PDA

View Full Version : Why even bother to call it "Matchmaking"? + an actual solution.

OrderOfLGBT
08-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Dear Ubisoft employees,

I really enjoy all the matchmaking reworks off your latest patches. I mean... basically all you did was putting the player levels in front of the names and it ended up being "how f***** are you" indicator, rather than anything close to serious matchmaking. How genius!

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-33768618/MMftw.jpg.html guess how this match has ended. The Warden alone had 30 of his levels just on this single character.

And no, Im not complaining because it happened "just this one time" - MM looks like this all the time (well, at least in the past week since Im playing again). And Im also not happy when it happens to the enemy team, simply because there is no fun in farming unexperienced players - and for sure its not making these players come back to play more.

However, Im not just here to cry. I also bring a solution!

My suggestion to matchmaking:

1. Players really need to pick their characters BEFORE joining a Match. This way Character Level can be taken into consideration.
2. MM should be a legit mix of your Character Level (a.k.a. gear stats, specially in lower levels) and overall experience (Account Level)
3. Example:

Lets say you got an Acc with a Prestige of 62. But you would like to play a new character you actually dont know that good and which has only a presitge of 3.
So you shouldn't get matched with chars who have maxed stats. But as a player you have already a lot of experience. So why not make it:

CharPres + 10% Acc Prestige= MM (-/+ 5 to actually find a match in time)

So in my equation our assumed player will have a MM of 9 ranging from 4 - 14.
This way he would get matched with some other player, lets say some guy who played the warden straight from the tutorial, who has a warden on prestige 9 and an Acc Prestige of 10. With my system he would have a MM of 10 ranging from 5 - 15. So a fairly new player with all his experience and gear on a single char would get matched against a player with huge experience of the game but moderate experience and gear on a specific character.

I know, its not perfect. But I think its still more reasonable than... whatever the f*** the current system is.
At least this would make it impossible for a new player with a Prestige 0 Centurion to face a Prestige 30 Warden.

But please take up the conversation and bring in your own suggestions.

UbiNoty
08-19-2017, 11:01 PM
It's a great idea, and has been raised a number of times as a suggestion to fix some of the hero rep discrepancies - however Matchmaking currently isn't set-up like this, and we're trying to see if some alternatives can provide a working solution before going back to change some of the underpinning game-flow logic. That's not to say that it isn't something we won't do in the future, but we're also trying out new ways to make matchmaking work as it currently stands. I will take up your feedback with the team though so they can keep it as food for thought.

SikanderAzam
08-19-2017, 11:33 PM
Dear Ubisoft employees,

I really enjoy all the matchmaking reworks off your latest patches. I mean... basically all you did was putting the player levels in front of the names and it ended up being "how f***** are you" indicator, rather than anything close to serious matchmaking. How genius!

https://www.pic-upload.de/view-33768618/MMftw.jpg.html guess how this match has ended. The Warden alone had 30 of his levels just on this single character.

And no, Im not complaining because it happened "just this one time" - MM looks like this all the time (well, at least in the past week since Im playing again). And Im also not happy when it happens to the enemy team, simply because there is no fun in farming unexperienced players - and for sure its not making these players come back to play more.

However, Im not just here to cry. I also bring a solution!

My suggestion to matchmaking:

1. Players really need to pick their characters BEFORE joining a Match. This way Character Level can be taken into consideration.
2. MM should be a legit mix of your Character Level (a.k.a. gear stats, specially in lower levels) and overall experience (Account Level)
3. Example:

Lets say you got an Acc with a Prestige of 62. But you would like to play a new character you actually dont know that good and which has only a presitge of 3.
So you shouldn't get matched with chars who have maxed stats. But as a player you have already a lot of experience. So why not make it:

CharPres + 10% Acc Prestige= MM (-/+ 5 to actually find a match in time)

So in my equation our assumed player will have a MM of 9 ranging from 4 - 14.
This way he would get matched with some other player, lets say some guy who played the warden straight from the tutorial, who has a warden on prestige 9 and an Acc Prestige of 10. With my system he would have a MM of 10 ranging from 5 - 15. So a fairly new player with all his experience and gear on a single char would get matched against a player with huge experience of the game but moderate experience and gear on a specific character.

I know, its not perfect. But I think its still more reasonable than... whatever the f*** the current system is.
At least this would make it impossible for a new player with a Prestige 0 Centurion to face a Prestige 30 Warden.

But please take up the conversation and bring in your own suggestions.

Honestly, I fail to see much of a correlation between "character level" and actual "skill level." My total level is 14, and 13 are with Valk. Sometimes I find people that are level 5 and better than me, and I regularly **** stomp people well into the 20s and 30s. Just because you've played a lot doesn't mean you're good or have taken to time to learn the nuances of the game.

Mtdahl
08-19-2017, 11:48 PM
I do agree that level isn't an inherent indicator of skill but it does show experience, I personally have been struggling greatly in duels and brawls because of this. I bought the game this week and am level 0 and yet I am fighting people with reputations in the 20-30s consistently even up to rep 50. I personally think this is ridiculous I barely know the move sets let alone combos and I am fighting people with 50+ hours of in game experience it is absurd. I am a gamer and think I do well but I am being crushed every round, I only win when my team mate saves me and I'm sick of it. In the last 5 games i've played in brawl I have had 0 kills and on average in brawl I am getting 0-2 kills per game. This is ridiculous, I know Ubi is trying to match skills and the game says I am "on par" but this is very much not true. How can the game think my skill is equal to a rep 25 when I lose every single round and contribute nothing to the win. How is this fair? The answer is its not, matchmaking needs a serious rework and needs to evaluate skill much better because I'm sick of losing.