PDA

View Full Version : Spam posts

RoosterIlluzion
08-17-2017, 08:22 AM
Ubisoft, I'd appreciate you cleaning up the forums, and preventing spam posts please.

SwellChemosabe
08-17-2017, 08:50 AM
This is a pretty regular thing. almost like clock work. I log in most nights and right around midnight is when the spam bots start up, ubisoft generally cleans them up a couple of hours later. Then the bots start showing up on the R6S forums.

Sneaky-Patches
08-17-2017, 09:02 AM
The mods clean it when they are on, but they must be in a different Timezone as the forum Is always full of spam when they must be hopping off. Must suck for them to clean it every day, I would pull my hair out...

Why can't they fix it though, it's been 6 months, have these spam bots really gotten that good?

UbiNoty
08-18-2017, 01:22 AM
We could try to prevent it by having much stricter posting restrictions, but that would only make it harder on you all and I'm pretty sure that bots would find a way around it somehow.
When you're running bots and just brute forcing everything from account creation to random spam posts, something is bound to squeeze through the cracks of any defense system.

Make sure you report spam posts so even if the regular mods are off, hopefully someone should be by the get it cleaned up.