PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Input issue goes heavier

Grivois_Gaulois
08-21-2017, 08:33 AM
Since yesterday my input latency is more and more important, to the point I have barely the feeling I'm in control of my avatar today. I have like 3 to 5 seconds delay between the command and the execution, and frequently the avatar does not the action I'm willing to perform.

My NAT has always been green, 50/50 mb highspeed fiber internet and decent 50-60 fps, I really don't get what's happenning lately, it's like either every other players have a speedhack or I'm playing in slow motion.

Any tip or reason why is this becoming this terrible ?

Draghmar
08-21-2017, 08:37 AM
Is this only in fights? Or maybe you're experiencing this also in menu?
If that's the case you can try changing from full screen to windowed borderless (or vice versa) and then back again.

Grivois_Gaulois
08-21-2017, 08:54 AM
Is this only in fights? Or maybe you're experiencing this also in menu?
If that's the case you can try changing from full screen to windowed borderless (or vice versa) and then back again.

It's only during games and mostly in the end of games, when there are more and more fights, more and more explosions as AI everywhere and informations on the screen, but lately it happens also during the whole game.

I think this is lag server or players abusing of their ping, but it has become quite annoying since a couple of days.

T_Sesh
08-21-2017, 03:33 PM
If you're experiencing input lag on your controls, I might suggest changing out whatever you use. If you use wireless mouse and keyboard, I might suggest changing the batteries. I would also suggest seeing if the issue occurs in single player/when not in a match. Network lag in the game is usually represented by frame rate drops and players blinking around. It should not have any affect on your own player character, as that is all controlled client-side, and has nothing to do with the network connectivity.

Grivois_Gaulois
08-21-2017, 04:00 PM
If you're experiencing input lag on your controls, I might suggest changing out whatever you use. If you use wireless mouse and keyboard, I might suggest changing the batteries. I would also suggest seeing if the issue occurs in single player/when not in a match. Network lag in the game is usually represented by frame rate drops and players blinking around. It should not have any affect on your own player character, as that is all controlled client-side, and has nothing to do with the network connectivity.

One sure thing is you have no idea how all of this is working... Anything clientside will be sent eventually server side which will decide priorities : who strikes first, does the block happens in the good timing, and so on.

Just stfu : you're clueless stupid_orochi.

T_Sesh
08-21-2017, 09:36 PM
One sure thing is you have no idea how all of this is working... Anything clientside will be sent eventually server side which will decide priorities : who strikes first, does the block happens in the good timing, and so on.

Just stfu : you're clueless stupid_orochi.

Wow. Okay. Not sure why I deserved to be insulted, but that's this is the last time I try to provide any advise to you. Frankly...you're just wrong. I suggest you read this article to get a basic understanding, specifically the part regarding the For Honor network model:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000026270/For-Honor-Online-System-Breakdown-FH-PC-XB1-PS4

You shouldn't be an ******* and pretend like you know everything if you're asking for opinions about your issue. It's a good way to get ignored if not banned from the forums.