PDA

View Full Version : Submit Your Questions to our ACO History-Themed Dev Q&A!

Ubi-Banshee
08-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Hey Assassins!

We’re going to be doing our second Assassin’s Creed Origins Developer Q&A video, this time with Ubi historian Maxime Durand!

We’ve released a couple trailers at Gamescom that delve deeper into the era that Origins’ will be taking place in, so if you have any questions regarding the historical context of the game – write them below and we’ll gather up our favorites to put in the next video!

strigoi1958
08-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Shouldn't this sticky be in the Origins forum?

cawatrooper9
08-24-2017, 10:33 PM
Hey! I'll post my question both, just in case-

"Obviously, the Templars have been loosely based on the Knights Templar, with certain representations of them in various eras taking on attributes of other groups (such as the Freemasons). Do these mysterious masked men we've seen in the trailers have any specific historical inspiration, or are they more of a prequel to the Templars as we know them so far?"

Fabulator_K
08-25-2017, 12:54 AM
Is there anything that you can tell us about "The Order" in the next Q&A videos? Thanks.

Commander0918
08-25-2017, 06:29 PM
How will the first civilization fit into the story

Moultonborough
08-26-2017, 03:32 AM
How much historical documention did you use to create Memphis and Alexandria?

Sorrosyss
08-26-2017, 04:55 PM
I'd like to know how much Maxime knows about Greece. Just.... out of curiosity. :p

SHADOWGARVIN
08-26-2017, 06:04 PM
What was the most important book that you used?

SixKeys
08-27-2017, 12:17 PM
How did you choose the names used for the game's original (non-historical) characters, like Bayek and Aya? Were these common names in this time period or do they have special meaning?

jdowny
08-27-2017, 11:19 PM
Where did you draw your inspiration from for the structures that no longer exists - the walls, temples and houses of Ancient Egypt?

cawatrooper9
08-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Thanks for doing this!

Do you know when the interview will be posted? Looking forward to it! :D

RVSage
08-29-2017, 10:55 PM
Hope I am not late, Were the target names like Lizard, Crocodile chosen , to give a nod to egyptian way of portraying gods, as a tie in to animals?

crusader_prophet
08-30-2017, 01:57 PM
Can I pass my history exam after playing Assassin's Creed Origins?

cawatrooper9
08-30-2017, 03:13 PM
Another thought-
Like the Statue of Liberty in the Belle Epoch rift of Unity, were there any elements anachronistic to this period that were added to the game, or that you wanted to add to the game?

Gokusonone
09-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Have you ever consider doing a next Assasins creed Rouge like game but with these concepts? https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-would-you-like-to-an-ac-spin-off-game-about-haytham-kenway Thanks.

Xangr8
09-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Considering the data you had to work with, what degree of creative liberties did you have to take to fill in the gaps?

Samurai587
09-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Hope I'm not late:

1) Why are Romans depicted with only spears instead of carrying Marian type shields?
2) With massive battles, is there a case we will get to participate in the Siege of Alexandria?
3) Again with massive battles, will we see Ptolemic Phalanxes fighting against Rome?
4) Are there Roman Legionaires in this game that use Marian style equiqment and helmet?
5) Will we see Mark Anthony?
6) Have historical liberties being taken with the depiction of the Ptolemic Army?
7) Same question goes to the Romans as well.
8) Can we fight in massive battles unscripted or are they part of the narrative?
9) With massive battles, will we see formations of the Romans walking and fighting instead of one on one? I am specifically referring to the Total War series in this regard. Can we fight in unique formations? Can Bayek go underneath a Roman testudo in a massive battle? Will we actually see Ptolemic Phalanxes fighting against each other? How much participation can we get?
10) Will we see Celtic/Galation mercenaries in the game?
11) Will we see Gladiator(as that was the only film that showed Roman Legionnaires in an authentic context, Total War has that as well) style Marian Legionnaires, instead of them holding spears and no shields in the power game trailer at 1:13?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_J8QXmIcy4&t=35s
12) With massive battles, can we go into their camps before it starts and perform the usual AC stuff?

JustinMacri
09-11-2017, 02:32 AM
i would like the game to be so awesome.

Pharaoh1974
09-14-2017, 03:44 PM
Probably i'm late, but anyway thanks for this thread Banshee.

We will able to participate on the naval Battle of Actium?

Moultonborough
09-20-2017, 08:02 PM
Does anyone know when it will be posted? It's been quite a while.

PertTie772
09-23-2017, 08:09 AM
Shouldn't it be Macedonians and not Romans who conquered Egypt given the time period?
This would mean and open up the possibility of exploring the rule of Alexander the Great during the game as we travel around the empires.