PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Global Event Leaderboard Changes

Ubi-Johan
08-21-2017, 07:24 PM
Agents,

Today we have introduced changes to the global event leaderboards which ensures that more players are eligible to receive the newly introduced face masks as a reward for participating in the ongoing "Outbreak" global event.

Tier 1:
Place in the top 85% to 31% of the community
1 Global Event Classified Cache, 1 Mask

Tier 2:
Place in the top 30% to 11% of the community
2 Global Event Classified Caches, 2 Masks

Tier 3:
Place in the top 10% to 1% of the community
3 Global Event Classified Caches, 3 Masks

Please note that these changes will not be visible until the leaderboards refresh.

See you all on the streets of New York!

/ The Division Dev Team

Dicelz
08-21-2017, 07:48 PM
oh wow great news ... can't wait to see the changes .. thanks

moesuvious
08-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Agents,

Today we have introduced changes to the global event leaderboards which ensures that more players are eligible to receive the newly introduced face masks as a reward for participating in the ongoing "Outbreak" global event.

Please note that these changes will not be visible until tomorrow, when the event has concluded.

See you all on the streets of New York!

/ The Division Dev Team

ok, so we wait for the changes to take place but we also have to wait to know what the changes are until tomorrow? Why not say what has been changed so players can try to accomplish these things tonight and tomorrow? maybe they are posted elsewhere and if so, why not include a link.

Demiz3r
08-21-2017, 09:03 PM
Can you elaborate on those changes?

UbiAmper
08-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Post updated to include the changes.

Demiz3r
08-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Did you double-check the math? You were off by a decimal point with the last leaderboards.

ssr2497
08-21-2017, 09:35 PM
Thank you for the additional information and like another just asked, the math appears to be a decimal off as the top 5% is now only 400 while it could/should be 4000. Will that be corrected as well or could you clarify how the percentages are being applied? Is "the community" defined in a different way than the number of players we see when checking the leaderboards?

On a positive note, all of this bickering would never happen if no one cared about getting the masks, right??? I suppose that's a good thing.

kantouch.
08-21-2017, 09:38 PM
I second the comment on checking the math...

HaZeyy912
08-21-2017, 09:48 PM
I feel like this is unfair to the people that were really grinding. Now tier 1 is going to consist of people that barely ran Napalm legendary one time and will be getting a mask.

Crawbits
08-21-2017, 10:05 PM
I feel like this is unfair to the people that were really grinding. Now tier 1 is going to consist of people that barely ran Napalm legendary one time and will be getting a mask.
Yeah, but, it's only based on one hour of gameplay. Your best hour. And it doesn't matter if you've done 10 hours or 40 hours. Or two.

HerrENGICRAB
08-21-2017, 10:08 PM
please be sure to communicate this outside of the forum aswell. meaning twitter for example as not many are on the forums. reddit already knows

AkatsukiRedMoon
08-21-2017, 10:08 PM
In place of Leaderboards I would prefer just an Assignment. Like Weekly but during Gloval Events.
Like -

X Number Of Missions
X Number of NPC related with Gloval Event Killed.
X Number Items Crafted
X Number of GE Cached Opened

Like commendations but something that everybody can get by just playing and enjoying, not competing. Not mentioning that a lot of people at least on PC is cheating a lot just for the sake to reach the 3 masks.

I would like to see the game keeping some relation with Agents duties, so an assingment sounds better than a leaderboard which is some kind of race between players losing all kind of sense with the idea of the game.

My humble thought for my first comment in the message boards. :p

UbiAmper
08-21-2017, 10:22 PM
The change has been communicated on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/899730631885828097) already, so we're all set!

Remember that this change was under a time crunch as the first event ends soon. We have noted the suggestions you guys have given for the future events, and there's the chance of bringing back Outbreak with more frequency as well. We're still experimenting with our options though.

MIIDNIITE_REDUX
08-21-2017, 10:40 PM
I would second some type of daily/weekly assignment for achieving a mask, and reward more based on if a player goes beyond the required for one mask/cache. For example, 20 Riker Kills During a GE on Severe or Critical Outbreak... but then if they do 40 Riker Kills instead of just the 20, add an extra item to the reward list.

Also, I'm sure others have suggested this, but I would also suggest doing a full week of a Global Event at the beginning of the month, have a week off from the Global Event, then bring it back for that following weekend (Friday with the vendor reset, then it ends that following Tuesday). Or you could just do 2 full weeks, where the first week is a global event, next week is not, third week global event is on, final week it is off. It'll give players more of an opportunity to complete their classified builds also.

iainb78
08-21-2017, 10:52 PM
But what are you doing about the cheaters who are topping the leader boards?

kantouch.
08-21-2017, 11:06 PM
It was tweeted immediately.

Slothenbach.-
08-21-2017, 11:34 PM
After the leaderboard refresh still on the same score of 3.8k

Started with one legendary mission, opened 100 LS caches and did all weekly hvt. Should be round about 15k GEC/h.

If it stays at 3,8k... i dont know. All that grinding for nothing maybe. Deinstalling and moving on then.

RavenousSix
08-21-2017, 11:39 PM
Nice change, but please ban all the aimbotters first before taking the final snapshot. Make sure the cheaters get nothing but time wasted out of this.

I also hope the math is done right and the right people get what they deserve as the math on the current leaderboard is very wrong, a lot of people are in the wrong brackets.

smackachicken
08-21-2017, 11:48 PM
leaderboard was broken anyways

x9fourteenCx
08-21-2017, 11:54 PM
The change has been communicated on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/899730631885828097) already, so we're all set!

Remember that this change was under a time crunch as the first event ends soon. We have noted the suggestions you guys have given for the future events, and there's the chance of bringing back Outbreak with more frequency as well. We're still experimenting with our options though.

Ok so you are going to reward the exploiters and the rest of us average gamers (most of the division population) will get the short end of the stick. Well done.

Why not give everyone who made any tier all three masks and keep the cache reward the same. Massive has openly admitted this was a bad idea. Why not try to do something right for the people who actually play and not exploit. The exploiters are hurting your core group of players and as of now are going to reward them for doing that

WIldcatz_1
08-22-2017, 12:06 AM
Would also like to know what is being done about this. I know you guys at Ubi have enough data to determine what the absolute maximum AVG per hour was and am sure 20k+ is not it. Also not just hackers but cheezing content I'm sure was not the goal of Global Events. Will you be addressing these in future Global Events and ensuring that leaderboards are setup differently (as we've all suggested with tying vanity items etc to commendation or playlist completion) and that hackers/content cheezing is reduced or ideally removed completely ?

C4C-Markus-752
08-22-2017, 01:03 AM
I don't get it... before the reset I was at rank 230/401 with 12792 points in Tier 3.

Now with the "better" ranking I am 403 and therefore Tier 2?

How is this supposed to be better?

Just as many people in Tier 1 and even more glitchers with more than 20K points -.-

curryluvva
08-22-2017, 01:05 AM
Loving the Outbreak Global Event but as a solo player it seems pretty pointless taking part as there's no way a solo player can get a high enough score to win anything! 😔

The way this is currently set up is aimed purely st group players. Why do they get modifiers for group play. The solo player should get mods cos what they are doing is harder when done solo!

RickDekkard
08-22-2017, 01:10 AM
Don't get it, Before this change 5% was position 400, now the 10% is still position 400. And of course, please define "community", there are more than 112000 players participating in the leaderboard, so 1'% is 1 to 11200, not 400.

RickDekkard
08-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Don't get it, Before this change 5% was position 400, now the 10% is still position 400. And of course, please define "community", there are more than 112000 players participating in the leaderboard, so 1'%*** is 1 to 11200, not 400.

***10% (why I cannot find a button to edit my post?)

ntrisley19
08-22-2017, 01:27 AM
I can definitely agree that it feels pointless as a solo player--or even as someone who plays with a partner.

The leaderboards really should have just been reset today rather than given a wider variable. The damage has been done from the people that if not "glitched" but exploited the heck out of the event's parameters.

Hopefully in the future the events have any number of fixes:
a) Static numbers to meet or beat for each tier(no more "chasing the dragon" as it is right now)
b) Masks added to the bosses from the playlist as well as named characters from the faction the event focuses on(Sorretto, Fumes, Belzer, and Erskine would have qualified for this event under my proposal) in addition to the loot boxes from the Tiers.
c) Have the Global Event Credits only drop from the event playlist. Don't put them in PvP, don't put them in anything but the event playlist.

It was a good try for a first time event, but it really missed the mark at getting people involved I felt. It became another exercise in "how to grind best".

II-ShoMi-II
08-22-2017, 01:36 AM
how is this suposed to be fixed ???

i was t3 rank 312 with 12150 points and now im t2 rank 500ish , so how again is thsi fixed how is 400 players 10% of 100K players

how did you fix it if im t2 now but i shouldent been , me and many others bcs again 400 is not 10% of 100k n more players that played this event

please enlight me massive , nice way to f** me over n others on last day who worked hard to cheese they way in t3 (beacuse there was no other way but cheese)

nice way to screw your playerbase that stick with your game eaven tho its broken on so many lvls

realimi
08-22-2017, 01:44 AM
Well, for me it seems that change did not work as intended. There are more than 190,000 players listed on the PS4 leaderboard but only 300 and a bit of them are listed in Tier 3 which is almost the same amount of players as it was before this "patch". Regardless the fact that all of those players listed in Tier 3 do have a ridiculous high score which we all know can't be achieved without mission stacking or glitching 10% of 190,000 would still be 19,000 and not 300.

Frankly, I don't care anymore about that mask. I don't care if I will get one mask or two or nothing.The whole leaderboard thing is a joke!

DogManDan75
08-22-2017, 01:57 AM
Completely junk of a change. No chance of getting a mask based on how the leaderboard scores are calculated based on 1 single best hour of exploiting for credits. As someone with limited time and who pretty much plays this solo it just won't happen. Cumulative scores just like the DZ boards would be better at least I could have a chance at them.

kantouch.
08-22-2017, 02:15 AM
So there are 105,582 people that have earned GE tokens on the PC leaderboards. How is 10% of that 401 players?

Jaesko_goth
08-22-2017, 03:31 AM
So you mean not everyone is getting a mask on tier 3 only half.

gb_hubert
08-22-2017, 03:38 AM
PC

12,942 people that have earned GE tokens on the PC leaderboards. How is 10% of that 401 players?

LastChildx_BNAL
08-22-2017, 03:41 AM
Agreed what about the cheater you ubi ignorant fool?

NagoyaYom
08-22-2017, 04:07 AM
Any news on the GE amounts getting fixed?

My total has been the same for 3 days but I've had an hour run that netted me at least 2000 more GE than I have on the leaderboard?

FlipperKoala101
08-22-2017, 05:03 AM
After the leaderboard refresh still on the same score of 3.8k

Started with one legendary mission, opened 100 LS caches and did all weekly hvt. Should be round about 15k GEC/h.

If it stays at 3,8k... i dont know. All that grinding for nothing maybe. Deinstalling and moving on then.

Not sure if you got it right. You can't do all HVTs in an hour, let alone opening 100 caches after that and doing Legendary mission (as you say).

RUS_leg0
08-22-2017, 06:08 AM
Nothing changed except removal of some players from leaderboards.
Total palyers ranked: 112942
Tier 1: 1298-19700, that is 1.1%-17.4% (not 31%-85%)
Tier 2: 402-1297, that is 0.4%-1.1% (not 11%-30%)
Tier 3: 1-401, that is 0.4% (not 1%-10%)

RushLoongHammer
08-22-2017, 06:12 AM
Are the mission hopping exploits fixed?
Any chance for solo now?
Are all missions viable to run to get a high score?

Not attacking, just curious to what extent the leaderboards were altered.

Demiz3r
08-22-2017, 06:32 AM
You won't see the effects after the event is over. I still think math is wrong. The percentages were off by a decimal prior these changes for the leaderboards. I am not sure if they corrected it. We should defintely check the percentages to make sure its correct.

XXkkingXX
08-22-2017, 06:41 AM
Honestly the sadest part about global events is the way the leaderboards track GE per hour. There are players out there like myself who have put hunders of hours into this event and aren't being rewarded properly b/c massive didn't see players exploiting the leaderboards.

For example, opening up hundreds of Last Stand caches during a new hour period as well as fast traveling from mission to mission after not completing them when a new hour period begins. Also I've read post where players are joining different groups at the end of missions and are being rewarded free GE from friends in order to boost their GE per hour.

I'm not the only player that's questioning how people are receiving these ridiculous high scores like 20,000+ a hour that I can't reach with a properly coordinated team who've done all end game content. I've reached 9k on Clearsky on the ps4 version doing 7 minute runs with speed and efficiency so I know what's possible with great teams

RUS_leg0
08-22-2017, 07:16 AM
You won't see the effects after the event is over.It will be easy to check: I'm at place 740 that should be in Tier 3. So I can just count number of masks this evening :)

Lungshot23
08-22-2017, 07:26 AM
If you've actually ever spent the time to earn one hundred caches, and deconstruct them, you'd know it takes about 18 to 20 hrs to earn them and about 8 min to break them down, and if you had a better understanding of how the credits per hour worked you would know that your hour begins at the end of a mission when you acquire the credits not when you start the mission. And you CAN do the hvt's in about 45 min if you have a good team, so I hate to break it to you but it is totally possible. I'll be honest it really does piss me off that me and others spent the time to figure out the best ways to farm credits and because the rest of you couldn't or wouldn't take the time to do so, it's turned into a freaking T ball game where everyone gets a trophy. It's called competition, and in competition you might get, god forbid, beaten!!! It really does lessen the accomplishment of working hard to get to tier 3. Regardless of how you or I liked the rules, they were the rules, but because of the inevitable whinefest the developers are forced to give out free content to those who didn't earn it. At this point Massive and Ubisoft might as well give everyone 3 masks 3 trophies and pay for everyone's electric bill for this week. Oh yeah and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this dlc FREE?!! Nothing is ever good enough for this community which is sad because this is an awesome game with a lot of cool things that have came along, and yeah it's got its issues but I think the number one problem is the players. You shouldn't get a prize just for logging on the damn game.

Lungshot23
08-22-2017, 07:40 AM
Is the fact that it takes an insane amount of time to acquire the number of caches to accrue that many ge credits lost on you somehow? Why should others essentially be punished because of how you chose to spend your time trying to acquire credits, it makes no sense. I would bet money the guys at the very top figured out a way, without hacking, to earn those credits. But it doesn't matter now, the gods have spoken, the leaderboards are "fixed" and all is well.

NotOxygen
08-22-2017, 08:22 AM
Hi,

The leaderboards have refresehed last night and the changes have not been implemented on PS4 (still only 370 players in Tier 3 on a total of 195.000 players).

- Is it the same on PC ?
- It is planned for next refresh ?

Thanks

alikhafi81
08-22-2017, 08:24 AM
hello in start this game is miracle dropping on earth and we are players from Iraq we want thanking all the division team for a great job that you done specially the last 1.7 update and we have a big request and we hope the division team agree with it and that is extended the globe event time because the time for globe event to short to get high rank in the leader board thanks and bay .

agent :- Ali talib khaki

RUS_leg0
08-22-2017, 08:39 AM
- Is it the same on PC ?
Thanks
Yes. Some top scorers were removed from leaderboard, but general situation is the same (401 players of 112942 in Tier 3).

Ordo_31
08-22-2017, 09:27 AM
Well... meanwhile Im stuck with my leaderboard rank from 4 or 5 days ago and it wont update my stats and I definitely earned more coins yesterday in one hour than my actual rank indicates. Bye bye mask, if I ever had the chance ^^

SevenNVD
08-22-2017, 09:28 AM
They wanted everyone a fair chance to get on the boards, that's why they chose for a GE per hour score.

But anyone that invests 20 hours of LS or Survival can make it to tier 2 or better.

Nice logic.

I'm happy more people get a mask now, but with my score of 8400 points, I'm in the same tier as players with 3800 points.

So Massive, if you read the responses in this thread, please don't act like you solved anything.

My suggestion is to not give out any rewards, but save the data you have, re-calculate all the math, and make sure you do it correct. Then you can start handing out masks.

Neumeusis
08-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Yay !

Seems some people are going to spent a baaaadd morning at Massive...

Good luck guys, you still have a few hours left to fix things !

Vlammenzee
08-22-2017, 09:31 AM
With currently a 110k players on the PC leaderboards, and with the ''fix'' the new tier 1,2 & 3 numbers should be.

Tier 3 = 1-11000 - 10%
Tier 2 = 11001-22000 - 20%
Tier 1 = 22001-60500 - 55%

My math could be of but these should be the new leaderboard tiers for PC.

Trombolio
08-22-2017, 09:42 AM
I think Leaderboard is fine. Stop *****ing and moaning!

Sandman0816
08-22-2017, 09:47 AM
@Lungshot23 i agree.

The increes wasn't needed, so everyone gets a mask for doing just one legendary mission this week...

@Massive, just fix the math, that would be enough and top 5% still would be a lot.
Leaderboard and system is fine, we could argue about open caches, if that's ok or not and make proper rules explanation and proper system from you to count next leaderboard...
Maybe no caches and also no hoping from one session to anothoer, but preparing map, is just clever gamplay for me!

On the other hand, we need maskes (different ones from the top tier in the leaderboard) which are avalible to all players, to grind for! comendation, achivment, radnom drop, premium vendor what so ever.
One complain I understood, "50% of the playbase don't get a mask and never will have a chance"
that's not good, even if it is just a new vanity item (everbody wants because it is new ;)

RedHog81
08-22-2017, 10:01 AM
No they should reward cronus/stiker aimassist cheating noobs on ps4, for fast runs!!! And btw, THEY DID!

RedHog81
08-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Coudnt find edit on phone!

HaZeyy912*said:12 Hours Ago

Bs

Neumeusis
08-22-2017, 10:30 AM
Coudnt find edit on phone!

HaZeyy912*said:12 Hours Ago

Bs

Everybody that invested at least a few hours into the Global Event Activities should receive a reward, even a little one.

Bigger rewards for more invessted players. But not based on Leaderboards. This is unhealthy.

Laucian_Nailor
08-22-2017, 10:52 AM
@Ubi-Johan @UbiAmper

Assuming your post as fact, the PC leaderboard should have refreshed 9 hours ago. At 112.9K scores currently recorded, this means that tier 3 should include up to players ranked 11290, yet it still shows as a cut off at player 820 (821 in now in tier 2). That is actually 0.72% and NOT 10%. What gives?

Personally on a score of 6263 I sit at 4198 in the leaderbord. This is well within the 10% you claim will sit in tier 3 and would also qualify for tier 3 in any event (as stated on SotG as the criteria) if you had got the originally stated 5% cut-off correct. I am in fact sitting in tier 2. Either of you guys able to explain this away?

Slothenbach.-
08-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Not sure if you got it right. You can't do all HVTs in an hour, let alone opening 100 caches after that and doing Legendary mission (as you say).

Started with the legendary mission, so the Hour counts when you get the tokens. Opening the caches costed me 10min and the HVT's around 45min. They were a breeze with 6pc Lonestar.
But doenst matter. The same score as day 1. Something is off there.

master.T00L
08-22-2017, 11:01 AM
Seriously Massive? Get your head straight.

Now I'm Tier 1 with almost the same rank i was tier 2 the day before yesterday. The hole idea with GE Token per hour is totally dumb.
Where is my mask for the commendations? Some of them where a pain in the a... . Did anybody in tier 3 acquired those commendations?
I'm sure they didn't...But they get/got three masks for cheating, or were instructed by the famous youtubers, how to trick the system.

For the next state of the game i want responses...
Will there be a second, and a fairer opportunity to obtain the masks which were given to the tier 2 & 3 "leaderborders" for GE Outbreak?
Will there be other or the same masks for the GE Assault?
Swear you don't use this leaderboard requirement ever again!!!

Fix the tier order! Tier One is supposed to be the best and not Tier three!!!
Why do i still get hurt and staggered by the lmb grenadiers in legendary mode before an impact, although you meant to fixed it (twice by now)
What are your plans to buff the LMGs by default, and not just through Lonestar classified gear?
What can we expect in terms of balancing in the near future?
Do you have the balls to reprove the youtubers who informed about unfair tricks to rank up during the Global Event?

shame on you massive!

Unfortunately I didn't found the state of the game episode, but I hope all of you remember Hamish words, as I say:
Hamish and Yannick, you are fired!

Sk0rp30n7
08-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Even by playing Napalm on Legendary you won't be able to get to tier 3, because it requires over 10.000 GE credits in an hour. That means you'll have to complete that mission 7+ times in just 60 minutes. I'm really wondering how people are getting so many credits... The #1 is on 23.000 now which seems impossible to me, except when you open 200 Last Stand caches all at the same time which takes over 35 hours of playtime to get them all.

Slothenbach.-
08-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Is the fact that it takes an insane amount of time to acquire the number of caches to accrue that many ge credits lost on you somehow? Why should others essentially be punished because of how you chose to spend your time trying to acquire credits, it makes no sense. I would bet money the guys at the very top figured out a way, without hacking, to earn those credits. But it doesn't matter now, the gods have spoken, the leaderboards are "fixed" and all is well.

100 Caches took me from lvl 14 to lvl 31 LS. Ok depends on how you do and stuff. My average score was around 18k +-

Slothenbach.-
08-22-2017, 11:04 AM
Well... meanwhile Im stuck with my leaderboard rank from 4 or 5 days ago and it wont update my stats and I definitely earned more coins yesterday in one hour than my actual rank indicates. Bye bye mask, if I ever had the chance ^^

same here man... i feel you

Slothenbach.-
08-22-2017, 11:12 AM
same here man... i feel you

Ok i take it back, score is now 15.9k

m1crobra1n
08-22-2017, 11:20 AM
I dont care about the mask as it's only a vanity item and in PVP you dont look details of vanity items someone is wearing.
You just dont have that time.

These GE caches should give always a classified item and not like buy 2 caches and get nothing of them.
And then it's the spam of cloves holster and backpacks. I have 2 Lone Star sets and one final measure but deadeye is missing kneepads.
I understand when global event is over you still get GE credit from LZ bosses and missions ?
Would be nice to know when we get tactician, sentry and striker classified's as they were in PTS.

And well i agree with this that leaderboard is bs system and this score per hour. I have limited time after work to play hour or two so i have no chance of getting in tier 2 even.
I have something 7000 points or so i dont remember i looked the leader board and dont remember.

lIlIlIlIllIlll
08-22-2017, 11:21 AM
Funny to see how stupid works GE leaderboard.
Did in 4man squad leaderboard run for 1 hour. All players did same obj nd received same GE credits. But. What we have on leaderboards?
1 - 15.5
And for 3 another boyz new record not count nd they're take <11.5k. Funny GE,best patch ever,thanks ubi <3

Corpcow
08-22-2017, 12:00 PM
Well, since the leaderboards have refreshed since the announcement, let's talk about this.

Tier 1:

Tier 2:
2 Global Event Classified Caches, 2 Masks

Tier 3:
Place in the top 10% to 1% of the community
3 Global Event Classified Caches, 3 Masks

On XB1, there are currently 161,475 players who have participated in the GE. (There's a whole bunch of commentary on the player base but that's another matter).

On the current leaderboard, a total of 90,432 have reached Tier 1 or better... but 85% of 161,475 is 137253.75. As you can see below, the "missing" 46,821 players are all from Tier 2 and Tier 3.

Tier 3 should be the top 10% - or 16,147 players... it's currently 700.
Tier 2 should be about 32,295 players.... it's currently 3,275.
Tier 1 is at least in the right ballpark.

I originally thought maybe this was done on the score itself, or a median ranking, but even those numbers don't work out either. So unless this fix wasn't applied to XB1, it's still broken

(Can we also talk a minute about why these are incrementing tiers? Tier 1 should be the best, Tier 3 should be the lowest).

sh4wnzy
08-22-2017, 01:00 PM
Tactitian wasn't shown in PTS, it was reclairmer.
Sentry, striker and reclairmer will be added in the next Global Event.

Shaddck
08-22-2017, 01:18 PM
So, upon logging in it said that I completed GE in Tier 3 but I only received one mask. What do I do?

Gripbitz
08-22-2017, 01:27 PM
So, upon logging in it said that I completed GE in Tier 3 but I only received one mask. What do I do?

Same here, what gives?

Corpcow
08-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Same here - it says I got a "Small Global Events Cache" but I haven't opened yet.

Demiz3r
08-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Well, since the leaderboards have refreshed since the announcement, let's talk about this.

On XB1, there are currently 161,475 players who have participated in the GE. (There's a whole bunch of commentary on the player base but that's another matter).

On the current leaderboard, a total of 90,432 have reached Tier 1 or better... but 85% of 161,475 is 137253.75. As you can see below, the "missing" 46,821 players are all from Tier 2 and Tier 3.

Tier 3 should be the top 10% - or 16,147 players... it's currently 700.
Tier 2 should be about 32,295 players.... it's currently 3,275.
Tier 1 is at least in the right ballpark.

I originally thought maybe this was done on the score itself, or a median ranking, but even those numbers don't work out either. So unless this fix wasn't applied to XB1, it's still broken

(Can we also talk a minute about why these are incrementing tiers? Tier 1 should be the best, Tier 3 should be the lowest).

I think it was intended that Tier 1 was to be the best. I think they coded it wrong and they was too lazy to change it. So they went with it.

Corpcow
08-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Hey Johan, Hamish, Yannick - can we get an answer to this? I got notified of getting Tier 3 rewards, which based on the math above would be correct (I was around 5k overall) - but I only got a Small Global Event Cache.

It seems like the NOTIFICATIONS got the updated math, but the rewards didn't.

We need answers on this.

VizualNate
08-22-2017, 01:56 PM
Same here - told I completed int Tier 3, but only got small cache...

ntrisley19
08-22-2017, 03:54 PM
They wanted everyone a fair chance to get on the boards, that's why they chose for a GE per hour score.

But anyone that invests 20 hours of LS or Survival can make it to tier 2 or better.

Nice logic.

I'm happy more people get a mask now, but with my score of 8400 points, I'm in the same tier as players with 3800 points.

So Massive, if you read the responses in this thread, please don't act like you solved anything.

My suggestion is to not give out any rewards, but save the data you have, re-calculate all the math, and make sure you do it correct. Then you can start handing out masks.
Putting it bluntly, I think that being able to open caches for LS or Survival and get Global Event credits was a huge mistake. It encouraged stacking and not really actually playing the event itself but rather just going for "the best fit" that you could get.

Arokhantos
08-22-2017, 03:56 PM
Spending hours a day farming only to find out that they change it that requires way less work, do i get more reward in exchange ? nope.......... if this would be change for the next event i be oke with it not for the current event.

Cons72
08-22-2017, 04:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9d7oG4WTyY

KOSOWNS
08-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Loving the Outbreak Global Event but as a solo player it seems pretty pointless taking part as there's no way a solo player can get a high enough score to win anything! 😔

The way this is currently set up is aimed purely st group players. Why do they get modifiers for group play. The solo player should get mods cos what they are doing is harder when done solo!

I would agree it is a bit wonky with this round. But I am a solo player that just ran 70 minutes (timer) of Lexington and I got a mask. I don't think it's that bad to to get a mask. Granted something else happened during that time because I was 125 GE credits higher than I should have been. But I have no idea why.

CptKrackerjack
08-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Come on guys get it together! Face Palm

KOSOWNS
08-22-2017, 04:45 PM

Nice logic.

Yea I agree the split is just crazy. My buddy was almost 3k ahead of me and we are in the same tier. That just doesn't make sense. He worked his butt off to get there. While I did play an insane amount of hours he still worked harder and got the same reward. I would almost say that they need to have either a 5 part criteria to place or they need to add more tier levels so the split isn't so many points.

PSULion84
08-22-2017, 05:10 PM
agree 100%. Survival caches and LS caches should not give credits. If anything give am award for completing the activity (like at mission end) but should not be able to stack

RUS_leg0
08-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Just received 3 masks although was in tier 2 at leaderboards.

AvuNit09
08-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Massive, I worked my butt off to get the three masks and was trying everything I could to make it into the top tier, I woke up this morning and it told me I was in the top tier today and I went to reward vendor to find only a small cache with one mask. This needs to be fixed immediately! My username is: AvuNit09 and I am on PC, please fix this right away and please reward me with the three masks that I am supposed to be having at least give me two for how much work I put into this, I had over 20,000 GE credits, please fix this right now and please reward my account three masks. AvuNit09 - PC

ClamJouster
08-22-2017, 08:15 PM
My friends and I barely moved our fat asses in an effort to score points (all circa 1500) and still got masks.

So yeah, we're not complaining.

Lungshot23
08-22-2017, 09:32 PM
100 Caches took me from lvl 14 to lvl 31 LS. Ok depends on how you do and stuff. My average score was around 18k +-

If this is the case you should have been in the top half of tier 3 if you did your farming right, That's what I did except used survival caches and ended up 35th overall. If you got screwed out of your points, then I am truly sorry for ya cause that would suck major d.

Force_Dragon
08-22-2017, 09:40 PM

you should be more upset that the cheezers are keeping others who busted their *** legit would be lucky still to get Tier 2.

Turbo0201
08-23-2017, 01:33 AM
Beyond pissed! Grinded for days to reach over 7k credits in an hour and my son who only played napalm legendary and 2 Hudson runs gets the same rewards as me??? The Leader board showed I only accumulated a little over 5,000 GEC in an hour which i timed it and i received well over 7k. Complete rip off.

Nyxzy
08-23-2017, 02:31 AM
Tier 3 = Top 10%

Players on the leaderboard in total? 115193

Number of players in Tier 3? 870.

That is one funny looking 10% you guys have got there!

FrankCastle.45
08-23-2017, 02:37 AM
Tier 3 = Top 10%

maybe they mean actual active players. A vast ammount of players were at 01 points and never moved. I actually dont think the leaderboard showed how many players were active and more how many had accounts and logged on in a certain period of time

JTown48
08-23-2017, 02:42 AM
PS4 leaderboards

Tier 3: 848 ........should be 19,737 10%

Tier 2: 3,300 ...........61,185. 30%

Tier 1: 114,447 ......... 167,767. 85%

197,373 players on leaderboard

I get math can be hard but dam that's not even close

F1ackM0nk3y
08-23-2017, 02:48 AM
PS4 leaderboards

It's the decimal place. It can really throw some people ;)

Nyxzy
08-23-2017, 04:19 AM
PS4 leaderboards

You have more players on PS4 than PC, yet you had a smaller Tier 3 than PC?! What ****ing logic are these people using?! We had 115k people on the leader board and 870 in Tier 3, you guys have 197k players yet 848 in Tier 3.. They have really ****ed this up lol.

Nyxzy
08-23-2017, 04:23 AM
maybe they mean actual active players. A vast ammount of players were at 01 points and never moved. I actually dont think the leaderboard showed how many players were active and more how many had accounts and logged on in a certain period of time

Even then buddy, percentages are still way off.

FlipperKoala101
08-23-2017, 04:57 AM
Tier 3 = Top 10%

How about we all Pay Massive 870 and ask for a 10% return? ;)

Demiz3r
08-23-2017, 05:36 AM
PS4 leaderboards

Lmao.

RHD_Nomad
08-23-2017, 06:47 AM
Its really funny, PC leaderboards had 115193 players in total, so some simple math.
Tier 1 - 68,708............ 97,916. 85% of players
Tier 2 - 4,680.............. 34,558. 30% of players
Tier 3 - 870................ 11,519. 10% of players

Its more then clear that the system wasn't just broke, it was even done properly, i mean Ubi seems to want to die seeing they gave away 10k cash to a guy who exploited in For Honor, now they gave hackers and exploiters the reward everyone else wanted. Like seriously look at the math, the only amount they kinda got close to was T1 the rest were off by quite a lot.
I know they keeps saying there are no updates and so on by i remember there being a tuesday stream happening? And last i checked Tuesday was yesterday, no stream or anything to clear this up, but i'm sure we all know that the stream is just them saying it wasn't a good idea, we're looking into alternatives, in the mean time we might launch another global event or some other BS

ExGrunt
08-23-2017, 06:48 AM
You have more players on PS4 than PC, yet you had a smaller Tier 3 than PC?! What ****ing logic are these people using?! We had 115k people on the leader board and 870 in Tier 3, you guys have 197k players yet 848 in Tier 3.. They have really ****ed this up lol.

Giant fail Massive, GO HOME YOUR DRUNK!!!!

GODLICE
08-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Да, та же проблема. Я занял 8565 и получил ДВА засекреченных контейнера и всего одну маску, хотя написано, что 10% получат 3 уровень награды. Даже если я вошел в 30%, я должен был получить маску ВТОРОГО уровня, я же получил ДВА засекреченных контейнера, как писал Ubi-Johan
Tier 1:
Tier 2:
2 Global Event Classified Caches 2 Masks
Прошу решить данную проблему, иначе все будут считать вас недобросовестными. А лучше раздайте 2 маски всем, кто набрал как минимум 5000 ГС\час.
Я конечно понимаю, что те кто пользовался глитчами дабы поднять свой рейтинг вышли за пределы разумного, но простых игроков не стоит игнорировать.
Ник GODLICE платформа PC.

RickDekkard
08-23-2017, 10:51 AM
Why is none at Ubi/Massive answering the community? You said 10% and we get like 0.7%, this is a huge difference between promised and reality. Please tell us if it is intended or what happen with this issue, do not stay in silence.

SevenNVD
08-23-2017, 11:01 AM
I'd like to know if I need to start farming LS caches for the next event already, or will this be addressed?

I mean, GE/hour to entice players with less playtime to have a chance is complete bull in this event, might as well get my hours in to cheese the next leaderboards.

FrankCastle.45
08-23-2017, 11:07 AM
Even then buddy, percentages are still way off.

you could very well be correct dude. But it would be an explanation as to why things have gone to ****.

Personally I busted my *** to get to tier 3. But if they wanna hand all the masks out to everyone Ive zero problems with it.

Nazlani
08-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Why is none at Ubi/Massive answering the community? You said 10% and we get like 0.7%, this is a huge difference between promised and reality. Please tell us if it is intended or what happen with this issue, do not stay in silence.

They don't know what to say after trying t cover it up with feable excuse of notification bug and lying to us with straight faces as proven in this topic: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1730742-Global-Event-Reward-Notification-Issue?p=12865974&viewfull=1#post12865974

It's also funy how Hamish and Yannick are doing nothing, I mean there's not much of a community MANAGING happening right now on their part. I guess they might be busy wraping our rewards in christmas=themed wraping paper and H and Y are preparing apology song.

Steve1Rogers
08-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Ubisoft's math level is only elementary school level

GODLICE
08-23-2017, 12:46 PM
This is another blow to Your image. Do You confine that to just apologize for the inconvenience. For example, I could just play a few missions with critical epidemic, and so would get the gas mask and a secret container. But no, I spent many hours in the game and You wrote that the two masks will receive the first 30% of the players, so I calmed down because the top 10% of players. And YOU is 10% is only less than 400 people. And I got somehow TWO encrypted container and ONE mask. How can this be?!

Demiz3r
08-23-2017, 12:48 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/6vfih4/final_xbox_ge_leaderboard_statistics/

Here are the statistics. You can see that the percentages on all platforms are not adding up. The base calculation of the leaderboards is incorrect.

rmsmx13
08-24-2017, 08:50 PM
A member in our group who only ran in our group received 5500 credits an hour and used no exploits and opened no additional caches and all of us received different GE credits per hour although as stated before we only ran together. This shows that what ever was being done to track these things is broken and the whole leaderboard system is FUBAR. My personal opinion is that the mask should have been a roll on the GE Caches. This eliminates the issue with calculating errors and exploits of a broken system.

aggelos4183
08-25-2017, 03:27 PM
One simple question to the dev if a miss a mask from this GE event there is another way to get or not. In the other GE there will be new mask or the same.

Samsung_White
08-26-2017, 02:54 AM
Before the problem is solved, if there is no compensation mechanism, there is no need to participate in the next event

AUT_ARMY
08-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Hmm i think the 128 000 Points per hour are Impossible
Any plan i got in my mind how to do that dont gives that gain of points (or any Sense ) some of the first ranked on the Leaderboards haves xD
Maybe they hmmpf hmm maybe ... maybe the paid the GOD OF WAR to Instakill the hole Openworld the Trash in the Incursons and the DZ the cartires
Maybe Hamish too ,to get these points and the dogs (are dogs infectet ?)

But 4 the PPL who whining that they aint get the tier 2 mask (tier 3 is ugly sorry ^^ )
Some PPL really but there hole manpower into it how to do the most possible points per hour , and there is a Plan 4 the next event ^^

CLEAR SKY UNDER 5 Minutes ! pick your mates try hard and Harder to speedrun this incurson and youll get your points per hour .
It wasnt Unfair it wasnt something that should get Fixed or something , PPL that work out there ways, should get a reward for this .(your see this >>> . <<<< sure its a POINT)

But what i can understand is that there should be a little bit more reward for farming points so you can get something 4 grinding and something 4 speedrunning ......

and i know this isnt the right Place 4 this but pls that droprates of classified gearsets are that low that after 40 hours of gaming after the event i aint see any of these in the hole game as a Drop
Bring extra Caches besides the Exotic Ones ore Rework the Exotic one to have one of them into it , if you want to know why xD ?

i have 1 missing (Lonestar) piece 3 %Dropcance on Bosses and in this 3 % there are 18 Pieces of Classified Gearset (in the close future 36 , 54 and so on ) ..... hopefully you dont pick a Calculator now , and in 40 hours killing named bosses in DZ and open world with 4 Characters (besides getting Assicaches) .......not only one Drop (maybe in hour 41) so you want me (have allready 2000 Hours playtime ) to spend additional 3672 hours and 16 min (and 41seconds + my jop and my Goldfish) to get my last missing piece ? h sorry but sometimes i should go to the ...toillet or eating or something maybe ? no ? but why ? thats unfair ? awww... Moooom ?

aggelos4183
08-30-2017, 06:59 AM
Hello to everyone. I think now you should give the mask to the players ho try to get those without cheating or specially use the glitch. Now it's make sense for this high score.

HagerG95
08-30-2017, 04:29 PM
So... when i log in after the GE ended i get the notification that i reach tier 3 and that my rewards was going to be in the base of operations, but when i check i only got 1 mask instead of 3. is there going to be a solution for this? Cause i work and it was really hard for me to get all the points for Tier 3 and i would like to get rewarded for it.

Hope to get an anwser

(sorry for bad english not mother language) :D

RHD_Nomad
08-31-2017, 07:10 AM
So... when i log in after the GE ended i get the notification that i reach tier 3 and that my rewards was going to be in the base of operations, but when i check i only got 1 mask instead of 3. is there going to be a solution for this? Cause i work and it was really hard for me to get all the points for Tier 3 and i would like to get rewarded for it.

Hope to get an anwser

(sorry for bad english not mother language) :D

If you got a T3 reward notification that means you didn't make it to T3 but into T1 thats why you got 1 mask, but chances are you will get 2 masks if Massive actually does as they promised to deliver by the percentages stated on this post which should have been done already, but guess the next "few days" Is a week for some reason

Steve1Rogers
08-31-2017, 08:05 AM
So when are we going to get the masks that we were promised to get literally a week ago? Its getting a bit annoying to wait for something that doesn't even take time to do -_-

HagerG95
08-31-2017, 01:28 PM
but i made like 10k points (i dont remember exactly) i thought that was in the tier 3 rank that gives all the rewards :(

omar19982002
11-28-2017, 05:31 AM
Post updated to include the changes.

Gclub ผ่านเว็บ (https://goo.gl/jtiDW2)