PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new and have some questions

Mr.Roboto72
07-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Greetings
I purchased FB a couple months ago and I have to say that it is a great game. Everytime I had a question about the game I could always look through the posts to get my answer. Now I have some questions that I could not find in the threads.

1) Everytime I change flaps on one of the me-109 this alarm sound goes off. It is ok at first but it lasts a good 10 min. Is there any way to turn it off?

2)Everytime I take a dive in the I-153 the engine starts to sputter. Is this an issue with the planes engine?

3)When I start a game at 10000m some of the planes engines start to smoke. Is this a bug?

4)I installed voiceflux. It works well on my desktop but it doesn't woek in il-2. How do I fix this?

5)I assigned the airbrake to the "R" key but it never works.

Mr.Roboto72
07-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Greetings
I purchased FB a couple months ago and I have to say that it is a great game. Everytime I had a question about the game I could always look through the posts to get my answer. Now I have some questions that I could not find in the threads.

1) Everytime I change flaps on one of the me-109 this alarm sound goes off. It is ok at first but it lasts a good 10 min. Is there any way to turn it off?

2)Everytime I take a dive in the I-153 the engine starts to sputter. Is this an issue with the planes engine?

3)When I start a game at 10000m some of the planes engines start to smoke. Is this a bug?

4)I installed voiceflux. It works well on my desktop but it doesn't woek in il-2. How do I fix this?

5)I assigned the airbrake to the "R" key but it never works.

BaldieJr
07-29-2004, 09:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr.Roboto72:
Greetings

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Raise your gear http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr.Roboto72:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
It has a carburator instead of injection. When you push the stick forward, the g-forces pushes the fuel the wrong way and the engines starves. Try rolling inverted and pulling back on the stick instead of pusing forward. It takes a bit of practice.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nope. Thats excess fuel. Lean the mixture, or decrease mixture.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No idea. Whats voiceflux?
5)I assigned the airbrake to the "R" key but it never works.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its not in all aircraft. P-38 has one though.

Mr.Roboto72
07-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. Voiceflux is a voice recognition program on the computer. You can use it in games for voice commands like ones attached to keystrokes.

I asked the airbrake question because you are supposed to use it in the stuka's dive, right?

JG7_Rall
07-29-2004, 09:59 PM
to get rid of the horn you actually lower the gear. the horn is there so that you know you have a certain degree of flaps down when flying so you don't forget i guess lol. there's no way to turn it of besides raising the gear. you really don't need to have flaps deployed for 10 minutes anyways

"Son, never ask a man if he is a fighter pilot. If he is, he'll let you know. If he isn't, don't embarrass him."
Badges!? We don't needs no stinkin' badges!

F19_Ob
07-30-2004, 04:03 AM
Remember to use combat flap sparingly in the 109 since it bleeds your speed.
In many cases u can outspeed and outclimb enemy planes. Hurricanes for example.

Remember that combatflap is just another flapsetting and in slowspeed fights U might even use takeoff-flaps or landingflaps. Must be careful though, flaps might jam if applied in too high speed.
In a fight, try to not use flaps when its not nescessary, this way u can conserve your energy. Working with flaps frequently is a normal thing in close combat.(sometimes u want to loose speed and other times to gain it)

In a climb away from, or after an enemy, begin with no flaps and as the speed drops apply combat flaps, this add some lift and u can continue the climb for a few secs more. Some times i hang on my prop in a climb after an enemy with greater E = energy and enable even take off flaps for the last bit of stability and use the rudder to swing the nose at the enemy for a snapshot and then rudder again to point the nose downwards. I dont always dive away though because the bf109 accelerates fast and handles very well in slow speeds and the enemy above might have more trouble to regain his energy compared to me and may end up below me...so sometimes u stay up.

a few thoughts http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif