PDA

View Full Version : leading bomber formation

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Hi all,
i can't make bombers in my formation drop their load just when i drop mine. I' ve tried to not specify a particular target on the full-mission builder, only a ground attack waypoint (read about it in a post some months ago) but no way: if i am the leader, they drop load ONLY if i tell them "attack (something)" and consequently they act as dive-bombers, seeking for the nearest target (thus breaking formation and bombing what they prefer); if there aren't target in the nearby they say "unable to obey" and continue to fly. If i do not send orders, even when we reach the G-attack waypoint, nothing happens.
Any suggestion?
Thank you

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 04:06 PM
Hi all,
i can't make bombers in my formation drop their load just when i drop mine. I' ve tried to not specify a particular target on the full-mission builder, only a ground attack waypoint (read about it in a post some months ago) but no way: if i am the leader, they drop load ONLY if i tell them "attack (something)" and consequently they act as dive-bombers, seeking for the nearest target (thus breaking formation and bombing what they prefer); if there aren't target in the nearby they say "unable to obey" and continue to fly. If i do not send orders, even when we reach the G-attack waypoint, nothing happens.
Any suggestion?
Thank you

XyZspineZyX
07-12-2003, 06:10 PM
rosaenrico wrote:
- Hi all,
- i can't make bombers in my formation drop their load
- just when i drop mine. I' ve tried to not specify a
- particular target on the full-mission builder, only
- a ground attack waypoint (read about it in a post
- some months ago) but no way: if i am the leader,
- they drop load ONLY if i tell them "attack
- (something)" and consequently they act as
- dive-bombers, seeking for the nearest target (thus
- breaking formation and bombing what they prefer); if
- there aren't target in the nearby they say "unable
- to obey" and continue to fly. If i do not send
- orders, even when we reach the G-attack waypoint,
- nothing happens.
- Any suggestion?
- Thank you

rosaenrico,

Check the list of forums on this website, and you will find one just for mission builders.

If you don't designate a specific target, the other bombers will usually drop bombs on the spot on the ground where your ground-attack waypoint is set. If there are enemy vehicles, or other ground targets, then the bombers will search for them, which may mean that they wander around a bit before attacking. They may overfly the area, and return to bomb.

Behavior of the bombers also varies as to whether they are "level" bombers, or fighter bombers, or dive-bombers.

It may take some trial and error for you to get a feel for this. I would suggest having multiple groups of one or two bombers, with each group assigned a specific target. (You do know how to do this, right? Set a ground attack waypoint, then hit the target button, and set it to an enemy vehicle, for example).

Zip

<center>BlitzPig_Zip

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gingernuts/blitz_anim.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 10:02 AM
Thank you Harry for the reply.
I did not specify previously that i'm concerned with level bombers.
The fact is that if they are AI controlled, then they bomb exactly the point where i placed the g-attack waypoint (no specific target, etc.), which is what i want. If I control the leading plane, no way (to me) to make them behave in that way, they resemble diving bombers as soon as i order them to attack.
Anyway, i'll check the topic you suggested,
thank you again http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 11:48 AM
rosaenrico wrote:
- Hi all,
- i can't make bombers in my formation drop their load

ROFL /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
I'm... sorry. I just couldn't resist.
Nothing constructive to say unfortunately, carry on...

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Ehm, ehm, may be something involuntary funny in my words?
(I'm not english, so the language...)
Oh damn, just posted same words in another forum, oh damn...

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Dropping your load can be taken as an euphamism for crapping or going to the john, hence the rofl. For some reason, all the German bombers like dive bombing. If you set the altitude way too high for them to dive bomb,say above 5000m or so. They should level bomb then.

http://www.student.richmond.edu/~vk5qa/images/sig.jpg

"Come on in, I'll treat you right. I used to know your daddy."

XyZspineZyX
07-13-2003, 03:51 PM
i hate bombers, just get the fw190 a9 with mk108 cannons and they go BOOOOOOOM, and make pretty fireworks

http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/hurricane_01sm~0.JPG