PDA

View Full Version : Is the game dying?

Blazej_222
08-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Hi! I played For honor during open beta and free weekend, and I must say I love fight mechanics. I am thinking about buying the game, but my friends say there are 2 main problems
1)Nobody plays the game, which results in long matchmaking, especially in the 1vs1 mode which is my favourite one
2) There are many problems with Ubi servers. People get randomly disconnected(Yes, I've ran across this problem too but it happened only 2 times, so wasn't that annoying)
Are the problems real? Is it worth to buy the game now? It wouldn't be good thing to buy the game and wait like 1hr for the matchmaking to find smbd to play with.

C00tBAjenkins
08-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Wait times depends on region and platform. The connection issue is mostly isolated to 4v4 mode. I dont have many issues with 1v1 or 4v4 on pc in the usa.

SwellChemosabe
08-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Depends on platform. PC has significantly fewer players. Connectivity isn't so bad and later down the road they'll be adding dedicated servers. I highly recommend this game to anyone, just keep in mind that the longer you wait the steeper the learning curve gets, which is already pretty damn steep.

Blazej_222
08-15-2017, 08:08 PM
I'm playing on PC and live in central europe. I'm really wondering about buying the game, because I've read many negatives opinions about game dying and Ubi doesn't care. The game is exactly what I've been looking for so long, advanced fight mechanics etc. But I'm really afraid of buying the game I'll have problems to play now or in a few months

guor6800
08-15-2017, 08:09 PM
Hi! I played For honor during open beta and free weekend, and I must say I love fight mechanics. I am thinking about buying the game, but my friends say there are 2 main problems
1)Nobody plays the game, which results in long matchmaking, especially in the 1vs1 mode which is my favourite one
2) There are many problems with Ubi servers. People get randomly disconnected(Yes, I've ran across this problem too but it happened only 2 times, so wasn't that annoying)
Are the problems real? Is it worth to buy the game now? It wouldn't be good thing to buy the game and wait like 1hr for the matchmaking to find smbd to play with.

Right now is both a good and a bad timing to get in the game.

The good part is that there is a mechanics revamp in discussion so if you jump in you would get a better time because even the oldest of players would need to get used to these new mechanics and their workarounds so they will be a bit more forgiving. Right now they are guys in there who simply can do no wrong mechanically wise.

The bad part is that probably the game would be in a mess till they implement these changes. As my experience with for honor showcases probably when they first implement this they would be full of every kind of bugs,glitches,"techs" etc and it will take it some time till they sort it out.

Also there is no balance in the roster atm (no idea what the changes would bring in that regard).

My advice is to be on standby for now. Wait for the changes and read some reviews on them. Also dedicated servers coming some time in season 4(currently season 3 has just started if im not mistaken).

If you decide to jump right in all i can say is pick warden or warlord. Warden is very new-friendly and strong and warlord is plain op. Good for getting some starting understatement of the game mechanics without having your *** being handed to you on a plate.

Anyway good fights mate and have fun.

RatedChaotic
08-15-2017, 08:15 PM
First time in a long time I seen more than one mode with high activity. Too bad after people realize the stability is still sh*t. It will change back.Too bad most of the reports from the free weekend were not good ones. Come on Ubi...This game could be better

Blazej_222
08-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Right now is both a good and a bad timing to get in the game.

The good part is that there is a mechanics revamp in discussion so if you jump in you would get a better time because even the oldest of players would need to get used to these new mechanics and their workarounds so they will be a bit more forgiving. Right now they are guys in there who simply can do no wrong mechanically wise.

The bad part is that probably the game would be in a mess till they implement these changes. As my experience with for honor showcases probably when they first implement this they would be full of every kind of bugs,glitches,"techs" etc and it will take it some time till they sort it out.

Also there is no balance in the roster atm (no idea what the changes would bring in that regard).

My advice is to be on standby for now. Wait for the changes and read some reviews on them. Also dedicated servers coming some time in season 4(currently season 3 has just started if im not mistaken).

If you decide to jump right in all i can say is pick warden or warlord. Warden is very new-friendly and strong and warlord is plain op. Good for getting some starting understatement of the game mechanics without having your *** being handed to you on a plate.

Anyway good fights mate and have fun.

Thanks for long explaination! I will just wait now.

However, when it comes to champions the only one I love now is Orochi - he's pretty mobile, very good for 1vs1 fights and it's just my kind of champion. He's really hard, but I somehow managed to win almost all 1vs1 fights I had.

Thanks for all the responses!