PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator - the first good balanced DLC character.

FinnOfTheHorde
08-15-2017, 08:20 PM
I think I can say it: Gladiator is very good balanced dude compared to Centurion. Even if there is only few hours of him in game Gladiator is not OP. No Centurion 2.0. More like finally good DLC character against OG characters ^^

Lyskir
08-15-2017, 08:25 PM
agree

his feintgame is fast but he has no free dmg after punsh u can even dodge the zone and block the attack

dodge punch free GB
dodge UB heavy after a chain free GB
BLOCK dash light attack free GB LOL xD

he is more like a valk^^

bmason1000
08-15-2017, 08:31 PM
And it seems that when you're pinned, getting hit by a different enemy unpins you. That is amazing.

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 08:33 PM
All of this is good to hear, hopefully we won't have as much salt over the dlc this season and the devs can get the 4v4 stuff fixed with the centurion. That, servers, further improving the defensive meta fixes and fixing the damn unlock tech will all be big steps.

Knight_Raime
08-15-2017, 08:36 PM
glad to see people are starting to already see this.
I knew he'd be fine.
But that's not going to stop people from complaining about him.
i'd be really suprised if highlander gets called overpowered.

Arekonator
08-15-2017, 08:38 PM
And it seems that when you're pinned, getting hit by a different enemy unpins you. That is amazing.

Centurion needs this treatment since the start.

Sir_rage_quit
08-15-2017, 08:52 PM
So far i really enjoy the new hero , i still hate the cent and the vortex spamer
Lets go highlander

bmason1000
08-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Centurion needs this treatment since the start.
Yeah, you still stagger because you ate an attack but you're not just hangin out gettin wailed on.

Helnekromancer
08-15-2017, 09:00 PM
Glad feels good but i have problems fighting Highlander since he can sit back and crush counter me or throws out his armored heavies, in which if i get hit by one my glad will not block/parry/dodge the other.

GrimBlitzer
08-15-2017, 09:40 PM
If anything Highlanders damage could use a little more, I don't mean drastic, just a little more on certain hits.

SenBotsu893
08-15-2017, 09:53 PM
a bit early to make a good judgment.

yes compared to centurion seems fine at the moment... but compared to centurion everyting seems fine.

but give it some time till everyone can go wild on the new characters and we will get a clearer picture.

S0Mi_xD
08-15-2017, 10:31 PM
But there is one thing that is pretty OP, if you toe pin an OOS enemy he will get knocked down .... happened to me and not he had no Revenge

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 10:34 PM
But there is one thing that is pretty OP, if you toe pin an OOS enemy he will get knocked down .... happened to me and not he had no Revenge

That is an intended part of his kit, it is on his movelist.

That leads to some nasty possibilities come to think of it, dodge a few heavies or a zone, dodge and buckler smash to finish their stamina, toepin, heavy.

Lyskir
08-15-2017, 10:43 PM

yep its inteded but it has very short range

just walk away from him when OOS u dosnt even have to run, it cant reach u

SirPizzario
08-15-2017, 10:55 PM
Now the another problem - he needs to get shortspear, proper helmet and quilted armor and pants, get renamed to "Man-at-arms" or something to, I dont know, fit the faction he is in? Completely out of place and, therefore, doesnt feel badass or cool in any way.

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 10:58 PM
Now the another problem - he needs to get shortspear, proper helmet and quilted armor and pants, get renamed to "Man-at-arms" or something to, I dont know, fit the faction he is in? Completely out of place and, therefore, doesnt feel badass or cool in any way.

The story mode made clear that the Romans exist down south and the art team gave their reasoning behind them and the Highlander as introducing them as allies of the core faction, and you know what, theg aldiator and the highlander are both fun characters so eh no complaints there at all, we are already suspending disbelief enough to accept that knights, vikings and samurai are on the same battle field in the same time period to begin with, this isn't that much further a stretch as you are making out.

Claudius_Katt
08-16-2017, 01:09 AM
The story mode made clear that the Romans exist down south and the art team gave their reasoning behind them and the Highlander as introducing them as allies of the core faction, and you know what, the gladiator and the highlander are both fun characters so eh no complaints there at all, we are already suspending disbelief enough to accept that knights, vikings and samurai are on the same battle field in the same time period to begin with, this isn't that much further a stretch as you are making out.

I agree,
I like the Roman characters,
Makes things different and interesting,
I'd also really like it if the Huntress when she is released is a bad *** Scottish lass like Highlander,
Would be really cool to have two Scots roaming the battlefields.

As for Gladiator feedback, I'm enjoying playing her and find her pretty balanced so far but it is early days so we'll see what its like in a week or two.

On a side note too Level 3 Glad bots are nightmare fuel,
Not impossible but severely brutal,
you have to get a parry to beat them, they deflect and dodge attack everything you throw at em.
I'm sure I'll find a way to best them though.
Best get back to practising.

UbiJurassic
08-16-2017, 01:22 AM
Glad to hear your initial impressions are positive, everyone! I've personally enjoyed playing as him so far. He just might replace Shinobi as my alternate to Peacekeeper. ;)

S0Mi_xD
08-16-2017, 02:01 AM
That is an intended part of his kit, it is on his movelist.

That leads to some nasty possibilities come to think of it, dodge a few heavies or a zone, dodge and buckler smash to finish their stamina, toepin, heavy.

yep its inteded but it has very short range

just walk away from him when OOS u dosnt even have to run, it cant reach u

Ah ok, thanks :) missed that part ^^
Sometimes it tracks me down if i dodge, but maybe my timing is bad ^^

SplugeKing
08-16-2017, 02:25 AM
Well he definitely has more in his kit than others. If he is going to have a oos knockdown then it should be slower than what it is. Zone is now easily the best in the game. But I learned to play cent I'll learn how to kick his *** too

Auztinito
08-16-2017, 03:50 AM
I find Highlander to be the most balanced. Gladiator is a PK/Centurion mix with Soft Feints(shouldn't be in-game),absurd tracking, and a stupidly fast pin move.