PDA

View Full Version : Highlander or Gladiator

DrinkinMehStella
08-15-2017, 09:42 AM
Both look really difficult to master especially high lander with that offensive/defensive switch mix up.

I would like to main gladiator because he looks really cool, and I like his boxing type stance and movement.
But highlander looks like he could be the new cent when you master his mix ups.

What everyone going to main Glad or lander?

Dude_of_Valor
08-15-2017, 09:48 AM
Both look strong, but hard to judge from what I have seen.

rastassin
08-15-2017, 10:02 AM
Deffinitely Highlander since i am a viking and a big fan of big 2H weapons. Also i have all type of mains except hybrid so he is perfect for me :D
Go Vikings!

Claudius_Katt
08-15-2017, 10:57 AM
I was keen on centurion when he was first announced but didnt end up choosing him since he was genderlocked and I generally prefer to play female characters so I'm pretty keen to try out the Gladiatrix.

Knight_Raime
08-15-2017, 11:36 AM
Gladiator. I mainly 1v1. Highlander while having tools in 1v1 seems more suited for team play. and since a lot of his moves require precise timing I don't think he's anything compared to centurion (where you really only need to learn timing on his soft feint mix up.)

Gladiator has so many mix up options and combos. the zone is a nasty 1v1 tool that looks hard to punish.
I had heard he had a feat for non duel modes where he creates a mini arena around him and one other person. they both take 300% less damage and deal 300% more damage while in the circle. This is sort of supposed to create a 1v1 and prevent people outside the circle from ganking. If this is true I might actually attempt 4v4 more often.

Claudius_Katt
08-15-2017, 11:47 AM
I had heard he had a feat for non duel modes where he creates a mini arena around him and one other person. they both take 300% less damage and deal 300% more damage while in the circle. This is sort of supposed to create a 1v1 and prevent people outside the circle from ganking. If this is true I might actually attempt 4v4 more often.

OMG I sincerely hope thats true.

Tyrjo
08-15-2017, 12:02 PM
I have a feeling Highlanders unblockable heavies (which are slow as hell) are going to be parried, alot. That move is probably not going to be very usable.

Knight_Raime
08-15-2017, 12:07 PM
I have a feeling Highlanders unblockable heavies (which are slow as hell) are going to be parried, alot. That move is probably not going to be very usable.

They will be. Due to the games current mechanics the only way a highlander is going to do anything to someone is if he sits in defensive mode and occasionally mixes his moves into other moves in offense. he straight up will not be able to commit to any attack in offense unless he's throwing it out to trade.

Highlander is going to be hard to get confirmed damage without playing reactionary.

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 01:14 PM
When I am able to pick another character up (I have around 15 rep points I want to get this season to have gear on characters to fill different 4v4 roles so it might be I do this in season 4 alongside a season 4 hero) I will be giving the gladiator a rep point at least, looking at his gameplay, he is the closest character yet that I would consider rivalling the peacekeeper as my main.

One thing I would ask people to consider is once you have the update downloaded, practice fighting as (if you have season pass) and against (season pass or not) both of them in custom matches, because if those intending to main them are smart, they will have figured out their mixups before taking them into pvp and from my experience in taking shinobi into battles day one is when there is such a gap between what you know about a character, the person on the wrong side of that equation gets wrecked. So before calling for nerfs (and I am not in any way saying there will be none needed) make sure it isn't as much a learn to play thing.

Rep30Lawbro
08-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Highlander will be my main to start off with as I'm a Viking man through and through, traced my family line all the way back to Denmark during the Viking era. Once I do master him though I defs will be playing Gladiator, as his boxing stance and movement looks wicked IMO.

I am a little worried that Gladiator looks to be the stronger hero generally, and that the Highlander is weaker in terms of damage output ratio and speed. Only time shall tell though, as I have heard people say that Glad is the 1v1 hero while Highlander will be the new 4v4 meta.

thornh
08-15-2017, 01:46 PM
I am a Viking and Highlander will be my main in Season 3. I will definitely play as both characters though. Last season I got Cent up to Rep 5 and Shinobi up to Rep 1 but eventually fell back to my original Viking crew. Just need to get Valkyrie up to Rep 7 and all my Vikings will be Rep 7+ so I can get Legendary gear. I hope to get Highlander to Rep 7 this season.