PDA

View Full Version : A (hopefully) simple request

Ameronth
08-14-2017, 11:38 PM
Just a suggestion to help improve gameplay experience for players. Why not add a mechanic to rid ourselves of bad/cheap players? I do try to travel in a group, but sometimes it's not possible to get a full group of 4 together for PvE play, and then we have to deal with players who think Dominion is played like Skirmish and do everything in their power to make sure they pull off their executions as many times as possible while not boosting zones. Why do we have to leave to room to try and rid ourselves of a bad player or an intentional jerk? Give a system to boot players, like room-ownership (Ace Combat Infinity) or vote majority (Killing Floor 2). Or, another possible solution, make non-matchmaking games give out the same experience as matchmaking games. That may be the simplest solution.

Tundra 793
08-14-2017, 11:41 PM
Given the state of For Honors P2P system and reliability, I don't think any system that would let us boot players intentionally would be a welcome addition.

We have enough trouble with the game booting people unintentionally, lets not add to that problem just yet.

Ameronth
08-14-2017, 11:44 PM
So, you are alright playing with morons that go out of their way to be annoying?

Tundra 793
08-14-2017, 11:44 PM
If the choice is between a moron, and crashing the game, yeah I'll take the moron.

Ameronth
08-14-2017, 11:48 PM
And that's why I normally avoid multiplayer games. I don't want to have to tolerate schmucks. And who says it has to be both? They can fix connectivity and give us a say in who we play with. It's not either/or. If you want a priority on connectivity, fine, by all means. Like I said, Ubi could also just bring up non-matching game rewards up to par with matchmaking games.

Tundra 793
08-14-2017, 11:54 PM
You're coming off a little strong there dude. The thing with multiplayer games is that you have to rely on other people, but don't trash them just 'cause they're not playing to your specific standards. I suffer annoying snipers in Battlefield constantly, but hey that's how they play and It won't ruin my game.

They can fix connectivity

They've been trying since day 1, lets just accept that it probably won't get better until after Season 4 when we get dedicated servers.

For the moment, it really is almost either/or with your suggestion. There is a serious and well known bug in the P2P system where if one player quits, there's a risk of the game booting more players, potentially crashing the game.
This happens by accident all the time. Introducing a kick mechanic now would most likely shatter how many games we're able to do. All it would take is 1 vote to crash any game.

When we get dedicated servers, absolutely we need a kick mechanic, it would have spared us all so much pain during the whole AFK debacle. But so long as we have this crazy inconsistent P2P system, we have to hope for basic improvements to that first.

Ameronth
08-15-2017, 12:06 AM
I don't trash them because they don't play to my standards. I trash them because they go out of their way to be annoying. It's not just the kill-stealing. It's ruining your executions then spamming an emote to look like their character is having a seizure. It's running up behind you and hitting you, with no enemy in sight, and you're supposed to on the same team. You don't have to tell me about relying on other players. I am a team player and understand how to play each match type based on the objective. I'm reliable. The players I am referring to are anything but reliable. Do me a favor and don't talk down to me about the nature of multiplayer games. I play very, VERY few multiplayer games because I don't want my game ruined by an immature player who thinks they're being cute and funny. Sorry if that's too strong, but I paid for my game just like they did and I'd like for them not to intentionally ruin it. I wouldn't do that to another player. All I'm asking for is the ability to control my personal gameplay experience without being penalized on rewards.

bmason1000
08-15-2017, 01:00 AM
... I don't want my game ruined by an immature player who thinks they're being cute and funny. Sorry if that's too strong, but I paid for my game just like they did and I'd like for them not to intentionally ruin it. I wouldn't do that to another player. All I'm asking for is the ability to control my personal gameplay experience without being penalized on rewards.Yes, you paid for the game just like they did and they're just having fun the same as you. Seeing as kill stealing, emote spamming and whacking you in the head when no ones around isn't actually hindering your team, giving them the boot is going to intentionally ruin their good time, same thing you're upset about. In a way I'm on your side, that s*** is annoying as all h***. Honestly though, it's harmless. Until friendly fire gets upped and people start team killing for fun, all that stuff realky is harmless. Some people are lousy jerks. It's an aspect of pvp we all learn to just cope with, because its not a big deal.

UbiJurassic
08-15-2017, 01:35 AM
We love to see groups of players coming together to work as a team in-game. I'll certainly note the suggestion for consideration, but in the meantime I'd recommend simply sending friend invites to the players you'd like to team up with and then re-queue.