PDA

View Full Version : Cent move that follows you mid-air

DoctorMcBatman
08-14-2017, 09:45 PM
Not sure what it's called, never played Cent. There's a move where he lunges forward and jumps into the air, sword at his head. Pretty sure it's unblockable, fine. What's not fine, is when I roll/dodge out of the way, and the Cent changes directions mid-****ing-air.

I'd love my PKs Dashing Thrust to be able to follow my target to the left when they dodge, but that doesn't happen. So why does it happen with Cent's similar move?

Please tell me others have noticed this.

Jiblet2017
08-14-2017, 09:48 PM
Not sure what it's called, never played Cent. There's a move where he lunges forward and jumps into the air, sword at his head. Pretty sure it's unblockable, fine. What's not fine, is when I roll/dodge out of the way, and the Cent changes directions mid-****ing-air.

I'd love my PKs Dashing Thrust to be able to follow my target to the left when they dodge, but that doesn't happen. So why does it happen with Cent's similar move?

Cent has HUGE tracking issues that have been discussed extensively on the forums. Just look up cent tracking on youtube.

I have been hit around pillars, down stairs, and 180 degrees behind a cent and have submitted a ticket with no response.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-14-2017, 09:53 PM
But have you been 180'ed though...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3o6ZtgoCUZFFAoxUmk/giphy.gif

... because i have

sad.platypus
08-14-2017, 10:54 PM
guys, haven't you heard what cent mains and devs said? cent is perfectly balanced, has no issues and you are just slaty little noobs.

Sir_rage_quit
08-14-2017, 10:58 PM
i cant believe they did not fix that **** yet

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 01:32 AM
Eagle's Fury, always blockable, there is no unblockable version of this attack.

Eagle's Fury tracking has no abnormalities at all. Happens to all lunge/jump type attacks when you dodge too early. It's actually because the activation is so slow that people react too fast, and dodge before he makes the actual jump sequence, that the attack 'tracks'. For example, when you try to dodge Warlord's jumping heavy when he's still in the forward dash sequence, not after he's actually airborne, the Warlord also 'tracks' in the same manner.

Comparatively speaking, it is because the PK's lunge comes out a lot faster, that when people try to dodge it the timing's naturally aligned that the dodge happens after the PK goes airborne. But in most cases people would rather block or parry it than try dodge, because, like said, its fast, timing's trickier, and therefore it's a heckuva lot safer to just parry it.

So while it does make me sound like an arse, all of you above are wrong. :rolleyes:

Linnix1
08-15-2017, 01:39 AM
So is defending cents bs a hobby or are getting paid cause at this point you might as well call Ubi and tell them to send you some cash for as much defending you do to keep them in people's good graces

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 01:53 AM
So is defending cents bs a hobby or are getting paid cause at this point you might as well call Ubi and tell them to send you some cash for as much defending you do to keep them in people's good graces

The only thing I'm defending are facts, dude. It ain't my fault scrubs make all the wrong moves without even knowing what they did wrong, and then move on to slander something perfectly normal to make up for their lack of self-confidence.

Defeating a difficult opponent in FH always follows the same process.

(1) know what you're doing wrong
(2) make conscious efforts to change your response correctly
(3) practice it enough so you can pull it off in actual combat

...and you guys are failing already at (1).

Imagine there's someone who keeps failing at parrying the slow, lumbering Shugoki charged UB heavy because it is SO slow that the timing is different from other normal heavy attacks other classes use. Then that guy comes to the boards and whines about how the Shugoki UB is totally OP because he keeps trying to parry it too early. Nobody in their right minds would ever agree with him. Except, when it involves Centurions, all brainwork ceases immediately, and people are just too keen in bringing out the pitchforks, torches, and the noose in a wayward mob.

Linnix1
08-15-2017, 02:00 AM
"facts" the only fact here is your justifying a leaping that phases the enemy through a pillar.

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 02:06 AM
"facts" the only fact here is your justifying a leaping that phases the enemy through a pillar.

1. You know when that footage was filmed?

2. You ever try that again in the recent versions?

When you get a definitive answer for both questions above, then we'll talk.

But until then, do practice some more. It's not really that hard unless you got some kind of brain disorder or something. Stop raging, acknowledge your timing was off, and do it differently.

Problem solved, dude.

(ps) Or do you want me to make a nice tutorial video for you people? Luckily BOT Cents also use Eagle's Fury a lot, so I can make films of myself dodging that useless shi* like 10 times in a row. :D

Linnix1
08-15-2017, 02:09 AM
What timing there's a pillar between me and cent and he phases through it like a ghost. Your honestly saying that's fine. I think the one with the brain damage here isn't me

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 02:12 AM
What timing there's a pillar between me and cent and he phases through it like a ghost. Your honestly saying that's fine. I think the one with the brain damage here isn't me

You got any idea when that vid footage you're referring to was filmed, as*hat?

How sure are you that wasn't fixed in the recent versions?

That was THEN, this is NOW, get in with the times and stop making excuses out of ancient history which don't even apply nowadays. Geez.

Linnix1
08-15-2017, 02:13 AM
My word good sir resorted to name calling that's something only untrustful mongrels would do. If you want to be taken even with a grain of salt fix that attitude

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 02:17 AM
Way to deflect the issue. :rolleyes:

Whatsamatter? Suddenly got no confidence whether your reference of footage that was made back in May or June, won't be applying nowadays?

Attitude? I didn't see you mentioning anything about attitude when these people were making complaints out of false issues and misinformation.

So you condone making up bullshi* to cover up one's incompetency, but won't stand for people ridiculing such stuff? Is that it? :rolleyes:

Linnix1
08-15-2017, 02:20 AM
Well you do make a good gaurd dog for Ubi whenever anyone says theres a problem with cent. Given how whenever someone has a problem with cent your right there to scream GIT GUD in there face. Maybe I was right Ubi does pay you. Just in dog biscuits.

Tundra 793
08-15-2017, 02:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoTzLLZMrKc

Or do you want me to make a nice tutorial video for you people? Luckily BOT Cents also use Eagle's Fury a lot, so I can make films of myself dodging that useless shi* like 10 times in a row

I'd actually really love it if you did that. The way you're describing the move, connecting if a player dodges too early, sounds a little broken. If for example someone dodges or rolls away into cover, or just doubles the distance between them and the Cent, surely the hit shouldn't register if there's now twice the distance, or say a pillar between them, regardless of how early you dodged it.

The way you're describing the move, makes it sound like the hit will connect no matter what, if you dodge too early.

Jiblet2017
08-15-2017, 02:33 AM
. It ain't my fault scrubs make the wrong moves.

Scrubs you say?

https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kweassa1

(bottom 8% K/D, bottom 30% win-rate with 11 days of playtime)

Don't be so hard on yourself champ. Play for another 11 days and you will maybe get into the 50th percentile. However, I think you may want to hold off on what i'm sure would be a super competent tutorial. ;)

To everyone else, just ignore him. Hes a substandard player in his late 20s (hopefully not early 30's) with waaaaayyyy too much time on his hands and what seems to be an inferiority complex (hence the anger and profanity pouring out of his posts).

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 02:45 AM
Well you do make a good gaurd dog for Ubi whenever anyone says theres a problem with cent. Given how whenever someone has a problem with cent your right there to scream GIT GUD in there face. Maybe I was right Ubi does pay you. Just in dog biscuits.

Again, how am I "guarding" anything when all I did was simply point out YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG?

So I'll ask you just one more time, even if you keep deflecting the issue:

(1) How sure are you, that "bullshi* tracking through a pillar" is still happening?

(2) Do you want me to display for you, how you can dodge it without "tracking" issues?

Scrubs you say?

https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kweassa1

(bottom 8% K/D, bottom 30% win-rate with 11 days of playtime)

Don't be so hard on yourself champ. Play for another 11 days and you will maybe get into the 50th percentile.

To everyone else, just ignore him. Hes a substandard player in his late 20s (hopefully not early 30's) with waaaaayyyy too much time on his hands and what seems to be an inferiority complex (hence the anger and profanity pouring out of his posts).

So how come this substandard player can dodge Cent Eagle's Fury without "tracking" problems, but you people need to complain about it?

I mean, when it's something so simple that a substandard guy like me (which I don't deny) can do it, what does that say about you guys?

So I'll ask you too: You want me to give you videos of how its done wrong, and how you can simply wait a 0.1~0.2s longer to easily dodge it without "tracking"?

I mean, scrubby people, in the end isn't that what this thread is about? I show you when Eagle's Fury tracks you, and when it doesn't, right? :D Just say the word, and I'll whip up a few sample vids on how you people could have just timed it teeney weeney differently and dodged it all day long.

Jiblet2017
08-15-2017, 02:54 AM
Again, how am I "guarding" anything when all I did was simply point out YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG?

So I'll ask you just one more time, even if you keep deflecting the issue:

(1) How sure are you, that "bullshi* tracking through a pillar" is still happening?

(2) Do you want me to display for you, how you can dodge it without "tracking" issues?

So how come this substandard player can dodge Cent Eagle's Fury without "tracking" problems, but you people need to complain about it?

I mean, when it's something so simple that a substandard guy like me (which I don't deny) can do it, what does that say about you guys?

So I'll ask you too: You want me to give you videos of how its done wrong, and how you can simply wait a 0.1~0.2s longer to easily dodge it without "tracking"?

I mean, scrubby people, in the end isn't that what this thread is about? I show you when Eagle's Fury tracks you, and when it doesn't, right? :D Just say the word, and I'll whip up a few sample vids on how you people could have just timed it teeney weeney differently and dodged it all day long.

*Looks at profile*. . . numbers don't lie scrub. I play super causally, let my GF play, and play(ed) with new friends and still have a substantially better record than you with that weight (and half the playtime).

It is not an issue of difficulty. It is an issue with matching the dodge timing with the animation (you know, so the game looks and plays better). But i guess you want to stamp your feet and puff your chest, which is honestly pretty entertaining given this: https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/kweassa1 :p:p:p

Nickeloneon
08-15-2017, 03:39 AM
I'll just leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23G-MPgEuco

Tundra 793
08-15-2017, 03:45 AM

In case anyone is wondering, that footage was uploaded 2 weeks ago.

pimmas01
08-15-2017, 04:14 AM
tracks around corners yes. it looks like **** but it's hardly overpowered. not knowing that it tracks you that hard can obviously catch you offguard and would be nice to have it fixed 'cus it look silly, but it's in no way overpowered right? it's not unblockable like OP said he thought it might be, and it's not a difficult thing to dodge.
PK's have a habit of dodging too much, and if you do it for no reason there's a high probability of you eating an attack during the recovery. this attack simply have a long reach and ****ed up tracking, that's all.

many people here, are here for the sole reason of bashing the centurion. they probably immediately clicked to do some ****posting when they saw the keyword 'CENT'.
he's difficult to get used to and needs some tweaking yes, but you guys are just clawing onto whatever you can to trashtalk the character you dont like.

Nickeloneon
08-15-2017, 05:30 AM
OP statement aside. I do think that his range should be reduced quite a bit, as sometimes he just hovers across the map using the same unblockable showed in the previously posted video. It's pretty ridiculous.

Mia.Nora
08-15-2017, 05:38 AM
tracks around corners yes. it looks like **** but it's hardly overpowered. not knowing that it tracks you that hard can obviously catch you offguard and would be nice to have it fixed 'cus it look silly, but it's in no way overpowered right? it's not unblockable like OP said he thought it might be, and it's not a difficult thing to dodge.
PK's have a habit of dodging too much, and if you do it for no reason there's a high probability of you eating an attack during the recovery. this attack simply have a long reach and ****ed up tracking, that's all.

many people here, are here for the sole reason of bashing the centurion. they probably immediately clicked to do some ****posting when they saw the keyword 'CENT'.
he's difficult to get used to and needs some tweaking yes, but you guys are just clawing onto whatever you can to trashtalk the character you dont like.

No attack should have that kind of B.S. tracking that makes strategic positioning obsolete, especially in 4v4 environment. Let alone an UNBLOCKABLE attack that guarantees 65 damage along with 6 seconds of uninterruptable stun animation.

Anyone who thinks that this ok is just on the same boat as people defending unlock tech exploits.

And IF that is ok, then Shugoki and Conq charged heavies should act same way defying positioning and connect regardless of enemy positioning. So does many other attacks from many heroes. But we all know how much of a clusterfak that would create.

Problem with Centurion is that he is an exclusion to many things, biggest offenders being stamina management and positioning defiance.

DrinkinMyStella
08-15-2017, 09:39 AM
the move has hyper armour so don't try to interrupt it with another attack, its not unblock able. either keep your guard at the top, its quite easy to parry, or you can roll back wards. Be careful because after that move he can follow up with a jab even if blocked.

Dude_of_Valor
08-15-2017, 09:45 AM
I find the way around his tracking is to dodge sideways and not backwards (due to tracking). If he does his running jump and you dodge be wary of another attacking coming. May need to dodge that as well. Then you are good to go for a GB punish and reset. Good luck!

Alustar.
08-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Seriously!? Eagles talon and legion kick are two of the EASIEST moves Centurion has that are dodgable. Besides, Only Nubturions charge in with that **** nowadays anyway, so how does that make the rest of you feel you are being owned repeatedly by the same attack? Hell you could parry Eagles Talon easier than you could dodge it...
I've had Centurion mains send me friend requests because they were so impressed with how effectively I ripped them apart. It's not that hard people, and I'm a substandard player at best.

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Seriously, you people can't do this? Is this some kind of unfair, injustice of a move that's so hard to dodge out of that the 'tracking' is a problem?

Here are some samples from this substandard player, using two of the slowest dodgers in the game.

https://youtu.be/nJQD7h4asyg

https://youtu.be/zqI-JlItSAI

https://youtu.be/iZWDBwtyOtE

https://youtu.be/CppiIoaWxOk

For the record, if this thread simply started out as a some drastic tracking issues need to be addressed thread, I'd have actually totally agreed to it with no problems.

But then comes the "singling out" of a class -- as if the exact same tracking mechanic didn't exist with all other lunge-type moves of all other classes that has one... and somehow, this is a "cent is OP" issue. LOL

So I'll just explain this one last time. Most of the moves in FH have a start-up sequence, and a launch sequence. The start up part is where the class prepares for the attack, and the launch is when the weapon swing actually comes out. During the start up the aggressor "tracks" and adjust his aim, and only when at launch he commits to that swing.

Therefore, when you dodge BEFORE the attack is committed, the aggressor will be able to adjust his aim and "track" you, because a dodge made during this time is considered a failed one. The result is stuff like Raider ZAs spinning for like 270d swing to hit someone who dodged past him, Warlord, PK, Cent jump attacks swerving in mid-air in angles to land, or "extending" the "flight path" to abnormally great distances to land on a target rolling away, Kenseis adjusting their angle to land the UB swing on a dodging opponent, and etc etc..

It's a common thing that happens to ALL classes in the game. Due to how the attack-hit sequence is set up.

Conversely, a successfully timed dodge will result in a perfect "immunity" from attacks despite visually the weapon seems to connect... as in evading Raider ZAs with a horizontal dodge, or any horizontal swing attacks for that matter.

In about absolute majority of the instances, this doesn't look too weird, but apparently when its associated with attacks with significant forward movement, sometimes the combatants switch places... and this is when things look weird, but its a moot point in most cases, because it means the defender failed his dodge timing anyway.

So dudes, stop making excuses for your own lousy dodge timing. When a substandard guy like me doesn't have too much problems with the correct dodge timing, you wankers really don't have any other excuses. :D

You just dodged bad.

DoctorMcBatman
08-15-2017, 04:09 PM

Eagle's Fury tracking has no abnormalities at all. Happens to all lunge/jump type attacks when you dodge too early. It's actually because the activation is so slow that people react too fast, and dodge before he makes the actual jump sequence, that the attack 'tracks'. For example, when you try to dodge Warlord's jumping heavy when he's still in the forward dash sequence, not after he's actually airborne, the Warlord also 'tracks' in the same manner.

Comparatively speaking, it is because the PK's lunge comes out a lot faster, that when people try to dodge it the timing's naturally aligned that the dodge happens after the PK goes airborne. But in most cases people would rather block or parry it than try dodge, because, like said, its fast, timing's trickier, and therefore it's a heckuva lot safer to just parry it.

So while it does make me sound like an arse, all of you above are wrong. :rolleyes:

You're wrong. I am dodging appropriately. I dodge when he enters the air, if that's too early: that's ******** and should be fixed. If it's not too early, that means there is a tracking problem. As in, he ****ing swivels mid-air and changes the direction of the lunge without touching the ground. These are heroes, not superheroes.

I agree that dodging too early should be punishable, but NOT for a move that's supposed to be a 100% forward jump. If I dodge it at any point after the Cent lifts off, that should be good enough.

Jiblet2017
08-15-2017, 09:28 PM
Seriously, you people can't do this? Is this some kind of unfair, injustice of a move that's so hard to dodge out of that the 'tracking' is a problem?

Here are some samples from this substandard player, using two of the slowest dodgers in the game.

https://youtu.be/nJQD7h4asyg

https://youtu.be/zqI-JlItSAI

https://youtu.be/iZWDBwtyOtE

https://youtu.be/CppiIoaWxOk

For the record, if this thread simply started out as a some drastic tracking issues need to be addressed thread, I'd have actually totally agreed to it with no problems.

But then comes the "singling out" of a class -- as if the exact same tracking mechanic didn't exist with all other lunge-type moves of all other classes that has one... and somehow, this is a "cent is OP" issue. LOL

So I'll just explain this one last time. Most of the moves in FH have a start-up sequence, and a launch sequence. The start up part is where the class prepares for the attack, and the launch is when the weapon swing actually comes out. During the start up the aggressor "tracks" and adjust his aim, and only when at launch he commits to that swing.

Therefore, when you dodge BEFORE the attack is committed, the aggressor will be able to adjust his aim and "track" you, because a dodge made during this time is considered a failed one. The result is stuff like Raider ZAs spinning for like 270d swing to hit someone who dodged past him, Warlord, PK, Cent jump attacks swerving in mid-air in angles to land, or "extending" the "flight path" to abnormally great distances to land on a target rolling away, Kenseis adjusting their angle to land the UB swing on a dodging opponent, and etc etc..

It's a common thing that happens to ALL classes in the game. Due to how the attack-hit sequence is set up.

Conversely, a successfully timed dodge will result in a perfect "immunity" from attacks despite visually the weapon seems to connect... as in evading Raider ZAs with a horizontal dodge, or any horizontal swing attacks for that matter.

In about absolute majority of the instances, this doesn't look too weird, but apparently when its associated with attacks with significant forward movement, sometimes the combatants switch places... and this is when things look weird, but its a moot point in most cases, because it means the defender failed his dodge timing anyway.

So dudes, stop making excuses for your own lousy dodge timing. When a substandard guy like me doesn't have too much problems with the correct dodge timing, you wankers really don't have any other excuses. :D

You just dodged bad.

I am really glad you are beginning to acknowledge you are substandard. As you regularly point out, that is the first step toward improving.

As for the videos, I don't believe anyone is arguing that the dodge is difficult. The argument is that the dodge window does not match with the animation, making it counter-intuitive for newer players and making it look silly at high level play. I would love to see this game flourish, and this would be a simple thing to clean up (simply by shifting the dodge window- not changing the animation frames or speed).

So sorry you wasted time posting videos that amount to a straw-man. If you want to avoid it in the future, I suggest reading posts carefully and not entrenching you-self in a "i must win an argument that is not being made" position.

Lastly- bots do not suffer from latency . . . so often getting caught on timing simply means you ar facing a cent with a bad connection. This is sort of a big thing to overlook buddy.

DoctorMcBatman
08-15-2017, 09:46 PM
Just watched the above videos, I don't think that's the move I'm referring to. The one I am talking about has the firey unblockable stuff going on. Maybe it's part of Cent's combo chain? Regardless, shouldn't change directions mid air.

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 09:59 PM
Just watched the above videos, I don't think that's the move I'm referring to. The one I am talking about has the firey unblockable stuff going on. Maybe it's part of Cent's combo chain? Regardless, shouldn't change directions mid air.

There is no jump move that's unblockable. The only jump moves the cent has is normal charged heavy in 3 directions that doesn't "track" at all, and the "tracking" move is Eagle's Fury, dash-heavy or sprint heavy.

How about actually identifying just what you were hit with before complaining about it?

DoctorMcBatman
08-15-2017, 10:06 PM
That's part of the problem, I don't know which move it is. All I know for sure is that on two separate occasions (that I recall), a Cent has mid-air changed directions to follow my dodge. Regardless of move names, mechanics, etc., can't everyone agree a jump's direction should not be changeable mid-air?

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 10:14 PM
That's part of the problem, I don't know which move it is. All I know for sure is that on two separate occasions (that I recall), a Cent has mid-air changed directions to follow my dodge. Regardless of move names, mechanics, etc., can't everyone agree a jump's direction should not be changeable mid-air?

Which would certainly be nice, but hardly a problem in any seriousness at all since its one of the easiest moves to dodge.

Jiblet2017
08-16-2017, 12:11 AM
Which would certainly be nice, but hardly a problem in any seriousness at all since its one of the easiest moves to dodge.

So you are aware there is a problem with the animation. But because the move is easy to counter, you don't want to make the game better by having smooth and intuitive animations.

Good logic. You seem to be treating this as a nerf thread when it is not. It is simply asking the devs to look at the doge window synchronization with the attack animation. It would not affect the power level of the move, as you point out, it is already incredibly easy to dodge. It just makes the game-play look ridiculous and deters new players from playing because they are confused by the apparent mismatch of timing.

I am sure PK or valk's lunge was out of sync with the dodge window, people would ask for a change on that as well.

UbiJurassic
08-16-2017, 12:44 AM
There are definitely a lot of videos out there that showcase very strong tracking from the Centurion.While I can't speak to if it is intended or not, it is important to note that timing your dodge correctly is very important in negating the tracking on Centurion's moves. As with many moves, a dodge that is performed to early will usually result in you eating the damage from the hit. It's important to exercise patience and know the timing of your enemies move to successfully dodge his attacks.

brashtralas
08-16-2017, 12:59 AM
There are definitely a lot of videos out there that showcase very strong tracking from the Centurion.While I can't speak to if it is intended or not, it is important to note that timing your dodge correctly is very important in negating the tracking on Centurion's moves. As with many moves, a dodge that is performed to early will usually result in you eating the damage from the hit. It's important to exercise patience and know the timing of your enemies move to successfully dodge his attacks.

I've dodged twice into a roll and still been hit. Just saying.

DoctorMcBatman
08-16-2017, 03:26 PM
I've dodged twice into a roll and still been hit. Just saying.

Yup. Same.

So, I get that. If you dodge too early, that should be punishable. But if the Cent is in the air already, and I dodge, WHY is that too early? He's feet are not on the ground. Is that how the mechanics are supposed to work? If so, that's dumb, but fine. It not, then it's broken and needs to be fixed.

Draghmar
08-16-2017, 03:27 PM
It's probably because animations are not synchronized well with the fighting mechanic. You should dodge on indicator blink. Not sooner.

StriderBorne
08-16-2017, 04:32 PM
@UbiJurassic - them showing a heat seeking Cent jumping thru the air AROUND A CORNER and your response not being that it needs to be fixed, highlights how clueless or intentionally unbalancing you Ubisoft guys are. I've decided its just on purpose by now and I'm not the only one. Will be so glad when a clone of this game comes out from another company.

Jiblet2017
08-16-2017, 07:55 PM

I am 99% sure you did not watch that video. The issue is not that it is difficult to dodge. . . it is that the attack animation does not sync up with the dodge window. This leads to new players and players with any latency being caught by the move. It also does not seem to fallow the normal environment contact rules (e.g.,, attack a wall and bounce off). Instead it regularly navigates around the environment to still land.

To summarize:
1) it is counter-intuitive for new players as the dodge window of the attack does not match the animation.
2) it makes playing against a cent with latency a gamble, as the regular timing goes out the window.
3) The mismatch makes the game look ridiculous with 180 degree heat seeking centurions flying around.

The attack is easy to dodge for experienced players, but it seems unnecessary to add another level to the already high knowledge gap associated with hidden mechanics. Against good players it makes the game animation look dumb. Against new players it is frustrating and results in a pretty heavy punish (and resulting forum rage).

Antonioj26
08-16-2017, 08:26 PM
How are people still complaining about this free parry? Why would you even dodge it when he's just handing you free damage? There aren't many attacks easier to parry than this slow telegraphed lunge. Just don't dodge it, how is that hard to understand? It's not like you need to make a snap judgement it almost takes a full second to land, you completely have time to think about your move since you can see it coming from a mile away. Either way It's not the only attack you shouldn't try and dodge out of.

Mia.Nora
08-17-2017, 12:06 AM
How are people still complaining about this free parry? Why would you even dodge it when he's just handing you free damage? There aren't many attacks easier to parry than this slow telegraphed lunge. Just don't dodge it, how is that hard to understand? It's not like you need to make a snap judgement it almost takes a full second to land, you completely have time to think about your move since you can see it coming from a mile away. Either way It's not the only attack you shouldn't try and dodge out of.

A. Animation being broken has absolutely nothing with ability to parry it. Like literally zero correlation. But lets give it a shot and follow that logic;

<insert attack> can be parried, so it is ok to have totally broken tracking. Therefore <insert attack> is ok to connect to enemy regardless of positioning. <insert attack> applies to ALL attacks in For Honor. /logic

B. Tracking makes a game strategy obsolete: Careful Positioning. Because unlike every other attack that gets stuck to walls/corners/obstacles in between; Centurion pulls a superman around whatever is between him and his opponent. In some cases Careful Positioning is a very valid strategy, like when outnumbered or OOS. And Centurion completely ignores that aspect of game.

C. Not every situation against a Centurion is a 1v1. I know you will find it very hard to believe but he is very commonly used in Dominion! (wonder why???) And you cant just focus on parrying incoming unblockable and you may have to dodge. There is absolutely no reason for Centurion to be the exception to dodge, or heck even roll mechanic.

All in all, his trackingIS broken, and no matter what excuse you may come up with wont make it any less broken. It will only make you sound like an apologist.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 01:05 AM
A. Animation being broken has absolutely nothing with ability to parry it. Like literally zero correlation. But lets give it a shot and follow that logic;

<insert attack> can be parried, so it is ok to have totally broken tracking. Therefore <insert attack> is ok to connect to enemy regardless of positioning. <insert attack> applies to ALL attacks in For Honor. /logic

B. Tracking makes a game strategy obsolete: Careful Positioning. Because unlike every other attack that gets stuck to walls/corners/obstacles in between; Centurion pulls a superman around whatever is between him and his opponent. In some cases Careful Positioning is a very valid strategy, like when outnumbered or OOS. And Centurion completely ignores that aspect of game.

C. Not every situation against a Centurion is a 1v1. I know you will find it very hard to believe but he is very commonly used in Dominion! (wonder why???) And you cant just focus on parrying incoming unblockable and you may have to dodge. There is absolutely no reason for Centurion to be the exception to dodge, or heck even roll mechanic.

All in all, his trackingIS broken, and no matter what excuse you may come up with wont make it any less broken. It will only make you sound like an apologist.

Yep I would be 100% fine if an attack that is slow as balls and easy to see coming has broken tracking, it's all it really has going for it. Doesn't matter if it's 1v1 or not it's still slow and it's still easy to parry and it's not unblockable so not sure what you are talking about here. If you are talking about his second heavy then that's easy to parry too, it takes a full second and glows bright orange. I also don't think I've seen the second charged heavy pull off what you are saying. Not an apologist I just don't complain about weak moves.

Mia.Nora
08-17-2017, 01:21 AM
Yep I would be 100% fine if an attack that is slow as balls and easy to see coming has broken tracking, it's all it really has going for it. Doesn't matter if it's 1v1 or not it's still slow and it's still easy to parry and it's not unblockable so not sure what you are talking about here. If you are talking about his second heavy then that's easy to parry too, it takes a full second and glows bright orange. I also don't think I've seen the second charged heavy pull off what you are saying. Not an apologist I just don't complain about weak moves.

His unblockable does the same, and being easy to parry has absolutely nothing to do with broken tracking. You simply avoid all my points. Shugoki charged heavy is also slow and easy to parry, why doesn't it track? Why doesn't pretty much anything else track in this game? But only Centurion's charged heavies making 180 degrees behind, or 90 degrees around obstacles, or following a rolled away opponent?

Anyway, you clearly either enjoy abusing the **** out of it in dominion, or you just get some sort of high from git gud comments. When something is broken beyond argument, which is Centurion's charged heavy tracking, and people come up with excuses.. well than that's all that is; excuses.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 02:24 AM
His unblockable does the same, and being easy to parry has absolutely nothing to do with broken tracking. You simply avoid all my points. Shugoki charged heavy is also slow and easy to parry, why doesn't it track? Why doesn't pretty much anything else track in this game? But only Centurion's charged heavies making 180 degrees behind, or 90 degrees around obstacles, or following a rolled away opponent?

Anyway, you clearly either enjoy abusing the **** out of it in dominion, or you just get some sort of high from git gud comments. When something is broken beyond argument, which is Centurion's charged heavy tracking, and people come up with excuses.. well than that's all that is; excuses.

Let's see some vids of it doing some 180s. I already said who cares if it has broken tracking? The dumby who throws this out is giving you the gift of free damage to him, if you don't want to take it then that's on you but an attack that's already easy to counter doesn't need to be changed. I don't even use cent and if zerkers heavy dash attack had the same tracking I would have the same answer.
If anyone's making excuses it's you guys complaining about an attack that takes a full second to pull off and glows as bright as the sun.

RoosterIlluzion
08-17-2017, 05:02 AM

Yes, he's ridiculous with his tracking. If tracking was removed completely for everyone, dodging and rolling would be much more viable. Centurion wouldn't need a nerf then.

RoosterIlluzion
08-17-2017, 05:05 AM
Cent has HUGE tracking issues that have been discussed extensively on the forums. Just look up cent tracking on youtube.

I have been hit around pillars, down stairs, and 180 degrees behind a cent and have submitted a ticket with no response.

^ This guy though. I'll probably get in trouble, but I'm certain you're sucking ubi **** at the board meetings.

brashtralas
08-17-2017, 05:23 AM
Let's see some vids of it doing some 180s. I already said who cares if it has broken tracking? The dumby who throws this out is giving you the gift of free damage to him, if you don't want to take it then that's on you but an attack that's already easy to counter doesn't need to be changed. I don't even use cent and if zerkers heavy dash attack had the same tracking I would have the same answer.
If anyone's making excuses it's you guys complaining about an attack that takes a full second to pull off and glows as bright as the sun.

You really don't have an argument, here. It's broken. It doesn't match the visual and it has broken tracking. Defending it because it's "free" damage isn't logical at all.

I really don't know what backwards logic lead you to believe that people pointing out an actual, legit broken mechanic is them coming up with excuses. Normally you seem pretty down to earth, maybe take a step back and reconsider your stance.

Mia.Nora
08-17-2017, 05:32 AM
You really don't have an argument, here. It's broken. It doesn't match the visual and it has broken tracking. Defending it because it's "free" damage isn't logical at all.

I really don't know what backwards logic lead you to believe that people pointing out an actual, legit broken mechanic is them coming up with excuses. Normally you seem pretty down to earth, maybe take a step back and reconsider your stance.

Actually he has always been an avid supporter of Centurion with the gid gud explanation to every problem people point out regarding Centurion. For more subjective aspects of Centurion, like his stamina pool, I can understand why people may have different opinion even though I may disagree. But when someone straight out defend a broken mechanic that defies the way game works as an exception.. well you get the picture.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 06:21 AM

Actually he has always been an avid supporter of Centurion with the gid gud explanation to every problem people point out regarding Centurion. For more subjective aspects of Centurion, like his stamina pool, I can understand why people may have different opinion even though I may disagree. But when someone straight out defend a broken mechanic that defies the way game works as an exception.. well you get the picture.

Its true I defend centurion because half the time people are complaining about things that are easily avoidable, exaggerate, or lie. It gets old and someone has to defend this semi good character. How many times do you hear the same stupid "one kick and I'm dead" line? I'm not even saying the tracking shouldnt be fixed I'm just saying I don't get how people are complaining about it, the attack sucks balls. How often are you getting hit by this attack that takes a full second? At what point do you look at yourselves and say "Yeah I totally should have been able to parry that," rather than complaining about centurion? There are things that need fixing for him, His stam pool, his light parry punish (which should be going away with everyone elses), and his infinite wall stun. Short of the things I've listed hes just okay and no amount of broken tracking is going to kick him up to the next level with the likes of PK and warlord. Don't give me that BS about how the cent almost won the tourney therefor hes broken because if you are going to apply that sort of thinking then we better start nerfing nobushi since she took #1.

Mia.Nora
08-17-2017, 06:32 AM
So your reasoning behind supporting actually broken mechanics is that, some people lie/exaggerate?

You are no different than those people in this regard, since you wilfully ignore valid reasoning for the sake of defending it regardless of what.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 06:37 AM
So your reasoning behind supporting actually broken mechanics is that, some people lie/exaggerate?

You are no different than those people in this regard, since you wilfully ignore valid reasoning for the sake of defending it regardless of what.

My defense is the move sucks balls and rather than adapting youd rather complain. Like I said, if zerk had similar tracking on his dash heavy I would give the same response. Basically I'm telling you to git gud.

brashtralas
08-17-2017, 06:52 AM
My defense is the move sucks balls and rather than adapting youd rather complain. Like I said, if zerk had similar tracking on his dash heavy I would give the same response. Basically I'm telling you to git gud.

I play as the centurion. I know his capabilities. I also know how often I nail people with it when they're fighting one of my allies and try to dodge away. Why dodge? Because they couldn't block in two directions at once.

The centurions charged unblockable has the same tracking. I get people that roll away with it, and have been hit with it after rolling away as well. I think you know that being struck with the charged heavy is extremely damaging after the combo.

Being hit/hitting someone with it despite their dodge/roll is cheap and cheesy. I don't like to do it or have it done to me.

There's this weird idea here that people complaining about a character obviously don't play as that character. I really only complain about the mechanics that are broken on characters I play because I understand them from first hand experience.

Tobias96716
08-17-2017, 08:27 AM
Any charge attack he has acts like a heat seeking missile...Doesn't really matter if you dodge it still finds you, all you can do is try to parry it...You can hide behind objects but he turns the corner at a 90 degree angle to hit you, you can dodge and position yourself behind him and he will turn 180 degrees and pop you...Hell even Shinobi's double dodge doesn't break the heat seeking Cent attacks.

kweassa1
08-17-2017, 09:25 AM
Any charge attack he has acts like a heat seeking missile...Doesn't really matter if you dodge it still finds you, all you can do is try to parry it...You can hide behind objects but he turns the corner at a 90 degree angle to hit you, you can dodge and position yourself behind him and he will turn 180 degrees and pop you...Hell even Shinobi's double dodge doesn't break the heat seeking Cent attacks.

See, this is the problem here, and this is the exactly the kind of bullshi* that started the argument in the first place. Go to page 3 of this thread, and I've refuted every single one of your "heat-seeking" claims with evidence. Dodged the charged heavy lunge, dodged Eagle's Fury lunge, dodged Imperial Might heavy. And since I'm a "sub-standard" player, I've also proven it doesn't take superior skill to do so. Even a sucky guy like me does it consistently.

Cent moves -- and basically ALL MOVES in FH, for that matter, that operate under the same mechanic -- doesn't "track" or "home-in" or "heat-seek" anything, PERIOD.

You flamin' idiots keep coming up with these threads, because you want to asser that the move is mechanically flawed, and therefore it punishes your correct response by spontaneously changing direction during attack and just track and lands at your position -- but of course, that assertion is TOTAL BULLSHI*. There's nothing "wrong" with how the mechanic.

Make no mistake, idiots: You are not being wrongfully punished even if your evasion was justly-timed, because the move refused to miss and turned and hit you. You being hit by it IS the result of your failure to respond to it correctly. YOU. DODGED. IT. WRONG.

The only thing "wrong" with the mechanic is that due to limitation the visual representation is limited. Those aren't real guys swinging weapons in the real world. They simply display certain animations in certain situations. And the situation given is this THE OTHER GUY ATTACKED, YOU FAILED THE DODGE. This happens to all of us everyday in game with ALL skills of ALL classes equally.

Because, without the directional adjustment and hit-detection, dodges would simply become too powerful. You don't even need to time anything. Whenever you see a top attack indicator just side dodge and basically all top attacks are made totally useless in game. Whenever you see a horizontal indicator just immediately dodge away from the swing, and the swing will ALWAYS only move a fixed arc and will never land. You think assassin classes mashing dodge button non-stop is bad? Think something 10 times worse when the game's base tracking doesn't exist.

Like said this happens to us with all classes every day. You just don't realize its happening, because when you time a dodge against a horizontal attack wrong, it looks like the swinging arc extended just a little bit more, so you don't see anything unnatural. When you time a dodge against vertical swings wrong, the angular adjustment happens before the swing comes out so it doesn't look like it tracked anything. THE ONLY TIME THIS LOOKS WRONG, IS WHEN A MOVE THAT TRAVELS LARGER DISTANCE, OR INVOLVES AIRBORNE MOVES -- because unlike normal weapon swings, the VISUAL REPRESENTATION of the result looks awkward.

However, this is only a visual representation of what happened that looks awkward. THE REAL RESULT, THE REAL CAUSE-AND-EFFECT behind this phenomenon is YOUR FAILURE{/b]. The system doesn't persecute you by spontaneously tracking your evasion and just landing a hit which should have missed -- all it does is display a hit you failed to correctly dodge in the first place, but only looks awkward visually because the hit-detection happened prior to the visual event.

!*@#&@! I don't know why I'm even explaining this to idiots that probably won't read it, or doesn't care how in-game hit detection works in most games... :rolleyes:

So no, there's nothing wrong with the mechanic except certain awkward situations in visual terms.

The basic premise of the in-game mechanic is simple -- when you evade successfully, you evade that attack no matter what. It doesnt land.

In other words, the only reason it looks like the attack "heat-seeked you", is because you got caught by the hit-detection. You get hit [b]NOT BECAUSE the attack heat-seeked you, you get hit BECAUSE you dodged at the wrong timing.

kweassa1
08-17-2017, 09:31 AM
TL;DR:

(1) There is nothing "wrong" with the mechanic at all except visual representation in certain cases

(2) There is no such thing as "tracking" attack. You don't get hit because your correct evasion was unfairly tracked -- you get hit because your evasion WASN'T correct. The seemingly "tracking" visual, is nothing more than a visual representation of your initial failure

(3) So stop frickin' making excuses as if the tracking system's unfairly screwing you -- the "tracking" is nothing more than just a video-replay of a failure you've made on your own.

It's practically the same thing as when you play an online game, somebody shoots a projectile, and it seems to curve and hit you. I dunno if I even need to explain this, because that's exactly the same thing as this whole "tracking" bullshi* you idiots keep complain about.

You didn't get hit because the tracking screwed you, you got hit because you did wrong.

Mia.Nora
08-17-2017, 09:41 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23G-MPgEuco

Anyone who thinks what happens in that video is ok is a hypocrite.

**** like that is why this game will never be taken seriously. It is upto devs to fix it if they care.

guor6800
08-17-2017, 09:47 AM
TL;DR:

(1) There is nothing "wrong" with the mechanic at all except visual representation in certain cases

(2) There is no such thing as "tracking" attack. You don't get hit because your correct evasion was unfairly tracked -- you get hit because your evasion WASN'T correct. The seemingly "tracking" visual, is nothing more than a visual representation of your initial failure

(3) So stop frickin' making excuses as if the tracking system's unfairly screwing you -- the "tracking" is nothing more than just a video-replay of a failure you've made on your own.

It's practically the same thing as when you play an online game, somebody shoots a projectile, and it seems to curve and hit you. I dunno if I even need to explain this, because that's exactly the same thing as this whole "tracking" bullshi* you idiots keep complain about.

You didn't get hit because the tracking screwed you, you got hit because you did wrong.

Hey fanboy take a look at the video below your thrash comments and reply to that. This is normal for you? Nobushi bad dodge timing is the fault?

Because you ve written 5-6 essays in this post but can't answer to this simple video?

Alustar.
08-17-2017, 11:48 AM
I've had several people send me friend requests because of how well I was able to eliminate a Centurion not only solo, but in skirmish gank a as well. ALL OF THAT is because of the time I spent learning what to do against his movesets by practicing against Antonio. He showed me where the breaks were and what to watch for, then showed me where the broken aspects where so I could understand what NOT TO DO so I can minimize the effectiveness of his more broken components.

I know the temptation is to ostracize someone you think is just blatantly defending actual overpowered characters, but this isn't the case. If you actually took the time to learn what the Cent can do and how/when you will be 100% more effective.

Anyone still claiming he is OP needs to go purchase the hero and play 1 match with him to realize how wrong you really are.

The_B0G_
08-17-2017, 01:38 PM
The only thing I'm defending are facts, dude. It ain't my fault scrubs make all the wrong moves without even knowing what they did wrong, and then move on to slander something perfectly normal to make up for their lack of self-confidence.

Defeating a difficult opponent in FH always follows the same process.

(1) know what you're doing wrong
(2) make conscious efforts to change your response correctly
(3) practice it enough so you can pull it off in actual combat

...and you guys are failing already at (1).

Imagine there's someone who keeps failing at parrying the slow, lumbering Shugoki charged UB heavy because it is SO slow that the timing is different from other normal heavy attacks other classes use. Then that guy comes to the boards and whines about how the Shugoki UB is totally OP because he keeps trying to parry it too early. Nobody in their right minds would ever agree with him. Except, when it involves Centurions, all brainwork ceases immediately, and people are just too keen in bringing out the pitchforks, torches, and the noose in a wayward mob.

You speak pretty highly of yourself for someone with a .62 K/D ratio kweassa.

RoosterIlluzion
08-17-2017, 02:43 PM
I was just about to make that comment. Someone with that k/d, and DOESN'T play centurion, sure knows the most about how to play against him. Lmao
Like I said earlier, he's sucking ubisoft **** for fun, and throwing out these comments for snacks. Pitiful.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 02:51 PM
You speak pretty highly of yourself for someone with a .62 K/D ratio kweassa.

I was just about to make that comment. Someone with that k/d, and DOESN'T play centurion, sure knows the most about how to play against him. Lmao
Like I said earlier, he's sucking ubisoft **** for fun, and throwing out these comments for snacks. Pitiful.

And yet he still shows how you can dodge the attack, how is someone with a .62 k/d able to do something that none of you guys can?

The_B0G_
08-17-2017, 03:05 PM
And yet he still shows how you can dodge the attack, how is someone with a .62 k/d able to do something that none of you guys can?

I can dodge cents attacks, but he does have tracking issues. People that point this out have to be doing something wrong? Everyone knows you can dodge that attack, no one said you can't, so he didn't really show anyone anything.

Having a .62 K/D and constantly lecturing everyone and calling them bad at the game is equivilant to some overweight guy with an Affliction t-shirt screaming advice at UFC fighters on tv.

Not saying a lot of what he is saying isn't correct, I'm just saying with a K/D like that he shouldn't be talking down to everyone he disagrees with.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 03:43 PM
I can dodge cents attacks, but he does have tracking issues. People that point this out have to be doing something wrong? Everyone knows you can dodge that attack, no one said you can't, so he didn't really show anyone anything.

Having a .62 K/D and constantly lecturing everyone and calling them bad at the game is equivilant to some overweight guy with an Affliction t-shirt screaming advice at UFC fighters on tv.

Not saying a lot of what he is saying isn't correct, I'm just saying with a K/D like that he shouldn't be talking down to everyone he disagrees with.

The source doesnt matter as much as the argument, If hes right then it doesnt matter what his K/D is. If he told you the precise frame data and damage values of a lesser known OOS punish and it turns out that it works, would it negate the existence of the combo because his K/D is low? Kweassa can be rough around the edges but I think the constant whining has gotten to him and its honestly shocking people still have tolerance for it after being here for so long. I just don't get why an attack that is already situational, takes almost a full second, incrediblly telegraphed, can be blocked, can be dodge, and is essentially a free parry needs to be nerfed.

Jiblet2017
08-17-2017, 03:47 PM

Him and antonioJ never really respond to anything raised here (or in other threads as well). If you look at their post history, about 50% of them are just straw-men to the tune of "but there is a counter." They will always return to that even if you are not arguing that the is no counter (for example, see the above response).

It is almost like they cant comprehend that we are trying to improve an animation interaction to make the game look and play better without personally struggling against the move . . .

Its a shame because they think they are helping the game when they are just muddying the water with respect to QoL changes with their "get gud I'm always right attitude." Notice that neither of them respond to the video clip (of which there are numerous others) where the move ignores object collision (canceling an attack and staggering if you hit a wall or railing) and the spacial tethering of other moves (breaking tracking after you move far enough away).

For example, Kensei has a similarly long animation on his top unblock able that will result in a hit if you dodge too early by tracking to the side or slightly forward. It is also extremely telegraphed any parryable (which becomes even easier after you feel out your opponent's mix-up pattern). Do people complain about it? No. Why? I have never seen this once travel around or through objects or catch a back dodge into back roll. Additionally the side and limited forward tracking on kensei's top unblock-able does not look ridiculous on a regular basis, as his feet are on the ground and the swing's tracking tethering is working as intended.

The_B0G_
08-17-2017, 03:49 PM
The source doesnt matter as much as the argument, If hes right then it doesnt matter what his K/D is. If he told you the precise frame data and damage values of a lesser known OOS punish and it turns out that it works, would it negate the existence of the combo because his K/D is low? Kweassa can be rough around the edges but I think the constant whining has gotten to him and its honestly shocking people still have tolerance for it after being here for so long. I just don't get why an attack that is already situational, takes almost a full second, incrediblly telegraphed, can be blocked, can be dodge, and is essentially a free parry needs to be nerfed.

I don't think it needs a nerf, I just think Cent has the craziest tracking out of all heroes. It may be because he attacks are all so oddly timed.

I've ran straight at a Cent before as he was running at me, I knew he was going to do his leap attack, so as soon as I seen him initiate it I rolled to his side, passed him, he did a 180 in the air and hits me... thats the kind of stuff I think needs fixing, the move itself is fine, the tracking on it can be a bit broken at times. Theres also when you dodge around a corner and he still gets you too.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 03:58 PM
Him and antonioJ never really respond to anything raised here (or in other threads as well). If you look at their post history, about 50% of them are just straw-men to the tune of "but there is a counter." They will always return to that even if you are not arguing that the is no counter (for example, see the above response).

It is almost like they cant comprehend that we are trying to improve an animation interaction to make the game look and play better without personally struggling against the move . . .

Its a shame because they think they are helping the game when they are just muddying the water with respect to QoL changes with their "get gud I'm always right attitude." Notice that neither of them respond to the video clip (of which there are numerous others) where the move ignores object collision (canceling an attack and staggering if you hit a wall or railing) and the spacial tethering of other moves (breaking tracking after you move far enough away).

For example, Kensei has a similarly long animation on his top unblock able that will result in a hit if you dodge too early by tracking to the side or slightly forward. It is also extremely telegraphed any parryable (which becomes even easier after you feel out your opponent's mix-up pattern). Do people complain about it? No. Why? I have never seen this once travel around or through objects or catch a back dodge into back roll. Additionally the side and limited forward tracking on kensei's top unblock-able does not look ridiculous on a regular basis, as his feet are on the ground and the swing's tracking tethering is working as intended.

I'm not going to read that, honestly your crying has gotten old. You really do just need to git gud.

Jiblet2017
08-17-2017, 04:03 PM
I'm not going to read that, honestly your crying has gotten old. You really do just need to git gud.

Way to have a mature discussion while conveniently not responding to any points raised. Im sorry you got so frustrated, that wasn't my intention. Just trying to point out that it is common courtesy to respond to points raised and not straw-man at every turn. The discussion gets nowhere that way and the game suffers as a result.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 04:04 PM
I don't think it needs a nerf, I just think Cent has the craziest tracking out of all heroes. It may be because he attacks are all so oddly timed.

I've ran straight at a Cent before as he was running at me, I knew he was going to do his leap attack, so as soon as I seen him initiate it I rolled to his side, passed him, he did a 180 in the air and hits me... thats the kind of stuff I think needs fixing, the move itself is fine, the tracking on it can be a bit broken at times. Theres also when you dodge around a corner and he still gets you too.

Honestly I've seen crazy tracking from most characters that have dash or leap attacks. It's not limited to centurion and I bet most of the time it's just attributed to lag. It's no different than when it shows that you blocked only for half a second later it shows you getting hit and taking the damage. Jiblet even kinda said it himself when he said the tracking isn't going to happen with bots in response to kweassas videos and that's because they aren't working off of someone else's connection.

I'm honestly tired of arguing about this, I kinda wish they would just take him out of the game but then I'm certain people will find someone else to cry about.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Way to have a mature discussion while conveniently not responding to any points raised. Im sorry you got so frustrated, that wasn't my intention. Just trying to point out that it is common courtesy to respond to points raised and not straw-man at every turn. The discussion gets nowhere that way and the game suffers as a result.

My counter point is there's a counter, short of that I don't know what to tell you. It's easily to turn the attack against the person who is using it and I guarantee when you do it enough they will stop using it. This is a 900ms attack where he's clearly jumping in the air, if this was a 400ms attack I would be all on board with you but this is an attack that's already very limited in usefulness. I've extended the olive branch to you and even agreed with you on what needs changing with centurion (stam pool, wall stun, light parry punish) but you seem to have this attitude that if I dont agree with everything you say or even point out how to easily counter whatever attack the Current OP is having a hard time with as me staunchly defending the characters total design.

Jiblet2017
08-17-2017, 04:11 PM
Honestly I've seen crazy tracking from most characters that have dash or leap attacks. It's not limited to centurion and I bet most of the time it's just attributed to lag. It's no different than when it shows that you blocked only for half a second later it shows you getting hit and taking the damage. Jiblet even kinda said it himself when he said the tracking isn't going to happen with bots in response to kweassas videos and that's because they aren't working off of someone else's connection.

I'm honestly tired of arguing about this, I kinda wish they would just take him out of the game but then I'm certain people will find someone else to cry about.

I didn't say the tracking issues only occur due to latency. I simply indicated that latency increases the chances of strange tracking occurring. Please don't misrepresent (aka straw-man) my statements, though im sure it was just a misunderstanding.

I also don't hope they remove the cent. hes a cool character that a lot of people like. Just because he suffers from some minor flaws does not mean he should be scrapped.

If you are frustrated with the forum to the extent that you recommend deleting a character. maybe spend less time on the forums?

Jiblet2017
08-17-2017, 04:15 PM
My counter point is there's a counter, short of that I don't know what to tell you. It's easily to turn the attack against the person who is using it and I guarantee when you do it enough they will stop using it. This is a 900ms attack where he's clearly jumping in the air, if this was a 400ms attack I would be all on board with you but this is an attack that's already very limited in usefulness. I've extended the olive branch to you and even agreed with you on what needs changing with centurion (stam pool, wall stun, light parry punish) but you seem to have this attitude that if I dont agree with everything you say or even point out how to easily counter whatever attack the Current OP is having a hard time with as me staunchly defending the characters total design.

Your balance recommendations should not be an "olive branch" to appease the forum or gather the equivalent of forum political capital. It should be what you believe to make the game better. If you think those nerfs should occur, then i trust that this was made based on your opinion of the current state of the game.

As for tracking, I wouldn't even mind if they made the move harder to dodge. . . I simply ask that the window syncs with the "in the air" animation to avoid ridiculous looking and counter-intuitive game play. Nobody here is arguing that the move is op or should be nerfed. . .

And thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate it.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 04:15 PM
I didn't say the tracking issues only occur due to latency. I simply indicated that latency increases the chances of strange tracking occurring. Please don't misrepresent (aka straw-man) my statements, though im sure it was just a misunderstanding.

I also don't hope they remove the cent. hes a cool character that a lot of people like. Just because he suffers from some minor flaws does not mean he should be scrapped.

If you are frustrated with the forum to the extent that you recommend deleting a character. maybe spend less time on the forums?

That's not what I'm saying you said..... nevermind like I said I really don't care at this point. Nerf cent or don't, doesn't matter to me in the long run. I just think it's dumb to nerf an attack that sucks and that'll be my final word on this particular subject.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 04:18 PM
Your balance recommendations should not be an "olive branch" to appease the forum. It should be what you believe to make the game better. If you think those nerfs should occur, that is up to you.

As for tracking, I wouldn't even mind if they made the move harder to dodge. . . I simply ask that the window syncs with the "in the air" animation to avoid ridiculous looking and counter-intuitive game play. Nobody here is arguing that the move is op or should be nerfed. . .

And thank you for taking the time to read my post. I appreciate it.

The nerfs weren't the olive branch, the nerfs have always been how I felt. I got a lot of posts so it would be hard to find but from the very beginning I've said the exact same thing before I even ran into you. His stam pool is too high, his light parry punish is too strong, and his wall stun is too strong.

RoosterIlluzion
08-17-2017, 04:19 PM

Please post a video of you dodging that attack consecutively, and successfully several times against a random centurion fighter of equal rank to you and you'll have an argument.
It tracks too well, and needs to be fixed.
Kweassa1'a comments about it carry no weight because he sucks. Spewing theoretical facts about how the mechanics are supposed to work means ****-all when they don't actually work fairly.

You'd trust someone that reads you a technical manual on how to fix your car - having no experience- over an actual mechanic that has fixed cars? Same difference here.

Jiblet2017
08-17-2017, 04:21 PM
The nerfs weren't the olive branch, the nerfs have always been how I felt. I got a lot of posts so it would be hard to find but from the very beginning I've said the exact same thing before I even ran into you. His stam pool is too high, his light parry punish is too strong, and his wall stun is too strong.

I agree with all of those points and would simply add the tracking issues with some of his kit. Thanks for clarifying your position and responding to my latter posts. I really do appreciate it.

kweassa1
08-17-2017, 04:27 PM
The "mature" discussion was over when you people failed to acknowledge the "tracking" isn't "tracking" at all -- ie., "an abnormal move that hit you despite your defensive evasion was on time, and therefore penalizing you[/b]." And then proceed on to keep arguing as if its something abnormal or wrongly penalizing you.

The tracking, is a manifestation of what's already happened -- as in, you FAILING. It's a RESULT,. not a PROCESS, and therefore in actuality DOESN'T AFFECT THE FIGHT AT ALL. The "tracking" is merely a VISUAL DISPLAY -- at the "hit detection" phase (or whatever the system calls it) you already failed the dodge timing, and therefore the hit was determined to land -- it simply displays the results of you getting hit, which just looks awkward only in CERTAIN cases such as being airborne.

It's systematically no different from you being failing a block and then getting hit by it as a result.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Please post a video of you dodging that attack consecutively, and successfully several times against a random centurion fighter of equal rank to you and you'll have an argument.
It tracks too well, and needs to be fixed.
Kweassa1'a comments about it carry no weight because he sucks. Spewing theoretical facts about how the mechanics are supposed to work means ****-all when they don't actually work fairly.

You'd trust someone that reads you a technical manual on how to fix your car - having no experience- over an actual mechanic that has fixed cars? Same difference here.

Why would I dodge it when I can get a free parry? Except it's not the same analogy, the guy who "read a technical manual" just fixed a car and he also recorded it for you.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 04:33 PM
I agree with all of those points and would simply add the tracking issues with some of his kit. Thanks for clarifying your position and responding to my latter posts. I really do appreciate it.

I don't like what you are doing right now, jib. you are talking to me like a call center rep, but I see what you are trying to do and I get it. We can just virtually shake the hands and agree to disagree on this.

Jiblet2017
08-17-2017, 04:40 PM
The "mature" discussion was over when you people failed to acknowledge the "tracking" isn't "tracking" at all -- ie., "an abnormal move that hit you despite your defensive evasion was on time, and therefore penalizing you[/b]." And then proceed on to keep arguing as if its something abnormal or wrongly penalizing you.

The tracking, is a manifestation of what's already happened -- as in, you FAILING. It's a RESULT,. not a PROCESS, and therefore in actuality DOESN'T AFFECT THE FIGHT AT ALL. The "tracking" is merely a VISUAL DISPLAY -- at the "hit detection" phase (or whatever the system calls it) you already failed the dodge timing, and therefore the hit was determined to land -- it simply displays the results of you getting hit, which just looks awkward only in CERTAIN cases such as being airborne.

It's systematically no different from you being failing a block and then getting hit by it as a result.

I was under the understanding that a roll operates differently than a dodge, as you take a stamina hit in exchange for resetting the fight to neutral. It seems counter-intuitive that cent would have the only kit that can regularly track rolls when they are specifically meant to reset the fight.

However, your understanding of tracking seems like it may be bit off. Each move has tracking to left or right (and most a bit forward) for dodges that miss the timing window. This operates off the concept of horizontal tracking (tracking to the sides to account for mistimed dodges) and tethering (the total distance from which the move will cease to track the enemy forward, left , or right). People should be punished for poor dodges (and I agree that it is best to just parry most of cent's attacks). However, I am simply saying the horizontal tracking should match the jump animation (which would not affect the move's power and avoid silly looking interactions in-game) and the tethering should be normalized and account for back rolls and physical obstacles like every other move in the game.

There is no need to get heated with bolded caps, we are just trying to have a discussion. I appreciate you spelling you your viewpoint though.

RoosterIlluzion
08-17-2017, 04:44 PM

Why would I dodge it when I can get a free parry? Except it's not the same analogy, the guy who "read a technical manual" just fixed a car and he also recorded it for you.

Because, you moron, ITS ABOUT BROKEN TRACKING. if you just parry it, it doesn't appear broken. When you dodge, the attack follows you. There should be no questioning the timing if you dodge ANY time after the attack is initiated. The attack should whiff. Ubisofts mechanic on how dodges work against attacks is BROKEN. there should not be a ****ing 10 ms window where the dodge works.
If you start an attack and I dodge, initially evading that attack, I win. The attack should not turn 180 degrees and hit me. The attack should not go around walls and hit me. You get it?
Take a break from the forums, wipe the ***z off your lip, and go meet the outdoors.

Jiblet2017
08-17-2017, 04:44 PM
I don't like what you are doing right now, jib. you are talking to me like a call center rep, but I see what you are trying to do and I get it. We can just virtually shake the hands and agree to disagree on this.

I'm just trying to be polite ant. I'm sorry that bothers you. The good news is you are free to dislike whatever you want to.

I think its a good solution to agree to disagree on the tracking issues. As for the wall and parry punish and the stam pool nerfs, i think we may have unfortunately found common ground (yay)!

RoosterIllusion- I understand your frustration sir, but please try to refrain from name calling or personal attacks. The way to get change where needed is with calm/reasoned debate and anger just gets everyone riled up.

kweassa1
08-17-2017, 04:50 PM
Like, do you people complain when you dodge smack into a top heavy and then get hit by it? Do you complain when you dodge sideways into a big sideway attack?

Why would anyone complain about that? You dodged wrong way, wrong timing. Therefore the dodge properties did not work, you get hit. The "tracking" is just that. A result of failed dodge. It only displays it weirdly because those characters we see in screen aren't physical beings wielding physical objects which require physical contact to hit. The real "reality" is the calculation, how the system handles hits, and in like 99% of the cases the illusion is good enough that nobody even notices what may be off.

It's only in this instance -- like when characters are in mid-ait attack -- that the displayed "end result" looks weird -- the guy used a jump attack, you failed the correct jump timing so it's determined a hit -- but the guy's already in the air. So how does the system handle it? He LOOKS like he turns in mid-air. That's what "tracking" is -- a visual illusion that looks slightly off.

Antonioj26
08-17-2017, 04:53 PM
Because, you moron, ITS ABOUT BROKEN TRACKING. if you just parry it, it doesn't appear broken. When you dodge, the attack follows you. There should be no questioning the timing if you dodge ANY time after the attack is initiated. The attack should whiff. Ubisofts mechanic on how dodges work against attacks is BROKEN. there should not be a ****ing 10 ms window where the dodge works.
If you start an attack and I dodge, initially evading that attack, I win. The attack should not turn 180 degrees and hit me. The attack should not go around walls and hit me. You get it?
Take a break from the forums, wipe the ***z off your lip, and go meet the outdoors.

Oh so you just want dodge to be able to get you out of everything as soon as start up happens? You should have just said from the very beginning that you suck at this game, it would have made it so much easier to understand your position.

Jiblet2017
08-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Like, do you people complain when you dodge smack into a top heavy and then get hit by it? Do you complain when you dodge sideways into a big sideway attack?

Why would anyone complain about that? You dodged wrong way, wrong timing. Therefore the dodge properties did not work, you get hit. The "tracking" is just that. A result of failed dodge. It only displays it weirdly because those characters we see in screen aren't physical beings wielding physical objects which require physical contact to hit. The real "reality" is the calculation, how the system handles hits, and in like 99% of the cases the illusion is good enough that nobody even notices what may be off.

It's only in this instance -- like when characters are in mid-ait attack -- that the displayed "end result" looks weird -- the guy used a jump attack, you failed the correct jump timing so it's determined a hit -- but the guy's already in the air. So how does the system handle it? He LOOKS like he turns in mid-air. That's what "tracking" is -- a visual illusion that looks slightly off.

What are you basing your understanding of tracking on? I would love to learn more if you have any sources that say it is not an independent mechanic capable of being broken in some instances.

My understanding of tracking is that is it a independent mechanic used orient animations in physical space (in this case on 3 axes) and it works in conjunction with player input obviously, but is not simply a result of that input. It is based on the respective spacing along those 3 axes) Source: http://meh.brpxqzme.net/himff/axis.html

Always looking to learn more though, so if you have a contradictory source please let me know.

However, I agree with Ant in that dodge should have a timing element to it. You should not be able to press dodge when centurion's (or any other character's comparable attack) shoulders are shifting, come to a full stop before he jumps, and still avoid the attack. That would make dodge far too powerful and really detract from the power of slower moves.

brashtralas
08-17-2017, 05:10 PM

So you're saying that when he attacked, I failed to dodge in time since I waited until the animation looked like an attack. So I need to dodge earlier on those attacks?

Or later?

So it's simply that the animation doesn't match the attack, resulting in what looks like crazy tracking but is actually just a bad animation.

So exactly what everyone's been saying.

I say fix, you hear nerf. I think you just like to argue.

RoosterIlluzion
08-17-2017, 05:23 PM
Oh so you just want dodge to be able to get you out of everything as soon as start up happens? You should have just said from the very beginning that you suck at this game, it would have made it so much easier to understand your position.

Yeah, sure. Nice retort.
This game shouldn't have tracking. I understand the game isn't 100% realistic, but the fighting mechanics try to be close to it. So, isn't it fair to say a ****ing 10 foot leaping stab should go straight towards what the sword is pointed at? Even you and Kweassa1 can agree with that.
So it's also fair to assume that if such an attack were even based on even semi-realism, the mother****ing cent should keep going straight ahead. And if I see the attack coming, just after the cent leaves the ground, I dodge. Should I be able to completely evade the hit?
Yes.

Is that happening?
No.

I've said it either at the beginning of this post or another, that there should be NO tracking in this game, because it's flawed.
Plenty of people *****ed about Warden's shoulder "tracking" them too, but the truth is, it was nowhere near as bad as centurion's. Yet, Warden's got a nerf.

ChampionRuby50g
09-14-2017, 02:09 PM
So was combing the forums for a post like this, seeing as I just witnessed something similar to this. Spectating a team mate, watched him literally fall over a rock on the steps leading up to C on sanctuary bridge. A Centurion was fighting an opponent on those stairs, punched that opponent down, proceeded to do the leaping attack onto the teammate BEHIND him, Doing a complete 180 in the air, and somehow ending up behind him even though his animation had already left the ground and was moving forward. I assume this happened due to the Cent unlocking from the original target and somehow picking up the player behind him. But there is no way he should have done a 180 and hit someone behind him when he jumped forward. I'd like to see you change your trajectory AFTER your feet leave the ground.

DrinkinMyStella
09-14-2017, 04:30 PM
let him do it then parry for free punish, it is really easy to parry, don't try to interrupt as it has hyper armour on it and don't roll because the range and tracking is too good.

gj4063
09-14-2017, 07:16 PM
The problem is the graphics/ animations aren't timed to match the available time to react to the attack. If cents eagle claw is obviously, visually still at a far enough distancewhere your dodge animation can get tot our off his way, toy should be able to dodge. It shouldnt be based on some variable in milliseconds that has no corresponding visual cue.

Camemberto
09-15-2017, 07:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJsahVHD7A

You say 180 are dumb? Have a look at this and tell me this is OK. I dare you.

S0Mi_xD
09-15-2017, 08:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJsahVHD7A

You say 180 are dumb? Have a look at this and tell me this is OK. I dare you.

I only say, that this video is wrong here.

That has nothing to do with the problem people have.

This happens with every hero who has a larger attack animation and makes it on a dead enemy who is still locked on.
Nothing special here, just looks funny, happens many time to me with berserker.

Jab_Jab_Wins
09-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Centurion has crazy tracking. Gladiator has a glitched/gigantic hitbox (a whole month and still no fix for such a serious problem). Imagine playing the duel as a gladiator :cool:

PDXGorechild
09-15-2017, 08:39 AM
My Berserker never slides along the ground or changes direction mid air when performing a leap attack....

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 09:41 AM
Serioisly? You guys are still on about this? This is by far the easiest and most punishable move in the Cents kit.

S.J.Lannister
09-15-2017, 12:58 PM
Serioisly? You guys are still on about this? This is by far the easiest and most punishable move in the Cents kit.

Yes, everyone is still on this and other fix on Centurion's Kit because maybe you missed that no real fix was done to Centurion. Devs are still collecting data ;) After 6 months. So seriously, we are still on about this.

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 04:41 PM
Yes, everyone is still on this and other fix on Centurion's Kit because maybe you missed that no real fix was done to Centurion. Devs are still collecting data ;) After 6 months. So seriously, we are still on about this.

I can side step Eagles Talon with Highlander...

ChampionRuby50g
09-15-2017, 11:14 PM
I can side step Eagles Talon with Highlander...

Something that has been stressed by many people in this thread, is that Defending against eagles talon isn't the problem, it's the incredibly off animation and the move connecting when it simply shouldn't. I can dodge and parry it no problem, but when I watch a Cent change direction mid air, then it's a problem. If you think it's fine for Cents to fly and turn around mid leap, I don't know what to say.

Alustar.
09-15-2017, 11:26 PM
Something that has been stressed by many people in this thread, is that Defending against eagles talon isn't the problem, it's the incredibly off animation and the move connecting when it simply shouldn't. I can dodge and parry it no problem, but when I watch a Cent change direction mid air, then it's a problem. If you think it's fine for Cents to fly and turn around mid leap, I don't know what to say.

That's less of a problem with Centurion individually and a collective problem that faces every class with leaping/dashing attacks.

On my Peacekeeper I can't count the times I've spun around and hit an entirely unintended target that I rightfully shouldn't have. Same with my Shinobi.

It's not a case of "arbitrary proof of OP Centurion" it's a simple targeting bug. And even then, it's hardly something that's going to happen frequently.

ChampionRuby50g
09-15-2017, 11:31 PM
That's less of a problem with Centurion individually and a collective problem that faces every class with leaping/dashing attacks.

On my Peacekeeper I can't count the times I've spun around and hit an entirely unintended target that I rightfully shouldn't have. Same with my Shinobi.

It's not a case of "arbitrary proof of OP Centurion" it's a simple targeting bug. And even then, it's hardly something that's going to happen frequently.

I think people just notice it more often on Centurion seeing as he is the most hated man on the planet haha... admittedly I have seen other heros do it too, and yeah it isn't frequent, but that doesn't make it something that should be looked into by the devs, and fixed. Has anything been announced regarding this stuff?

If it's a roster wide problem, probably need a new thread with a new name.

Alustar.
09-16-2017, 12:01 AM
[

I think people just notice it more often on Centurion seeing as he is the most hated man on the planet haha... admittedly I have seen other heros do it too, and yeah it isn't frequent, but that doesn't make it something that should be looked into by the devs, and fixed. Has anything been announced regarding this stuff?

If it's a roster wide problem, probably need a new thread with a new name.

That's probably true in regards to Cent, even as it is I feel it's one of the less problematic bugs. I personally can wait on a fix for it till after some of the more essential changes are made, though. Also I kind of enjoy it when I see it happening. I get that it sucks to be on the receiving end, but as a third party, seeing a guy think he's got it only to have a player flip around and go to town like he's a character straight out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is priceless.

ChampionRuby50g
09-16-2017, 02:36 AM
[

That's probably true in regards to Cent, even as it is I feel it's one of the less problematic bugs. I personally can wait on a fix for it till after some of the more essential changes are made, though. Also I kind of enjoy it when I see it happening. I get that it sucks to be on the receiving end, but as a third party, seeing a guy think he's got it only to have a player flip around and go to town like he's a character straight out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is priceless.

I can agree with it not been game breaking, with more important changes been worked on. I'm all for those getting more attention, but just hope that this doesn't remain an issue for too much longer. Because I'm right there with you in hysterical tears when I see a Cent, or any hero for that matter break the laws of physics and warp space time itself around them to kill an opponent...right until that opponent is me.