PDA

View Full Version : Fire flasks, catapults & arrow storms.

AgentCelt
08-20-2017, 04:07 PM
There's been an issue with these feats for a while now, in my opinion. I have no problem with how powerful they are. My only problem is that allies take hardly any damage from them. Too often I'm being ganked and a Warden will catapult me and two of his teammates and I'm the only one to die. Surely the damage output should be the same on friendlies as it is on enemies. Especially fire flask because people throw them and then their allies all of a sudden become immune to fire. Just a suggestion, I think the level 4 feats should do equal damage to all allies and enemies.

I know a risk of this would be trolling or team killing on purpose. I've seen people on here suggest punishment for team killers, whatever that punishment could be is for another discussion, but I think with a punishment for team killing people would have second thoughts about using these level 4 feats on their own teammates. A punishment for team killing would be decent too considering these new ballistas can one shot your own teammates, people are too happy to fire at enemies when their literally inches away from your allies.

CandleInTheDark
08-20-2017, 04:20 PM
There's been an issue with these feats for a while now, in my opinion. I have no problem with how powerful they are. My only problem is that allies take hardly any damage from them. Too often I'm being ganked and a Warden will catapult me and two of his teammates and I'm the only one to die. Surely the damage output should be the same on friendlies as it is on enemies. Especially fire flask because people throw them and then their allies all of a sudden become immune to fire. Just a suggestion, I think the level 4 feats should do equal damage to all allies and enemies.

I know a risk of this would be trolling or team killing on purpose. I've seen people on here suggest punishment for team killers, whatever that punishment could be is for another discussion, but I think with a punishment for team killing people would have second thoughts about using these level 4 feats on their own teammates. A punishment for team killing would be decent too considering these new ballistas can one shot your own teammates, people are too happy to fire at enemies when their literally inches away from your allies.

I've been one of those not necessarily against against full friendly fire but not all too keen on it either for a while exactly because of the trolling concern, though I do agree if you're throwing around area of effect feats that is a different story, and like you say, the ballistas are a concern where people are team killing because someone got a shot first or are attacking teammates to get them off the ballista so some kind of team kill warning system isn't a bad thing either.

I agree even more after my last game >.> A highlander and myself as a conqueror were fighting a lone Warden, it isn't like we were mashing heavy, we were ranging him and chipping him down. He managed to kill the highlander and only just didn't kill me because I had juggernaut active by centring a catapult on himself and he walked away unscathed from that with enough of an advantage to finish me off.

The_B0G_
08-20-2017, 04:45 PM
I'd like to see full damage to teammates on 4th feats as well. Its very frustrating fighting a close match and be at the end of the game, still anyones fight, and while you're all fighting one epic battle when breaking, some jack@** calls in an arrow storm or catapult on the entire group, killing only his enemies.

Pretty crappy way to end a good match. At least if everyone took equal damage it would make people think twice before calling in feats close to allies. As far as the trolling is concerned, make a reportable option for people carelessly calling in feats on allies. Give out suspensions.

AnEnticingSquid
08-20-2017, 05:02 PM
How about the punishment is no xp for that round? Kicking the player would probably break the whole game so that options out... Just make sure at the end of the roundbthey know why they didnt get any xp... gotta make it barny style for these idiots...

CandleInTheDark
08-20-2017, 05:22 PM
How about the punishment is no xp for that round? Kicking the player would probably break the whole game so that options out... Just make sure at the end of the roundbthey know why they didnt get any xp... gotta make it barny style for these idiots...

The problem with that is it won't deter those who are just there to troll, there were people very early on in this forum who quite openly stated that they didn't care about xp and steel because they had their character with a max gear score, at best you'd deny people who hit teammates by accident something that they needed for their character but it won't stop those determined to troll in the slightest..

Alustar.
08-20-2017, 05:54 PM
I'd be on board with not only rank 4 feats applying damage equally, but as Enticingsquid said, no exp. I think any team kill should negatively impact your end game score. I've been ledged, zoned to death, and even drop killed by my own teams indiscretion.

AgentCelt
08-20-2017, 06:56 PM
The problem with that is it won't deter those who are just there to troll, there were people very early on in this forum who quite openly stated that they didn't care about xp and steel because they had their character with a max gear score, at best you'd deny people who hit teammates by accident something that they needed for their character but it won't stop those determined to troll in the slightest..

To be honest, there are not a lot of trolls in the game anyway. So it's rare that you have someone purposely trying to kill their own teammates. Maybe have a system where you receive 5% less exp, assets & steel at the end of the match for every teammate you killed. That way people true players will be put off the idea of calling in one of their level 4 feats on their own allies. And it's level 4 feats we're talking about, anyone who's trolling is barely going to put the effort in to gain his level 4's just to use them to troll.

Yokonato
08-20-2017, 07:11 PM
thing is game doesnt recognize teamkills, even when a friendly makes you fall off ledge the last enemy to hit him gets that kill added, not to mention alot of people dont pay attention to their areas when in the heat of battle its easy to lightly tap someone with the edge of a zone or wide swing and because your teammate is at the edge of something he goes into a stumble and the game says ok throw him off the ledge

UbiInsulin
08-20-2017, 07:11 PM
To be honest, there are not a lot of trolls in the game anyway. So it's rare that you have someone purposely trying to kill their own teammates. Maybe have a system where you receive 5% less exp, assets & steel at the end of the match for every teammate you killed. That way people true players will be put off the idea of calling in one of their level 4 feats on their own allies. And it's level 4 feats we're talking about, anyone who's trolling is barely going to put the effort in to gain his level 4's just to use them to troll.

This is an interesting idea, AgentCelt. In addition to the intentional teamkilling concerns, I do wonder about how those who accidentally teamkill/teamwound would feel about the penalties they receive.

AgentCelt
08-20-2017, 07:22 PM
This is an interesting idea, AgentCelt. In addition to the intentional teamkilling concerns, I do wonder about how those who accidentally teamkill/teamwound would feel about the penalties they receive.

Yeah, I understand there are rare occasions where you can accidentally kill a team mate, but it falls down to both your allies bad positioning and your own lack of awareness. The only reason I bring up the idea of a team kill penalty is because of my suggestion about level 4 feats doing equal damage to both allies and enemies.

I think maybe it's a small price to pay to get rid of the shady tactics like catapulting someone who's already being battered in a 3 vs 1.

Yokonato
08-20-2017, 07:32 PM
I feel the penalty may be pointless, lets be serious here exp is easily farmed in AI dom if someone really wants to rank up,to unlock lvl 4 feat requires 1v1s with assassins,kills and captures with hybrids,kills and minion slaughter with vanguards, unless your team is getting stomped you generally only see on person dropping a lvl 4 feat , upping the damage should be fine with the catapult being a massive ball of fire but some feats like arrowstorm and fire flask are far to wide of a area and sudden that alot of mistakes are made and punishing someone for accident is over the top and for the people who do it on purpose the fact they unlocked lvl 4 means they were cutting through your team anyways and they probably wont care about a match loss when they can get a rep in a day of dom farming

AgentCelt
08-20-2017, 07:42 PM
I feel the penalty may be pointless, lets be serious here exp is easily farmed in AI dom if someone really wants to rank up,to unlock lvl 4 feat requires 1v1s with assassins,kills and captures with hybrids,kills and minion slaughter with vanguards, unless your team is getting stomped you generally only see on person dropping a lvl 4 feat , upping the damage should be fine with the catapult being a massive ball of fire but some feats like arrowstorm and fire flask are far to wide of a area and sudden that alot of mistakes are made and punishing someone for accident is over the top and for the people who do it on purpose the fact they unlocked lvl 4 means they were cutting through your team anyways and they probably wont care about a match loss when they can get a rep in a day of dom farming

It's not a penalty I care about that much. I just want to see level 4 feats do equal damage to both allies and enemies. A side effect would be a lot of team kills and the best way to remedy that is for a penalty. Sure it won't cut down all team kills but it would do more good than bad I think.

AnEnticingSquid
08-20-2017, 08:47 PM
You only ever get 1 lvl 4 feat per game (at least I do)... So I don't see people working through the majority of a game just to risk losing and waste their feat on teammates. I feel like most people would rather win then waste 10 minutes playing a game then purposefully losing. Also, other than killing your team when it's breaking, it will not be more than an inconvenience that at most, you will see 1 time per game.

MemoireStar
08-20-2017, 09:23 PM
Don't forget highlanders feat, just as OP as the others..

I'd aprecciate either a damage nerf, friendly fire, or making them unable to actually completely kill people (like you did with chip damage)
Those feats are way too impactful, especially regarding how they are better than almost every other level 4 feat in the game.

Butonfly
08-20-2017, 11:58 PM

Has anybody thought about the counter trolls? Those guys who jump into the fire of a thoughtful player just to die and cost him his rewards XD

Tundra 793
08-21-2017, 12:07 AM
I've always hated these type of high damage AoE feats. They feel completely out of place in the game, as they allow a single player to completely turn around a whole match in seconds, regardless of how well either team has played up to that point.

Ideally I'd have them removed completely, replacing them with a feat like the Berserker's "Berzerk" feat which essentially just gives you a brief window to be the ultimate version of the Berserker class, but for all the class types. So instead of just getting a no skill instant kill feat, you'd be able to boost the best parts of your class' innate abilities. It keeps skill involved in utilizing your feats, but even a rookie can benefit immensely from either a great offensive, or defensive boost.

But that's just fanciful thinking. Realistically I want friendly fire turned all the way up for them so teams can't just use them as a "get of jail" free card to bail out of bad situations.