PDA

View Full Version : Watch this video and tell me how this game is balance, Unisoft?

roman_emperor85
08-21-2017, 03:57 AM
https://youtu.be/bsFV52VzcQ4

I literally can't do anything after the stun. I can't block. I can't dodge. I can't easily run away. And to add to the frustration, I lose all of my stamina. How is this balanced?
I know my post go unnoticed, but I would really appreciate an answer to my question. How is this spamming balanced?

Tundra 793
08-21-2017, 04:01 AM
I hate the Centurion as much as the next guy, but unless I'm mistaken; Every attack of his after the 0:08 mark you could have blocked or parried.

roman_emperor85
08-21-2017, 04:05 AM
Do you think I would be upset if I could block his attack? Do you really think I didn't try to block his attack, only for the input to be unresponsive because it isn't there?

Tundra 793
08-21-2017, 04:10 AM
Well first off; Chill out dude, I'm just trying to anylise a quick clip of gameplay, It's harder for us on this end of it to determine exactly what went on here.

Secondly, most of us here are on your side, we want the Centurion to get re-balanced by the developers. All I want is to find out if your clip can be a good example of what's wrong with him.

Viewing the clip again, his killing blow doesn't appear to be an Unblockable. Unless I'm wrong, you should have blocked that.
Because your guard appears to be on the left, where he's attacking you from. But even though you seem capable of dodging backwards, you guard isn't up.

I'm not knowledgeble enough to know exactly what's wrong with that last hit though, but something does feel off about it.

Rickster_
08-21-2017, 04:15 AM
you could've just dodge to your left or right when he did that, plus if you block the heavy then dodged his punch and gotten a free gb

roman_emperor85
08-21-2017, 04:25 AM
You're not taking the time to read are you. My guard isn't up because the input isn't there. It's unresponsive. If you the video watch closely, my guard is up on the same side he repeatedly attack from after the stun, and she doesn't block the attack. There is no guard then you get stunned. You are overlooking the whole video just for whole video, just to highlight the finishing blow.

I get that there are players who main him. I'm not saying he's unbeatable, but I hope those people can truly be objective.

DaLast_Samurai
08-21-2017, 04:28 AM
No, he could not of...

I have no problem blocking and parrying the Centurion when I'm not in the stunned and / or stamina drained state.
I do it all the time with Orochi, and then slice him up a little, get him to step back and be more cautious.
Then I move in and guard break or zone attack to open up a little more slicing for me.

Half the time time I can either kill him or get him down to almost no health in a one on one setting.
But that's me in a one on one setting having to hit him 20 more times than he would have to hit me to kill me.

Then half the time, once he gets me stunned, it's all over...
Might as well set down my controller.
Can't block / parry, can't dodge out of the way.

Then there's the 4 on 4 factor...
I was getting ganked by two Centurions for a few matches today.
I should be able to put up some kind of a fight...
Not just parry one and get stunned into helplessness by the other.

And now we have the Highlander, very similar problem with him.
I can cut him up for days...
Get him down to almost no health...
Then three hits with his whirling sword that you can not avoid and you are done.

This is what I pretty much expected.
Every season they are coming out with characters that are unfairly over powered compared to the original characters.

I don't want to use any new characters, so I'm getting turned off real quick here.
I love using a Katana...
I want to use Orochi.
But I can't get a fair shake with him, because Ubisoft wants a profit.

Tundra 793
08-21-2017, 04:32 AM
You're not taking the time to read are you.

I can taste the irony.

My guard isn't up because the input isn't there. It's unresponsive. If you the video watch closely, my guard is up on the same side he repeatedly attack from after the stun, and she doesn't block the attack. There is no guard then you get stunned. You are overlooking the whole video just for whole video, just to highlight the finishing blow.

I'm highlighting the killing blow specifically because we can see your guard is on the same side as his attack, which doesn't appear to be unblockable, and I find it strange that you'd be in a position where you're able to dodge backwards, yet still have your guard be down.
What I want to know is why your guard, despite always being on the side he attacks from, is down for 30 seconds, even though you're shown to be able both dodge and roll during the same time frame.

Antonioj26
08-21-2017, 04:33 AM

I literally can't do anything after the stun. I can't block. I can't dodge. I can't easily run away. And to add to the frustration, I lose all of my stamina. How is this balanced?
I know my post go unnoticed, but I would really appreciate an answer to my question. How is this spamming balanced?

You keep dodging backwards so hes hitting you while you are in recovery. I don't see the problem.

roman_emperor85
08-21-2017, 04:33 AM
you could've just dodge to your left or right when he did that, plus if you block the heavy then dodged his punch and gotten a free gb

*sighing in frustration

That_guy44
08-21-2017, 04:38 AM
There is nothing wrong with centurion in this video. You kept shooting yourself in the foot by trying to dodge backwards. When you dodge backwards with Valkyrie you lose active guard. She only keeps her guard up for forward, left, or right dodges. Notice how your indicator was black. It takes more time to for your character to recover when OOS. What you should have done was stood your ground and your block would have recovered in time. Instead, by dodging backwards, you dropped your guard and his attack kept sneaking through because you didn't recover in time. If you dodged left, you would have been fine.

Antonioj26
08-21-2017, 04:39 AM
No, he could not of...

I have no problem blocking and parrying the Centurion when I'm not in the stunned and / or stamina drained state.
I do it all the time with Orochi, and then slice him up a little, get him to step back and be more cautious.
Then I move in and guard break or zone attack to open up a little more slicing for me.

Half the time time I can either kill him or get him down to almost no health in a one on one setting.
But that's me in a one on one setting having to hit him 20 more times than he would have to hit me to kill me.

Then half the time, once he gets me stunned, it's all over...
Might as well set down my controller.
Can't block / parry, can't dodge out of the way.

Then there's the 4 on 4 factor...
I was getting ganked by two Centurions for a few matches today.
I should be able to put up some kind of a fight...
Not just parry one and get stunned into helplessness by the other.

And now we have the Highlander, very similar problem with him.
I can cut him up for days...
Get him down to almost no health...
Then three hits with his whirling sword that you can not avoid and you are done.

This is what I pretty much expected.
Every season they are coming out with characters that are unfairly over powered compared to the original characters.

I don't want to use any new characters, so I'm getting turned off real quick here.
I love using a Katana...
I want to use Orochi.
But I can't get a fair shake with him, because Ubisoft wants a profit.

Highlander is honestly garbage, dude. You just need to get the timing of his attacks down, your probably dodging too early. In regards to the stun you can block, dodge, and parry. It's a little harder with your screen being blurry but he has to land a slow kick or an even slower jab first to do it, both which are unsafe.

Tundra 793
08-21-2017, 04:39 AM
There is nothing wrong with centurion in this video. You kept shooting yourself in the foot by trying to dodge backwards. When you dodge backwards with Valkyrie you lose active guard. She only keeps her guard up for forward, left, or right dodges. Notice how your indicator was black. It takes more time to for your character to recover when OOS. What you should have done was stood your ground and your block would have recovered in time. Instead, by dodging backwards, you dropped your guard and his attack kept sneaking through because you didn't recover in time. If you dodged left, you would have been fine.

http://i.imgur.com/rPNCqww.gif

Tobias96716
08-21-2017, 04:41 AM
At least you have a chance to block or dodge...right now Gladiators get hosed with any light attack spam that connects...since the recovery is so slow...we cant get our blocks up or dodge away...

Vonnivek
08-21-2017, 04:43 AM
I think you should dodge the jab instead dodge the cent's jump attack

Since you dodge the attack too early,
the cent's jump attack can still track you,
and since you are in dodge recovery, so you can't block and get hit

So, you should dodge the jab, if you succeed, you can GB him

roman_emperor85
08-21-2017, 04:58 AM

There is nothing wrong? How it this excused on the next character, who isn't her?

If you noticed, I initially stood my ground and blocked his first the blow, only to get stun and lose my stamina. Trying to escape was a result of me losing my stamina to stuns.There isn't much I can do to defend or attack without it. Standing my ground without it would have resulted in the same outcome. Would you like to see that video too? How do you excuse the loss of stamina.

I'm done with the forums. I can't sit here and counter every argument. That would just be insane.

Butonfly
08-21-2017, 05:14 AM
There's two truths here

1) Given how Centurion currently plays, you made repeated errors given the moves he made. That's on you.

2) Centurions moveset is ******** and mechanically out of whack with the rest of the heroes in this game. It's well documented, and acknowledged by every For Honor player. This includes the Devs, and you'll notice the subtle but steady shift in the forum dev mods wording when responding to the countless threads on Centurion that say as much. The ultra tracking, heat seeking, ridiculous comboing, overpowered effects of the skillset have all been called into question and should be on the nerf chopping block. It is believed that the Centurion is flawed mechanically, and only a redesign will truly fix this (not just numerous nerfs to damage, stamina use, and stamina drain, but removal of insane CC, long drawn out animations, and flow of moves within combos). So there you go.

Conclusion: You mucked up, but yes, Centurion is a steaming pile of bull-****

LaserCaiser
08-21-2017, 05:15 AM
You were panic dashing, thats all there is to it.

roman_emperor85
08-21-2017, 05:18 AM
I like the grey area you operate under. Thumbs up.

lMoosel
08-21-2017, 05:22 AM
That's a learn to play issue, simply could have dodged during the initial punches, especially using valk and having a dodge attack.

Antonioj26
08-21-2017, 05:25 AM
There is nothing wrong? How it this excused on the next character, who isn't her?

If you noticed, I initially stood my ground and blocked his first the blow, only to get stun and lose my stamina. Trying to escape was a result of me losing my stamina to stuns.There isn't much I can do to defend or attack without it. Standing my ground without it would have resulted in the same outcome. Would you like to see that video too? How do you excuse the loss of stamina.

I'm done with the forums. I can't sit here and counter every argument. That would just be insane.

You could have dodged the jab after the initial blow and you didn't. Even if you do get stunned the only thing he can land after is a light attack, anything else can be blocked dodged or parried. You kept dodging backwards and as we have just said you made the wrong move. You stand your ground til you get your stamina back, dodge when he does unblockables and block when he goes for normal attacks. Only time you should parry is his heavy unblockable.

Stop blaming the character for you making the wrong choices there. There's a lot of problems with cents character but this isn't one of them.

kweassa1
08-21-2017, 05:39 AM

00:01 - 00:03
- First attack Eagle's Fury, the cent actually made a mistake, because he could have gotten in a full charge jab.

00:05 - 00:07
- Blocked charged heavy, any dodge to left or right easily evades jab.

- The number of things you could have done:
(1) parried the charged heavy -- guaranteed damage
(2) dodged the charged heavy -- guaranteed GB
(3) dodged the jab -- guaranteed GB or guaranteed dodge attack

- instead, you panicked and chose to roll away.

00:08 - 00:10
- you back rolled away, as you recovered the cent came in with a ImpMight charged heavy

- you could have :
(1) parried the attack -- guaranteed damage
(2) dodged the attack -- guaranteed GB or guaranteed dodge attack

- you obviously had no idea what was coming so you didn't react at all, and therefore got hit with the UB heavy.

00:12 - 00:15
- the cent makes another mistake, doesn't use full charged jab.
- You get hit by the jab, and then again fail to block or parry yet another charged heavy

00:15 - DEATH
- the cent makes another mistake, doesn't use full charged jab. You get hit by the jab, and then again fail to block or parry the exact same move.

Really? :rolleyes:

Seriously, you could have spent just 30 minutes practice against a lv3 BOT cent and you'd be able to counter everything the cent did in your video. You got no clue as to what to expect when fighting a cent, no idea how his skills work, and which stage of his attack to counter. You basically know nothing about the cent, and all you did was simply "mash on the back-dodge button" bit that newbies most usually do.

So do you really want to go down this road? :rolleyes: Do you really think this 'trouble' you went through has anything to do with 'balance'...?

...really, folks, "BALANCE" doesn't mean "something that allows me to win even if I don't give a rat's arse about what the other guy can do".

*sigh*

(ps) But OK, I give this guy at least the due credit for POSTING A VID about his problems and why he thinks its imbalanced. At least through this vid we can all see just what level of gameplay he is at, and therefore at least try and hold back the ridicule and give sincere advice.

Let this be a FRICKIN' good reminder of what most people are like when they complain about "BALANCE" in this forum. As in, if all those other complainers also had the decency to make their own vids about their own troubles, I've got a pretty good idea those vids won't look too different from the one we saw here in this thread.

roman_emperor85
08-21-2017, 06:03 AM
You do know that by presenting "what if" scenarios and sarcastically saying "you suck" you aren't actually making a point. You present two fallacies in one argument. Just saying. Ubisoft should take into account for level of reason when determining if your argument is valid or not. Although, I highly doubt I'll get a response from them.

Antonioj26
08-21-2017, 06:38 AM
You do know that by presenting "what if" scenarios and sarcastically saying "you suck" you aren't actually making a point. You present two fallacies in one argument. Just saying. Ubisoft should take into account for level of reason when determining if your argument is valid or not. Although, I highly doubt I'll get a response from them.

But there's nothing wrong in this video aside from you making the wrong moves. You opened up with saying there was no way to defend yourself and we're all telling you you're wrong and what you should have done to stop the centurion.

That_guy44
08-21-2017, 06:41 AM
That_guy44*said:1 Minute Ago

These "what if" scenarios help you deal with other characters. That way you can punish their mistakes instead of feeling frustrated all the time.

If I were you when you first went into OOS, I'd stood there and match his guard. I wouldn't bother attempting to parry so I'd move my thumb over the CGB Or dodge button. Once he started his heavy, he could either let it go or cancel to guard break. Once the attack lands, I'd keep my thumb there and wait on the jab that is probably to follow and then dodge. You can't complain about a character when you don't even know how to play against the character.

Butonfly
08-21-2017, 07:06 AM

00:01 - 00:03
- First attack Eagle's Fury, the cent actually made a mistake, because he could have gotten in a full charge jab.

00:05 - 00:07
- Blocked charged heavy, any dodge to left or right easily evades jab.

- The number of things you could have done:
(1) parried the charged heavy -- guaranteed damage
(2) dodged the charged heavy -- guaranteed GB
(3) dodged the jab -- guaranteed GB or guaranteed dodge attack

- instead, you panicked and chose to roll away.

00:08 - 00:10
- you back rolled away, as you recovered the cent came in with a ImpMight charged heavy

- you could have :
(1) parried the attack -- guaranteed damage
(2) dodged the attack -- guaranteed GB or guaranteed dodge attack

- you obviously had no idea what was coming so you didn't react at all, and therefore got hit with the UB heavy.

00:12 - 00:15
- the cent makes another mistake, doesn't use full charged jab.
- You get hit by the jab, and then again fail to block or parry yet another charged heavy

00:15 - DEATH
- the cent makes another mistake, doesn't use full charged jab. You get hit by the jab, and then again fail to block or parry the exact same move.

Really? :rolleyes:

Seriously, you could have spent just 30 minutes practice against a lv3 BOT cent and you'd be able to counter everything the cent did in your video. You got no clue as to what to expect when fighting a cent, no idea how his skills work, and which stage of his attack to counter. You basically know nothing about the cent, and all you did was simply "mash on the back-dodge button" bit that newbies most usually do.

So do you really want to go down this road? :rolleyes: Do you really think this 'trouble' you went through has anything to do with 'balance'...?

...really, folks, "BALANCE" doesn't mean "something that allows me to win even if I don't give a rat's arse about what the other guy can do".

*sigh*

(ps) But OK, I give this guy at least the due credit for POSTING A VID about his problems and why he thinks its imbalanced. At least through this vid we can all see just what level of gameplay he is at, and therefore at least try and hold back the ridicule and give sincere advice.

Let this be a FRICKIN' good reminder of what most people are like when they complain about "BALANCE" in this forum. As in, if all those other complainers also had the decency to make their own vids about their own troubles, I've got a pretty good idea those vids won't look too different from the one we saw here in this thread.

While you're review is spot on, I found your quote deeply ironic given how richly it applies to Centurion XD
"something that allows me to win even if I don't give a rat's arse about what the other guy can do"." ~Kweassa1

watsonclan335u
08-21-2017, 07:41 AM
You were panic dashing, thats all there is to it.

This

kweassa1
08-21-2017, 08:03 AM
While you're review is spot on, I found your quote deeply ironic given how richly it applies to Centurion XD
"something that allows me to win even if I don't give a rat's arse about what the other guy can do"." ~Kweassa1

No irony there at all, dude.

Like, 90% of the "mass produced" scrub cents running around in Dominion and racking up easy kills knows exactly what the other guy can do -- or more precisely, they know what the other guy can't do. In the low-skill tier (which most players in Dominion are at) the players don't really have a concept of studying or practicing a class in the first place, so the scrub cents simply repeat very simple, easy patterns which require at the least a basic knowledge to counter -- just like the example in this thread: the op didn't know how to dodge, or what to look out for.

I mean, tactically speaking, its a smart move. The other guy has no clue how to counter your move, so keep on using it. So long as people stay lazy and practically offer themselves as "free meals" like they so often do, scrub cents will be preying on clueless people for easy kills for a long, long time, and the "victims" really don't have anyone else to blame but themselves.

Like said, just 30 minutes a day with a level 3 BOT cent to practice basic counter moves, study what you have been doing wrong, and applying your practiced technique in real combat (a lot of failures at first, but eventually it comes). Keep the practice for maybe a week and soon you notice the cent suddenly doesn't feel all that mighty or fiersome at all.

It's no different from learning to ride a bike... and some people are arguing "gravity is imbalanced! it keeps making me fall down! nerf gravity". :D

Herbstlicht
08-21-2017, 08:59 AM
Perfectly played? No, surely not. But this video still spotlights one of the problems: The feeling of ultimate superiority for Centurion in Dominion. Due to high stamina and the way his attacks work (charging, options), a great lot of players panic and / or make mistakes. May have become somewhat better in Dominion due to some Centurios switching to Gladi, and Gladi, despite being extremely powerful too, doesn't at least feel as stupid as an Centurion that just seems to stunlock you all the time. If you are not in the bracket of the stronger players, Centurion really is a dominating force. In comparision to most other heroes, he is extremely easy to learn and extreme easy to be incredibly effective with, but it takes a lot of time and skill to efficiently counter him.

Hm, and if people may start thinking I do dislike the Centurio. Hm, not at all. I only hate his stunlock and his influence in 4on4. I like the overall concept, I love the style and I do wish for him to continue being effective. Just less destructive in 4on4 and less punishment with the developer at some point changing what you get your stupid fully charged heavy.

Droodlesaurus
08-21-2017, 10:15 AM
Regardless of who is right or wrong. So many people already abandoned the game. The ones that still are playing are getting frustrated by either specific heroes (there are a couple of names that keep dropping) or features. Clearly something is not working properly, i'm not going to claim to know exactly what it is, so Ubisoft should take the time to fix this.

Jazz117Volkov
08-21-2017, 10:52 AM
This thread is like a conversation between couch boxers. Everyone's got the right answer when they can analyze your performance frame by frame. I mean, fight verdict: You lost. Now let's examine precisely how this occurred and tell you all the poor decisions you made in the span of two seconds..

Facts are, the game is often not broken, and yes, despite it not feeling like it at the time, most encounters have a way out, even against Centurion. Other facts: Centurion is a joke and should never have been allowed in the game in this state. Everything he has is as annoying as fcuk to deal with, and the whole attitude of the character is really off-putting. It's mostly why I left the Knight faction; I just can't deal with that sh!t stain in my ranks. Ubisoft managed to pervert the part of the game that actually sold the whole thing to me in the first place. Bravo.

But for the sake of the topic, yeah, fcuk Cent. Balanced or not, just sort him out on principle. Please. For our sanity.

Knight_Raime
08-21-2017, 10:57 AM
You could get out of that.
But yes. as a cent main I agree he needs some changes.

Horus-31
08-21-2017, 01:33 PM
The video is the perfect example of what many people hate about centurion: he might be balanced at high level but for low to average player, he is completely overpowered.

We can't know much about the Valkyrie's skill in the clip, except that she doesn't know how to counter a Centurion. She might be fine against any other hero and we haven't seen her on the offense to appraise her level. But the Centurion displays no skill at all. He missed 4 opportunities to charge his jab and the only unblockable heavy he throws is by accident, because his first heavy has been dodged. He never does the heavy -> charged heavy -> charged jab -> Eagle's talon combo which could have ended the fight a few seconds earlier. He did nothing but alternatively hold RT and press X. Two buttons and that's it. Doing something this simple with any other charachter is a death sentence, no matter how bad the adversary is. But with a Centurion, it results in a victory, more often than not.

The "Dodge and git gud" crowd on this forum keeps telling people that they have to learn the Centurion's moveset to efficiently counter him. But the Centurion in this clip seems to know a tenth of his own moveset. And he wins without taking any damage.

S.J.Lannister
08-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Simple fact: Centurion is OP in every game mode compared to Vanilla Heroes. Of course it is possible to beat him especially in duel mode. But it is always hard to do because Centurion is a great punisher. If you will make a single mistake fighting any other class you won't lose 40% HP unless you are Shinobi :) If you will make a single mistake or just let Centurion parry light attack, near wall that's it. You are 40% HP less or finished. That's why he is OP. He is the only character with so easy to do infinite combo. He needed balance long time ago. He needs balance now.

Vakris_One
08-21-2017, 02:53 PM

Rightly or wrongly the Centurion is designed around being a bully and pressing his advantage without letting up. Because of this trait he can be a huge a-hole when he destroys you from just a single punish. However, there are a couple of things you could have done to stop his assault and make him work a bit harder or stop him altogether, depending on the other player's skill level.

1) Parry his unblockable pins - this will take practice to time it right but will save your butt in a pinch such as the situation in your video.

2) Dodge his uppercut to avoid being put into OOS - He can uppercut every time he lands a heavy attack. Learn to anticipate this and side dodge his follow up then punish him with a light attack or GB. The Valk is well suited to this due to her side dash lights.

3) Dodge sideways from time to time - you're making it too easy for him by dodging back all the time. The Cent has excellent forward range lunges and you're only playing into his advantage by dodging back.

4) When out of stamina and you can't get enough distance away from him your best bet is to stand your ground. Be on alert to counter guard break, dodge his shoves or parry his unblockables - it's hard but you'll have more of a chance this way than by dodging back and essentially giving him free hits on you. Make him work for it and he might make a mistake.

5) Whenever possible don't put yourself into OOS by rolling back. This falls under the category of don't get flustered by the Centurion. It's easy to feel overwhelmed when you're under his barrage but if you keep a cool head you'll be more able to make tactical moves such as anticipating his follow up uppercut and side dodging it. Don't panic or despair everytime he gets a hit on you. Always focus on the next move he will make after he lands a hit and you will be able to anticipate and avoid his uppercuts or GB attempts unless he pins you, in which case you need to focus on blocking and making a counter GB when he inevitably goes for a GB to capitalise on the Cent's iconic punish.

RatedChaotic
08-21-2017, 03:50 PM
Simple fact: Centurion is OP in every game mode compared to Vanilla Heroes. Of course it is possible to beat him especially in duel mode. But it is always hard to do because Centurion is a great punisher. If you will make a single mistake fighting any other class you won't lose 40% HP unless you are Shinobi :) If you will make a single mistake or just let Centurion parry light attack, near wall that's it. You are 40% HP less or finished. That's why he is OP. He is the only character with so easy to do infinite combo. He needed balance long time ago. He needs balance now.

I agree....

Tho I'm just an AI player...What do I know right. Thanks to Antonio I'm going to put that on all my replys now.

Antonioj26
08-21-2017, 04:02 PM
I agree....

Tho I'm just an AI player...What do I know right. Thanks to Antonio I'm going to put that on all my replys now.

Never thought I had the capacity to make a grown man this salty. Thanks for the good laugh.

S0Mi_xD
08-21-2017, 04:24 PM
While i understand your frustration, the problem here in this video isn't the centurion, but you (like many experienced ppl already said)

1. First mistake:
After you blocked his first side heavy you tried to attack with a light while walking backwards. (happens if you are suprised - try to stay cool even if it is hard)
- you should have jumped backwards into fullblock stance or sideways into dashattack (this would have changed the situation entirely.

2. Second mistake
You tried to backdodge repeatedly, therefor your block is in recovery and you he hits you
- at least instead of the last backdodge, you should have realised that he does side charged again (because he repeated himself in his action)
it would have been easy to counter with a side dodge to use your superior block to interrupt his actions, parry or just a block and dodge

We all knowcenturion is not balanced, but befor you blame others, think at first about your own mistakes and try to avoid them next time.

We are experiencing all the same, and you can only grown if you admit your weakness/mistakes and try to improve it.

SenBotsu893
08-21-2017, 05:29 PM
yes the last hits could have been blocked

BUT he would have followed up with a quick jab anyways wich leads again to guranteed damage.

but what this short clip depicts really good his centurions emphasis on "CLOSE RANGE EXPERT".
he is such an exptert at "CLOSE RANGE" that his unblockable slides all the way towards the backdodge+roll.
also his regular charged is very "CLOSE RANGE" since it lets him fly across the field.

There is so much wrong with Cent. The insane tracking is just 1 thing out of many. (insane stamina drain, biggest stam pool ingame, guranteed hit after guranteed hit. wall stunlock... the list goes on.

Antonioj26
08-21-2017, 06:24 PM
yes the last hits could have been blocked

BUT he would have followed up with a quick jab anyways wich leads again to guranteed damage.

but what this short clip depicts really good his centurions emphasis on "CLOSE RANGE EXPERT".
he is such an exptert at "CLOSE RANGE" that his unblockable slides all the way towards the backdodge+roll.
also his regular charged is very "CLOSE RANGE" since it lets him fly across the field.

There is so much wrong with Cent. The insane tracking is just 1 thing out of many. (insane stamina drain, biggest stam pool ingame, guranteed hit after guranteed hit. wall stunlock... the list goes on.

If he follows up with the jab then he could have dodged it for a free gb and it's anything but quick. Jab is 700ms, for reference shugos lights are 600ms.

kweassa1
08-21-2017, 07:53 PM
If he follows up with the jab then he could have dodged it for a free gb and it's anything but quick. Jab is 700ms, for reference shugos lights are 600ms.

Frankly, the only thing "wrong" I see in this thread is simply the same ol' same ol' -- people without a clue commenting on something they have no idea about... and I'm really, really getting tired of making videos to refute ridiculous lies and false claims.

Jab on blocked heavy a "guaranteed damage???"... ROFL... :rolleyes:

Antonioj26
08-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Frankly, the only thing "wrong" I see in this thread is simply the same ol' same ol' -- people without a clue commenting on something they have no idea about... and I'm really, really getting tired of making videos to refute ridiculous lies and false claims.

I read that as he can jab and then get the guaranteed damage but that was the second go around. I did think for a minute he meant the jab was guaranteed on block, and he still might have meant that but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

kweassa1
08-21-2017, 08:39 PM
I read that as he can jab and then get the guaranteed damage but that was the second go around. I did think for a minute he meant the jab was guaranteed on block, and he still might have meant that but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Still doesn't change a thing, because pertaining to the original vid posted, the fact doesn't change that there was absolutely nothing out of ordinary, nothing too extreme, and nothing uncounterable. The entire 20 second fight consisted of the op panicking against the cent and missed out like 5~6 opportunities to counter, which isn't even hard or difficult -- at least compared to really difficult stuff like countering warden vortex on pure reflex.

Antonioj26
08-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Still doesn't change a thing, because pertaining to the original vid posted, the fact doesn't change that there was absolutely nothing out of ordinary, nothing too extreme, and nothing uncounterable. The entire 20 second fight consisted of the op panicking against the cent and missed out like 5~6 opportunities to counter, which isn't even hard or difficult -- at least compared to really difficult stuff like countering warden vortex on pure reflex.

Oh I agree fully on that. It definitely was an opportunity to learn how to counter one of his weaknesses but much like many others around here he just blames centurion.

S0Mi_xD
08-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Oh I agree fully on that. It definitely was an opportunity to learn how to counter one of his weaknesses but much like many others around here he just blames centurion.

Yep, thats right - and it's a pitty that OP can't reflect this event on himself to learn about it.
Like i saide befor
"
We all knowcenturion is not balanced, but befor you blame others, think at first about your own mistakes and try to avoid them next time.

We are experiencing all the same, and you can only grown if you admit your weakness/mistakes and try to improve it. "

1. OP did right, capture a video of the situation
2. OP did wrong blaming Cent for his mistakes, instead of asking what he could have done better/against it
3. OP ignoring advice from player who want help him by explaining what he did wrong in the clip

Antonioj26
08-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Yep, thats right - and it's a pitty that OP can't reflect this event on himself to learn about it.
Like i saide befor
"

We are experiencing all the same, and you can only grown if you admit your weakness/mistakes and try to improve it. "

1. OP did right, capture a video of the situation
2. OP did wrong blaming Cent for his mistakes, instead of asking what he could have done better/against it
3. OP ignoring advice from player who want help him by explaining what he did wrong in the clip

Yeah I kinda get being so frustrated you don't want to listen but it's not as though what we are saying is subjective. We could pin point exactly went wrong and why.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
08-21-2017, 10:26 PM
I literally can't do anything after the stun. I can't block. I can't dodge.
This guy...
1.You can always block unless your right arm falls off.
2.You kept dodging backwards mindlessly.
That centurion was so kind imo that he kept doing the same simple thing 4 times hoping for you to learn your lesson in time.
By the looks of your Valkirie and the lack of knowledge of a character released on march i can tell that you are new to the game, but your "video proof" just spreads toxicity to a community that has enought of it already. Normally i would expect from someone of your age (if that 85 tells the truth) to at least learn the basics before complaining, instead you "sigh in frustration" and keep a firm stand on your ground of ignorance when everybody else here is trying to help you.
Get a better approach at this game (or at any other) and take your time to learn the basics before whining about something you don't even know, even if the practice mode can't really be called as such pls bother to use it for a while. And GIT GUD.

UbiJurassic
08-22-2017, 01:15 AM
Thanks for giving the OP some fight advice and feedback, everyone. Centurion definitely is a pain for many players and we're definitely looking at him and how best to balance him for the future.

SenBotsu893
08-22-2017, 02:33 PM

dont forget about Haymaker. dont forget about uncharged jab into light attack. dont forget about Legion Kick into light.

if the melee attack hits he can follow up. thats what people annoys the must i think that a confirmed hit goes into another confirmed hit.

Shakti.
08-22-2017, 02:38 PM
The tracking on the Centurion is the big offender in 4v4 . OFc He should have parried all that stuff but the point still remains. Centurion has some broken features
that no other classes comes close too. So ROman put aside your daddy issues and balance it already

Antonioj26
08-22-2017, 02:39 PM
forgetting about Haymaker are we? forgetting about uncharged jab into light attack are we?
or are you just blindly defending cent without having a clue ?

You are misunderstanding what he is saying, he is saying the jab isnt guaranteed on block.

Stahlrusse
08-22-2017, 02:55 PM
The problem with Cent is that he has low stam cost for his abilities and thus he can make almost infinite combos while keeping his opponent out of stamina almost constantly.

Tyrjo
08-22-2017, 03:29 PM
The thing with the video is that what we are seeing are two players of which neither plays it right. It proves that Centurion is so OP that even a bad player can make him seem OP. So if a player with good+ skills pick him up and start playing him (like Bandanaa) he will absolutely CRUSH.

Antonioj26
08-22-2017, 03:35 PM
The thing with the video is that what we are seeing are two players of which neither plays it right. It proves that Centurion is so OP that even a bad player can make him seem OP. So if a player with good+ skills pick him up and start playing him (like Bandanaa) he will absolutely CRUSH.

Why is the centurion bad? For landing all of his confirmed damage? He played everything right aside from the fact that he shouldn't have done the knee from the parry but instead gb>pommel 2>wallstun combo. It's easy to make that mistake though and hit gb too early after the parry, other than that there isn't enough information to know if he's a bad player or a good one. However we can see that butonfly couldn't have made more mistakes if he tried.

Edit: got the threads and videos mixed up. Even still yes the centurion was bad but that's not his fault that OP wasn't at all defending himself the right way. 2 bad players playing badly doesn't make a character broken.

S0Mi_xD
08-22-2017, 03:49 PM
The problem with Cent is that he has low stam cost for his abilities and thus he can make almost infinite combos while keeping his opponent out of stamina almost constantly.

Thats is one problem, he barly runs out of stamina if played normal - in compare if you play every other hero (except gladiatior) to the same extend they would run out of stamina.

But the real problem here is, that EVERY jab hits you against walls/objects.
That's why those ridiculous combos are possible where you run out of stamina because centurion can continue to splash you against a wall.

Only the full charged jab should bash you against a wall, and if no wall is in the near you will get knocked down.
Also normal jabs shouldn't allow a free hit - it already gives you good stamina dmg and a stun(taking away vision for a short time)

But it would be already a huge nerf and good balance to take away the wallsplash on normal jabs