PDA

View Full Version : Offensive emblems

Tobias96716
08-19-2017, 08:17 AM
Ok, How long does the process take when reporting offensive emblems on the ps4? Because it seems nothing is being done to these people with male genitalia, middle fingers, and nazi emblems. I know a few people will say im sensitive and other ignorance....But anyone at Ubisoft can you verify that anything is being done when people report these emblems of ignorance?

PDXGorechild
08-19-2017, 10:40 AM
Nazi emblems, fair enough.

**** and balls or a middle finger... lighten up mate.

XxHunterHxX
08-19-2017, 10:45 AM
That is the smallest problem this game has

Tundra 793
08-19-2017, 10:59 AM
I will never understand why people have such a dislike for vague artistic interpretations of weewee's and hooha's. In a game where you can graphically dismember people.
That's just... weird priorities dude.

SenBotsu893
08-19-2017, 12:35 PM
the thing is no one is actually Offended by the emblem. i bet he lost against this dude and was just looking for a way to get back at them.

Shakti.
08-19-2017, 12:43 PM
I think the emblem customization is one of the few nice and fun aspect of the game.
You can exoress yourself.... symbolicay the emblems rapresent who you are in this game and i think is healthy that freedom of expressions exist.
So, a lot of people view themself as a **** or a middlefinger what is that annoy you about that:?
YOu are already safe from humuna contact inside your room untouched by the real problems of the world and still you feel not safe enough?

RatedChaotic
08-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Did you also get offended in your health and history classes in school? Theres middle fingers, hoohas, and nazi stuff in those classes aswell.

Halvtand
08-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Ok, How long does the process take when reporting offensive emblems on the ps4? Because it seems nothing is being done to these people with male genitalia, middle fingers, and nazi emblems. I know a few people will say im sensitive and other ignorance....But anyone at Ubisoft can you verify that anything is being done when people report these emblems of ignorance?

Been there, seen that, reported it, seen it again... As with many things like this I think it's mostly an issue of quantity. Ubisoft won't get up and do something for one report, but once a player gathers a certain amount of reports they might look into it. So if you do come across the same guys with the same emblems over and over again just keep reporting them. Sooner or later Ubi will have to take a look.

Nazi emblems, fair enough.
**** and balls or a middle finger... lighten up mate.

Still offensive and against the For Honor Code of Conduct.

That is the smallest problem this game has

But a problem that needs to be solved.

I will never understand why people have such a dislike for vague artistic interpretations of weewee's and hooha's. In a game where you can graphically dismember people.
That's just... weird priorities dude.

The issue is mainly that one this does not equal another. While many players (I presume) bought this game to see how many skulls can be severed with an axe in the least amount of time, they did not sign up for a parade of nazi symbols, genitalia and offensive gestures. Nor would it be ok to have this in the game just because there is blood in it. Also, it is against the Code of Conduct for this game, Ubisoft's priorities.

the thing is no one is actually Offended by the emblem. i bet he lost against this dude and was just looking for a way to get back at them.

Doesn't matter. The Code of Conduct specifies which types of symbols are forbidden.

I think the emblem customization is one of the few nice and fun aspect of the game.
You can exoress yourself.... symbolicay the emblems rapresent who you are in this game and i think is healthy that freedom of expressions exist.
So, a lot of people view themself as a **** or a middlefinger what is that annoy you about that:?
YOu are already safe from humuna contact inside your room untouched by the real problems of the world and still you feel not safe enough?

Yeah, that freedom of expression you're talking about is directly breaking the Code of Conduct drawn up by the creators of this game. You can try to insult the OP all you want, but having emblems like that is simply not allowed in the game at this point.

Did you also get offended in your health and history classes in school? Theres middle fingers, hoohas, and nazi stuff in those classes aswell.

Again. One thing does not equal another. One is in a controlled educational environment where people are being taught about these things. The other is in a video game about who-would-win. Yes, we've all seen these things, we all know what they are, but apparently not everyone has a clear grasp of where they belong.

Luckily Ubisoft seems to at least have a clue as they've forbidden such imagery in their game.

Link to the Code of Conduct (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1548873) - educate yourselves before you start insulting people.

RatedChaotic
08-19-2017, 05:09 PM
OK ill put it in a video game context for ya then. Medal of Honor Spearhead on PC....Everyone on the german team had nazi symbols above their heads. I didnt see any complaints about that. I just dont let it bother me. Its all in the past. Haterz will be haters. Look at virginia taking down historic monuments just because people are offended by the Confederate Ideology. Yet as a proven fact there are more slaves now then back then.

UbiInsulin
08-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Hi all! I'm closing this thread before it gets too off the rails.

In regards to OP's original question, we absolutely take actions against offensive emblems per the FH Code of Conduct and our ToS. More information on how to report players can be found here (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026238/For-Honor-Report-a-Player-FH-PC-XB1-PS4). Thank you!