PDA

View Full Version : Season 3 - Gladiator Feedback

UbiJurassic
08-15-2017, 02:32 AM
Greetings Warriors,

With the start of Season 3, we know many players are excited to see and use Gladiator on the battlefield. In anticipation of your feedback, we ask that you leave your thoughts regarding balance for the Gladiator here. This will allow us to better organize your initial feedback regarding the hero.

If you’d like to leave feedback regarding the Highlander, you can find the feedback thread for that here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1725463-Season-3-Highlander-Feedback-Forums).

Thanks and enjoy the battlefields!

Rep30Lawbro
08-15-2017, 01:16 PM
The Gladiator is OP! He needs a nerf right before this time next week so the players without the seasons pass don't get to experience how strong he is. The unblockables come out faster than Centurions heavy and heal him just like Shugokis demons embrace. When you get stunned once its game over.

Just kidding 😏 Thought I should make a template for the posts sure to come heheh

FinnOfTheHorde
08-15-2017, 02:39 PM
Gladiator is in my opinion good. Only zone attack can be nerfed a bit but he is ok now. Low dmg but fast attacks. Good HP and stamina.

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 03:13 PM
Gladiator is in my opinion good. Only zone attack can be nerfed a bit but he is ok now. Low dmg but fast attacks. Good HP and stamina.

How is the stamina pool on gladiator? I have about another four hours before I can play with my download speed (a third through now). I did notice in the streams that zone to heavy took more or less the entire stamina pool so in terms of nerf I am guessing that would need to be the speed of it.

C00tBAjenkins
08-15-2017, 04:34 PM
How is the stamina pool on gladiator? I have about another four hours before I can play with my download speed (a third through now). I did notice in the streams that zone to heavy took more or less the entire stamina pool so in terms of nerf I am guessing that would need to be the speed of it.

It's pretty good. 2 zones though and you are OOS. the Regen speed is kinda insane. did a lvl 3 cent battle and cent would be OOS and I would be back before he was half. Super quick dodge. Im horrible at reflex guard so get wrecked pretty hard. If you play assassin though He's a keeper for sure

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 04:38 PM
It's pretty good. 2 zones though and you are OOS. the Regen speed is kinda insane. did a lvl 3 cent battle and cent would be OOS and I would be back before he was half. Super quick dodge. Im horrible at reflex guard so get wrecked pretty hard. If you play assassin though He's a keeper for sure

Yeah I mostly play assassins, I'll definitely be trying gladiator sooner or later, just gearing up characters with more diverse 4v4 roles than find someone and stab them right quick lol. Still I got around seventeen rep points last season and I didn't play for a month of it so will be something to look forward to after that.

Baturai
08-15-2017, 05:44 PM
Bravo, you did it again.. Is this fun ? i mean do you even compare these NeW hEROES TO oTHER ****IN HEROES ?

YOU PISS ME OFF ALL THE TIME, AND I am GETTING DISSAPOINTED EVERYTIME I ****IN PLAY THIS GAME.

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 06:21 PM
People who have problems with the most basic centurion stuff, is going to have problems with the glad.

Because you insisted in adding in UB combo finisher that can be placed at basically ANY part of the basic attack he does, So if people can't deal with easy shi* like centurion Imperial Might heavies coming out at only certain parts of his combo, imagine what people would react like to a foot-stab and gut-stab that can be placed ANYWHERE.

:rolleyes:

The gut-stab can at least be dealt with... but the foot-stab is just way too fast -- and a goddarn MA that can't be parried.

Linnix1
08-15-2017, 06:27 PM
I swear someone's gonna find a infinite with the footstab into knockdown combo. So you basically turn your opponent into one of those kiddie punching bag that always pick themselves up after you hit them.

psyminion
08-15-2017, 06:34 PM
I just hope the 'foot stab' can't kill you when critical. I mean really? an unblockable toe stab and I'm dead?

I haven't played yet - tell me it ain't so

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Yeah the toe stab being so quick and out of nowhere I am not so sure about, the heavy is better than I thought it would be because it is telegraphed to the point if people know to look out for it they should have a chance to dodge it. Deflect is nice, there is good reward there, and people will need to be situationally aware because if they are near or against a wall they are either getting wallsplatted or dazed. Definitely going to be picking gladiator up sooner or later when I have the heroes I want in top gear there.

FinnOfTheHorde
08-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Toe Stab is ok guys. Very small range. Just have a little distance between You and Glad and You are okay. No need to nerf this... I was playing as Lawbringer, warden, HL, PK, Orochi vs Gladiator and this little distanse is pretty good against him. Sorry for my bad English.

fretti21
08-15-2017, 06:43 PM
I just hope the 'foot stab' can't kill you when critical. I mean really? an unblockable toe stab and I'm dead?

I haven't played yet - tell me it ain't so
It is :D but it is easily dodged at least one pk managed to dodge it every time i went for it.

psyminion
08-15-2017, 06:56 PM
It is :D but it is easily dodged at least one pk managed to dodge it every time i went for it.

ok, while disappointed, I guess I'll just have to keep 'gittin' good'er'

thanks for the replies everyone :) hope my download finishes sooon!

TheTKOShow
08-15-2017, 08:28 PM
He is quick, having trouble with the miss sprint to jab but I'll get it.
The guard time is nothing like come on he has a shield

Hunn1k
08-15-2017, 09:51 PM
I hope u made throwing net for gladiator as stunner perk because trident is not complete without it :)

Nikaa47
08-15-2017, 09:59 PM
He doesnt have a net because he is not really historical correct, he is a mix between the hoplomachus and the retiarius.

Oupyz
08-15-2017, 10:06 PM
his zone is pretty strong , i really cannot see it coming maybe a nerf needed ? :/

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 10:13 PM
his zone is pretty strong , i really cannot see it coming maybe a nerf needed ? :/

Given his zone glows orange about half a second before he hits I am not sure how it is difficult to see, it is not as hard as the peacekeeper's and certainly nowhere near the unlocked nobushi you want them not to patch.

FredEx919
08-15-2017, 10:16 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for sharing your first thoughts. we'll be reading through these and sharing with the fight team, so be sure to leave any detailed feedback such as improvements and changes to the fight mechanics, feats, or anything else that you would like to see on the character.

Oupyz
08-15-2017, 10:37 PM
Candle wait till u see a good glad , after start commenting here , u will not see where the attacks are coming from , trust my word

SirPizzario
08-15-2017, 10:42 PM
Gladiator has no place in the game like this, not in that faction for sure anyway.

Why not to add cavemen tribal because they were ancestors/relatives to those Romans who are ancestors of Knights, who will be ancestor to Pirates...

Dear Ubi, please bring back the magnificent beardo on his rightful place.

#FireRoman

Oupyz
08-15-2017, 11:01 PM
Roman is fine , actually i like him .

but ubisoft balance team can s.u.c.k donkey balls

john_gundon
08-16-2017, 01:10 AM
In fact, the gladiator is surprisingly good. He has many wonderful tricks and opportunities, but he is not at all OP, as centurion and shinobi in the first time. The only thing that did not fully understand - often when attacking in a dodge I catch blows.

Trbevis
08-16-2017, 01:27 AM
Definitely not OP. I enjoy playing him, but he can just as easilly get wrecked, highlanders going to be the centurion of this season.

RLTygurr
08-16-2017, 02:34 AM
I haven't played as gladiator much, but I've played against him plenty so I kinda know what I'm talking about here.

Almost everything in his kit is fine. It's balanced, fast, difficult to fight against, but not unfair. The sheer number of light attacks you can output with a few heavies and feints in between is remarkable, but unless you have the War Cry feat on it won't exactly do a ton of damage per hit, although this could change once people get maxed attack gear on him.

The zone attack feels fine, although I worry about his ability to cancel it. It feels like a "get out of jail free" card in case you miss, as there's really no actual punish for using it. Despite its high stamina cost, it's one of those safe moves that people will use in neutral in order to force the fight their way. So I think he should not be able to cancel his zone attack, this makes it much more of a commitment to the move instead of just a punch to bait a guard break attempt to start more light chains.

My only serious issue is his toe stab. It's already being abused heavily in 4v4 and it's becoming just as obnoxious as Centurions were on his release. When you have at least 2 Gladiators roaming together, good luck surviving anything between all of their punches that drain your stamina in a second and skewers that can basically stack on top of each other if you time them correctly. The toe stab just seems unnecessary, as it pushes your opponent backwards without the ability to react, allowing two Gladiators to continuously toe stab you to death in a corner, even while in revenge. I like its ability to knock someone down when out of stamina, and I think that should be the threat that it is used for. Not random poke damage in the middle of combos that you could barely ever react to. It feels like a cheap way to get free damage on your opponent mid-combo.

Alregard
08-16-2017, 03:33 AM
Im agreeing with RLTgurr there. Good post. I like that he has nearly no guaranteed damage, but can still profit thanks to blockdamage and his great followups! Pretty nice. So zone and toe stab should be under watch.

john_gundon
08-16-2017, 05:24 AM
I haven't played as gladiator much, but I've played against him plenty so I kinda know what I'm talking about here.

Almost everything in his kit is fine. It's balanced, fast, difficult to fight against, but not unfair. The sheer number of light attacks you can output with a few heavies and feints in between is remarkable, but unless you have the War Cry feat on it won't exactly do a ton of damage per hit, although this could change once people get maxed attack gear on him.

The zone attack feels fine, although I worry about his ability to cancel it. It feels like a "get out of jail free" card in case you miss, as there's really no actual punish for using it. Despite its high stamina cost, it's one of those safe moves that people will use in neutral in order to force the fight their way. So I think he should not be able to cancel his zone attack, this makes it much more of a commitment to the move instead of just a punch to bait a guard break attempt to start more light chains.

My only serious issue is his toe stab. It's already being abused heavily in 4v4 and it's becoming just as obnoxious as Centurions were on his release. When you have at least 2 Gladiators roaming together, good luck surviving anything between all of their punches that drain your stamina in a second and skewers that can basically stack on top of each other if you time them correctly. The toe stab just seems unnecessary, as it pushes your opponent backwards without the ability to react, allowing two Gladiators to continuously toe stab you to death in a corner, even while in revenge. I like its ability to knock someone down when out of stamina, and I think that should be the threat that it is used for. Not random poke damage in the middle of combos that you could barely ever react to. It feels like a cheap way to get free damage on your opponent mid-combo.

Im agreeing with RLTgurr there. Good post. I like that he has nearly no guaranteed damage, but can still profit thanks to blockdamage and his great followups! Pretty nice. So zone and toe stab should be under watch.

What are you talking about, guys? That is, you do not mind the thrusting warlords, Varden, Valkyries, Justiciers, conquerors, centurions and shinobi? The problem is only that the gladiator can push? That's lol

Redditmember55
08-16-2017, 06:10 AM
The Gladiator is an effective and interesting character. He is totally not OP he has fast regen, but his heavys and longer moves cost a lot of stamina, so the Gladiator is really balanced (don't nerf it), in teamfights he has low health (compared to the heavys and vanguards), guys dont call for the NERF hammer immadietly, the characters are not in the game for one whole day.
I see the real problem in teamfights, when you are against four Highlanders, just tried to dodge two incoming attacks succesfully, then out from nowhere I get cought with Caber toss, to the ground, then in the next second 3 Highlander heavys to my face, and that was it.

My favourite new thing is how the characters are shouting, they have lots of war crys, in competetive this is not good, because you telegraph your moves, but Ubi team, in casual games I'm constantly laughing, when gladiators and Highlanders are shouting Dahma Glass, Brühaha and etc. it is so fun, if you can use funny war crys to the future characters. And do more maps with ballistas and traps, you have add a new feeling to the game, it is really enjoyable

MC_Trouty
08-16-2017, 06:31 AM
I noticed earlier today while fighting a pair of gladiators that if you have revenge mode activated the toe stab can interrupt a throw. Is this an intentional property of the toe stab?

Recklessroyal29
08-16-2017, 06:40 AM
Unnecessarily overpowered, just like the Centurion, numerous unblockables, and you give it a bleed damage on top of that, why? For what reason? Stop showing favortism and make a balanced game.

Linnix1
08-16-2017, 06:58 AM
Him having a shield with decaying gaurd will always throw me off

Helnekromancer
08-16-2017, 07:32 AM
I mostly play Hybrid characters so picking up Gladiator is something new, his long range weapon being only used for close range and his small guard windows gets me killed more often than none. But if feels like i have to put in more work with constant mix-ups while HL just swings aimlessly because either he has super armor behind it or its an unblockable.

When I think about it, HL sounds like a better version of Shugoki, slow as hell but who cares you are throwing out an armored/unblockable heavy so you win every trade.

TheTKOShow
08-16-2017, 07:34 AM
Punch not knocking ppl to ground in revenge, is this intended?

DoT.ExE2_4
08-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Well, first thing i did after logging on was to fight the new heros(bot) 1v1s at level 3, and my does gladiator put up one heck of a fight! I can see why his 4 light combo is called the pest now :P So far, no problems with him. He can be spaced well enough so that the zone's first hit doesn't touch you and dang those toe stabs after sheild bash, those are dirty! Still, credit where its deserved, he's really quite balanced and i dont think theres a need to touch him untill we all get used to him first
P.S.someone's reading those names on those bots, at least i think so....

RenegadeRasta
08-16-2017, 08:28 AM
Female Gladiator has the same running animation as the male counterpart. I don't think women are supposed to run like that. This is also the case with Shinobi.

Did the devs decide to not put in the extra work or something? What gives?

FlyghterDRS
08-16-2017, 08:30 AM
So i play against him in a few matches and what i can say is that hes a bit to quick for the DMG he deals maybe tweak a bit the DMG and the toe unbl (why can this kill me lol ) maybe take the DMG from it let it be a disangage tool .

darkspawn2101
08-16-2017, 09:13 AM
I'll be brief.

He feels too much like you took PK and gave him Cent stuns.

If he has stuns, fine. If he has alot of ungarenteed attacks, fine. But he needs slowed down. That's all there is to it.

GaelonD
08-16-2017, 09:30 AM
Gladiator is a well balanced character, he is not OP, he will be my new favourite warrior.

Knight_Raime
08-16-2017, 09:35 AM
Unnecessarily overpowered, just like the Centurion, numerous unblockables, and you give it a bleed damage on top of that, why? For what reason? Stop showing favortism and make a balanced game.

His unblockable bashes give him nothing guaranteed. His bleed is never guaranteed. except maybe off of a deflect. His toe stab doesn't give anything either unless the person is out of stamina.
Blocking his dodge attacks gives a free untechable GB. Most of his combos simply never happen because they require landing several lights.

You're losing to Gladiator right now is because you don't understand the kit yet. You need to mind game the heck out of your opponent to win.

FinnOfTheHorde
08-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Yup, Gladiator is not OP. U dont need to be git gud to win against him.

DrinkinMehStella
08-16-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't think he's too OP I just think he is really easy to master, I thought wow I've got his mix ups mastered and can chain attacks to kill my opponent in one chain by using his light dodge attacks followed up with unblock able trident stab and then I can just repeat again until dead , it also turns out that everyone knows how to use him as well so my point is he is to easy to use.

Oupyz
08-16-2017, 10:31 AM
he is not only 2 easy , he got many mixup which makes him op comparing to the original poster , the more mixup and options he got + large stamina and decent hp makes it very op to some lackluster heroes

once people say he got more mixup that means he is stronger than the rest of the roster at least when it comes to original heroes

fretti21
08-16-2017, 10:36 AM
I don't think he's too OP I just think he is really easy to master, I thought wow I've got his mix ups mastered and can chain attacks to kill my opponent in one chain by using his light dodge attacks followed up with unblock able trident stab and then I can just repeat again until dead , it also turns out that everyone knows how to use him as well so my point is he is to easy to use.
Yup higer reps knows parry so good luck landing that skewer ub, nothing op in glad and who ever manages to land that 4light 1heavy combo to some one i salute you. Best use is going to be faint the s* out of ppl.

CandleInTheDark
08-16-2017, 11:08 AM

He's marked as an easy hero so I suspect people will get his mixups pretty quickly. What I will say though is that in your example, people will learn to read the dodge as they have the peacekeeper's and that skewer is parryable, I already had a good read on it just from three duels with gladiators last night. I think he is in a good place, his zone is good but it glows orange and is what, about 500ms? Feels that sort of speed, If opponents are reading your skewer, you can change the timing of it in a chain and if they are blocking your lights, a daze attack will help. He telegraphs the right amount that people can read it but it isn't auto-blocked or parried, same with the melee moves, even his stamina pool is justified in that his most effective attacks take up a chunk of it and I have still seen people go OOS against me through overextending. All in all I would say this is the most balanced a character has been at release which only goes to show what Raime said yesterday in that the devs are learning from past characters and from our feedback.

DrinkinMehStella
08-16-2017, 11:31 AM
He's marked as an easy hero so I suspect people will get his mixups pretty quickly. What I will say though is that in your example, people will learn to read the dodge as they have the peacekeeper's and that skewer is parryable, I already had a good read on it just from three duels with gladiators last night. I think he is in a good place, his zone is good but it glows orange and is what, about 500ms? Feels that sort of speed, If opponents are reading your skewer, you can change the timing of it in a chain and if they are blocking your lights, a daze attack will help. He telegraphs the right amount that people can read it but it isn't auto-blocked or parried, same with the melee moves, even his stamina pool is justified in that his most effective attacks take up a chunk of it and I have still seen people go OOS against me through overextending. All in all I would say this is the most balanced a character has been at release which only goes to show what Raime said yesterday in that the devs are learning from past characters and from our feedback.

yes your spot on with the skewer ub, it was good within the first hour but now I'm getting parried every time. I think he's going to be a PK light spammer with kensei feint game because you really have to feint the skewer into light attacks and just use a lot of feinting because at high level plays his skewer and foot stab are easily telegraphed. I really don't think he is OP though.

Knight_Raime
08-16-2017, 11:39 AM
I want to stress that Most of my experience with him so far is against a highlander in private match. I did do roughly 3 ish duels tonight before getting off for the day.
Gladiator feels very good. The stamina pool seems massive but a lot of his/her mix ups are quite intensive stamina cost wise.

Bashes don't guarantee anything. But they do annoy the opponent. You can condition them pretty easily into one thing only for you to say feint the heavy and go for a toe stab instead.
So far gladatior seems very balanced.

That being said I wanted to note a few things:
1) range on attacks feels inconsistent. sometimes my side heavies have good range. sometimes my character refuses to lunge. Same sort of thing with the bleed poke. sometimes it tracks a dodge and has good lunge range. other times it misses and doesn't track. unsure if this is a me issue or a game issue. (happens with toe stab too)

2) zone. it's good. and the stamina cost is more than fair. that being said I think it being cancelable as is might be a balance issue. Maybe it shouldn't be cancelable on a whiff and only on a confirm. I don't know. I don't think it's an immediate issue. But I can see it being the source of frustration. at the moment I don't really see it being punishable. which is never a good thing. but who knows. maybe in a week people will find a way.

3) dodge attacks (A+ RB in any direction) netting a gb when blocked. that's "fine" right now I suppose. But post defensive meta changes that should go. along with anything else that gives a gb on block. imo too much of a reward for defending yourself.

A lot of gladiators chains involve lots of lights. Which I frankly don't see the point of. as even post parry nerf you're never going to land that many lights. It seems to me like they exist strictly for 4v4 modes in gank fights. But still. not very fond of that. at least Gladiator has a light into heavy combo. with out it Glad would be actually underpowered.

S0Mi_xD
08-16-2017, 03:33 PM
Gladiator is pretty good designed, but my problem here is, his dmg is abit to high for his speed.
His dash ights are abit to strong
- they deal 20 dmg, and are as fast as valkyries dash lights

700ms heavies with 30 dmg is abit to much
- they should be 25 dmg

this problem is similar to Centurions dmg, his heavies are 600ms, but do 25dmg.

the rest about Gladiatior is fine

Lyskir
08-16-2017, 03:56 PM
I want to stress that Most of my experience with him so far is against a highlander in private match. I did do roughly 3 ish duels tonight before getting off for the day.
Gladiator feels very good. The stamina pool seems massive but a lot of his/her mix ups are quite intensive stamina cost wise.

Bashes don't guarantee anything. But they do annoy the opponent. You can condition them pretty easily into one thing only for you to say feint the heavy and go for a toe stab instead.
So far gladatior seems very balanced.

That being said I wanted to note a few things:
1) range on attacks feels inconsistent. sometimes my side heavies have good range. sometimes my character refuses to lunge. Same sort of thing with the bleed poke. sometimes it tracks a dodge and has good lunge range. other times it misses and doesn't track. unsure if this is a me issue or a game issue. (happens with toe stab too)

2) zone. it's good. and the stamina cost is more than fair. that being said I think it being cancelable as is might be a balance issue. Maybe it shouldn't be cancelable on a whiff and only on a confirm. I don't know. I don't think it's an immediate issue. But I can see it being the source of frustration. at the moment I don't really see it being punishable. which is never a good thing. but who knows. maybe in a week people will find a way.

3) dodge attacks (A+ RB in any direction) netting a gb when blocked. that's "fine" right now I suppose. But post defensive meta changes that should go. along with anything else that gives a gb on block. imo too much of a reward for defending yourself.

A lot of gladiators chains involve lots of lights. Which I frankly don't see the point of. as even post parry nerf you're never going to land that many lights. It seems to me like they exist strictly for 4v4 modes in gank fights. But still. not very fond of that. at least Gladiator has a light into heavy combo. with out it Glad would be actually underpowered.

agree 100%

mrmistark
08-16-2017, 04:06 PM
Gladiator is actually rather balanced. For the speed of his lights his damage could be bumped down a little, but I need more time to see how he pans out before I put my heart into that statement. other than that his kit is fair from what I see. The stomach stab is easy to parry but rewarding, so the toe stab seems fine to me as the skewer option should be used very sparingly honestly. Stamina pool for now at least seems fine though exhaustion recovery is a bit quick. The zone I feel is also fine but shouldn't be able to feint it. I've been slaying every glad I've run into so maybe I'm just bias cause I haven't been caught in a toe stab spam match yet. Overall this guy is fine so far. The real attention definitely needs to be on the highlander. That poor bastard. His attacks are as slow if not slower than shugoki dealing less damage than a fricken berserker. I know this is about gladiator but seriously, that dude is so underpowered it's sad.

IconicFarmer97
08-16-2017, 04:34 PM
So far I feel the gladiator is a great addition to the game. I'd honestly class him as more of a harraser/disabler than anything else.

Now I'm only level 10 with him at the moment but by this level you should have the general idea of his moveset so am not claiming to be the best by any means.

I like his versatility, and amount of options he has in any scenario. It's a breath of fresh air for once.
Do I think he is OP or broken? Hell no, admittedly there are some things which seem to be quite powerful and possibly "rage worthy" but think logically and he can be punished in quite a lot if ways.
People that get annoyed by him are that way simply because they don't initially like having to learn the fight someone new and that their combos may not work as effectively. Which I think is fine, I feel that some characters should just naturally counter certain parts if other characters, it changes it up and forces people to actually think instead of spamming a certain combo over and over.
He's a new character, it's all timing. That's it. Learn it.
Sure he can deal crazy damage to you with a couple mixups however, again think logically and you realise that it isn't as cancerous/guaranteed as some other characters. *cough* centurion *cough*.

Anyway I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy or anything but I don't feel he is that bad.

Oh and before i forget, my thoughts are to everyone toes, it will be a dark time indeed for them.

Stahlrusse
08-16-2017, 05:40 PM
This was the easiest time I had "owning some noobs" in 1v1 with a new character. It is really easy to get good with the Gladiator and he is fun to play. I assume that is why he is listed under "easy" in the difficulty section. This is true, he is very easy.

tosxmasterr
08-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Made an account to give my 2 cents. Overall the GLAD feels very good. As a Valk main some say the Glad is much better (I disagree) but I could see why.

If your'e an ASSIN main, this is the perfect blend between them and Valk. Like others said, when revenge is popped its straight zone attack spam just like NOBUSHI. It has too much range, speed and recovery time for someone as fast as him. Another thing that might need to be looked at is the daze time for the dodge shield bash. It can connect, the GLAD could throw a heavy and a series of lights before I get my HUD back. Like wtf. Not to mention can connect from virtually anywhere and is UNBLK

Neqva
08-16-2017, 06:44 PM
oh it can kill you, and its freaking hilarious everytime you kill someone with the toe stab :D

Azzie_d.EviL
08-16-2017, 07:47 PM
Gladiator is to much op.
I play shinobi and can do **** against that idiot hero....

Lyskir
08-16-2017, 09:10 PM
Gladiator is to much op.

u are freakin shinobi u cant do **** against every hero XD

i eat shinobis for breakfast with all heroes

My.Insanity
08-16-2017, 10:08 PM
I think bothe Heros are absolute fine.. it only bugs me that the Gladiator is a better Valk .... <.<

iAlwaysL0se
08-16-2017, 10:29 PM
I swear someone's gonna find a infinite with the footstab into knockdown combo. So you basically turn your opponent into one of those kiddie punching bag that always pick themselves up after you hit them.

Lol. the foot stab while OOS is pretty much an infinite. you can trigger it without any other command needing to precede it and when connected, automatically throws your opponent down. I was shameless and abused that on a few people I wont lie lol. knock em down, get some damage, foot stab again, repeat... its kind of sad really but Ubi seems to love and reward cheese smh.. his mix up game is insane.

ItBeJUSTICE1
08-16-2017, 10:54 PM
Gladiators dodge attack needs to stop being the cause of your own death. It doesn't dodge any attacks and that's not okay. What's the point in having a dodge attack if as soon as you hit RB the enemies attack tracks you no matter what. His zone needs a nerf tho

ItBeJUSTICE1
08-16-2017, 10:58 PM
Gladiator is to much op.

I can easily beat gladiators as shinobi. You have to play distance and patiently.

iAlwaysL0se
08-16-2017, 11:01 PM
HORY SHET! Gladiator... GLADIATOR!!!

Fast, tons of combos, reactive defense, plenty of counters, and insane amounts of mix ups and unblockables. Good health pool, great stamina, and after getting him close to rep 1 I had to stop playing as him because I was starting to win too much.. I had the opportunity to fight a few other Gladiators who were pretty good and gave me a run for my money. I have NEVER had more fun fighting in this game than I did with Gladiator. he's going to be a lot of peoples #1 complaint and asks for nerfs next to Centurion because for those player who can't handle a Cent, Gladiator will straight defecate on you and feed on your salted tears!

Kit
Solid kit with a **** ton of combos and every one of them can chain into a heavy for mix ups! UB mix ups, Pins, bleed damage, a straight turtle murderer. Gladiator himself feels like the embodyment of defensive meta change. I will say this, that toe pin is WAAAYYYY too fast like it's almost instant. The only people who dodged it where people those who either A) knew i was going to throw it out by reading me or B) are decent and know how to react to visual cues of UB's. every other player ate them toe pins like chicken noodle soup.

4v4 modes
Even in dominion Gladiator is pretty damn solid. With his speed and versatile kit, he can handle a lot of situations. With his zone attack being an amazing tool to keep people guessing and to step back from you. But, should that heavy out of the punch of the zone be parryable or blockable? Everytime I used this Zone, if someone dodged the punch, they ate the heavy. If they didnt dodge it all then they got a hefty wake up call while I followed that up with more agression. His ability to keep you guessing while applying lots of pressure makes him a force to be reckoned with.

Duel modes
in 1v1's Gladiator excels heavily. Like stated above, his ability to keep you guessing while applying a lot of pressure makes him hard to handle. His pin attacks are great with the gut stab being cancelable is great. He kind of seems almost faster than shinobi in terms of movement aside from attack speed so I'm not sure yet if thats good or bad. and omg the mix ups. every attack can end in a heavy and nearly every attack (with unblockables) can be canceled for more mix ups. His parry game is pretty much like Cent and Warlord dishing out plenty of stamina damage and health damage. his deflect is really strong being able to pin, bleed, and throw you around.

Overall

The Gladiator's fun factor is high. He has to be my new favorite hero to play as and feels like something more of what the original hero's should have been, tough fighters with versatile kits to keep fights interesting and reward your skill with a hero. I know **** tons of people will cry that Gladiator is too OP because of his endless mix up options and UB's and that hilarious toe pin. Gladiator kind of seems to have the best of all the heros in him. I do feel that the toe pin can be a tad bit slower as that thing can just shoot out like a snake strike at times but it does very little damage. but if you're OOS then you're in trouble with the toe pin. his side step lights seem extremely fast as well, almost too fast because there was a few times I fought another Glad only to have a side step light fight and when I would try to bait the other player to doing it, he could still connect his hit before I could end my feinted heavy and go for a deflect. I would often start the animation to side step but would already be getting poked in the face but could just be i was not fast enough. as for now, my brain feels too mushy to pick at for more feedback. perhaps I'll update this later...need sleep.. so sorry for long post and sorry if I make little sense or sound redundant.

Yoshimitsu_440
08-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Ive noticed that quite a few people have said already that after dodging an incoming attack with gladiator u still get hit by that attack. As if tracking is different against gladiator. I played against centurion earlier and I swear I got hit by every kick, jab, punch and even that jumping attack of his. I think they need to look into it

Reinborn
08-17-2017, 12:08 AM
I would like to reflect on some of his moves people seem to be concerned with;

Zone attack - there is a significant delay before he launches the zone and most importantly, his shoulders glow orange a bit ahead of time so you can dodge backwards and if gladiator doesn't feint the follow-up hit, you can parry it and punish him. Someone correct me on this but I believe Valk's zone attack is not feintable, is it? If it is not, then Gladiator should also not be able to feint his zone, to be fair.

Toe stab - the damage is really low to begin with and while it is unparryable unblockable, it can only be landed only if the target is as close as it can get. Also, if the target is OOS and is knocked down by this, another toe stab cannot be landed and the target has a window of opportunity to dodge it and punish even while being out of stamina by guardbreaking and landing a light attack.

Skewer unblockable - the indicator for parry is slightly delayed just as it is with Highlander's heavy attacks so be patient and don't throw in your parry prematurely, of course, you can dodge as well.

I think that compared to Season 2's Centurion and Shinobi, Gladiator is well balanced as I've been defeated miserably by experienced players with an ease and had to mix-up my combos thoroughly to be able to fight back. On the other hand, I think Highlander is a bit underwhelming, I haven't played him as excessively as Gladiator but I've fought many and they need some love.

He is, of course (as it is with every new character), a real pain in the arse to deal with if you don't know his moveset but when you do, it's predictable and I am afraid that it won't take too long (probably by the end of this month) and people will get used to Gladiator well enough therefore any changes this much ahead of time aren't needed.
Despite playing this hero a lot in the past 2 days, I have to be a bit critical about his toe stab in 4v4 - it's naturally annoying if you keep getting pinned to the ground by two Gladiators or pinned in place by two Centurions' charged heavy attacks.

I won't lie if I say that I don't see much wrong with this hero (other than what I've mentioned in the last paragraph) as of now.

Helnekromancer
08-17-2017, 02:08 AM
I would like to reflect on some of his moves people seem to be concerned with;

Zone attack - there is a significant delay before he launches the zone and most importantly, his shoulders glow orange a bit ahead of time so you can dodge backwards and if gladiator doesn't feint the follow-up hit, you can parry it and punish him. Someone correct me on this but I believe Valk's zone attack is not feintable, is it? If it is not, then Gladiator should also not be able to feint his zone, to be fair.

Toe stab - the damage is really low to begin with and while it is unparryable unblockable, it can only be landed only if the target is as close as it can get. Also, if the target is OOS and is knocked down by this, another toe stab cannot be landed and the target has a window of opportunity to dodge it and punish even while being out of stamina by guardbreaking and landing a light attack.

Skewer unblockable - the indicator for parry is slightly delayed just as it is with Highlander's heavy attacks so be patient and don't throw in your parry prematurely, of course, you can dodge as well.

I think that compared to Season 2's Centurion and Shinobi, Gladiator is well balanced as I've been defeated miserably by experienced players with an ease and had to mix-up my combos thoroughly to be able to fight back. On the other hand, I think Highlander is a bit underwhelming, I haven't played him as excessively as Gladiator but I've fought many and they need some love.

He is, of course (as it is with every new character), a real pain in the arse to deal with if you don't know his moveset but when you do, it's predictable and I am afraid that it won't take too long (probably by the end of this month) and people will get used to Gladiator well enough therefore any changes this much ahead of time aren't needed.
Despite playing this hero a lot in the past 2 days, I have to be a bit critical about his toe stab in 4v4 - it's naturally annoying if you keep getting pinned to the ground by two Gladiators or pinned in place by two Centurions' charged heavy attacks.

I won't lie if I say that I don't see much wrong with this hero (other than what I've mentioned in the last paragraph) as of now.

Yep already noticed it about 10 hours in, on Xbox . I think everyone is getting used to fast characters, sure toe stabs and sucker punches are obstacles but other than that he's just another assassin who is going to side dash ALOT. At first some attacks will work once or twice but now moves like your side attack or your lunge, or the bleed stab attack are easily avoided and you get punished so now what i see are Gladiators doing alot of mix-ups. Which is something I don't see alot on xbox since mostly those who do that play strictly 1v1. But to do dmg to people you constantly have to get in their head and stay a step ahead because you don't have alot, you have options but the longer the fight the less those options become so you have to improvise and do weird toe stab mix-ups just to keep your opponent from gaining momentum, the dmg is just a bonus.

I'm using bamboolzed more because I'm afraid of my top heavy getting parried.

Stahlrusse
08-17-2017, 08:46 AM
I can easily beat gladiators as shinobi. You have to play distance and patiently.

The worst enemies of any assassin are other assassin classes.

Proctorex
08-17-2017, 09:16 AM
These new warriors are way more balanced then in S2, both of them have good moves but each new hero can be easily punished, so they are great fighters, well balanced, and they ara not OP, no need for any NERF, just wait some weeks and learn their moves. We had the same problems in S2 and after some weeks we could handle the DLC characters. Watch some Youtube videos for their kit, practice against them, and before the end uf august each of us will know how to counter Highlander and Spartacus/Gannicus/Crixos

The new characters are not OP. no need for the nerf hammer, just keep that in mind.
Have a good time while playing FH

Chazzdp
08-17-2017, 10:39 AM
The Gladiator is OP! He needs a nerf right before this time next week so the players without the seasons pass don't get to experience how strong he is. The unblockables come out faster than Centurions heavy and heal him just like Shugokis demons embrace. When you get stunned once its game over.

Just kidding 😏 Thought I should make a template for the posts sure to come heheh

Your obviously a gladiator. In the right hands nothing can beat it. I'm not a game designer so i don't know hot to fix it, never the less its so broken. A gladiator with a faint game can pick apart anything.

Brucey_B
08-17-2017, 10:40 AM
I very much like the gladiator. I feel their biggest downfall is their guard time. It needs to be increased to match the original assassins.

Other than that, amazeballs 😁👌🏻

Brucey_B
08-17-2017, 10:42 AM
These new warriors are way more balanced then in S2, both of them have good moves but each new hero can be easily punished, so they are great fighters, well balanced, and they ara not OP, no need for any NERF, just wait some weeks and learn their moves. We had the same problems in S2 and after some weeks we could handle the DLC characters. Watch some Youtube videos for their kit, practice against them, and before the end uf august each of us will know how to counter Highlander and Spartacus/Gannicus/Crixos

The new characters are not OP. no need for the nerf hammer, just keep that in mind.
Have a good time while playing FH

I couldn't agree more!

Chazzdp
08-17-2017, 10:43 AM

Literally just had that happen on my Highlander. He's to slow to dodge it. If you time it right he can't get up.

High-Horse
08-17-2017, 03:51 PM
Coming from a Berserker, Glad is absolutely nuts. Such a fun class, she has an answer for everything. Her feint game is better, feels faster and there's a ton more options to keep the enemy guessing. I wouldn't change a thing until players get used to the timing. This isn't Cent 2.0 at all, I actually have a blast learning and fighting against them. These new heroes are a breath of fresh air, and the original cast could be brought up to their level.

Good job!

KripledxxNiNja
08-17-2017, 04:08 PM
I agree completely with this. I'm a REP 63 and I grinded out the last couple of days with Gladiator to REP 3. His blocking mech. are complete garbage. Anyone that spams light will destroy him it's impossible to consistently block with him. His side step attacks both light and punch have sh!t for tracking. If you and your opponent both side step and attack you will never hit your target but your opponent will connect with ease. And YES every character in the game tracks the **** out of your dodges. I had a peace keeper do a complete 180 turn in her lounge attack and hit me. the old characters have busted tracking on him/her. I could live with the side step problems I could work around that but the blocking needs to be fixed. His blocking disappears faster than a opponents attack takes to make contact. I've never had this kind of problem with any of my assassin heros before. He is an awesome character and I think UBI actually did a good job for once in creating his move sets they are really fun and great for mix up combos. The love child of Centurion and Valkyrie would be my new all time main but you can't play a hero that can't block or dodge. There has also been a few times that gladiators attacks do not register (No hit) when attacking someone on the ground.

Dawson9705
08-17-2017, 07:09 PM
It seems like the gladiator cant evade an attack by dodging the attack still lands no mater where i dodge to, like the kensi top unblockable, i wait for it to tur orenge then i dodge left or right to counter but the attack hits me regardless. Ithink if it could be change so dodge works the same for him like other assassins it would help to balance against ublockables.

Helnekromancer
08-17-2017, 07:19 PM
What is up with the Gladiators guard switches? It feels like i can't block 2 hits in a row. Berzerkers who swings in every direction, if I don't parry the first swing I can't block the rest, same with Valk but on my Nobushi this is never a problem.

High-Horse
08-17-2017, 08:04 PM
What is up with the Gladiators guard switches? It feels like i can't block 2 hits in a row. Berzerkers who swings in every direction, if I don't parry the first swing I can't block the rest, same with Valk but on my Nobushi this is never a problem.

What seems to be the case is that the reflex timing is very short and the dodge seems to be interrupted by attacking just like Nobushi, so you can't just Block attacks and you can't just dodge, it seems like you have to do both. Feels like defense and countering is heavily reliant on reaction and mixing defenses. Reflex has to be timed more carefully and using dash attacks/jab has to be done carefully. I've never felt more able to swat and dodge attacks while countering nearly instantly, there's a lot of control once you get a feel for it.

Helnekromancer
08-17-2017, 08:21 PM
What seems to be the case is that the reflex timing is very short and the dodge seems to be interrupted by attacking just like Nobushi, so you can't just Block attacks and you can't just dodge, it seems like you have to do both. Feels like defense and countering is heavily reliant on reaction and mixing defenses. Reflex has to be timed more carefully and using dash attacks/jab has to be done carefully. I've never felt more able to swat and dodge attacks while countering nearly instantly, there's a lot of control once you get a feel for it.

Thanks I think I understand my situation alot better now.

FlyghterDRS
08-17-2017, 10:39 PM
All of you that say he is good are probably glad players and all i can say is that now that you like him you guys say he is good and all that **** but after you will return to other chars you will see that he is to OP he is another cancer to this game like cent he light into toe then disengage then wait for you to attack then punch you and again the same **** oh and im sorry if i offend your precious but some one had to say this .

Tobias96716
08-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Hit box's seem to big...i can dodge and be out of harms way but still get hit...

Also causes me to get stuck in random environmental areas in all maps...

Makes me ledge myself by attacking near ledges.....

Lyskir
08-18-2017, 01:14 AM
It seems like the gladiator cant evade an attack by dodging the attack still lands no mater where i dodge to, like the kensi top unblockable, i wait for it to tur orenge then i dodge left or right to counter but the attack hits me regardless. Ithink if it could be change so dodge works the same for him like other assassins it would help to balance against ublockables.

yeah his dodge is very strange

Ianoneshot
08-18-2017, 01:35 AM
Gladiator is really balanced! Good job ubi!

Ianoneshot
08-18-2017, 01:36 AM
All of you that say he is good are probably glad players and all i can say is that now that you like him you guys say he is good and all that **** but after you will return to other chars you will see that he is to OP he is another cancer to this game like cent he light into toe then disengage then wait for you to attack then punch you and again the same **** oh and im sorry if i offend your precious but some one had to say this .

This ALLLLL depends on you're fighter. Some gladiators are patient while other aren't.

Helnekromancer
08-18-2017, 03:41 AM
What I went back to my Nobushi and it was a breeze killing people, Gladiator is fun but it's hard suriviving against even 2 people, while Highlander just swings away because he has either super armor or unblockables. Just swing and forget. -.-

Claudius_Katt
08-18-2017, 07:24 AM
Thoroughly enjoying Gladiator as both a player and opponent.
He is a challenge to battle but the fights dont seem tedious or agravating, his attacks can be countered and most can be punished,
Playing him is fun and he feels like he has an answer to most situations which is great but his tiny guard window makes his block's and parries dangerous and his lowish damage attacks make him feel fair, a good counter to his mixup power.
I will likely still main Warden because I just love my Warden but Gladiator will likely be my go to Assassin for any assassin orders.
Only thing I can see as a possible problem is his ability to cancel his zone after the first hit in any situation,
Perhaps making him only able to cancel if the first attack hits would be more appropriate to make its use more tactical,
Its still early though and we're all still getting used to fighting the new heroes so probably best to give it a few weeks and see what happens.

S.J.Lannister
08-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Funny class to play.

Compared to Centurion he is not OP. Still Gladiator has better kit than most of Vanilla Heroes.

Class is fast, wasp style (like every assassin). The only things is - blocking. Almost useless because block indicator disappear too fast. In duel you need to be super aggressive or have super reflex. In other modes when you must stand 1vs2, 3 or 4 blocking is totally useless (you don't have any chance, Highlander has better kit for that).

I hope that you will do something with block indicator timing. It should be equal with Peacekeeper or Orochi (like HP pool is equal).

Draghmar
08-18-2017, 11:28 AM
I hope that you will do something with block indicator timing. It should be equal with Peacekeeper or Orochi (like HP pool is equal).
Why? Serious question. Why it should be buffed with all the punishing dodges he can perform?

S.J.Lannister
08-18-2017, 11:45 AM
It's not a buff, it's a fix.

For now you can see it as a buff. But in near future everyone will learn how to punish him and Gladiator won't be able to block successfully compared to other Assassins. Second thing is other modes. When you face 2 players in Dominion as a Gladiator you don't have any chance to even take them some time before they kill you. Of course unless you have super reflex but this class is designed as easy to play. Not easy to play when you have spiderman sense :)

S.J.Lannister
08-18-2017, 12:52 PM
I don't think he deserves a trade between fix-nerf. Like I said his guard need a fix, not a buff. That's a fact.

Gladiator seems to be just okay, just for now. He is new. We need to look into the future, which isn't bright with this lack of defense.

Draghmar
08-18-2017, 01:24 PM
And isn't Shinobi's guard have the same timing?

S.J.Lannister
08-18-2017, 02:36 PM
And isn't Shinobi's guard have the same timing?

I don't know and I don't care because Shinobi is totally different character. He isn't suppose to be easy to master. He isn't Assassin Melee Fighter (he is mixed melee - ranged type Assassin). So if Shinobi has different guard timing he is excused.

Also he was nerfed to the ground. Now he is broken Assassin so maybe he should get Orochi/Peacekeeper/Berserker guard timing aswell. With other deserved buffs.

Draghmar
08-18-2017, 02:54 PM
Hm, ok. From what I know each assassin has different guard timing. That's a additional way of balancing. Shinobi should focus on dodging and blocking should be harder for him. Maybe Gladiator is also designed in a way that he should avoid being hit this way or another?
Shinobi was nefred, that's true. But I don't think lingering his block would make him better in any way. And I think same goes for Gladiator. Just because his labeled as easy doesn't mean that you get faceroll class to play with.

S.J.Lannister
08-18-2017, 06:02 PM
Hm, ok. From what I know each assassin has different guard timing. That's a additional way of balancing. Shinobi should focus on dodging and blocking should be harder for him. Maybe Gladiator is also designed in a way that he should avoid being hit this way or another?
Shinobi was nefred, that's true. But I don't think lingering his block would make him better in any way. And I think same goes for Gladiator. Just because his labeled as easy doesn't mean that you get faceroll class to play with.

Shinobi maybe was intended for dodging and blocking since he has good long range kit. Gladiator hasn't. Better guard won't make him faceroll class to play with. That's my opinion.

High-Horse
08-18-2017, 06:14 PM
I really like Glad's block, it's like the only thing that's actually difficult about her. I haven't experienced any bugs besides normal latency.

Knight_Raime
08-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Funny class to play.

Compared to Centurion he is not OP. Still Gladiator has better kit than most of Vanilla Heroes.

Class is fast, wasp style (like every assassin). The only things is - blocking. Almost useless because block indicator disappear too fast. In duel you need to be super aggressive or have super reflex. In other modes when you must stand 1vs2, 3 or 4 blocking is totally useless (you don't have any chance, Highlander has better kit for that).

he doesn't need blocking at all. he's got range. which means you need to be better at spacing. On top of that you have several stuns with bashes. AND you can create space both with toe poke and the bleed stab. You are correct in that him having a better block wouldn't make him OP. but it would make him even easier to play than he already is. and it's frankly not needed.

I don't struggle to block at all with glad or shin's reduced guard time. I don't even need to block most of the time.

II LYC4N II
08-18-2017, 08:49 PM
Theres nothing at all balanced about the gladiator. Its heavies are faster than the Orochi's light attacks, do more than the Conqueror's charged heavies... And have the smallest parry/block window of any attack. They can Spam Haymakers and insta-break your stamina nonstop. Plus its stamina management ability lets you spam unblockable attacks all day. This class is utterly broken. Then pair all of that with the massive latency issues because the dedicated servers arent up yet and the fact that people gank like theres no tomorrow and we have huge issues. No one can honestly say the gladiator is balanced. Ive played countless hours with him and ive never lost a duel or fight at all while playing him. Theres something wrong with that. Every class should have a learning curve. The fact that someone can pick this class up with no experience whatsoever and dominate people that have been playing since launch should speak for itself. Its broken.

II LYC4N II
08-18-2017, 08:51 PM
Yes it can kill you.... Its utter ********

High-Horse
08-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Theres nothing at all balanced about the gladiator. Its heavies are faster than the Orochi's light attacks, do more than the Conqueror's charged heavies... And have the smallest parry/block window of any attack. They can Spam Haymakers and insta-break your stamina nonstop. Plus its stamina management ability lets you spam unblockable attacks all day. This class is utterly broken. Then pair all of that with the massive latency issues because the dedicated servers arent up yet and the fact that people gank like theres no tomorrow and we have huge issues. No one can honestly say the gladiator is balanced. Ive played countless hours with him and ive never lost a duel or fight at all while playing him. Theres something wrong with that. Every class should have a learning curve. The fact that someone can pick this class up with no experience whatsoever and dominate people that have been playing since launch should speak for itself. Its broken.

It's marked "Easy" because that's what it's like to jump in and do well. It's also brand new, so there is a learning curve to defend against it. It's been pointed out many times that it gets almost no guaranteed damage and it's highly punishable. You just can't turtle against it because it was built to destroy turtles, just like all the new heroes.

Tobias96716
08-18-2017, 09:10 PM
Yup something is definitely wrong with his hit box...dodging left and right you still get hit about roughly 60% of the time...deflect does not go off all the time even though you timed it correctly....

II LYC4N II
08-18-2017, 09:25 PM
1: you cant turtle in for honor. There are only Two heros with "Actual Shields" the Warlord and the Conqueror. That both gain absolutely no benefit by turtling as you call it.

2: any hero has the ability to guard break you at any time. (Which i highly disagree with. A simple bump to the shield or front of a fully guarded enemy with full stamia should not result in a guard break. Guard breaks should only be possible on enemies with low or no stamina at all.) Which again makes turtling ineffective and borderline impossible.

3: 9 out of every 10 matches i play, the enemy team is ganking 3v1 nonstop at any given time. Which makes turtling or playing defensive in any way result in almost immediate death.

4: This game is supposed to be skill based. Every DLC character released has been borderline broken and overpowered. You can stunlock and spam anyone to death with any DLC character and theres little to nothing the other player can do to stop it. Even if you block or parry any DLC characters attacks you will be immediately guard broke and shortly after you will be dead. All of the DLC characters are blatantly and intentionally overpowered.

4: you cant use the entire "Well you dont have to buy the DLC to get them, you can buy them with steel you earn from matches". Argument. The amount of steel required to get them is absurd. You get so little steel for completing orders and matches you pretty much have no choice than to spend real money to get them. Which is pay to win hands down considering how broken and easy these characters are to use.

5: Have you played a full team of Gladiators ? The match is lost before it even starts. I have close to a 2.0 kda and a 40% win rate. Im a great player. And i cant beat anyone that is using a gladiator. Ive seen gladiators consistently three to four shot shigoki and warlord players. That is way too much damage for a character that hits that fast. Why play as slow characters that are supposed to hit like a truck when a light fast gladiator can outdamage every other character in the game except for the highlander ?

6: im not saying nerf him into the ground. But he does need a damage decrease for how fast he is. And the slower characters definitely need a damage increase now. These new DLC characters have made heavies useless. We cant play defensive and even with feats we cant out damage them. So either buff all heavies across the board to do more damage and able to defend better, or nerf the damage of the gladiator.

II LYC4N II
08-18-2017, 09:29 PM
Thank you. Even if you time blocks and parries perfectly the gladiator cant still hit you a majority of the time.

High-Horse
08-18-2017, 09:40 PM
1: you cant turtle in for honor. There are only Two heros with "Actual Shields" the Warlord and the Conqueror. That both gain absolutely no benefit by turtling as you call it.

2: any hero has the ability to guard break you at any time. (Which i highly disagree with. A simple bump to the shield or front of a fully guarded enemy with full stamia should not result in a guard break. Guard breaks should only be possible on enemies with low or no stamina at all.) Which again makes turtling ineffective and borderline impossible.

3: 9 out of every 10 matches i play, the enemy team is ganking 3v1 nonstop at any given time. Which makes turtling or playing defensive in any way result in almost immediate death.

4: This game is supposed to be skill based. Every DLC character released has been borderline broken and overpowered. You can stunlock and spam anyone to death with any DLC character and theres little to nothing the other player can do to stop it. Even if you block or parry any DLC characters attacks you will be immediately guard broke and shortly after you will be dead. All of the DLC characters are blatantly and intentionally overpowered.

4: you cant use the entire "Well you dont have to buy the DLC to get them, you can buy them with steel you earn from matches". Argument. The amount of steel required to get them is absurd. You get so little steel for completing orders and matches you pretty much have no choice than to spend real money to get them. Which is pay to win hands down considering how broken and easy these characters are to use.

5: Have you played a full team of Gladiators ? The match is lost before it even starts. I have close to a 2.0 kda and a 40% win rate. Im a great player. And i cant beat anyone that is using a gladiator. Ive seen gladiators consistently three to four shot shigoki and warlord players. That is way too much damage for a character that hits that fast. Why play as slow characters that are supposed to hit like a truck when a light fast gladiator can outdamage every other character in the game except for the highlander ?

6: im not saying nerf him into the ground. But he does need a damage decrease for how fast he is. And the slower characters definitely need a damage increase now. These new DLC characters have made heavies useless. We cant play defensive and even with feats we cant out damage them. So either buff all heavies across the board to do more damage and able to defend better, or nerf the damage of the gladiator.

1. That's literally the meta right now. Don't attack, wait for a chance to parry and counter attack. That's turtling the sole focus of rebalancing the game.

2. That's not how this game works. You can CGB at just about any time they can GB, and if not then you got grabbed during recovery/startup. That's how it works.

3. Where's your teammates? Or do you keep thinking you can take on 3 players by yourself?

4. They just have more options based on player feedback. If anything, more options requires more skill to manage, so seems like things are going in the right direction. Now if only the original heroes can get a similar facelift.

4? More like it's not that different from other games that charge for DLC, except they give you the option to buy it with internet monies instead of real money.

5. I mostly duel. 4v4 is always going to be a cluster of crowd control, which they're addressing. It's teamwork based, so use your team and don't get salty when the enemy uses their own team. If you're a great player, you can beat a gladiator. No one is supposed to be able to win 1v2+ anything when both parties are skilled.

6. Damage seems fine, if on the low end, especially considering the speed. The biggest damage comes from the slowest, most telegraphed attacks that scream in letters made of fire, "PARRY ME!" We just need more time and practice.

II LYC4N II
08-19-2017, 04:52 AM
1: i dont ever see anyone sitting back and waiting to parry and/or counter. Latency is so bad even perfectly timed blocks/parries end up being wiffed and you being hit anyway.

2: counter guard breaking has the exact same problem from latency because of the servers not being live yet. Even if you time a counter guard break perfectly youre still gonna get guard broken. One yellow bar is all it takes for everything to be screwed.

3: i solo queue mostly. I tend to run into less gank squads and full teams that way. So i cant just cry out for help when i get ganked. 99% of the time im in a 1v1 kicking *** and out of nowhere i get butchered from behind by his 3 team mates. I rarely find good matches but i do find them here and there.

4: all of the vanilla heros need to be polished out a bit. They need some buffs to even them out with the dlc characters. Especially heavies. For the slowest most telegraphed classes they deal **** for damage. Im a raider guy myself but ive taken a liking to the conquerer recently. I love playing it. Its a fun class and you dont have to play as a cheesy ***** to do well with it. But his damage is so low. I mean his fully charged heavy hurts if you cant dodge the entire 3 second wind up and swing but it is too easy to dodge and see coming from a mile away. Hes one of the slowest and lowest damage heros in game. Now because of how theyve screwed up blocking/parrying hes lost the only good thing going for him was defense. And he never really had a great health pool. His feat buffs his damage to where it should be by default. They need to make heros able to compete with DLC characters. And right now we really cant.

kweassa1
08-19-2017, 07:05 AM
1 & 2 : your connection sucks.

3 : your problem in game management

4 : of 3 heavies, 1 is considered OP, 1 is considered strong, and 1 is considered mid tier

Tobias96716
08-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Yup Stagger recovery is bugged or to slow...Beserkers are picking up on this and doing that "berserker rush" that is random hits with hyper armor and once hit you are locked in a perpetual state of stagger animation...Anyone who can spam lights will lock you down and there is nothing you can do....You cant recover fast enough to block or dodge....This is on Ps4

Helnekromancer
08-19-2017, 07:40 PM
Yup Stagger recovery is bugged or to slow...Beserkers are picking up on this and doing that "berserker rush" that is random hits with hyper armor and once hit you are locked in a perpetual state of stagger animation...Anyone who can spam lights will lock you down and there is nothing you can do....You cant recover fast enough to block or dodge....This is on Ps4

Berserkers, Valks, even Highlander. His only opener which everyone on Xbox uses constantly like Shinobi's double dash kick. If it hits me my Gladiator will not block or parry the next oncoming hit from him which is a super armored top heavy. I play mostly Nobushi so I'm used to trusting my Block, but i guess i need to more practice with using Assassins. Even when i get a succesful deflect and use my bleed their next attack still hits me. So Super Armor beats Unblockable? Had the same thing happen with kensei, deflect his first attack but because he went into his side heavy which have armor he wins the trade. Playing defensive against these super armored characters is very dicey and if i go offensive they just power through my hits because super armor.

Maybe I have to just hit them with my shield if my deflect but that doesnt do dmg unless i have Haymaker and after they get hit they are back to full health and back to square one again. With this super armor dance.

II LYC4N II
08-19-2017, 08:28 PM
1: my connection is amazing. No dedicated servers is the issue not my 100 mbps connection that is hard wired and always has perfect ping with a maximum of 50 ms pf ping at any given time.

2: the new characters are broken. Everyone sees it. The only ones who are too proud to admit it are the people that main the DLC heros because of the fact they are OP.

3: wtf does game mamagememt have to do with characters being unbalanced ? Just to clarify i run a 2.0 kda with the Conqueror... And i win 40+% of all my matches. And i play purely solo. So with that in mind im a great player. I know how to play. And do very well even with the very underwhelming Conqueror hero who i still say needs a buff. Theres nothing wrong with my internet, my skill, or my understanding of anything. And after seeing your profile i see you main a gladiator. Now i know why youre here. Youre crutch is at risk of being taken away..... Blocked. Get rekt.

Knight_Raime
08-19-2017, 11:18 PM
1: my connection is amazing. No dedicated servers is the issue not my 100 mbps connection that is hard wired and always has perfect ping with a maximum of 50 ms pf ping at any given time.

2: the new characters are broken. Everyone sees it. The only ones who are too proud to admit it are the people that main the DLC heros because of the fact they are OP.

3: wtf does game mamagememt have to do with characters being unbalanced ? Just to clarify i run a 2.0 kda with the Conqueror... And i win 40+% of all my matches. And i play purely solo. So with that in mind im a great player. I know how to play. And do very well even with the very underwhelming Conqueror hero who i still say needs a buff. Theres nothing wrong with my internet, my skill, or my understanding of anything. And after seeing your profile i see you main a gladiator. Now i know why youre here. Youre crutch is at risk of being taken away..... Blocked. Get rekt.

1) dedicated servers do not fix lag. they just prevent host advantage and match dropping (if they are good servers) 50 ping is average. not amazing. and 100 what. down? up? You sound like your connection is average.

2) No. No one sees it. and you haven't given any solid evidence to support either statement. other than "hur dur fast attacks hur dur unblockables." Going around from here to youtube and twitch and to the for honor reddit the opinion I see on gladiator is he's balanced. And the only potential problem thing he has is his zone. And going around to all of those places again the most common thing I see is highlander is underpowered or worse than kensei. So either a good majority of the community suddenly became dlc mains over night and are plotting against you and the few who see the "truth" or you're just crying.

3) No one cares about your stats. Especially if you play majorily 4v4. No one is a dlc hero main after a few days of play. That's not how it works. Hilarious insults aside nothing either from the devs side or the moderators side has mentioned even anything close to gladatior receiving any changes. So "at risk" is not only a hilarious statement but also false.

Dawson9705
08-20-2017, 04:49 PM
I feel the same way i cant even evade the kensi top unblockable

Herbstlicht
08-21-2017, 09:07 AM
PS4 Player here. I personally think the Gladiator is very, very powerful. His toestab is like a 50/50 on pretty much everything he does. Dodging into attacks or bash makes for an incredibly strong options, especially when you learned his dodge timings. Those do not seem as bad as players make it to be by the way. If people ever played Nobushi .. well, thats a weird dodge. Gladis is way better.
Overall, he feels very nice. Attacks flow, he is speedy, swift and oh god, all these options.
Today, I would say he is fine except for Toestab. Thing is: I am personally not used to possibly evade after everything he throes at me. But at the same time I do know, that I might get used to it at some point and he won't be so scary any longer. Further, to accentuate this point: I mainly do enjoy Highlander right now, though he seems rather meh in comparision. However, as a Highlander, I use my dodge way less then with say Kensei or Orochi. So I won't be screaming out for a nerf just yet.

One thing btw I can say with conviction: Way better to play against then Centurion. Despite his strong and even some stun moves, you are not getting knocked out of your shoes for prolonged time. So definately an improvement :)

Jab_Jab_Wins
08-21-2017, 11:23 AM
Having lots of fun with the gladiator. I am ok with the small window for blocking, but as others have mentioned before, it feels inconsistent when receiving light attack chains.

Also with regard to the dodging, while playing with other classes I can dodge solidly but with the gladiator I am finding it very hard. I get hit quite a lot despite trying different timings, it feels like the gladiator is easily tracked down (I don't have this feeling with other classes).

When playing against the gladiator I am not having any issues so far, it is easily punished if you know his moves.

Claudius_Katt
08-21-2017, 12:08 PM
With regard to the dodging, while playing with other classes I can dodge solidly but with the gladiator I am finding it very hard. I get hit quite a lot despite trying different timings, it feels like the gladiator is easily tracked down (I don't have this feeling with other classes).

I've almost got my Gladiator to Rep 2 now and I have to say after having a few games with him I'd have to agree,
I dont think his guard timing needs any attention because he isnt really supposed to be blocking, but his dodge seems off,
With Berserker, Orochi, Warden, Conqueror and even Nobushi I can consistently dodge most attacks but with Gladiator it proves near pointless most of the time,
I have a feeling his hitbox is glitched as even when I've dodged with absolute perfect timing I often still get hit in extremely odd ways,
Just two games ago I dodged out of a Berserkers zone attack to the side and watched as she spun straight past me into the distance while I continued to take hits as if she was right in front of me despite being way out of her attacks reach and her needing to stop and turn around to come back and fight me again, its just weird?
Other than that and maybe removing the cancel from his zone attack I'd say he is pretty balanced based on what I've seen.

Claudius_Katt
08-21-2017, 05:01 PM
Oh and can someone please tell me that the crotch bulge and Bigshow man face on the female Gladiator is an unintentional glitch thats being fixed soon cause that would be great🙂

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6uuw5e/this_is_glads_face_yes_both_female_and_male/

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/6uz9pp/petition_to_get_femglads_man_face_and_man_meat/

Netcode_err_404
08-22-2017, 01:46 AM
I just foresee gladiator beeing the king of the game after parry nerf.

An assassin with 50/50 8 unblockables and fast attacks ?

What could go wrong ?

Sekiro...
08-23-2017, 02:22 AM
His zone attack is a cheap guaranteed hit: fast and unblockable (can be parryed?)
The only way to avoid this is foresee when the zone is coming and dodge

Fuscina Ictus is another cheap move: unblockable, unparryable and is very easy to be misrecognized as a Skwer.
But Its not all, this move can knockdown you when you are out of stamina... Seriously UBI??

I hope it dont take too long to be fixed

xxparadis3xx
08-23-2017, 09:34 AM
when I fought the gladiators while waiting for it to come out for the non season pass players i realized that I got alot of free lights on the gladiator as a Valkyrie main. Thought nothing of it because New character so everyone sucks with him.
So once he came out I immediately tried him out because some say he's a Valkyrie 2.0. After a few duels I began to understand why I got so many lights on gladiator. The reflex guard is buged. Seriously, cents, warlords, valks, Peacekeeper, Orochi, all can get a combo of a gladiator. No one else noticed? His dodge also seems to be buged but that's not a problem.

T.h.e.Notorious
08-23-2017, 12:52 PM
This is the most powerful assassin and even maybe hero from all classes at the moment. He's not that annoying like centurion though. I don't want to be one of these screaming players wanting nerfing without any will of learning how to fight gladiator.
However my suggestions for this hero :
- fix his broken zone. Don't give him free hit. He's fast enough...
- he has a lot of hp. Only 5 less than highlander for instance. Keep it but give 25 more for highlander.

Except that he is very powerful and probably the best at the moment even after nerfing the zone. He's not unbeatable though!

Bazze10
08-23-2017, 01:21 PM
I like him very much. But I feel he lacks defensive capabilities. His block is almost as short as Shinobis. He is also a free GB after blocked dodgeattack like Valk. This makes him very vulnerable to ganking.

In 1v1 he is fine though.

Also he looks pretty stupid while running. Can we make him look less like a crippled Walrus when running? :D

Knight_Raime
08-23-2017, 08:08 PM
Here is a video demonstrating an unlock tech on the gladiator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-plQLZfzUsA&feature=youtu.be

It makes said attack unparryable and guarantees a heavy attack after any bash attack the gladiator lands. It is blockable on standard guard heros only if the attack is thrown in the same direction of the targets guard direction.

Sekiro...
08-24-2017, 12:48 AM
when I fought the gladiators while waiting for it to come out for the non season pass players i realized that I got alot of free lights on the gladiator as a Valkyrie main. Thought nothing of it because New character so everyone sucks with him.
So once he came out I immediately tried him out because some say he's a Valkyrie 2.0. After a few duels I began to understand why I got so many lights on gladiator. The reflex guard is buged. Seriously, cents, warlords, valks, Peacekeeper, Orochi, all can get a combo of a gladiator. No one else noticed? His dodge also seems to be buged but that's not a problem.

welcome to the dark side.
we are waiting for a fix to guard reflex (or remove) since ever, devs said it will come soon.

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 03:05 AM
As a Shinobi player, I'm starting to feel very frustrated with the Gladiator.

- He has a garanteed heavy unlock teck after a dodge punch move
- His recovery timing is so small, I can't guardbreak him after I dodge any of his attacks when he chains (which works with many other characters)
- His recovery timing is so small, I can't light attack him after I dodge any of his attacks when he chains (which works with many other characters)
- His recovery timing is so small, I can't kick him after I double dash any of his attacks when he chains (which works with many other characters)
- In other words, against characters with a dodge attack, his chains are super safe. The only way to stop him is to parry or dodge out and reset to neutral.

- His recovery timing is so small, if I backflip and throw a ranged guard break after he whiffs an attack, the guard break is going to be counterable (!!!!). That has got to be a big bug since it's one of the Shinobi's biggest punish move and it just doesn't work on the Gladiator.

- The zone attack is ridiculous. It's basically a free hit since you have to predict it to avoid it, otherwise there is no escaping it.

- Many of his moves seems to make him zooooooom forward, making backflips super dangerous instead of a strategic bait move. It seems to be the case for Kensi and Highlander as well ... maybe add the "dodge" property to backflip ?? A lot of Shinobi players have asked for it and I agree.

One thing tho : the hit box of the gladiator is super big when he's dodging, making him very easy to hit when he's dodging from an attack ... this must be a bug.

Regarding stats :
- Gladiator feels faster, with more hp and a better reflex guard (even tho it's still small) than Shinobi. Yet, he has 30 more hp than Shinobi.

Something tells me a Shinobi's buff is long overdue and I wouldn't mind a small nerf to Gladiator recovery frames so he becomes more easily punishable after a mistake.

Mia.Nora
08-24-2017, 11:56 AM
One thing tho : the hit box of the gladiator is super big when he's dodging, making him very easy to hit when he's dodging from an attack ... this must be a bug.
I also noticed that. I can dodge warden side heavy any day every day with any other assassin, but with Gladiator same dodge timing gets me hit. Right now only melee(bash) attacks and tops are worth risking side dodge, others somehow gets still hit if you dodge with same timing as other assassins.

I find him quite balanced overall since none of his fast unblockables guarantee any follow ups, but even then they are very punishable with dodge GB. All his dash attacks give free GB on block like valk, and his only real unblockable attack is slow and parryable. He is good with mixups without being strong. Maybe it is because I haven't got used to him well, but it feels like I do better with PK or Berserker than I do with Gladiator. All in all I find him not being OP quite nice.

For his zone, does his punch part of zone does any damage? If so it may need some tweak for being too fast as an unblockable, otherwise I think it is also ok.

We.the.North
08-24-2017, 02:38 PM
For his zone, does his punch part of zone does any damage? If so it may need some tweak for being too fast as an unblockable, otherwise I think it is also ok.

Taking a guess here : it doesn't in duel, it does with the Haymaker feat. Making it balance in 1v1 .. broken in 4v4. I heard that somewhere before.

vgrimr_J
08-24-2017, 03:04 PM
toe stab needs to be slower its too spammy and zones ub needs to be little slower i cant see anything else wrong with this guy

T.h.e.Notorious
08-24-2017, 03:53 PM
When somebody is low hp and gladiator is close, zone is 100% successfull to kill that one

mrmistark
08-24-2017, 03:54 PM
On console, originally I thought he was fine but now that people know how to play him I can honestly say his feint game in addition to his jib being able to be thrown out everywhere is becoming too strong. I think his lights are fine but heavies and toe stab need to be slower and I think his jab should cost ever so slightly more stamina.

T.h.e.Notorious
08-24-2017, 07:12 PM
I have one question regarding Gladiator and other knights. Why every ****ing knight gets this ublockable sucking punches? Warden has his hated arm bash, conqeror shield bash, Lawbringer this shove sth, centurion kick and punch and gladiator as well. The only one is PK which instead is the fastest hero and is in top tier anyway? I dont mind that these heroes have these sucking bashing arming shoving punches, but i believe these should cost more stamina in all cases. Otherwise they can spam it and ruin the pleasure of playing this hilarious game. We are on Gladiator so i`ll mention once again. He`s zone is broken. I fought 11 fights with average gladiator and in fights were very even. Every time i lost as opponent was using zone in the end when losing.
I believe gladiator has too many unblockables. Look at other assasins. Except shinobi`s kick no one has any unblockables. I assume that kind of attacks are to be used by slower heroes that have to come up with sth else than speed. But assasin should not have anything like that. You decided give him unblockables, so make it more punishable and make it more stamina expensive. Like more than half bar of stamina for one unblockable.

Mia.Nora
08-25-2017, 05:36 AM
I have one question regarding Gladiator and other knights. Why every ****ing knight gets this ublockable sucking punches? Warden has his hated arm bash, conqeror shield bash, Lawbringer this shove sth, centurion kick and punch and gladiator as well. The only one is PK which instead is the fastest hero and is in top tier anyway? I dont mind that these heroes have these sucking bashing arming shoving punches, but i believe these should cost more stamina in all cases. Otherwise they can spam it and ruin the pleasure of playing this hilarious game. We are on Gladiator so i`ll mention once again. He`s zone is broken. I fought 11 fights with average gladiator and in fights were very even. Every time i lost as opponent was using zone in the end when losing.
I believe gladiator has too many unblockables. Look at other assasins. Except shinobi`s kick no one has any unblockables. I assume that kind of attacks are to be used by slower heroes that have to come up with sth else than speed. But assasin should not have anything like that. You decided give him unblockables, so make it more punishable and make it more stamina expensive. Like more than half bar of stamina for one unblockable.

I thought initially the same, but after seeing that literally none of his unblockables guarantee any damage, I think he is fine. Every hero with unblockables has guaranteed damage that follows it up, gladiator doesn't get any safe damage out of a landed unblockable melee, yet if it is dodged he gets GBed. I think it is very balanced.

brashtralas
08-25-2017, 05:42 AM
On console, originally I thought he was fine but now that people know how to play him I can honestly say his feint game in addition to his jib being able to be thrown out everywhere is becoming too strong. I think his lights are fine but heavies and toe stab need to be slower and I think his jab should cost ever so slightly more stamina.

This is exactly what I said last week. I fought a very good gladiator the day after he released, and it was a schooling. Made me see where the characters true strengths were and realize that some are nearly flawless.

T.h.e.Notorious
08-25-2017, 09:37 AM
I thought initially the same, but after seeing that literally none of his unblockables guarantee any damage, I think he is fine. Every hero with unblockables has guaranteed damage that follows it up, gladiator doesn't get any safe damage out of a landed unblockable melee, yet if it is dodged he gets GBed. I think it is very balanced.

His zone gives you 100% hit that is the part of his zone. This has to be changed.

OneVikingArmy
08-25-2017, 10:26 AM
His zone gives you 100% hit that is the part of his zone. This has to be changed.

Agree.
Unblockable not for assassins. If they have unblockables as Ubisoft gave them,these have to be very expensive and highlypunishable. Let it be nice additional attack for those that can take advantage of timing etc, not the main spaming attack for noobs and skilled spamers.

bigboyburnell
08-25-2017, 02:16 PM
I think that glads attacks should little more difficult to doge for compensate for his absurdly short (but balanced) guard that doesn't last long.
I don't know if its just me but when an other player (happens 95% of the time with AI) attacks me I dodge to the side to do the shield punch but my opponents attacks still hits me even though I dodged???

S.J.Lannister
08-25-2017, 02:46 PM
I think that glads attacks should little more difficult to doge for compensate for his absurdly short (but balanced) guard that doesn't last long.
I don't know if its just me but when an other player (happens 95% of the time with AI) attacks me I dodge to the side to do the shield punch but my opponents attacks still hits me even though I dodged???

Yes, I have the same. In newest Warriors Den they have mentioned that Gladiator's dodge is bugged and it is getting fix.

BigFatLion
08-25-2017, 03:00 PM
Just adding to the various points made before. I apologise in advance if any of the points below were made by others, as I did not read every single page of the thread.

Gladiator is a very strong character: mainly due to the speed, and the feint game/mix-ups. He is one of the more viable characters in the game, but I don't think he is OP actually. With time, people will manage to deal with him better, I feel.

The much-complained-about zone is strong, but in practice not any better than Warlord/Warden/Orochi/PK. You see, the punch comes in fast and is unblockable, so if you're in range you basically eat the damage. But if you read your opponent and dodge, than blocking or parrying the actual trident hit is pretty doable (and I play on console). I find that although it is fast, it is reactable (though granted it is not easy). When looking at Warlord/Warden/Orochi/PK zones, those are just as hard to react to (if not a little harder on console), so you eat up the damage anyway: it doesn't matter that those are "blockable", you still need to pretty much guess when they're coming (on console at least). So is it a high-tier zone? Definitely. OP? Only as far as Warlord/Warden/Orochi/PK are OP or not.

Some good design choices (IMO):
- the heavy following the punches is not guaranteed, and there is no option for an immediate light follow up. An obvious one on the heavy, but a good choice not to have a light for guaranteed damaged (like after Cent's melee attacks).
- the dodge stabs are unsafe on block: in line with other assassins, but a good choice anyway
- the skewer after deflect is not guaranteed. The skewer is a powerful move, possibly too good as guaranteed folow-up from a deflect. This is a good choice but makes the deflect uninteresting for this character (more on that below).
- the skewer is only triggered in a chain: excellent choice; this means that the wall-splat/stun game of the Glad is not OP. If he could charge the move out of nothing, it would be Centurion wall carnage all over again.
- Out-of-stamina punish from the toe-stab knock-over: you only get one guaranteed heavy, whereas you get two from a parry, and one light/one heavy from side or back throws. Again, very good choice: the out-of-stam mix ups leading to the toe stab are very viable, but the punish damage is actually less than a parry which is a mistake the out-of-stam player needs to make him/herself. Well done there, devs.

Some things that could actually improve for the character (I'm gonna get some hate here for sure, but hey...):
- the parry counter: that takes a little more skill/timing than a regular parry, but you get less from it. The regular parry gives you either a guard break to heavy, of a dash-light attack (for the longer range parry); the parry counter gives a blockable/parriable heavy. Now, it does yield the stamina punish as a trade off, so that's maybe the design here: to choose between stamina punish or damage. If so, that isn't a bad choice per se, but most players will opt to go for damage most of the time. I feel like it would be good to have another option for smaller but guaranteed damage, my suggestion is to (in addition to the heavy option) quickly hit the guard break for a toe stab, or to add a guaranteed light with recovery (so it cannot be chained). But, as it is, it isn't completely useless, only quite situational.
- the deflect. As I mentioned above, the fact the skewer after deflect is not guaranteed is a good choice and should stay that way. But, even more so than the parry counter, given the risk of a deflect the benefit is too small, in this case. To point that I, and possibly most other Glad players, will outright avoiding deflecting. Now, given that the guard time is so short, I feel like the character as intended to deflect: but the option is just too risky for the reward. Is it completely and utterly useless? Again, no: it can lead to mix-ups and mind games, but that is way too sophisticated for the risk (I do it anyway lol, but get punished often too). For the deflect, more so than the parry counter, I feel like there should be a guaranteed low-damage option. My suggestion is the same: either press guard break for a toe stab, or light for an unchainable light. The key is to guarantee a little bit of damage (15 or so) and reset the fight back to neutral.

Other than that: a beautifully designed, very unique-feeling character. Superb job on the move set, animation, voice lines and look.

For a change, thank you Ubisoft, we know you are listening. Keep it up!

BigFatLion
08-25-2017, 03:15 PM
Just adding to the various points made before. I apologise in advance if any of the points below were made by others, as I did not read every single page of the thread.

Gladiator is a very strong character: mainly due to the speed, and the feint game/mix-ups. He is one of the more viable characters in the game, but I don't think he is OP actually. With time, people will manage to deal with him better, I feel.

The much-complained-about zone is strong, but in practice not any better than Warlord/Warden/Orochi/PK. You see, the punch comes in fast and is unblockable, so if you're in range you basically eat the damage. But if you read your opponent and dodge, than blocking or parrying the actual trident hit is pretty doable (and I play on console). I find that although it is fast, it is reactable (though granted it is not easy). When looking at Warlord/Warden/Orochi/PK zones, those are just as hard to react to (if not a little harder on console), so you eat up the damage anyway: it doesn't matter that those are "blockable", you still need to pretty much guess when they're coming (on console at least). So is it a high-tier zone? Definitely. OP? Only as far as Warlord/Warden/Orochi/PK are OP or not.

Some good design choices (IMO):
- the heavy following the punches is not guaranteed, and there is no option for an immediate light follow up. An obvious one on the heavy, but a good choice not to have a light for guaranteed damaged (like after Cent's melee attacks).
- the dodge stabs are unsafe on block: in line with other assassins, but a good choice anyway
- the skewer after deflect is not guaranteed. The skewer is a powerful move, possibly too good as guaranteed folow-up from a deflect. This is a good choice but makes the deflect uninteresting for this character (more on that below).
- the skewer is only triggered in a chain: excellent choice; this means that the wall-splat/stun game of the Glad is not OP. If he could charge the move out of nothing, it would be Centurion wall carnage all over again.
- Out-of-stamina punish from the toe-stab knock-over: you only get one guaranteed heavy, whereas you get two from a parry, and one light/one heavy from side or back throws. Again, very good choice: the out-of-stam mix ups leading to the toe stab are very viable, but the punish damage is actually less than a parry which is a mistake the out-of-stam player needs to make him/herself. Well done there, devs.

Some things that could actually improve for the character (I'm gonna get some hate here for sure, but hey...):
- the parry counter: that takes a little more skill/timing than a regular parry, but you get less from it. The regular parry gives you either a guard break to heavy, of a dash-light attack (for the longer range parry); the parry counter gives a blockable/parriable heavy. Now, it does yield the stamina punish as a trade off, so that's maybe the design here: to choose between stamina punish or damage. If so, that isn't a bad choice per se, but most players will opt to go for damage most of the time. I feel like it would be good to have another option for smaller but guaranteed damage, my suggestion is to (in addition to the heavy option) quickly hit the guard break for a toe stab, or to add a guaranteed light with recovery (so it cannot be chained). But, as it is, it isn't completely useless, only quite situational.
- the deflect. As I mentioned above, the fact the skewer after deflect is not guaranteed is a good choice and should stay that way. But, even more so than the parry counter, given the risk of a deflect the benefit is too small, in this case. To point that I, and possibly most other Glad players, will outright avoiding deflecting. Now, given that the guard time is so short, I feel like the character as intended to deflect: but the option is just too risky for the reward. Is it completely and utterly useless? Again, no: it can lead to mix-ups and mind games, but that is way too sophisticated for the risk (I do it anyway lol, but get punished often too). For the deflect, more so than the parry counter, I feel like there should be a guaranteed low-damage option. My suggestion is the same: either press guard break for a toe stab, or light for an unchainable light. The key is to guarantee a little bit of damage (15 or so) and reset the fight back to neutral.

Other than that: a beautifully designed, very unique-feeling character. Superb job on the move set, animation, voice lines and look.

For a change, thank you Ubisoft, we know you are listening. Keep it up!

Thundercleeds
08-25-2017, 10:46 PM
the gladiators block defense should not be like the peace keepers defense plus his block goes away much faster than the peace keepers and he isnt as fast no can he side jump as far as the peace keeper his block is almost non existent please fix his block timer make it normal like everyone elses the shinobi is more of an assassin then the gladiator and ye the shin has a normal block like all the others im only asking to fix his block defense make it normal like the others warden and the rest because his block timer goes way to fast much faster than the peace keepers and he doesnt has as much movement speed or reach as her

bigboyburnell
08-26-2017, 09:22 AM
Wow, thats really good news thanks!

A.re.s
08-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Hello. It seems to me or at the Gladiator indicator stand goes out much faster than the rest of the killers? I conducted a small study of the rate of change of the rack for other fighters and received the following results:
a) Berserk - 00: 01.10
b) Shinobi - 00: 00.51
c) Peacekeeper - 00: 00.98
d) Orochi - 00: 00.98
e) The Gladiator - 00: 00.41
Therefore, in the mass battles, the gladiator looks very weak. If it is attacked by several opponents at the same time, the indicator of the rack has time to go out before you block the enemy's attack. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I need to raise the level of reaction, but it seems a little unrealistic.

Sekiro...
08-26-2017, 09:31 PM
Hello. It seems to me or at the Gladiator indicator stand goes out much faster than the rest of the killers? I conducted a small study of the rate of change of the rack for other fighters and received the following results:
Therefore, in the mass battles, the gladiator looks very weak. If it is attacked by several opponents at the same time, the indicator of the rack has time to go out before you block the enemy's attack. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I need to raise the level of reaction, but it seems a little unrealistic.

Im not telling ur study is wrong but until now the biggest problem with guard reflex isnt the amount of time it stands but a bug that prevents you from block successful attacks in different directions.
Devs said it will be fixed soon, lets believe and wait...

S.J.Lannister
08-26-2017, 09:50 PM

Yes it looks very weak in 4v4. Even in duel when you start blocking heavy attack your indicator will go empty and heavy attack will strike you.

BTTrinity
08-27-2017, 02:02 AM
I think Gladiators biggest issue is how easy he is to play. Nothing that effective should be so easy, literally my 10 year old cousin without hands can play that class to its full potential.

High-Horse
08-27-2017, 02:47 AM
I think Gladiators biggest issue is how easy he is to play. Nothing that effective should be so easy, literally my 10 year old cousin without hands can play that class to its full potential.

I really doubt that.

SenBotsu893
08-27-2017, 01:33 PM
unblockable and unparrieably damage dealing toe stab is a very bad desing choice in my opinion.

he can litterally start it anytime for free damage. its damage is low yes but doing it litterally after every attack sums up to an insane amount.

same for his zone unblockable. thats just cheap damage.

otherwise seems to be fine so far.

Haemmerst0rm
08-27-2017, 07:03 PM
It could be me, but i have the feeling that gladiatos light attacks hits me faster then the parry indicator. Maybe a little check up if gladiators light attacks are synchronized with the same parry timings?

S.J.Lannister
08-27-2017, 07:16 PM

Don't let your cousin play Centurion then ;)

Draghmar
08-28-2017, 01:17 PM
unblockable and unparrieably damage dealing toe stab is a very bad desing choice in my opinion.

he can litterally start it anytime for free damage. its damage is low yes but doing it litterally after every attack sums up to an insane amount.

Those two are the main issue for so far. Especially when in team fights or when I got stunned and don't even see it coming...

Knight_Raime
08-28-2017, 06:54 PM

Toe stab is pretty telegraphed and dodgable on reaction. It comes out even slower when you're OOS. I think it's fine.
his zone imo is the only off thing. and that's really because I don't see a way it can be punished.

Sekiro...
08-29-2017, 12:08 AM
Toe stab is pretty telegraphed.,.

Not true.
Its looks like Skwer too much, so the first reaction is prepare yourself for a parry
And its become op when the opponent is out of stamina.

Knight_Raime
08-29-2017, 10:54 AM
Not true.
Its looks like Skwer too much, so the first reaction is prepare yourself for a parry
And its become op when the opponent is out of stamina.

Maybe if he's bashed you recently. If you're struggling seeing between him holding it with 2 hands from his side versus him one handing it with a downward stabby motion that's a you problem.
The skewer also comes out realtively slowly. slower than toe stab. So you've got plenty of time to see it and react accordingly.
I don't see how when the move is literally 100ms slower when you're OOS against him. Making it 600ms instead of 500ms.

Sekiro...
08-29-2017, 10:27 PM
Maybe if he's bashed you recently. If you're struggling seeing between him holding it with 2 hands from his side versus him one handing it with a downward stabby motion that's a you problem.
The skewer also comes out realtively slowly. slower than toe stab. So you've got plenty of time to see it and react accordingly.
I don't see how when the move is literally 100ms slower when you're OOS against him. Making it 600ms instead of 500ms.

plenty of time to see and react... i dont think community shares ur opinion.
BUT MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT.

Knight_Raime
08-30-2017, 12:48 AM
plenty of time to see and react... i dont think community shares ur opinion.
BUT MAYBE YOU ARE RIGHT.

Considering how new the heros are atm it's more then expected that people are going to have very polarizing feelings about certain moves. So i'm not really putting much stalk in general opinion till at least another week and a half goes by.