PDA

View Full Version : Finally finished with this game.

JordanGed
08-22-2017, 03:10 PM
I've been playing this game since the closed beta. Thought the concept was great and was really hoping and confident that it was gonna be something totally new, interesting and highly replayable.

2 broken controllers and a broken LG 3D TV say otherwise.

I never get game-rage anywhere near as bad as I do when I play this. I don't know what it is about it. Perhaps it's all of the insane combinations, insanely and unnecessary complicated mechanics and move sets, or perhaps all of the broken core elements of the game itself, I dunno.

I've gave this game shot after shot at improving upon what I thought was going to be a really solid foundation, but it just hasn't.
I've literally just finished playing my one, only and last game of For Honour after trying my hand at season 3, to see if the game had improved any. It hasn't. In fact, it's so much worse than I could imagine.

This is NOT a game which you can pick up and play. You need to practise and master just about every single characters entire move sets before you have a chance of succeeding.

WHO THE **** WANTS TO DO THAT?!

This is supposed to be a game, not a technical exam. It feels more like an intensive driving test than an enjoyable game that you throw on for a bit of downtime.

Why are developers these days constantly trying to make games THIS competitive?

The games which will always stand out above all others are the ones which have great story telling paired with simple and enjoyable mechanics. Not this absolute nonsensical, complicated mess.

The simple fact that there is a forum filled with over 10,000 threads which are complaining about the game in some way or another should tell you something. People clearly care greatly for the initial vision and concept, but the disgustingly poor execution has left the community with a cold and disappointed feeling of regret.

After playing one game of season game, I simply said to myself

"This game is ****e."

And uninstalled it. I'm done.

P.S. Audio Engineers, sound designers and/or rerecording mixers; during the loading screen just before the game starts, the big war drums have incredibly obvious phasing issues.

If you can't even get that right, why have you decided to release a AAA title? Seriously?

Stahlrusse
08-22-2017, 03:19 PM
I feel that game mechanics are rather simple and not too complicated (I never really played fighting games). In order to "git gud" you have to invest time, everywhere.

Charmzzz
08-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Ok, so you like the Casual Games. That's fine, go ahead and pick one out of the millions that are available. But please, let the "Hardcore" and "Competitive" Gamers have their picks, too, without yelling "I am not willing to learn the mechanics but I want to beat people!". That is just ridiculous. For Honor is a fighting game. Fighting games tend to be more competitive and mechanic-reliant than the usual WoW Clone or Racing game. Sucks for you I guess.

There are alot of Noobs and generally "bad" players in the game, so when the Matchmaker will finally get some more improvements and the player base is big enough, you would have a good time too. Maybe it is too late for this to happen, but still, your statement "Why are developers these days constantly trying to make games THIS competitive? " is wrong on so many levels. I wish it actually WOULD be like that because I love to beat people and improve when I meet someone better than me. That's my personal intention when I play online games. Always went for a Top 10% Ranking in every competitive game I have played (AQ2, Q3 CPMA, LoL, OW) and mostly I got there.

I do not say "filthy casual" to you because I do not think like that. But you yell "fckin hardcore gamer", probably "no lifer" at me. At least it feels like that in your post.

rastassin
08-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Ok bye. This kind of statements totally unnecessary. I don't understand why people are doing it. Who cares? Just leave.

DoctorMcBatman
08-22-2017, 03:59 PM
2 broken controllers and a broken LG 3D TV say otherwise..

Wait, what? lol

Shakti.
08-22-2017, 04:07 PM
I've been playing this game since the closed beta. Thought the concept was great and was really hoping and confident that it was gonna be something totally new, interesting and highly replayable.

2 broken controllers and a broken LG 3D TV say otherwise.

I feel you man. You made me laugh so much because I understand the feeling.

JordanGed
08-22-2017, 04:10 PM
But please, let the "Hardcore" and "Competitive" Gamers have their picks, too, without yelling "I am not willing to learn the mechanics but I want to beat people!". That is just ridiculous

Man, I played this game up until the first sorta quarter of season 2 SOLID because I wanted to give it a shot and quickly realised there was a steep learning curve. I'm really good at the EA UFC games and they too had a similar learning curve so I thought it'd probably be much the same. It wasn't. I really wanted the game to be good and I was good with a few of the characters. But do you honestly start up the game and think? Aw yeah this is gonna be fun, can't wait to play! Or are you thinking that you HAVE to achieve goals, be the best and win all the time otherwise it's not worth it!!

If it's the latter, then ok fair enough, you're competitive and that's cool, I am too. But what do you actually get from the game? Do you feel content or frustrated when you don't win?

Games are an entertainment-based medium. If you're not entertained while playing, what the hell is the point?

DoctorMcBatman
08-22-2017, 04:11 PM

Broken controllers/mice I understand. But taking it out the TV... not cool :(

JordanGed
08-22-2017, 04:13 PM

Exactly! Trust me when I say I never get rage to the point of breaking my possessions, I normally just switch the game off. But in this case it was when the season 2 characters came out and I couldn't even get a chance, yet had been a very competent player until this point. Got so frustrated that I threw the controller away to my right side, where I'd forgotten my old TV was sat and smashed the screen right down the centre. Was absolutely gutted and so annoyed. Didn't play the game again until today, and had much of the same emotions. So I uninstalled the game right there and then.

JordanGed
08-22-2017, 04:14 PM
Broken controllers/mice I understand. But taking it out the TV... not cool :(

Read my reply, you may understand what happened more clearly 😊

DoctorMcBatman
08-22-2017, 04:23 PM
Read my reply, you may understand what happened more clearly 

Ah, old TV. All good. May as well take that thing outside with some golf clubs and baseball bats.

JordanGed
08-22-2017, 04:28 PM
Ah, old TV. All good. May as well take that thing outside with some golf clubs and baseball bats.

Plus, total accident. Wouldn't never break anything like that on purpose.

DrinkinMyStella
08-22-2017, 05:13 PM
I have broken 3 controllers and my cabinet and my fan but yet I still find my way back to this game.

JordanGed
08-22-2017, 05:29 PM
I have broken 3 controllers and my cabinet and my fan but yet I still find my way back to this game.

Feel for ya. Get rid of it before it takes more haha

DoctorMcBatman
08-22-2017, 05:31 PM
I think we need a separate thread that chronicles all of the game-related destruction we've done in real life. Maybe invoice Ubisoft?

DaLast_Samurai
08-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Ok, so you like the Casual Games. That's fine, go ahead and pick one out of the millions that are available. But please, let the "Hardcore" and "Competitive" Gamers have their picks, too, without yelling "I am not willing to learn the mechanics but I want to beat people!". That is just ridiculous. For Honor is a fighting game. Fighting games tend to be more competitive and mechanic-reliant than the usual WoW Clone or Racing game. Sucks for you I guess.

There are alot of Noobs and generally "bad" players in the game, so when the Matchmaker will finally get some more improvements and the player base is big enough, you would have a good time too. Maybe it is too late for this to happen, but still, your statement "Why are developers these days constantly trying to make games THIS competitive? " is wrong on so many levels. I wish it actually WOULD be like that because I love to beat people and improve when I meet someone better than me. That's my personal intention when I play online games. Always went for a Top 10% Ranking in every competitive game I have played (AQ2, Q3 CPMA, LoL, OW) and mostly I got there.

I do not say "filthy casual" to you because I do not think like that. But you yell "fckin hardcore gamer", probably "no lifer" at me. At least it feels like that in your post.

Couldn't have been a better reply to this than this above qoute.
Before I got on this game I even watched YouTube videos about how "if you are just looking for casual gaming to pick and play, than For Honor will probably greatly disappoint you. This is not a game you can just pick up and expect to button mash your way to success".

And that peaked my interest, as I thought back to the last time I was really addicted to a video game hardcore...
It was way back on PS2, a little game called Socom.
The Call of Duty spray and pray generation would have hated it.
I got my butt kicked for the first 6 months I played that thing, but it was still addicting as hell.

Then I only got stronger and stronger.
I pretty much expected the same concept from this game, and I sure couldn't do much the first three or four days of PLAYING TIME I put into this game.
But I was still addicted as hell.

Games without this much diverse mechanics and high level of competition are what end up boring me faster than anything.
These mechanics make me feel like I'm actually out there on the battle field wielding a sword myself.
And I can play this game for hours and hours and hours on end.

In fact, I have today and tomorrow off work and I'm writing you right now on one of my many mini-breaks in a current on going 24 hour plus marathon.

I have many hopes that this game will thrive and improve, and grow in players base.
At least we are seeing many new players on PS4.

But I don't hope for them to water down the complexity of the mechanics or cater to the more casual gamer at all.
So like the man I quoted above said so well...
Then go find a more casual game to enjoy.

Those of us that love the complexity and competition will stay here, but don't ask them to water this game down for you because you don't have the time, will, or motivation for a game of this magnitude...
because then I will be the one writing a goodbye letter letting all you casual gamers know how bored and disappointed I am that this game became a button mash arcade swing and pray contest.

Thanks.

Linnix1
08-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Compared to other fighting games you don't need to put nearly as half as much lab time in for honor. Hell most fighters have you spend 3 hours on just your fighter learning there routes and moves.

Sneaky-Patches
08-22-2017, 07:47 PM
Games having issues not because it's complicated, but because it's not balanced, it's buggy, semi-unreactable on console and full of exploits.

Also, games aren't immediately good games because they are casual. Gamers have been universally crying out that many devs are dumbing down their games so an absolute moron could play. Hence why DICEs Battlefront 1 was basically abandoned by millions upon millions of players immediately after launch. Casual and overly simplistic games makes winning and playing for many of us totally unrewarding. How long could you honestly play Rock Paper Scissors with your friend until you just stopped? That's how tons of us feel in today's marketplace of games. Press A for cutscene, press L1 to bloc and R1 to attac..

Games like bloodborne, dark souls and others that are hard games have done extremely well because a lot of people want a challenge. Sure some people just want to sit down and play checkers, but others want to sit down and play chess.

If you want to play checkers, and pick up a sword fighting game that requires no skill, no thought, no challenge, just a hand holding walk through a pre crafted narrative while you button mash R2, then cool.... there are literally a billion games for you out there, from skyrim, to witcher series (I'd recommend), and all the others...

But it's so seldom someone makes a game with real depth, especially big development studios that like to play it safe. This game obviously isn't what you are looking for. If your getting so angry that your breaking all you stuff, then I think as you said, a more narrative driven game might be more for you. But please don't try ruin our fun by grilling the devs for making a game that we want for once. Behind all its problems, (which seem to be endless) this game is the second coming of Christ.

High-Horse
08-22-2017, 08:01 PM
This is NOT a game which you can pick up and play. You need to practise and master just about every single characters entire move sets before you have a chance of succeeding.

WHO THE **** WANTS TO DO THAT?!

Me.

I like the challenge and complexity (by fighting game standards, this one seems pretty simple). I like that I can't just pick it up, discovering new ways to deal with things, that investing time shows a noticeable improvement. There's real enjoyment in winning a fight because you feel like you have good control and awareness of what's happening and what other players are doing.

I also like that other new players also can't just pick it up and do well, that they also need to invest time, and knowing the people you play with are also studying and practicing. It means you have to keep doing the same to get better.

Polskamercanski
08-22-2017, 08:42 PM
If you lose your ego as in Buddhism, and not be afraid to die in the game several times (it doesn't effect your play except stats at first), relax and not panic in the face of foes, one can calmly press the appropriate keys/buttons and achieve victories in short order.

JordanGed
08-22-2017, 09:02 PM
Couldn't have been a better reply to this than this above qoute.
Before I got on this game I even watched YouTube videos about how "if you are just looking for casual gaming to pick and play, than For Honor will probably greatly disappoint you. This is not a game you can just pick up and expect to button mash your way to success".

And that peaked my interest, as I thought back to the last time I was really addicted to a video game hardcore...
It was way back on PS2, a little game called Socom.
The Call of Duty spray and pray generation would have hated it.
I got my butt kicked for the first 6 months I played that thing, but it was still addicting as hell.

Then I only got stronger and stronger.
I pretty much expected the same concept from this game, and I sure couldn't do much the first three or four days of PLAYING TIME I put into this game.
But I was still addicted as hell.

Games without this much diverse mechanics and high level of competition are what end up boring me faster than anything.
These mechanics make me feel like I'm actually out there on the battle field wielding a sword myself.
And I can play this game for hours and hours and hours on end.

In fact, I have today and tomorrow off work and I'm writing you right now on one of my many mini-breaks in a current on going 24 hour plus marathon.

I have many hopes that this game will thrive and improve, and grow in players base.
At least we are seeing many new players on PS4.

But I don't hope for them to water down the complexity of the mechanics or cater to the more casual gamer at all.
So like the man I quoted above said so well...
Then go find a more casual game to enjoy.

Those of us that love the complexity and competition will stay here, but don't ask them to water this game down for you because you don't have the time, will, or motivation for a game of this magnitude...
because then I will be the one writing a goodbye letter letting all you casual gamers know how bored and disappointed I am that this game became a button mash arcade swing and pray contest.

Thanks.

I think you (and others) in this thread have gotten the wrong idea.

I played the living **** out of this game for months, like I said, I'd been playing since the closed beta. Learned quite a few characters moved sets and (I failed to mention) that I've 94% completed the game, trophy-wise.

Now I've calmed down a bit, I can probably explain why I really dislike the game a bit better.

1. Each new character that is added, comes with an entirely new move set to learn. Not only offensively, but defensively. After not playing the game for about half a season, you're pretty much left dead in the water as far as skill goes as you've missed out on so much. This makes picking the game back up unattractive, especially after being left with such a bad taste in my mouth with all the bugs and constant changes to characters to try and satisfy everyone.

2. I remember watching the first E3 reveal of For Honour and thinking "holy ****! A online sword fighting game! This looks amazing!"

But when the game launched, it was FILLED with

A) character-specific and complicated button combinations (fine I can and did deal with that.)
B) Horribly bad/non existent servers and constant connection issues.
C) So, so, so many game exploits
D) Devs felt the need to show off that players can fall off cliff sides, so put them EVERYWHERE
E) Underwhelming upgrade/crafting system
F) A Faction war which makes no real sense really

I can go on and on.

Point is, what was shown to be a really cool medevil-style combat game, is now an underwhelmingly complicated medevil streetfighter with no focus on story (WHY?!) and is rather repetitive in all honesty.

There are so many roads it could've went down, yet it seems to have chosen a lot of the wrong paths.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to see a run-stab (?) type game. But it's strayed so far from what COULD have been an amazing game, to a game that'll most certainly be forgotten. If by some chance it is remembered, it'll be remembered in a negative light, as the game with so much potential, but was plagued with bugs.

High-Horse
08-22-2017, 09:26 PM

I played the living **** out of this game for months, like I said, I'd been playing since the closed beta. Learned quite a few characters moved sets and (I failed to mention) that I've 94% completed the game, trophy-wise.

Now I've calmed down a bit, I can probably explain why I really dislike the game a bit better.

1. Each new character that is added, comes with an entirely new move set to learn. Not only offensively, but defensively. After not playing the game for about half a season, you're pretty much left dead in the water as far as skill goes as you've missed out on so much. This makes picking the game back up unattractive, especially after being left with such a bad taste in my mouth with all the bugs and constant changes to characters to try and satisfy everyone.

2. I remember watching the first E3 reveal of For Honour and thinking "holy ****! A online sword fighting game! This looks amazing!"

A) character-specific and complicated button combinations (fine I can and did deal with that.)
D) Devs felt the need to show off that players can fall off cliff sides, so put them EVERYWHERE

I can go on and on.

Point is, what was shown to be a really cool medevil-style combat game, is now an underwhelmingly complicated medevil streetfighter with no focus on story (WHY?!) and is rather repetitive in all honesty.

There are so many roads it could've went down, yet it seems to have chosen a lot of the wrong paths.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to see a run-stab (?) type game. But it's strayed so far from what COULD have been an amazing game, to a game that'll most certainly be forgotten. If by some chance it is remembered, it'll be remembered in a negative light, as the game with so much potential, but was plagued with bugs.

No offense, but why do you feel like you should be able to come back from a break and do just as well as someone who's invested more time and practice while you were away? I understand taking a break because a game becomes stale and repetitive, but if anything, new content and heroes/movesets, buffs/nerfs are the sort of things that make me want to come back and catchup on what I've missed. Though learning all the in's and out's is something I like to do to begin with.

What I do like about this game is that it's possible for someone like me with 9 total reps under my belt since Feb without a ton of time to practice to still be able to do well vs someone at rep 30+ so long as I keep practicing and pay attention to my mistakes. I see so many players ingame chalk up their losses to bugs or unfair mechanics when really, they just need to pay more attention to themselves. The saltiness in this game alone can be a huge factor in turning people off to putting the time to get better.

SlashingElbow
08-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Lol dont slam the door when u leave then.. So What kind of easy **** game u want to play? I want to get challenged and need to think and react a little. Some of you chumps just want a easy buttonmashing game.. Go play Ryse son of rome instead then

Mythic MK II
08-22-2017, 10:27 PM
I can understand that this game induces rage at times. Hell I have had that as well on maany occassions. This might not be the game for you then (why even post it though, just quit)

Now, 2 broken contrrollers and a tv? You need to learn how to control yourself ASAP.
I get rage moments where I want to break everything I own to release stress but I know how to control myself by thinking of the concequences of my actions if I do such a thing. If I break my monitor, I won't have money to buy a new one, not even an controller.

I see many people say they break things because of a game and all I can think of is... How can you talk about that as if that is a normal reaction?

S0Mi_xD
08-22-2017, 10:57 PM
JordanGed,

i am sorry to sound like a jerk, even if i understand the core of your frustration.
But all of your statements in here are ... to say it friendly... ridiculous.

1. At first i wanna say:
For Honor is quite easy compared to actual fighters(especially in competetive), in terms of mechanics.
Just as an example: Soul Calibur 5 (the last fighter i played excessively)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM29kRPin6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8w_OYIxhlw

Those videos show the "Just Guard" and the "Ukemi" (also techroll), those are BASIC mechanics (only two out of maaaany others)
You need to know your enemy to punish their attack or to avoid them/defend yourself against them.

I played mainly Ivy (no not because of boobs - i love the snakesword style ... boobs are also not bad :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_IkGyyh3ZQ
This is only her moveset with some combos - other combos you need to find out yourself.

2. If you are really playing since closed beta, then you should have already known there, that you can't just go into the game and mash some buttons (if you are so experienced like you claime, you should know this all) - - - no, since the moment you saw that it is an ONLINE game AGAINST other player, you should have expected, that it wouldn't be a simple hack and slay like dynasty warriors.

3. If you don't want to learn to play a game, go watch a film.

Srsly, you complain about this game, but at the same time you say you don't want to put effort into it.

Even simpler than this, a "simple" chess game - you need to learn the rules, you need to learn the possible turns/strategies, you need to observe your enemy.

It's not the fault of the game - it is only your fault.
I have no more words for such a nonsense...

DaLast_Samurai
08-23-2017, 12:12 AM
Games having issues not because it's complicated, but because it's not balanced, it's buggy, semi-unreactable on console and full of exploits.

Also, games aren't immediately good games because they are casual. Gamers have been universally crying out that many devs are dumbing down their games so an absolute moron could play. Hence why DICEs Battlefront 1 was basically abandoned by millions upon millions of players immediately after launch. Casual and overly simplistic games makes winning and playing for many of us totally unrewarding. How long could you honestly play Rock Paper Scissors with your friend until you just stopped? That's how tons of us feel in today's marketplace of games. Press A for cutscene, press L1 to bloc and R1 to attac..

Games like bloodborne, dark souls and others that are hard games have done extremely well because a lot of people want a challenge. Sure some people just want to sit down and play checkers, but others want to sit down and play chess.

If you want to play checkers, and pick up a sword fighting game that requires no skill, no thought, no challenge, just a hand holding walk through a pre crafted narrative while you button mash R2, then cool.... there are literally a billion games for you out there, from skyrim, to witcher series (I'd recommend), and all the others...

But it's so seldom someone makes a game with real depth, especially big development studios that like to play it safe. This game obviously isn't what you are looking for. If your getting so angry that your breaking all you stuff, then I think as you said, a more narrative driven game might be more for you. But please don't try ruin our fun by grilling the devs for making a game that we want for once. Behind all its problems, (which seem to be endless) this game is the second coming of Christ.

I was wrong, someone did say it better ^
Love the last sentence, lol, both true and true.
I hope to see these problems cut down and down over time, and this game grow and prosper for quite a few years.
I can't get enough.

UbiJurassic
08-23-2017, 12:43 AM
Sorry to hear about your frustrations with the game. For Honor definitely takes time to master both the basics and the in's and out's of each hero. To help players better understand how each hero plays, we have basic and advanced videos that will show you how to use your hero of choice on the battlefield. I'd definitely encourage you to take the time to watch these videos and practice the moves.

RoosterIlluzion
08-23-2017, 02:07 AM
It's not complicated at all. Mortal Kombat 1 was more complicated than this game.

JordanGed
08-23-2017, 02:10 AM
JordanGed,

i am sorry to sound like a jerk, even if i understand the core of your frustration.
But all of your statements in here are ... to say it friendly... ridiculous.

1. At first i wanna say:
For Honor is quite easy compared to actual fighters(especially in competetive), in terms of mechanics.
Just as an example: Soul Calibur 5 (the last fighter i played excessively)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM29kRPin6g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8w_OYIxhlw

Those videos show the "Just Guard" and the "Ukemi" (also techroll), those are BASIC mechanics (only two out of maaaany others)
You need to know your enemy to punish their attack or to avoid them/defend yourself against them.

I played mainly Ivy (no not because of boobs - i love the snakesword style ... boobs are also not bad :D)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_IkGyyh3ZQ
This is only her moveset with some combos - other combos you need to find out yourself.

2. If you are really playing since closed beta, then you should have already known there, that you can't just go into the game and mash some buttons (if you are so experienced like you claime, you should know this all) - - - no, since the moment you saw that it is an ONLINE game AGAINST other player, you should have expected, that it wouldn't be a simple hack and slay like dynasty warriors.

3. If you don't want to learn to play a game, go watch a film.

Srsly, you complain about this game, but at the same time you say you don't want to put effort into it.

Even simpler than this, a "simple" chess game - you need to learn the rules, you need to learn the possible turns/strategies, you need to observe your enemy.

It's not the fault of the game - it is only your fault.
I have no more words for such a nonsense...

Once again, my point is missed completely. It's possible I'm not explaining myself well enough.

I have played the **** out of this game. I have multiple characters leveled up highly.

During season 1, it wasn't uncommon for me to be top of the table and getting 20+ kills in dominion. Now? It's just so ****ing difficult to get a kill. I liked the game to begin with because of the skill level it took. But I don't expect to have to relearn a game over and over again in order to have ANY chance of getting a single kill.

You might say go and play the campaign then? The single player is really bad and there's no fun in playing against bots.

I'm just really disappointed that the game doesn't have any sort of balance.

At the start, once the game was learned it was easy. Now it's ****ING IMPOSSIBLE due to so many different characters with all their ******** unblockable stamina draining combos (I'm looking at you centurion!)

The only reason I came back for season 3 was because I heard there was a "Scottish" character (I'm Scottish.)

He has a ****ing AMERICAN accent.

Every time I think about the game, there's something that bugs me.

Fair play to everybody who likes the game and plays it, I'm of trying to insult or bash any of you personally. I just think this game could've been SO MUCH MORE than it's dissolved into.

I'll reiterate - there's over 14,000 threads in this section of the forum, most of which are complaints. That MUST tell you that even the people who play the game don't enjoy it!

That cannot be the sign of a good game surely?!

Linnix1
08-23-2017, 02:40 AM
And most complaints constist of still existing exploits, broken move tracking, connection problems, and cent. None are made saying it sucks that all the characters play differently. For Honor has 13 character now. Most fighters have 20+ characters with different moveset to learn and work around. It's not that serious your making a mountain out of a mole hill.

RoosterIlluzion
08-23-2017, 03:47 AM
If he had a Scottish accent, you wouldn't understand him. Well, maybe you would, but all he'd say is "Fooking hell" and "where's da pub?"
Seriously though, if the voices are a major concern, this isn't your game. It really hasn't change that much besides the new characters that do need adjustments, but everybody has to deal with them. If you've played enough and know how to, but all of a sudden you suck, that's just you. Maybe network problems or you're just out of sync.
I know when I play a game and stop for a few month's to play another, it's a strange feeling to pick it up again.

Vakris_One
08-23-2017, 11:05 AM

This is all very common in PvP games. Your skills wain if you don't keep them sharp and you will obviously be a bit rusty if you haven't played for some time. And yes, they add new characters with new moves because otherwise the game will get boring and stale.

I can go on and on.

It is primarily a PvP fighting game, why were you expecting a really deep and compelling story? Yeah, fighting games have repetitive mechanics but that's because they need a certain level of consistency. The entertainment is in the challenge and unpredictability of going up against different opponents.

That's down to personal opinion. Sure, the devs could have made an RPG or a First Person Melee but they wanted to make a fighting/MOBA hybrid and so they did - if you don't like fighting or MOBA games then For Honor isn't for you. The only things the devs should be criticised on are the things that are broken or crappy imo, such as the connection issues, the matchmaking, the exploits, the faction war, etc.

Again, that's a subjective opinion. At the end of the day it seems to me that For Honor just isn't the game for you. Nothing wrong with that. Just accept it and move on to games that you actually like. It'll save you a fortune in controllers, TV and anger management therapy courses :)

Vakris_One
08-23-2017, 11:41 AM
Once again, my point is missed completely. It's possible I'm not explaining myself well enough.

I have played the **** out of this game. I have multiple characters leveled up highly.

During season 1, it wasn't uncommon for me to be top of the table and getting 20+ kills in dominion. Now? It's just so ****ing difficult to get a kill. I liked the game to begin with because of the skill level it took. But I don't expect to have to relearn a game over and over again in order to have ANY chance of getting a single kill.

You might say go and play the campaign then? The single player is really bad and there's no fun in playing against bots.

At the start, once the game was learned it was easy. Now it's ****ING IMPOSSIBLE due to so many different characters with all their ******** unblockable stamina draining combos (I'm looking at you centurion!)

The only reason I came back for season 3 was because I heard there was a "Scottish" character (I'm Scottish.)

Fair play to everybody who likes the game and plays it, I'm of trying to insult or bash any of you personally. I just think this game could've been SO MUCH MORE than it's dissolved into.
Fair enough for stating your own personal gripes, that's fine.

But do you really expect to be able to leave the game for a month or more and then come back and still be as good as you were before? With balance tweaks, mechanical changes, meta developments and other players learning more about the characters than you.

Dude, I have to say; cry me a river :)

I played For Honor since the very first Alpha up until the last Beta. I was a really good Kensei with a K/D ratio of 90.2. I saw the game had severe connection problems though and there was no way it was worth full price if it shipped with those problems. Alas, the game released with those problems and it was a dumpster fire so I didn't buy it even though I really wanted to and I was really damn good at the game.

I only bought the game in May this year and dived in with my Kensei and I got destroyed repeatedly. My previous skills didn't count for ****. I kept getting matched with rep 40+ vets who parried everything I did. Then I met the Shinobi .... then I met the Centurion............... Holy crap! Time to refund this piece of steaming crap I just bought!!!

After I was done having my little drama Lama moment I stepped back in. I researched all the changes that had occurred in the game and I read up on the new characters. I watched lots of videos on the defensive meta and a ton of character guides, tips, advanced guides, etc. And I got better and better until I could hold my own and start having fun again and start winning - owning people while maining a Kensei is very satisfying :)

And right now I can clearly say that I am a much, much better player than I was back in the betas.

I'll reiterate - there's over 14,000 threads in this section of the forum, most of which are complaints. That MUST tell you that even the people who play the game don't enjoy it!

It doesn't mean they don't enjoy it. It means they want the game to improve. Think about it: why do we complain about something, anything? Because we care enough about that thing to want to see it improved.

Most people that don't enjoy something usually stop doing it. Only a few very select types hang around the forums of a game they hate to just mindlessly b***h and moan and troll for no particular reason other than hating on the devs and attention seeking.

S0Mi_xD
08-23-2017, 12:50 PM

I did get your point from the start, and my opinion stays the same.

It's all about adapting youselfe.
Many changes happened since season 1.
And getting 20+ kills in dominion isn't that easy anymore because...
A: People are getting better every day
B: Casuals who couldn't handle the game or people who just lost their interesst in the game left it.
C: Revenge changed and Gear stats aswell.

Making 10+ kills in a dominion game isn't hard against any class, even if it is abit harder against many people or the unbalanced centurion.

If YOU don't get a kill in dominion, the problem lies on YOU.
Because many other players like me (i am playing Berserker since the beginning) are still able to get 10+ kills in dominion.
Those lines with "new heroes ruin the game" are just cheap excuses.

In the second part, i do agree with you and many others aswell - For Honor has a high potential.
But most people do not complain because the game is unbalanced, most of the time it is about bugs, trolls, people who jump on a "complain train", or just noobs who can't handle the game and give the fault to the game.
And even if people complaining ( i do too) but we still enjoy the game.

Also the main point of my first post is, you need to learn anytime and everywhere to have success - adapting yourself to the situation (Survival of the Fittest)
It doesn't matter if it is in real life or in a game.

T_Sesh
08-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Complaining the game is too complicated...in a game where it takes like 10 minutes tops to get a good grasp of a characters moveset by going into bot training. Broke two controllers and a TV? Good thing you don't play real fighting games then - you might just burn your whole damn house down.