PDA

View Full Version : Devs, Ive been thinking...

akilyoung
08-18-2017, 01:16 PM
I always feel really limited by the border for creating really nice terrain.

Would it be possible to have TWO borders, the normal one to build in, and an expanded one to extend the terrain into, So we can build bigger more realists scenery and terrain off into the distance?

ALSO

Can we get a fence system based on the spline nodes used on streets and paths?

Basically, click and drag the spline and the fencing you selected extents, the posts are always vertically upright, and the bars/fencing material between them are parallel with the ground beneath, like in real life, if that makes sense. If we could have a selection of fences to choose from (like in the collection system, ect) such as chain link, farm fence, white picket, cattle fence, rustic fence, road barricade, concrete wall, and the list goes on.

This would be in addition to the standard fence assets. This would really help prevent floating fencing, and speed up the process of placing each fencing asset, not to mention making it look more smoother!

It would set like this
https://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/195004/181324361/stock-photo-green-grass-and-blue-sky-along-a-fence-line-and-pasture-during-autumn-in-horse-country-lexington-181324361.jpg

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-18-2017, 02:35 PM
Good idea, with the fence. it would sure would speed up editing and have a neater look.

It could be used for walls, water streams and zip lines too. Just drag it to make it as long as you want it.

akilyoung
08-18-2017, 04:18 PM
Thanks guys, I just figure these would be easy to implement and would take memory to use, especially the terrain one

Fallen-Champ
08-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Thing is you guys forget how slow and cumbersome the vehicles were in FC2 there were only 6 of them and at the slightest bump they burst into flames or needed repairing, the boats were either too slow or difficult to get on and off and the glider often got sent into spins / somersaults for no reason plus overall player movement was slow.

So with FC5 we have a wingsuit, lots more vehicles that are faster than those in FC2 player movement is also faster so you can cover ground a lot quicker - although it seems like we get less numbers we can cover more land at pace so I think big maps could still work and could be fun.

akilyoung
08-19-2017, 01:20 AM
For sure, just moulding terrain doesn't add much to memory.

Heres to hoping for map sizes 16 times the size we had previously.

16x BIGGER! lmao you crack me up Simon....that would be bigger than the size of the FC3 map !!!! XD

Fallen-Champ
08-19-2017, 04:15 PM
I believe they confirmed a welder for FARCRY5 like Battlefield's welder for repairing and burning people.

Did Kyle say you could already do that in FC3 and FC4 I have not tried, still for stealth it is a good thing especially if it's a player on the opposite side so engrossed in sniping that they don't know you are there - If I get the chance I will be lighting them up and will post it on here to name and shame the campers who took their eye off the ball :)

Snipers - hate everything about em - only when I am in their sights, if they leave me alone I will be their friend for life ;)

akilyoung
08-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Yes, Steve, you can. Once you have the tool, a certain button uses it, cant remember which one though.

You can start grass fires to kill enemies, burn them directly, set buildings on fire , animals, etc

Steve64b
08-20-2017, 03:11 AM
obviously you couldn't place asset rocks or any objects etc
Hmmm, I think that's possible already in Far Cry 4?
At least, for a 64x64 grid size beyond the map limits, see:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/GGssfID.png

Note to the devs: Perhaps you could consider enabling dragging objects into the 'Vista box'; once the object goes beyond the map limits, toggle the object's 'CGraphicComponent\bBackdrop' property to True. While it may have a big impact on performance, it would enable any object from the object_inventory to be usable in Vista's. :)

akilyoung
08-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Steve, yup youre right, even in FC2 and 3 I used to do that in almost all my maps to create decor in the background. You wouldnt know unless you looked in the IGE.

I used to place boulders way out there, with houses on them, and they looked fine from the player perspective, but from up above they looked like they just hovered in space.

Matter of fact, I almost never build a map to look good from up above, I only make it look good from the player perspective, so I always have hovering assets, unused terrain, non painted areas, etc.

Take a look at my map on FC3 PC (its under my old bulletproof143 account) called Old World Order. Youll probably laugh at how it looks from up above...

akilyoung
08-22-2017, 02:59 PM
That be nice to have buildings and what not beyond the map limits.

You can do that, have you tried it? You can push stuff out quite a bit if you want too.

Farcryisdead
08-22-2017, 03:06 PM
I love creating my own backgrounds, it's one of the most important things in map design from a visual standpoint. i put alot of effort into my backgrounds. my aim in all my maps is to have players just stop in the middle of a MP match and take in the views and think WOW nice work. very rewarding to get messages from players about my backgrounds.

SABRETOOTH1971
08-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Would love to have more than one player zone. With one for each game mode you could make a large map and shrink or enlarge each zone for each mode, using different parts of the map, or over lapping.