PDA

View Full Version : Extend block duration on assassins

XJadeDragoonX
08-17-2017, 09:13 PM
I keep having issues blocking attacks because I'll see the attack coming, put my guard up, but by the time the attack hits, my guard expired already. The guard will also drop after succesfully blocking attack at times. So even if there is time remaining in the guard, it will go away so consecutive attacks from the same direction require a refresh on guard. Maybe increase the time it stays active to 1500ms?

CandleInTheDark
08-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Speaking as someone who mostly plays assassins, I understand why it is the way it is and wouldn't want it changing any. We have the best dodges, we have deflects, we pretty much get to dictate the terms of the fight because we can get in and out with minimal risk, a good block is what everyone else gets. I tend to dodge rather than block, quite often that leads to a punish for their missing.

High-Horse
08-17-2017, 09:27 PM
I keep having issues blocking attacks because I'll see the attack coming, put my guard up, but by the time the attack hits, my guard expired already. working as intended. You have to time your blocks correctly. It's not as hard as parrying, but not as easy as having perma-guard.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-17-2017, 09:51 PM
That mobility has a cost my friend

TheTKOShow
08-17-2017, 09:59 PM
Honestly the gladiator has a shield and a dropping guard really tho.

Would love superior block on dodge, like the kensi
Or a Buf to deflects, there hard as wow to pull off

High-Horse
08-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Honestly the gladiator has a shield and a dropping guard really tho.

Would love superior block on dodge, like the kensi
Or a Buf to deflects, there hard as wow to pull off

I feel like they have an appropriate amount of power for the effort already.

SwellChemosabe
08-17-2017, 10:54 PM
Assassin main here, and I can't say I agree. Yeah it sucks learning it at first but assassins have so many other benefits that giving them an even longer duration to block might make them a bit OP. It just takes practice, it'll get easier over time. I've been maining assassins since release and honestly it's made playing other character types easy as **** to play as, as far as blocking and parrying goes.