PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator Reflex guard S-U-C-K-S

Haemmerst0rm
08-19-2017, 02:23 PM
Fix this. The reflex guard is waaaaaay to short compared to berserker. Try fighting a pk who spam lights with this so badly designed SHORT reflex guard. FIX THIS PLEASE!

CandleInTheDark
08-19-2017, 02:29 PM
It's the same as the shinobi and they are squishier, I tend to block with them if I have to, even against pk lights, though I prefer to dodge. I suspect they have the same stance as with the shinobi, blocking is a last option, and given the rewards you get off of deflect and parry with a gladiator, add in the mobility he has and the options off of dodge, yeah something has to give and that was always going to be block duration.

Manlorey
08-19-2017, 03:03 PM
He has some good mixups, yes. But you're forgetting that none of what he does is guaranteed, you can avoid or block pretty much every opener he might have on reaction,when you get the hang of it.
Already seen people doing it. Together with the fact that he is quite squishy and can lose more than a half of his hp to a well executed punish in some cases, does not justify that he has such short blocking time, imho.

CandleInTheDark
08-19-2017, 03:49 PM
And again it is the same as shinobi's who are by far squishier than gladiator and watching teammates in the death cam I just saw a shinobi win a 1v2 mostly using blocks, on console bear in mind, so apparently with practice it can be done.

High-Horse
08-19-2017, 06:40 PM
Please don't change the guard, it's the only thing that's difficult about Glad.

AnEnticingSquid
08-19-2017, 10:23 PM
It's the same as the shinobi and they are squishier, I tend to block with them if I have to, even against pk lights, though I prefer to dodge. I suspect they have the same stance as with the shinobi, blocking is a last option, and given the rewards you get off of deflect and parry with a gladiator, add in the mobility he has and the options off of dodge, yeah something has to give and that was always going to be block duration.

I just wish other characters have the same mentality... all the top tier characters don't have any real drawbacks...

UbiNoty
08-19-2017, 10:55 PM
We have seen some feedback on this so thanks for the feedback, and we'll keep it in mind!