM
Ignore them being offlne and press "Previous" you will see leaderboards.

MasterGaming234
08-23-2017, 03:01 AM
your not alone I got the same message as well when I log on from I was told on the final day of the event was going to look at our progress over all and decide the tiers. I dont like the fact the masks are being tied this way at all

MasterGaming234
08-23-2017, 03:18 AM
This is starting to become a circular argument.

The leader boards are apparently borked
The in-game notifications are apparently borked.
but we are supposed to accept the in-game reward as hard evidence that we got the correct reward.

This is like challenging a plumber about how much work he did on your house, and him saying "well you can figure it out from the bill mate!"

You cannot really ask people to accept that the prize they received, is evidence that they received the correct prize.

I say in order for massive to fix another big hole that they put them selves into.

1.) Give all the player that participated in the event all the masks. ( In my opinion this choice should have never been approved in the first place).

2.) Get rid of the leader boards and replace it, With a community challenge massive give us a set number for the community to grind as a whole and we reach that target those who participated in the event are rewarded extra items, because they to help contributed to help reach the community goal.

Terry and Eric should have seen this a mile away instead of wasting their resources putting that leader board together, it doesn't promote us coming together as a community at all, just which one of of us can get the highest score in the shortest amount of time.

Hamish and Yannick are going to have their hand full this Thursday because once again the development just left them out here in sheer cold to get the mess they created under control. The community has spoken of how they feel about the leader boards and when it was shown that people where using certain exploits to get to the top on the first day, they should eliminated the problem right then instead of say we are going to change it in a future update. Scruffy was having a hard time before but this takes the cake.

ALGERIAN-DZA
08-23-2017, 03:38 AM
how about new special talent with the new mask (exotic res) or some thing lik that..

daniel 1102
08-23-2017, 04:09 AM
massive u say some people got the wrong message. yet most others know what tier they really got.

for example i know for a fact i ended up luckily in tier 3 and when i logged on yesterday it showed the message that i was rewarded for getting tier 3 but i only got one mask and one cache so on that note its not just a case of a wrong message for some people but also for u massive to give those of us the rest of our rewards otherwise our work to get our places was a waste of time.

Demiz3r
08-23-2017, 04:53 AM
Agents,

/ The Division Dev Team

No, it's not. Our rewards are affected. It's not notification bug. It's another calculation error. The percentages don't add up with the changes you announced for the leaderboards.

Tier 1:

Tier 2:
2 Global Event Classified Caches, 2 Masks

Tier 3:
3 Global Event Classified Caches, 3 Masks

This is simple math. Pick up a calculator. Let's use the PS4 leaderboards and my ranking.

There are 197373 players on the leaderboards for the PS4.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH4csAFVYAAPDvp.jpg

I am ranked at 2997 out of 197373.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH4csX7VoAAaW6Z.jpg

Let's do some math.

10% X 197373 = 19737

10% of 197373 players is 19737 players.

Rank 1-19737 should have been tier 3 bracket. I should have received tier 3 rewards for being placed in tier 3 bracket. Instead, I received tier 2 rewards. This calculation was determined by the percentages you gave with the changes that was supposed be done to the leaderboards. This has nothing to do with a notification bug. It's straight incompetence. We told you there was problems with percentages on leaderboards. The numbers didn't add up. Again, here we are. The numbers don't add up. It seems you didn't double check the percentages or made any changes to leaderbaords. This is simple math. A lot of players from different platforms are missing out rewards they are entilted to because the percentages was not calculated properly.

Steve1Rogers
08-23-2017, 06:10 AM
Why this list, so many cheating, as well as cheating with the brush points, with illegal means to obtain the ranking of the people, Ubisoft you do not take measures? Second, a total of 110,000 people involved, in proportion
10%, my score is 6932, according to the ratio, i m in tire 3, but why do I only have two masks

Asirah
08-23-2017, 06:39 AM
Just to back up this thread. Ranked #3240 on the leaderboards with 115193 participants is at 3.73% and just recieved Tier2 Reward. That is not within the 10%.

ExGrunt
08-23-2017, 06:42 AM
Came back after leaving from 1.5, thought I'd give you bloke the benefit as I really want to love this game. Giant fail though, spent most of the limited time I had speed running Lex or clear sky to get a high score. Your GE did not entice me to do anything other than try and win 3 masks, you really need to get rid of leader boards.

Probably too late to keep me now, Destiny 2 out in 2 weeks and will uninstall Division.

can't believe how badly you guys keep stuffing up the simple things, better luck next time

RHD_Nomad
08-23-2017, 06:54 AM
Came back after leaving from 1.5, thought I'd give you bloke the benefit as I really want to love this game. Giant fail though, spent most of the limited time I had speed running Lex or clear sky to get a high score. Your GE did not entice me to do anything other than try and win 3 masks, you really need to get rid of leader boards.

Probably too late to keep me now, Destiny 2 out in 2 weeks and will uninstall Division.

can't believe how badly you guys keep stuffing up the simple things, better luck next time

Bruh, Destiny 2 comes out The Division will be dead by then, i mean TrashStation 4, Xbone one will help, PC release comes, thats it, nobody will even bother with the game, maybe the Youtubers cause they need to cover the game they so love, but chances are they wont even bother because there is nothing to cover

GODLICE
08-23-2017, 08:09 AM
Да, та же проблема. Я занял 8565 и получил ДВА засекреченных контейнера и всего одну маску, хотя написано, что 10% получат 3 уровень награды. Даже если я вошел в 30%, я должен был получить маску ВТОРОГО уровня, я же получил ДВА засекреченных контейнера, как писал Ubi-Johan
Tier 1:
Tier 2:
2 Global Event Classified Caches 2 Masks
Прошу решить данную проблему, иначе все будут считать вас недобросовестными. А лучше раздайте 2 маски всем, кто набрал как минимум 5000 ГС\час.
Я конечно понимаю, что те кто пользовался глитчами дабы поднять свой рейтинг вышли за пределы разумного, но простых игроков не стоит игнорировать.
Ник GODLICE платформа PC.

Masterlitch-UK
08-23-2017, 08:11 AM
So according to my leader board that seems impossible to link a picture easily why the heck would I need to do a URL when it's on my PC common....

Not a great system like everything else on this game WHERE is my reward? Your leaderboard says tier 1 but no caches no mask NOTHING! So did you mess up again?? My user name Masterlitch-UK my score 05425

RHD_Nomad
08-23-2017, 08:16 AM
So according to my leader board that seems impossible to link a picture easily why the heck would I need to do a URL when it's on my PC common....

Not a great system like everything else on this game WHERE is my reward? Your leaderboard says tier 1 but no caches no mask NOTHING! So did you mess up again?? My user name Masterlitch-UK my score 05425

The messed up hardcore lad, the 870 players who were in T3 on pc didn't even make up the 1% of the community, it was 0.75%, so chances are you just got cought in between somwhere and the system didn't know what to do so they threw you out to no tier

Stereopushing
08-23-2017, 08:22 AM
UI Bug? Are you kidding me? unacepteble! you better adress this issue on thursday. You (the dev team) did not a good job in implementing this leaderboard. Not counting points, points got lowered etc. etc. so don't lie to us, your math is just wrong & in case you don't give everybody what he earned, you simply lie to us (again). i want my reward for the right Tier! seems to be you are a nice guy Johan, giving the opurtunity to look into it on reddit. we know it is not your mistake (and not the mistake of Yannick or Hamish, we really love you). but you can't do this in this way. The Leaderboard is broken as Hell, you have to fix this & give everybody his right stuff. otherwise you just don't make a good job!

LegoSalami
08-23-2017, 09:29 AM
What i donīt get is....why on motherf***ing Earth do you guys kick something in the Live game, that was not Tested?
What sens does it make too have a damn PTS if you donīt TEST THE CRAP YOU PUT LIVE???

You keep making the same Stupid mistakes over and over again

SuperiorOrca155
08-23-2017, 10:27 AM
When i logged on Yesterday, there was a message that said that i finished in tier 3. I didnt get time to read all the message, before it was gone !
But i havent received any rewards at all ? And i cant see anything at the leaderboards. I played about 40 hours in the global events, and Think i should receive some reward. If i dont get any response or good explanation. Im for sure movin on too new games. I love this game, and have used a lot of time and money on this game, but enough is enough. Get your **** together massive.

Vlammenzee
08-23-2017, 10:42 AM
When i logged on Yesterday, there was a message that said that i finished in tier 3. I didnt get time to read all the message, before it was gone !
But i havent received any rewards at all ? And i cant see anything at the leaderboards. I played about 40 hours in the global events, and Think i should receive some reward. If i dont get any response or good explanation. Im for sure movin on too new games. I love this game, and have used a lot of time and money on this game, but enough is enough. Get your **** together massive.

Have you checked the rewards claim vendor? as that is where you get your reward.

Locke_Jaw
08-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Yeah, thanks Ubi-X

Got the notification in game I was in Tier 3. HAHAHAHAHAHA just kidding, here's your "We S*(*# on solo players box. Loser."

Seriously thank you. Its nice to know that when Hamish and Yannick haven't been on the forums in over a month, you can say with a straight face
"We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion caused."

HerrENGICRAB
08-23-2017, 01:51 PM
This ISNT just a notification Error, this IS, WAS and STAYS a math error

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/6vfih4/final_xbox_ge_leaderboard_statistics/

Xb1 top tier are 0.43% of the Xb playerbase not 10%

overall top tier is 0.51% of all players combined.. also not 10%

in NO way it adds up to 10% it just doesnt, its just the double of the previous alraedy bonked up calculation that alraedy didnt work out properly

Sacriston
08-23-2017, 02:50 PM
I should have been in Tier 2 after they 'amended the leader boards' - got tier 1 however. Seems they either didn't amend the leader boards as they said, or they messed it up totally when they did. GG Massive, GG.

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 03:30 PM
I say in order for massive to fix another big hole that they put them selves into.

1.) Give all the player that participated in the event all the masks. ( In my opinion this choice should have never been approved in the first place).

2.) Get rid of the leader boards and replace it, With a community challenge massive give us a set number for the community to grind as a whole and we reach that target those who participated in the event are rewarded extra items, because they to help contributed to help reach the community goal.

Terry and Eric should have seen this a mile away instead of wasting their resources putting that leader board together, it doesn't promote us coming together as a community at all, just which one of of us can get the highest score in the shortest amount of time.

Hamish and Yannick are going to have their hand full this Thursday because once again the development just left them out here in sheer cold to get the mess they created under control. The community has spoken of how they feel about the leader boards and when it was shown that people where using certain exploits to get to the top on the first day, they should eliminated the problem right then instead of say we are going to change it in a future update. Scruffy was having a hard time before but this takes the cake.

Well I think it doesn't matter that much what Hamish and Yannick are going to say because if there is something to be done it should be done during tomorrows maintenace. So they will be talking post-factum when everything will be already known. If there won't be solution for tomorrow they will try to push it most likely to the next event or somewhere even further in the future(eg. when masks will be commendations awards). And this is bad thing because it will mean that they will count on us forgetting about it, because during this time something may happen that will postpone it even further and so on, until we stop complaining about it. We should know what is going to happen in next 2-3 hours from now. We will see if today's silence is caused by them working hard on solution or just a calm before the storm (meaning: that thay will announce tomorrow lack of solution). Either way H and Y are not important as we will know everything when we will know the details of the maintenance.

circaXsurvives
08-23-2017, 03:44 PM
I, too, am royally pissed at the way this turned out. I didn't cheese Clear Sky, I played legit and grinded my *** off only to make it to Tier 1. If you didn't have a group to help boost you, there's no way you could've gotten higher than Tier 1. This is complete B.S.

xXTohkaXx
08-23-2017, 04:56 PM
Hallo all,

some of you know me maybe as Sleepy Joe or eSport Chan or just my The Division nick: Alone_in_NY .

Last friday 18.8 my team leader (4 guys team) sayd : "We play now with another one guy he got amazing PVE build and good damage against elite". Means i was out of team cuz i had only my firestarter 8k fire build and it was more for PVP then pve.. So i lost a team, i get kicked cuz of my low build.

Like 4 days left for the Event i dont have a team and my score was something like 4230 T1 ..., i was like them how to get T3 now without a team how to make it with randoms?! i was lost and tryed to think about a way i could go for T3.

Then i have seen youtube, what i have seen was only TEAM play scores fast runs CS or Lexington.. i dont have team, i can not run with randoms Clear Sky in 5 min... _-_ not with my PVP firestarter build..

I stoped to listen to this (kidsfull) Community and tryed to search inside game a way for solo T3..

There we go, you could see "THE EVENT IS ALSO IN LAST STAND/SURVIVE/UNDERGROUND, if you end this missions you get caches with 85 global event coins.. i was asking my self, does it count if do NOT open the cache and did not have the answer but it was clearly.

If you do not open this caches - you do not get the global event coins, means you get them only if you open the cache/box, so one box 85... means if i could open 100 boxes in like 5 min then i would do 850 global event coins in 5 min, but i did not need 5 min to open them by spamming "F" and "Space". It was around 1-2 min. So i was not sure does it work or not cuz no one was talking about farming caches and to open them all as once in this SCORE EVENT HOUR.. i just started to farm LAST STAND caches, sometimes when good game i become 3 but mostly was it about only 1 cache in one last stand round.

I had only 4-3 days left, one game- one cache was like 20-30 min.. GUYS cuz of this late idea i had no time BUT I WANTED THIS T3 mask. I wanted my NAME on the LEADERBORD in T3 section..
https://picload.org/thumbnail/rwcwdlil/tomclancysthedivision2017-8-21.jpg Here you see i had 88 caches 32 left to farm :/ and thats main inventory.. just to become the 120 caches..
Well i sleeped this weekend every night like only 3-4 hours then i played again LS until i had on monday my Backpack full 118 LS caches and 2 Survive Caches.. 120x85= 10.200 global event coins (if i open them at once in like 3 min?!) I was taking last look on scoreboard: T3 started by so far i remember - 14-16k global event coins in one hour..

Ok if i open my caches its gonna be 10200 + if i run like solo with randoms 4 times lexington it should be by 10200+(4x750)= 13.200 global event coins.. still not enough, AND all other guys training with team everyday, every hour they get better score and they push T3 on higher level.. So i did think (using brain,logical) T3 at the end of the event gonna much higher then 14000 global event coins/hour . Means still not enough :(

So i tested something what if i go Last Stand and get more caches in my enhancements storage (or how it calls, the storage you have to clear before you can play another round LS or Survive or UG) My test was if i have caches/boxes in this storage can i still run normal mission like Lexington?! ANSWER YES , god damn massive THANKS! YES YOU CAN..

So i was running more Last Stand farming caches in last night, like up to 46 caches or near to 46 (IN ONE RUN : like not going out of LS/ otherwise you have to open all the caches before you can join LS again) until i did get kicked cuz beeing afk on spawn, well i sleeped away xD.. 2 hours later i woke up and i see i did get kicked from LS cuz being afk.. Only 3 hours left and i can not join LS again cuz of storage :D

So make me coffe, and then little warm up in Lexington..

My 1 HOUR EVENT started..

So i did 5 runs Lexington with any randoms (pretty lucky cuz the leader restarted the mission instant /speedruns) after my 5 runs Lexington in about 50 min i did get 750x5= 3750 global event coins -OK- i teleport to main base as fast as i could and started to open the caches from my back pack 120 x 85 = 10200 global event coins, then i started to open 46 caches of my enhancements storage .. (there was like near to 35 caches with 85 GEcoins 11 caches only guns) means 35x85= 2975 Global event coins in about like 2 min. Then i did go again 2 more rounds Lexington... In one hour(120x85)+(750x5)+(35x85)= 10200+3000+2975= 16.925 global event coins in one hour, solo and no cheats! + two times more Lexington but cuz it was over one hour i dont know did it count or what did count and what not, the scoretable still offline for me, i cant see my true finall score BUT

I CAN CLEARLY SAY AND SHOW YOU, THERE WAS EASY WAY TO SOLO TO T3 if people cry there was no way or they had no time.. ALL BS take your head and i dont go back to scool maybe you guys learn again to read and to think and we dont have to read such stupid **** like: no way for solo t3 or its to hard.. CUZ it was ez for me.. yes it took time but it was weekend so i had time and its ok if its hard IT MEANS YOU HAVE SKILL for T3 if you dont have your T3 mask dont cry and start training to become skill and next event you get your T3 for sure if noot you low noob, maybe wrong game for you..

So i am not sure about my end score of this round, cuz leaderboards offline :( BUT i did get my T3 with full costum.. I am so happy about cuz like 3-4 ago i lost a team and CUZ OF THIS VERY LOUD BUT VERY BRAINLESS COMMUNITY i did think there is no way for SOLO T3 ... but you guys cry more then think so if any one gonna say CUZ OF leaderboards or CUZ OF SOLO he did not get T3 .. DESERVED NOOB GO PLAY HELLO KITTY ONLY or USE YOUR BRAIN HOW (i hope so) YOUR FATHER AND TEACHER in scool teached you to do... READ and THINK.. that's how i become my solo T3 and i had 3 days for prepare..

Thx Massive and Thx UBISOFT for rlly good job and rly good balance system beetwin team player and solo player.. +1 <3

https://picload.org/thumbnail/rwcwdlar/tomclancysthedivision2017-8-22.jpg
https://picload.org/thumbnail/rwcwdldw/tomclancysthedivision2017-8-22.jpg
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Another short story: Fan player and Veteran Story of my own.. a story from a guy who was waiting for this game since first trailer.

Btw.. after to many firearm (brainless stupid kids) started to cry about mine seeker ... i dont know .. massive seems like listen to brainless loud kids and started to destroy the deep part of this game RPG build part.. now if you go for tactical build you just a joke ... THX for loud kids they dont understand how to make a simple nice build.. but crying about people they make one and cuz they are good, they get CUTTED BY MASSIVE cuz of brainless kids ... "OOOOOOOH i did get killed my seeker mine.. i was to dumb to jump away and to take cover,,, oooohhh massive pls destroy seeker mine build cuz i **** in my pants if i see seeker mine rolling around..

Well after this 900 to 600, Massive started to destroy a good part of game to make it more BRAINLESS NOOBS friendly.. they only can run firearms.. I mean COMMON is this just another one simple round based MP shooter or is this deep RPG shooter?!

ITS ALL ON YOU MASSIVE AND UBISOFT.. PLS DONT FORGET PEOPLE LIKE ME they are not loud on forums but we was waiting for this game since first trailer we was enjoining this game so much until noobs in community started to cry and cuz there much of this kids, massive started to listen to them...

Thanks atleast for good balance in event.. but about the balance in a battlefield ... by cutting explosion power you cutted the half of the game.. now all the toys we was waiting for to play in this game are boring, tech seeker mine is boring until you have godlike mods and godlike rolls.. Its not fun anymore to make nice tech build...

The difference: before i did get rekt much but i alos killed many with my seeker mine build, now i only get reckt much... I am not crying cuz i did get rekt, its ok my build is Technicak means no health no dps.. my role is to play smart as tech and not to play as rambo... so i dont cry.. but now it does not matter how i play.. you guys pls stop this you destroy the heart of this game just for a wave of crying firearm kids..

Bring back the RPG and the fun in tech builds, to cut the explotion is the biggest fail you could do.. My Question as next: If a firearm kid get rekt my some one who get healed by medic build, do you guys gonna cuz then medic builds to cuz this kids cry medic build is to op...

And btw HOW LOGICAL is this that a F BOMB do not give you more damage then some shots from AK.. i mean i have no health and no firearm power in my build but its ok it snot my role to play rambo.. but atleast i had fun ... now i have firestarter build and i get some kills with my flames in LS but thats not the same.. my seeker mine is now a joke...

SO WHERE is THE BALANCE, THE RPG, IF ONLY FIREARM KIDS RULE THE BATTLEFIELD, crying waves of stupid brainless firearm kids and massive seems dont have own plan about this game..

Pls bring the fun back in building explosion builds and any tech builds... other wise whats the point in this game if this gonna be someday just like another one round based shooter.

I know what i am talking about check my steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046640675 if i talk about MMO and round based shooter and about multiplayer games.

Guys you gave us the dream with first trailer, then you make this dream real.. ( you remember this amazing first trailer and all the toys you have seen and was waiting for to play with) you gave us the best birthday/christmas gift a gamer kid (we all still kids :P) could wish.. then you started to take lovely parts of this gift.. of our game.. To cut seeker mine is the first rlly bad move step in wrong direktion.. whats gonna be the next cut? like my example medic build cut? Cuz kids cry about medic and the power of health.. :( sad start for such great game.. maybe listen to your heart and not to crying communiy kids, they cry allways each day another story.. they play and then they leave the game for another game whats about people veteran player they stay? Is this your answer MASSIVE/UBI to player they didnt cry last years about cheaters, bugs and fails.. no we did not, (this my first post cuz i am scared about the comming **** storm cuz kids think there was no way for solo t3). We did not cheat we was quit playing and emjoining this amazing game..
Now no more enjoi RPG build, fullfilled dream about RPG and usefull amazing deep tacktical builds going to be destroyd .. This only from 900-to 600 cut, did make firearm kids the only rules the battlefield and now its the only way to have fun in PVP is this balance? All the seeker mine build guys had near to no health but did they cry as they did get rekt by own fail not to be in cover.. no they did not.. but you Massive forget us just becouse we was quit and enjoid the game until 1.7 destroying mine seeker and all the explotion power :( now its juts lame and no fun at all to go for tech build like seeker mine. You get rekt by firearm kids and they laugh about your seeker mine build even if god like roles.

PLS TURN BACK 900 to the explosion, pls massive listen to the heart of the community and not to the loud dayli crykid fly's, they cry more then make any nice build and then they play another game.. :( pls massive think about .. you was on the right way balance was there and just of one wave of stupid cry kids you destroy the balance.. Let them learn to take cover and not run like rambos around if they get rekt by seeker mine OWN F* fail DESERVED...

I love you guys and sorry for this crying, like i sayd i do not post much and my english is not good jet i am still learning.

All the player out there i love you all as well, dont get me wrong every one got own playstyle but before cry respeckt others and use brain, cuz you guys are very loud and this gonna destroy the amazing, the deep part of this game.. please community, please Massive and please Ubisoft.. do not listen to oneday fly's listen to veterans, we know what we talk about cuz this our love, this is our heart this what we love to do all the time, we play and eat your game we dream about different builds.. pls stop cutting this and return the 900 damage to explotion..

As allways GG GL&HF your Sleepy Joe

PS: HEY Massive! thank you all guys for this Master piece! <3 great job keep it up! We love it and we need more much much more, cant wait for the sick 1.8.. i have so many ideas but hey like i say we deep heart player we play more then read and wright on forums so, sry for being quit we are a bit bizzy playing this game :P

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Hallo all,

some of you know me maybe as Sleepy Joe or eSport Chan or just my The Division nick: Alone_in_NY .

Last friday 18.8 my team leader (4 guys team) sayd : "We play now with another one guy he got amazing PVE build and good damage against elite". Means i was out of team cuz i had only my firestarter 8k fire build and it was more for PVP then pve.. So i lost a team, i get kicked cuz of my low build.

Like 4 days left for the Event i dont have a team and my score was something like 4230 T1 ..., i was like them how to get T3 now without a team how to make it with randoms?! i was lost and tryed to think about a way i could go for T3.

Then i have seen youtube, what i have seen was only TEAM play scores fast runs CS or Lexington.. i dont have team, i can not run with randoms Clear Sky in 5 min... _-_ not with my PVP firestarter build..

I stoped to listen to this (kidsfull) Community and tryed to search inside game a way for solo T3..

There we go, you could see "THE EVENT IS ALSO IN LAST STAND/SURVIVE/UNDERGROUND, if you end this missions you get caches with 85 global event coins.. i was asking my self, does it count if do NOT open the cache and did not have the answer but it was clearly.

If you do not open this caches - you do not get the global event coins, means you get them only if you open the cache/box, so one box 85... means if i could open 100 boxes in like 5 min then i would do 850 global event coins in 5 min, but i did not need 5 min to open them by spamming "F" and "Space". It was around 1-2 min. So i was not sure does it work or not cuz no one was talking about farming caches and to open them all as once in this SCORE EVENT HOUR.. i just started to farm LAST STAND caches, sometimes when good game i become 3 but mostly was it about only 1 cache in one last stand round.

I had only 4-3 days left, one game- one cache was like 20-30 min.. GUYS cuz of this late idea i had no time BUT I WANTED THIS T3 mask. I wanted my NAME on the LEADERBORD in T3 section..
https://picload.org/thumbnail/rwcwdlil/tomclancysthedivision2017-8-21.jpg Here you see i had 88 caches 32 left to farm :/ and thats main inventory.. just to become the 120 caches..
Well i sleeped this weekend every night like only 3-4 hours then i played again LS until i had on monday my Backpack full 118 LS caches and 2 Survive Caches.. 120x85= 10.200 global event coins (if i open them at once in like 3 min?!) I was taking last look on scoreboard: T3 started by so far i remember - 14-16k global event coins in one hour..

Ok if i open my caches its gonna be 10200 + if i run like solo with randoms 4 times lexington it should be by 10200+(4x750)= 13.200 global event coins.. still not enough, AND all other guys training with team everyday, every hour they get better score and they push T3 on higher level.. So i did think (using brain,logical) T3 at the end of the event gonna much higher then 14000 global event coins/hour . Means still not enough :(

So i tested something what if i go Last Stand and get more caches in my enhancements storage (or how it calls, the storage you have to clear before you can play another round LS or Survive or UG) My test was if i have caches/boxes in this storage can i still run normal mission like Lexington?! ANSWER YES , god damn massive THANKS! YES YOU CAN..

So i was running more Last Stand farming caches in last night, like up to 46 caches or near to 46 (IN ONE RUN : like not going out of LS/ otherwise you have to open all the caches before you can join LS again) until i did get kicked cuz beeing afk on spawn, well i sleeped away xD.. 2 hours later i woke up and i see i did get kicked from LS cuz being afk.. Only 3 hours left and i can not join LS again cuz of storage :D

So make me coffe, and then little warm up in Lexington..

My 1 HOUR EVENT started..

So i did 5 runs Lexington with any randoms (pretty lucky cuz the leader restarted the mission instant /speedruns) after my 5 runs Lexington in about 50 min i did get 750x5= 3750 global event coins -OK- i teleport to main base as fast as i could and started to open the caches from my back pack 120 x 85 = 10200 global event coins, then i started to open 46 caches of my enhancements storage .. (there was like near to 35 caches with 85 GEcoins 11 caches only guns) means 35x85= 2975 Global event coins in about like 2 min. Then i did go again 2 more rounds Lexington... In one hour(120x85)+(750x5)+(35x85)= 10200+3000+2975= 16.925 global event coins in one hour, solo and no cheats! + two times more Lexington but cuz it was over one hour i dont know did it count or what did count and what not, the scoretable still offline for me, i cant see my true finall score BUT

I CAN CLEARLY SAY AND SHOW YOU, THERE WAS EASY WAY TO SOLO TO T3 if people cry there was no way or they had no time.. ALL BS take your head and i dont go back to scool maybe you guys learn again to read and to think and we dont have to read such stupid **** like: no way for solo t3 or its to hard.. CUZ it was ez for me.. yes it took time but it was weekend so i had time and its ok if its hard IT MEANS YOU HAVE SKILL for T3 if you dont have your T3 mask dont cry and start training to become skill and next event you get your T3 for sure if noot you low noob, maybe wrong game for you..

So i am not sure about my end score of this round, cuz leaderboards offline :( BUT i did get my T3 with full costum.. I am so happy about cuz like 3-4 ago i lost a team and CUZ OF THIS VERY LOUD BUT VERY BRAINLESS COMMUNITY i did think there is no way for SOLO T3 ... but you guys cry more then think so if any one gonna say CUZ OF leaderboards or CUZ OF SOLO he did not get T3 .. DESERVED NOOB GO PLAY HELLO KITTY ONLY or USE YOUR BRAIN HOW (i hope so) YOUR FATHER AND TEACHER in scool teached you to do... READ and THINK.. that's how i become my solo T3 and i had 3 days for prepare..

Thx Massive and Thx UBISOFT for rlly good job and rly good balance system beetwin team player and solo player.. +1 <3

https://picload.org/thumbnail/rwcwdlar/tomclancysthedivision2017-8-22.jpg
https://picload.org/thumbnail/rwcwdldw/tomclancysthedivision2017-8-22.jpg
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________

Another short story: Fan player and Veteran Story of my own.. a story from a guy who was waiting for this game since first trailer.

Btw.. after to many firearm (brainless stupid kids) started to cry about mine seeker ... i dont know .. massive seems like listen to brainless loud kids and started to destroy the deep part of this game RPG build part.. now if you go for tactical build you just a joke ... THX for loud kids they dont understand how to make a simple nice build.. but crying about people they make one and cuz they are good, they get CUTTED BY MASSIVE cuz of brainless kids ... "OOOOOOOH i did get killed my seeker mine.. i was to dumb to jump away and to take cover,,, oooohhh massive pls destroy seeker mine build cuz i **** in my pants if i see seeker mine rolling around..

Well after this 900 to 600, Massive started to destroy a good part of game to make it more BRAINLESS NOOBS friendly.. they only can run firearms.. I mean COMMON is this just another one simple round based MP shooter or is this deep RPG shooter?!

ITS ALL ON YOU MASSIVE AND UBISOFT.. PLS DONT FORGET PEOPLE LIKE ME they are not loud on forums but we was waiting for this game since first trailer we was enjoining this game so much until noobs in community started to cry and cuz there much of this kids, massive started to listen to them...

Thanks atleast for good balance in event.. but about the balance in a battlefield ... by cutting explosion power you cutted the half of the game.. now all the toys we was waiting for to play in this game are boring, tech seeker mine is boring until you have godlike mods and godlike rolls.. Its not fun anymore to make nice tech build...

The difference: before i did get rekt much but i alos killed many with my seeker mine build, now i only get reckt much... I am not crying cuz i did get rekt, its ok my build is Technicak means no health no dps.. my role is to play smart as tech and not to play as rambo... so i dont cry.. but now it does not matter how i play.. you guys pls stop this you destroy the heart of this game just for a wave of crying firearm kids..

Bring back the RPG and the fun in tech builds, to cut the explotion is the biggest fail you could do.. My Question as next: If a firearm kid get rekt my some one who get healed by medic build, do you guys gonna cuz then medic builds to cuz this kids cry medic build is to op...

And btw HOW LOGICAL is this that a F BOMB do not give you more damage then some shots from AK.. i mean i have no health and no firearm power in my build but its ok it snot my role to play rambo.. but atleast i had fun ... now i have firestarter build and i get some kills with my flames in LS but thats not the same.. my seeker mine is now a joke...

SO WHERE is THE BALANCE, THE RPG, IF ONLY FIREARM KIDS RULE THE BATTLEFIELD, crying waves of stupid brainless firearm kids and massive seems dont have own plan about this game..

Pls bring the fun back in building explosion builds and any tech builds... other wise whats the point in this game if this gonna be someday just like another one round based shooter.

I know what i am talking about check my steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046640675 if i talk about MMO and round based shooter and about multiplayer games.

Guys you gave us the dream with first trailer, then you make this dream real.. ( you remember this amazing first trailer and all the toys you have seen and was waiting for to play with) you gave us the best birthday/christmas gift a gamer kid (we all still kids :P) could wish.. then you started to take lovely parts of this gift.. of our game.. To cut seeker mine is the first rlly bad move step in wrong direktion.. whats gonna be the next cut? like my example medic build cut? Cuz kids cry about medic and the power of health.. :( sad start for such great game.. maybe listen to your heart and not to crying communiy kids, they cry allways each day another story.. they play and then they leave the game for another game whats about people veteran player they stay? Is this your answer MASSIVE/UBI to player they didnt cry last years about cheaters, bugs and fails.. no we did not, (this my first post cuz i am scared about the comming **** storm cuz kids think there was no way for solo t3). We did not cheat we was quit playing and emjoining this amazing game..
Now no more enjoi RPG build, fullfilled dream about RPG and usefull amazing deep tacktical builds going to be destroyd .. This only from 900-to 600 cut, did make firearm kids the only rules the battlefield and now its the only way to have fun in PVP is this balance? All the seeker mine build guys had near to no health but did they cry as they did get rekt by own fail not to be in cover.. no they did not.. but you Massive forget us just becouse we was quit and enjoid the game until 1.7 destroying mine seeker and all the explotion power :( now its juts lame and no fun at all to go for tech build like seeker mine. You get rekt by firearm kids and they laugh about your seeker mine build even if god like roles.

PLS TURN BACK 900 to the explosion, pls massive listen to the heart of the community and not to the loud dayli crykid fly's, they cry more then make any nice build and then they play another game.. :( pls massive think about .. you was on the right way balance was there and just of one wave of stupid cry kids you destroy the balance.. Let them learn to take cover and not run like rambos around if they get rekt by seeker mine OWN F* fail DESERVED...

I love you guys and sorry for this crying, like i sayd i do not post much and my english is not good jet i am still learning.

All the player out there i love you all as well, dont get me wrong every one got own playstyle but before cry respeckt others and use brain, cuz you guys are very loud and this gonna destroy the amazing, the deep part of this game.. please community, please Massive and please Ubisoft.. do not listen to oneday fly's listen to veterans, we know what we talk about cuz this our love, this is our heart this what we love to do all the time, we play and eat your game we dream about different builds.. pls stop cutting this and return the 900 damage to explotion..

As allways GG GL&HF your Sleepy Joe

PS: HEY Massive! thank you all guys for this Master piece! <3 great job keep it up! We love it and we need more much much more, cant wait for the sick 1.8.. i have so many ideas but hey like i say we deep heart player we play more then read and wright on forums so, sry for being quit we are a bit bizzy playing this game :P

You really don't understand a single thing we are fighting for here.... In Poland we call people like you Useful Idio.ts. These are people who support the wrong cause because they don't understand what is going on (they lack knowledge, analitical skills, experience, etc.) and what it actually means. They support cause that is harmful for themselves. We are all against cheaters. We all know how to explot the system to get to T3 and get all the best. Some of us due to our own standards (morality, principals, actual show of skill) choose not to do so. All the dissatisfaction comes from the fact that most of us earned higher rewards but didn't get them because of broken system. We fight for Massive to acknowledge it and fix.

Vlammenzee
08-23-2017, 05:29 PM
@Alone_in_NY i think it would be better for you to start your own thread and repost your responds, as most of it has nothing to do with what we're discussing here.

@Nazlani i applaud you for having similar thoughts sir.

xXTohkaXx
08-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Well i was not cheating and not explot the system.. the f you talk about.. There was simple way for SOLO T3 easy, if you dont get it, stop crying.. AND UNTIL LEADERBOARDS ONLINE, who say you got T3 score? if you would have T3 score like me you would own T3 mask.. so what you want wait until scoreboard gonna be online and you see your score. My last score i have seen was 4k it was T1 and cuz logical... the next score gonna be higher for T3 cuz all guys are training and making new highscore runs.. did you rly think your score from last Friday gonna be in the same tire level if so, well dude ^^ grow up, thats how scoreboard of skill works, people getting better and score for tire getting higher.. :D i did knew it cuz its logical so i was rlly near not to sleep, i did knew its better to become much more cuz score changes every day like the better and faster gameplay of many tryhards.. If you didnt try hard.. SU and stop crying about how you call people they are using brain and think THIS SCOREBOARD AND SKILLSYSTEM WAS VERY GOOD BALANCED .. dude i had a team on frieday, i lost it i had only 3 days and i did become my T3 .. do you know what my old team they kicked me did become.. T1 cuz they did not think.. they listened to brainless people like you on forums and in youtube.. Why should they fic a score WHEN YOUR LOWBOB NOOB SCORE DID NOT REACH T3 ... go cry kid or you take it like a man and do better score next event..

xXTohkaXx
08-23-2017, 05:34 PM
ALL IN ALL who say you did earned higher reward if you do, we will see it on the scoreboard if its online... But i guess its very simple your score was just not high enough for T3, so why crying cuz your score on friday was T3 and Monday not anymore?! Could you pls fix your brain.

xXTohkaXx
08-23-2017, 05:39 PM
You are one of the biggest reassons why many veteran player like me never go to forum, stupid talk wasting time.. gg.. We should talk about more new features in this game and not about sad kids they didnt reach t3 cuz "leaderboards fail" xDDDDDDD maybe it was just syour score the fail and the bug :D well i am out its allready to much.. see you all ingame.. Thx for great event and for good scoreboard and the balance i had no problems and did get my T3 mask cuz of my skill and not any scoreboard problems or what ever

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Well i was not cheating and not explot the system.. the f you talk about.. There was simple way for SOLO T3 easy, if you dont get it, stop crying.. AND UNTIL LEADERBOARDS ONLINE, who say you got T3 score? if you would have T3 score like me you would own T3 mask.. so what you want wait until scoreboard gonna be online and you see your score. My last score i have seen was 4k it was T1 and cuz logical... the next score gonna be higher for T3 cuz all guys are training and making new highscore runs.. did you rly think your score from last Friday gonna be in the same tire level if so, well dude ^^ grow up, thats how scoreboard of skill works, people getting better and score for tire getting higher.. :D i did knew it cuz its logical so i was rlly near not to sleep, i did knew its better to become much more cuz score changes every day like the better and faster gameplay of many tryhards.. If you didnt try hard.. SU and stop crying about how you call people they are using brain and think THIS SCOREBOARD AND SKILLSYSTEM WAS VERY GOOD BALANCED .. dude i had a team on frieday, i lost it i had only 3 days and i did become my T3 .. do you know what my old team they kicked me did become.. T1 cuz they did not think.. they listened to brainless people like you on forums and in youtube.. Why should they fic a score WHEN YOUR LOWBOB NOOB SCORE DID NOT REACH T3 ... go cry kid or you take it like a man and do better score next event..

I see what is your problem. Familiarize yourself with the discussion we are having here. You are just ignorant, and don't understand anything AT ALL. Start here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1730742-Global-Event-Reward-Notification-Issue?p=12865974&viewfull=1#post12865974

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 05:42 PM
You are one of the biggest reassons why many veteran player like me never go to forum, stupid talk wasting time.. gg.. We should talk about more new features in this game and not about sad kids they didnt reach t3 cuz "leaderboards fail" xDDDDDDD maybe it was just syour score the fail and the bug :D well i am out its allready to much.. see you all ingame.. Thx for great event and for good scoreboard and the balance i had no problems and did get my T3 mask cuz of my skill and not any scoreboard problems or what ever

Because we have life outside the game and we don't spend hours a day to play? Because we rely on skills and fair play rules? Don't nsult people you don't know. You may be surprised who sits on the other side and that he may have knowledge far beyond yours.

HarambeVendetta
08-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Don't answer him, his english is broken as fuc.k it's painful to read his every word, and he is not capable of understanding the problem.

Vlammenzee
08-23-2017, 05:49 PM
We should talk about more new features in this game and not about sad kids they didnt reach t3 cuz "leaderboards fail" xDDDDDDD

Could you pls fix your brain.

Well i was not cheating and not explot the system.. the f you talk about.. There was simple way for SOLO T3 easy, if you dont get it, stop crying..

Not sure if you're just trolling now or just trying to annoy people, no one accused you of anything btw.

I'm just saying your reply brings next to nothing into the discussion regarding massive's failure regarding the leaderboard issues, and it would be more adviseable to start your own thread, instead of posting a huge wall of text that doesn't add anything.

xXTohkaXx
08-23-2017, 05:50 PM
I read it all and have seen your screenshots, so i understand your score was 6k, well you should be proud to become atleast T1.. Why many of you say this is broken but also you all they say its broken have T1 or T2 and all the people like me who have T3 (earned by them selfs without any cheats or team or exploits) say the system is balanced and good. ?! Why did i not get this problem?! Do we play different games or do we have different updates of the game? I think its the same scoreboard for all us out there.. In real i did not think i can get my T3 cuz many hard tryes outthere making highscores like supermans.. I did think with my near to near to 16k points i become T2 but i did make it to T3.. You have only 6k and you talk about higher reward FOR WHAT for being lazzy and talking much on forum?

HarambeVendetta
08-23-2017, 05:51 PM
Don't reply to him, he proven that he is not capable of understanding, you will just make him write another wall of text, if you reply. Let him leave and play the game, it's better for him, but especially us.

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Don't reply to him, he proven that he is not capable of understanding, you will just make him write another wall of text, if you reply. Let him leave and play the game, it's better for him, but especially us.

Yup, I'm done with him. Responded earlier only to expose him to people so they can validate if his voice is of any reason ;)

xXTohkaXx
08-23-2017, 05:53 PM
I just say there is no LEADERBOARD ISSUES there just some people dont understand how leaderboards works and now crying about their low scores .. i am not trolling .. wtf!? anyway get gud and you will see next time no problems with leaderboards

HarambeVendetta
08-23-2017, 05:55 PM
I literally feel sorry for you,. i really do if you think that the 10% of 160 000 is 790. Because according to the leaderboards that's the case and if you belive that, than you are really bad at solving math problems.

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 05:57 PM
I literally feel sorry for you,. i really do if you think that the 10% of 160 000 is 790. Because according to the leaderboards that's the case and if you belive that, than you are really bad at solving math problems.

You as well shouldn't feed the troll :P

orthow
08-23-2017, 06:46 PM
I just say there is no LEADERBOARD ISSUES there just some people dont understand how leaderboards works and now crying about their low scores .. i am not trolling .. wtf!? anyway get gud and you will see next time no problems with leaderboards

Reported. So tired of these kids and their "get good" **** when they clearly abused the system.

Sorry, the majority of the playerbase didn't want to scam the system and preferred to play the actual content related to the event.

Sys0p_
08-23-2017, 07:52 PM
Here's what I think happened with the leaderboards (this is just a theory)... Each tier has cutoff scores calculated using percentiles based on all players GE tokens / hour numbers. This means that the total number of players is irrelevant to the number of players that end up in each tier. You take a look at all the GE/hour scores and from them calculate the 85/30/10 percentiles, these become the cutoff numbers. Any player with a score at or above the cutoff becomes included in that tier. This means that the highest tier could contain 10 players or it could contain 1000 players.

The problem was with the wording where the announcement said "Place in the top X% of the community" and people mistaking this to mean that tiers would be calculated based on a percentage of all players. Instead, the wording should be interpreted as "Place in the top X percentile of the community".

Overall I very much enjoyed this Global Event, got a mask and a bunch of new gear and had a great time playing with others and managed to get all GE commendations completed. My only real problem with this whole thing is the abysmal communication with the players from Massive. For weeks before the event they talked up the masks, but provided no detail on what they would look like or how they would be obtained. Then trailer video is posted that says they can be obtained through Global Event leaderboards and commendations. Then, patch notes drop and it turns out they are only attainable through leaderboards (which I'm OK with). Patch 1.7 drops, leaderboard isn't available for 12 hours then once available nobody has any idea exactly how GE tokens / hour is being calculated. Poorly worded announcement is released that causes everyone to confuse percentile for percentage and that changes will not be visible until event ends. At the end of the event leaderboard goes offline for 12 hours and players have no idea what their final score or ranking was, and then are further confused by notifications were coded incorrectly and got the tiers backwards. Two days elapse with more poor communication with the community.

Anyway, hopefully they will get this mess sorted out and communicate what went wrong on SOTG. I'm still looking forward to the next GE and 1.8.

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 08:47 PM
Here's what I think happened with the leaderboards (this is just a theory)... Each tier has cutoff scores calculated using percentiles based on all players GE tokens / hour numbers. This means that the total number of players is irrelevant to the number of players that end up in each tier. You take a look at all the GE/hour scores and from them calculate the 85/30/10 percentiles, these become the cutoff numbers. Any player with a score at or above the cutoff becomes included in that tier. This means that the highest tier could contain 10 players or it could contain 1000 players.

The problem was with the wording where the announcement said "Place in the top X% of the community" and people mistaking this to mean that tiers would be calculated based on a percentage of all players. Instead, the wording should be interpreted as "Place in the top X percentile of the community".

Overall I very much enjoyed this Global Event, got a mask and a bunch of new gear and had a great time playing with others and managed to get all GE commendations completed. My only real problem with this whole thing is the abysmal communication with the players from Massive. For weeks before the event they talked up the masks, but provided no detail on what they would look like or how they would be obtained. Then trailer video is posted that says they can be obtained through Global Event leaderboards and commendations. Then, patch notes drop and it turns out they are only attainable through leaderboards (which I'm OK with). Patch 1.7 drops, leaderboard isn't available for 12 hours then once available nobody has any idea exactly how GE tokens / hour is being calculated. Poorly worded announcement is released that causes everyone to confuse percentile for percentage and that changes will not be visible until event ends. At the end of the event leaderboard goes offline for 12 hours and players have no idea what their final score or ranking was, and then are further confused by notifications were coded incorrectly and got the tiers backwards. Two days elapse with more poor communication with the community.

Anyway, hopefully they will get this mess sorted out and communicate what went wrong on SOTG. I'm still looking forward to the next GE and 1.8.

Well, that would be a terrible confussion because it changes a lot and could have had huge impact on how people would behave during the event. This understanding even further boost groups, cheaters and exploiters. As you wrote this is just a theory. So far in every official thread we are talking about percentages and there is no reason to assume they meant something else. Also, in today's stream Yannick was also talking about percentages.

Also it is worth noting that DLCs give huge advantage to expiters and system abusers because all of this activity caches give tokens which are inaccessible to people who don't have them. (Just to clarify - I have all DLCs so this is not a complaint of someone who didn't spend money on game)

Sys0p_
08-23-2017, 08:55 PM
Well, that would be a terrible confussion because it changes a lot and could have had huge impact on how people would behave during the event.

Exactly, and I think that's the real problem that actually occurred - a confusion in communication between the devs and CMs and from the CMs to the players. I can even understand why the devs would have implemented the leaderboard tiers using percentiles as it makes it easier to deal with cases where multiple players have the same score (who gets ranked higher?) especially at the bottom/top of each tier.

AvuNit09
08-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Massive and The Division team you have completely and utterly lied to the community about how the leaderboards actually worked and actually tallied the GE tokens. I timed my Monday session at 6:10PST at 6:10 I completed the Time Square Power Relay mission on legendary with a set of randoms and we finished it all the way through, I finished right at 6:10 on Monday PST time. At that time I was rewarded 1500 GE tokens as well as some from the bosses. At 6:10 i went right into farming Lexington Event Center on Challenging. I was able to run through that mission at least 5 or 6 times giving me 750 each time. Netting me a total of at least 5300-5400 GE tokens including the small amount you get from bosses. When I check the leaderboards I am only at 3940 when I really should have at least 5500 or more in GE tokens, this is insane and I want my proper reward, I should have been in at least tier 2 on the current leaderboards if they took my correct GE token I earned across 6:00pm on Monday. I know for fact I made more then 3940 I know for fact! I have over 530+ hours in this game and put at least 15 hours in GE tokens so I could be at least part of tier 2 and get the CBRN Mask. I hate this gas mask addition it looks horrible, please credit my account with the CBRN mask that I deserve. Massive please do the right thing and reward all three masks to all players who at least made it to tier 1 or above because your leaderboards are trash and they are not recording the correct information at all. I know for fact I made more GE token in an hour then 3920 I know for fact I did! This is completely ridiculous, Massive fix this now and reward anyone that made it to the lowest tier with all the masks and then figure out a better way to reward these. If you all don't reward at least the people that made it to tier 1 or tier 3 whatever is lower then reward those players with all three masks since you totally screwed the leaderboards because I know my numbers are way off! PLEASE FIX THIS MASSIVE AND REWARD ALL PLAYERS WHO MADE IT TO ANY TIERS ALL MASKS. THANKS!

AvuNit09
08-23-2017, 09:22 PM
Massive reward all players who made it into any of the 1,2 or3 tiers of your broken leaderboards all 3 masks please, you would make everyone happy and then fix the leaderboards and rethink on how to do this. I timed my Monday session at 6:10PST at 6:10 I completed the Time Square Power Relay mission on legendary with a set of randoms and we finished it all the way through, I finished right at 6:10 on Monday PST time. At that time I was rewarded 1500 GE tokens as well as some from the bosses. At 6:10 i went right into farming Lexington Event Center on Challenging. I was able to run through that mission at least 5 or 6 times giving me 750 each time. Netting me a total of at least 5300-5400 GE tokens including the small amount you get from bosses. When I check the leaderboards I am only at 3940 when I really should have at least 5500 or more in GE tokens, this is insane and I want my proper reward, I should have been in at least tier 2 on the current leaderboards if they took my correct GE token I earned across 6:00pm on Monday. I know for fact I made more then 3940 I know for fact! I have over 530+ hours in this game and put at least 15 hours in GE tokens so I could be at least part of tier 2 and get the CBRN Mask. I hate this gas mask addition it looks horrible, please credit my account with the CBRN mask that I deserve. Massive please do the right thing and reward all three masks to all players who at least made it to tier 1 or above because your leaderboards are trash and they are not recording the correct information at all. I know for fact I made more GE token in an hour then 3920 I know for fact I did! This is completely ridiculous, Massive fix this now and reward anyone that made it to the lowest tier with all the masks and then figure out a better way to reward these. If you all don't reward at least the people that made it to tier 1 or tier 3 whatever is lower then reward those players with all three masks since you totally screwed the leaderboards because I know my numbers are way off! PLEASE FIX THIS MASSIVE AND REWARD ALL PLAYERS WHO MADE IT TO ANY TIERS ALL MASKS. THANK YOU!

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Massive reward all players who made it into any of the 1,2 or3 tiers of your broken leaderboards all 3 masks please, you would make everyone happy and then fix the leaderboards and rethink on how to do this. I timed my Monday session at 6:10PST at 6:10 I completed the Time Square Power Relay mission on legendary with a set of randoms and we finished it all the way through, I finished right at 6:10 on Monday PST time. At that time I was rewarded 1500 GE tokens as well as some from the bosses. At 6:10 i went right into farming Lexington Event Center on Challenging. I was able to run through that mission at least 5 or 6 times giving me 750 each time. Netting me a total of at least 5300-5400 GE tokens including the small amount you get from bosses. When I check the leaderboards I am only at 3940 when I really should have at least 5500 or more in GE tokens, this is insane and I want my proper reward, I should have been in at least tier 2 on the current leaderboards if they took my correct GE token I earned across 6:00pm on Monday. I know for fact I made more then 3940 I know for fact! I have over 530+ hours in this game and put at least 15 hours in GE tokens so I could be at least part of tier 2 and get the CBRN Mask. I hate this gas mask addition it looks horrible, please credit my account with the CBRN mask that I deserve. Massive please do the right thing and reward all three masks to all players who at least made it to tier 1 or above because your leaderboards are trash and they are not recording the correct information at all. I know for fact I made more GE token in an hour then 3920 I know for fact I did! This is completely ridiculous, Massive fix this now and reward anyone that made it to the lowest tier with all the masks and then figure out a better way to reward these. If you all don't reward at least the people that made it to tier 1 or tier 3 whatever is lower then reward those players with all three masks since you totally screwed the leaderboards because I know my numbers are way off! PLEASE FIX THIS MASSIVE AND REWARD ALL PLAYERS WHO MADE IT TO ANY TIERS ALL MASKS. THANK YOU!

For me this solution is a little bit too extreme. They should set proper percentages (meaning the ones they said that had been set: 10/30/85% of total players participating in event depending on the platform). Especially because tier rewards are not only masks but also outfits and weapon skins (for me they are much more attractive than masks), as well as CS gear set caches. Don't be too greedy we should first and foremost demand restoring said percentages and award accordingly.

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 11:14 PM
Also, for tomorrow's SOTG I would like to know Massive's opinion on exploits and if they are counted by them as such or are they allowed and legit ways of generating score. I mean here: preparing missions beforehand and jcollecting in 1 hour; preparing missions and jumping between friend's instances to collect even more of prepared missons; opening caches from DLC activities. I can understand why this is considered by people as not exploiting (although I think it is) that's why I would like to know Massive's official stand so that there won't be confusion in the future.

On a side note I want to point out that If aim is to make people play game in new way and bring some fresh air into it Tokens should be awarded only for activities on the playlist. Alternatively activities outside the playlist should have their token awards halved. Otherwise it will always be Amherst, Hudson/Lexington and CS farm no matter the modifier (it was already proved by this event).

RHD_Nomad
08-31-2017, 07:05 AM
So when are we going to get the masks that we were promised to get literally a week ago? Its getting a bit annoying to wait for something that doesn't even take time to do -_-

Steve1Rogers
08-31-2017, 08:04 AM
So when are we going to get the masks that we were promised to get literally a week ago? Its getting a bit annoying to wait for something that doesn't even take time to do -_-

xXTohkaXx
08-31-2017, 01:52 PM
Hey, i do not understand why you say/call "opening caches from DLC activities" as exploiting.. So if its DLC it is also game content right.. It was to shown as info, they talked about on stream! You can open cages to earn event points...

So i do not understand cuz the meaning of exploiting : "In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers. Exploits have been classified as a form of cheating; however, the precise determination of what is or is not considered an exploit can be controversial. This debate stems from a number of factors but typically involves the argument that the issues are part of the game and require no changes or external programs to take advantage of them." Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploits

So just.. You say: cuz I was smart enough, to play 50 + rounds of Last Stand to farm cages to bring me a little boost cuz I did not have any team for god like timing run. I managed to get me solo T3 and this by "Cheating" cuz using the way Massive/developer have showed me?!

At this point i remember you called me idiot cuz i sayd.. there was an easy legit way to get solo T3. :(

xXTohkaXx
08-31-2017, 01:54 PM
Hi, you can get the mask since Even is over.. You get it from Gift Vendor in your base! at the main entry :D Have fun!

xXTohkaXx
08-31-2017, 01:56 PM
Hi,

you can get the mask since Even is over.. You get it from Gift Vendor in your base! at the main entry Have fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV11MO0RvOo