PDA

View Full Version : What a piece of crap!!!

tuddy117
08-15-2017, 01:17 PM
I finally sit down at the end of a long day to play some PS4 and after 10 minutes get booted out of "For Honor" because of maintenance. I'm only playing the single player mode... every other game in history has allowed me to play single player without interruption.

What an absolute joke!!!

I will NEVER NEVER buy another Ubi Soft games.

Stand up for yourselves people and dont take this crap.

Charmzzz
08-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Are you serious? Season 3 was announced for weeks. And which Singleplayer game with Multiplayer focus lets you play during Server Maintenance?

tuddy117
08-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Yes I am... You're just too young to remember when games just worked.

Rep30Lawbro
08-15-2017, 01:26 PM
No, you just seem salty. There was so much prior warning that this would happen, and it has happened at every other major update this game has seen.
Of course things are going to be down for a while at the start of the new season. Rainbow Six, while admittedly doesn't have a campaign but still has a single player element goes offline for server maintainence. The Division was the same. You should of known this would happen when you bought a game that explicitly outlines you MUST have internet connection. So perhaps you are the young one who needs to think before they post.

Sir_rage_quit
08-15-2017, 01:28 PM

i understand why your angry but now in this generation of multiplayer focused game it happen alot.

thornh
08-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Take it easy there bud. We're right in the middle of the huge season 3 update. It's going to be down for about an hour or so.

GMG Peter
08-15-2017, 01:34 PM
Yeah just wait for it. The patch notes are huge this time. It will be back up in 30 minutes. (I hope lol)

tuddy117
08-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Well I'm afraid I only got this game a week ago and contrary to your advice I have received "ZERO" warning this maintenance would occur.

If you want online gaming then fair enough... deal with the server down.

BUT its absolute crap that singe player modes cant continue when servers are down.

I work in IT and I can tell you it just boils down to crappy programming, you are being forced to accepting a lower quality product/experience...

So this is the future hey? Enjoy your downtime boys, because I remember a time when I could game all night :)

Tundra 793
08-15-2017, 01:48 PM
So this is the future hey? Enjoy your downtime boys, because I remember a time when I could game all night :)

The future is always online, get with the times old man.

Naw seriously though, game should be back online soon.

tuddy117
08-15-2017, 02:00 PM
:cool:

Charmzzz
08-15-2017, 02:20 PM
I am 35 and I still cannot remember any Multiplayer PVP focused game with a Singleplayer Campaign that did not have Maintenance Window for everyone.
Your rant about crappy programming is a joke, right? In every Multiplayer PVP game that DID NOT HAVE a server side authentication and verification there were massive amounts of cheaters. In For Honor even your Singleplayer progress is saved in the "Ubi-Cloud" because otherwise there would be a Day-1 cheat to get the rewards for completing the Story on realistic mode.

tuddy117
08-15-2017, 02:31 PM
And when was the last time you accessed Facebook or YouTube and got a server down error???

Back to coding school for you I'm afraid.

My point is it doesn't have to be this way. You're being "served" up the lazy option...

Epiphone34
08-15-2017, 02:32 PM
Most multiplayer focused games, especially triple A, actually work. It is not months of drawn out bs and excuses.

Charmzzz
08-15-2017, 02:40 PM
And when was the last time you accessed Facebook or YouTube and got a server down error???

Back to coding school for you I'm afraid.

My point is it doesn't have to be this way. You're being "served" up the lazy option...

Wait, you compare a Videogame to Facebook and Google? I cannot stop laughing. Compare it to WoW, which is a Prime-AAA-Title. Even they have Server Maintenance for Major Updates. What's your next crappy argument?

Charmzzz
08-15-2017, 02:42 PM
Most multiplayer focused games, especially triple A, actually work. It is not months of drawn out bs and excuses.

That is NOT the point of discussion here. The point the OP wants to discuss is that an Online Multiplayer PVP focused game should NOT have Server Maintenance for its little Singleplayer part when Major Updates are implemented. That is BS, too...

Epiphone34
08-15-2017, 02:48 PM
Well since i paid for this game just like you did i guess the point of the discussion would be whatever the f i want it to be. You can take your capital LETTERS and cram them up your cram hole.

Charmzzz
08-15-2017, 02:52 PM
Ah well, I got trolled I guess. Just little kids ranting online, SSDD.

Epiphone34
08-15-2017, 03:03 PM
I love the amount of assumptions you have made thus far. My original response was in agreement to what you were saying initially and I added that it’s a triple A comment as it should avoid many of the issues that have plagued it. But of course, since you took it upon yourself to correct me that is why you got the response you got. Sorry to disappoint but just because I add to what you say and it doesn’t fit in to your category correctness doesn’t imply anything about my age only that you jump to conclusions and try to nit-pick responses that were in agreement to you. Maybe you were just trolling yourself.

RatedChaotic
08-15-2017, 05:25 PM
Imagine being one of the gamers here that havent been able to play the multiplayer since release because of game crashes. And you want sympathy for not being able to play single player for an hour because of maintenance? ........Epic

The changes may effect single player aswell. Hense why you cant.

FluffyRocket32
08-15-2017, 07:02 PM
@OP I was about to bash you in a serious way but since everyone was faster on that than me, I'll take a rather...silly approach;

MAINTENANCE ON THEIR OWN SERVERS???!!

HOW FOCKIN' DARE THEY ENSURING THAT THE SERVERS FUNCTION PROPERLY BY MAINTAINING THEM??!!

HAND ME MY TORCH AND PITCHFORK!!

High-Horse
08-15-2017, 07:14 PM

You mean like before network gaming was a thing? Because even back then, I had to blow the dust out of the cartridge sometimes. Every game I've ever played never "just worked," they were all built by humans and all had their problems.

bmason1000
08-15-2017, 07:51 PM
You mean like before network gaming was a thing? Because even back then, I had to blow the dust out of the cartridge sometimes. Every game I've ever played never "just worked," they were all built by humans and all had their problems.
I pulled out the old nes a few months back to get down on some drinks and mario 3 with a buddy...my lungs hurt by the time we got it working haha