PDA

View Full Version : Player Wins Official For Honor Tournament, $10,000 Using Exploit

steampunk07
08-15-2017, 04:33 AM
I hope we all see the irony in someone winning a “For Honor” competition in a strikingly dishonorable fashion. Not just the exploit but that after winning he shot off a “wow this was so easy, I didn’t even practice,” line. Honestly I’m half inclined to think it was intentional. Watch it here (https://eusgamer.blogspot.com/2017/08/player-wins-official-for-honor.html)

Netcode_err_404
08-15-2017, 01:11 PM
All fine.

He is a top player and we are a bunch of noobs.

kappa.

Netcode_err_404
08-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Im disgusted, and everybody should feel the same.

Maaci
08-15-2017, 02:07 PM
We all should take a chill pill. In that article i found

Over e-mail, a For Honor representative told Kotaku that the dev team is aware of the exploit and “will continue to improve the player experience based on feedback from the live game as well as our public test environments.”

They will for sure fix the game because the game hasnt been fixed yet because they havent had any time to do so but now they have time to do so and they will fix it for sure. Because mark my words. Mark their words. Mark the game.

When something is told we for sure can relie on it, just as we could relie on the meta balance patch fixing the game. And rest assure, PR-Talk is not pr-talk, its real talk. Real words.
When someone from a company that has a product which is flawed speaks like this, we can rest assure the game will be fixed because the future, the prophet has told me this in the phone.

guor6800
08-15-2017, 07:39 PM
We all should take a chill pill. In that article i found

They will for sure fix the game because the game hasnt been fixed yet because they havent had any time to do so but now they have time to do so and they will fix it for sure. Because mark my words. Mark their words. Mark the game.

When something is told we for sure can relie on it, just as we could relie on the meta balance patch fixing the game. And rest assure, PR-Talk is not pr-talk, its real talk. Real words.
When someone from a company that has a product which is flawed speaks like this, we can rest assure the game will be fixed because the future, the prophet has told me this in the phone.

Not sure if actually trolling but still good one.

Anyways devs if you reading this stop making fool of yourselves and cut the e-sports crap till the game is actually functional.The video i just watched is just plain appalling and same from the last tournament i observed where it were all raiders and warlords running unlocked in circles trying to "tech it".
If i was not feeling bad for the casters who truly tried their best to describe these fights (?) i would have been laughing my *** of.It was indeed LEGENDARY.

Right now with all these tournaments and e-sport stuff you re just showing to public how broken the game is.I don't know what your development team is planning but telling people "hey i have a broken game wanna see it on e-sports?" is at least bad for both the image and reputation of the game.

Netcode_err_404
08-15-2017, 07:51 PM
not sure if actually trolling but still good one.

Anyways devs if you reading this stop making fool of yourselves and cut the e-sports crap till the game is actually functional.the video i just watched is just plain appalling and same from the last tournament i observed where it were all raiders and warlords running unlocked in circles trying to "tech it".
If i was not feeling bad for the casters who truly tried their best to describe these fights (?) i would have been laughing my *** of.it was indeed legendary.

Right now with all these tournaments and e-sport stuff you re just showing to public how broken the game is.i don't know what your development team is planning but telling people "hey i have a broken game wanna see it on e-sports?" is at least bad for both the image and reputation of the game.

so much this

RatedChaotic
08-15-2017, 08:25 PM
I tried to say these tournaments are sh*t shows...People always filling the forums with this player is this tier and this hero is this tier. Its all thrown out the window because of glitches and exploits. This tournament was proof I was right from the beginning. Told ya so....I had to say it.

Antonioj26
08-15-2017, 09:23 PM
I tried to say these tournaments are sh*t shows...People always filling the forums with this player is this tier and this hero is this tier. Its all thrown out the window because of glitches and exploits. This tournament was proof I was right from the beginning. Told ya so....I had to say it.

Who is denying that tournaments are filled with exploits? Anyone with eyes can see they shine a light on the worst parts of the game. Tiers are still a thing, I think you are confusing them to be what determines the outcome of a fight and that's just not true. Characters are better than others, it's just a fact. You have to realize it's impossible to make a game 100% completely balanced and that's what tier lists are. Tier lists are just People taking in the info of the characters and placing them on a scale of who they think are better or worse.

Think of the characters as weapons, a butter knife is objectively a worse weapon than a gun but if you gave the gun to a an elderly woman on her 110th birthday and asked her to fight a marine wielding a butter knife you can probably place your bets on the marine. I think you are lending way too much power to what tier lists are.

SenBotsu893
08-15-2017, 10:08 PM
thats exactly why i am reluctant to play the ranked matches...

even if there are players that wont exclusivly use the exploits i have the feeling i would just fight warlords/raiders/wardens.

because people would still pick characters that would give them the edge to win

Bob__Gnarly
08-16-2017, 12:43 AM
If anyone was still sitting on the fence about this game, I'm sure the tournament helped them make their decision.