PDA

View Full Version : Bravo on Battle of Britain decision !!!

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Greetings Oleg!

I was completely thrilled today to learn that you and Ubisoft have agreed to produce the ultimate Battle of Britain flight simulator as well as an expansion pack for IL2:FB !!! Congratulations and thank you!!!

I am 55 years old and knew some real Battle of Britain pilots. The Battle of Britain during the summer of 1940 was to me the most important victory in defense of Western civilization since the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC. Hitler's inability to invade Britain by sea was caused by the RAF's defeat of the Luftwaffe in its attempt to pave the way for the landing forces. Hitler then turned his malicious attentions to your homeland to attack his great ally, Stalin, and the Russian people. This change in direction permitted the preparations in Britain for the Anglo-American landings on Normandy in June 1944 allowing allied troops to join in the fight with their Russian cousins against murderous fascist tyranny on European soil.

In the past, Lucas Arts, Microprose and Rowan have produced Battle of Britain simulators. Like Falcon4, Rowan's product was quite poor until improved by dedicated volunteer simmer-programmers in the flight sim community. Knowing that you will be leading the new project, we will all be eagerly awaiting news of the progress of the simulation as we did with IL2 Sturmovik, which I had the privilege to Beta test for you.

I would like to offer my help in any way possible as a contribution to this extremely important work.

Once again, my heartiest congratulations and deepest apprectiation to you for taking on this challenge.

Neill D. Graham
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Greetings Oleg!

I was completely thrilled today to learn that you and Ubisoft have agreed to produce the ultimate Battle of Britain flight simulator as well as an expansion pack for IL2:FB !!! Congratulations and thank you!!!

I am 55 years old and knew some real Battle of Britain pilots. The Battle of Britain during the summer of 1940 was to me the most important victory in defense of Western civilization since the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC. Hitler's inability to invade Britain by sea was caused by the RAF's defeat of the Luftwaffe in its attempt to pave the way for the landing forces. Hitler then turned his malicious attentions to your homeland to attack his great ally, Stalin, and the Russian people. This change in direction permitted the preparations in Britain for the Anglo-American landings on Normandy in June 1944 allowing allied troops to join in the fight with their Russian cousins against murderous fascist tyranny on European soil.

In the past, Lucas Arts, Microprose and Rowan have produced Battle of Britain simulators. Like Falcon4, Rowan's product was quite poor until improved by dedicated volunteer simmer-programmers in the flight sim community. Knowing that you will be leading the new project, we will all be eagerly awaiting news of the progress of the simulation as we did with IL2 Sturmovik, which I had the privilege to Beta test for you.

I would like to offer my help in any way possible as a contribution to this extremely important work.

Once again, my heartiest congratulations and deepest apprectiation to you for taking on this challenge.

Neill D. Graham
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Hey...i'm also from Montreal, Quebec, Canada..great to meet you here. Well i'm from Terrebonne to be accurate. Je Parle Francais, etant ma langue maternelle.

Well Yes.. Battle of Britain brings fresh air. It will be awsome to fly over the english chanel to shot your enemies.

It's a real good idea to make a game, where others failled. IL2 is a great example of what Ubi Soft & 1C Madox games are able to make. No doubt that the BOB sim will immerge us into the battle.

Thx !!

S~

XyZspineZyX
10-07-2003, 06:11 PM
hi Matt,
same to me ..in the historical 'Red Baron' Flight-Club in Germany.
...big chance for 1C.M-team to form a genre hit..

MattArgo wrote:
- Greetings Oleg!
-
- I was completely thrilled today to learn that you
- and Ubisoft have agreed to produce the ultimate
- Battle of Britain flight simulator as well as an
- expansion pack for IL2:FB !!! Congratulations and
- thank you!!!
-
- I am 55 years old and knew some real Battle of
- Britain pilots. The Battle of Britain during the
- summer of 1940 was to me the most important victory