PDA

View Full Version : Highlander - what kind of weapon does he really use?

Herbstlicht
08-20-2017, 01:14 AM
I'd be for saying: thats a Claymore no longer. At least not, when considering greatswords / claymores that really have been used. Those weighed like inbetween 2 - 3 kg average, what is pretty heavy for a sword, but still enables you to move it swiftly and with some dexterity. So, now we got the highlander, who is swinging this massive blade of his as if it is like 10kg or above. I mean this guy seems to be pure muscle. A beast. Still, he is rather slow with this blade of his - at least aside from stuff like celtic curse, the mixup part is rather swift.

Anyway, could this be correct, like the Highlander fighting with a weapon that is more closely between 5-10kg then the typical claymore we know from history?

Tundra 793
08-20-2017, 01:48 AM
It's a Claymore in name for no other real reason, than it's meant to kinda look like one. But within the context of For Honor, both the Highlander and his weapon are entirely fictional, being only loosely inspired by the real things.

The_B0G_
08-20-2017, 01:54 PM
I noticed the same thing when I first seen his emotes, he acts like its a 20 lb sword. The blade does look super thick compared to real claymores too. Like Tundra said though, the game is only loosely based on historical weapons and fighters.

It's more fantasy than realistic even on the fighting side of things.

lMoosel
08-20-2017, 10:24 PM
He's uses a pool noodle, have you seen his pathetic damage lol.