PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking in for Honor

Poenix21
08-22-2017, 12:11 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rY2muISl.png

Well it was a fun Match. Fun for me atleast:rolleyes:

UbiJurassic
08-22-2017, 12:46 AM
We're certainly aware of imbalance in matchmaking and we're looking into better optimizing it for a more level experience. :)

Malyngo
08-22-2017, 07:46 AM
I think the player base just isn't there right now to feed the Matchmaker. For me, it will always go all the way to "All Skill Levels" and "All regions" before finding a match.
On weekends, the experience seems to be better. On weekdays, it is just HORRIBLE.

Maybe it is possible to make the matchmaker less greedy, but in the end it still needs some food.

Specialkha
08-22-2017, 08:15 AM
These issues have been in the game since the release, and yet 5 months later, we have the Community representative saying that they are looking into the problem. 5. MONTHS. LATER.

Ofc the player base is not big enough now, and it will never be. No player wants to play on a game that takes that long to get basic stuff patched.

One easy solution would be a select your hero before starting MM, so at least, you would be matched against ppl with hero with same rep and gear. But they are looking into it, keep up hope, folks!

Malyngo
08-23-2017, 07:36 PM
One question I have about the matchmaker: Why doesn't it scramble teams in between matches if they were very one sided? I have never seen that happening, it just seems to go with its first decision on who should be on which side, and stick with it.

Helnekromancer
08-23-2017, 07:49 PM
One question I have about the matchmaker: Why doesn't it scramble teams in between matches if they were very one sided? I have never seen that happening, it just seems to go with its first decision on who should be on which side, and stick with it.

Yea, this is why I leave after the match is over, either the enemy is a 4 man premade or the game's system doesn't shuffle the teams so if you were on the team full of bad players that you just couldn't carry, guess what if you stay you will be with them again until you leave the lobby.

Malyngo
08-31-2017, 10:17 AM
Just why doesn't it scramble the teams? I just did a few matches, and although it always was a gank fest, I stayed. The setup of the enemy team changed a little due to one or two dropping out. Still, it was always me and someone else against 2 other in the other team. Noone ever switched sides.

I am really reluctant to say this, because people say this about the matchmakers in other games all the time, but - Worst matchmaker, EVER.

Malyngo
08-31-2017, 10:43 PM
Where the matchmaker is also really bad at is at evaluating skill.
Sometimes it tells me everyone is on par, but I am totally outclassed, and sometimes it tells me everyone is on par, and it's really easy.

Malyngo
08-31-2017, 11:39 PM
With all the negativity I am spouting right now, let make me one thing clear: I think this is an AMAZING game. That is also why it is probably so frustrating to me when I have to fight someone that clearly has the hang of the game much better than me. And then I start ranting.