PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft - Tournament results - Centurion, unlock tech and Roman

StriderBorne
08-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Watched the tournament...a few things here.

One round -
Banana pushes Shugoki with near full HP into a wall. Announcer - This is it! This is it! He can't get out of it!
Is ASTOUNDED when Shugoki somehow slides out with 10% HP and doesn't insta die from Centurion.

One round against Nobushi - Banana combo starts at 39 seconds, ends at 50 seconds 100-0 death.
Another round - combo starts at 47 seconds - ends at 57 seconds with Nobushi at 5% because Banana missed once.

At the end when the Nobushi player shook Romans hand and Roman says 'good job buddy, you may have to change your playstyle'. Roman leans in for a half hug
and whispers something. What was it? "wait til you see Gladiator" ?

Ubisoft - dont want to hear anymore BS about Centurion not good at 1 vs 1 mode anymore so you're afraid to balance him. Banana was wrecking nearly everyone.
Cut the bs.
The only thing stronger was the unlock bug that you haven't fixed! LOL (but Roman get his guys right on that one, huh?)

Netcode_err_404
08-14-2017, 06:07 PM
"He is trash tier"

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 07:02 PM
While that does need looking at, I would still have preferred Bandana win using the intended mechanics in play as opposed to a guy that got through his entire run using cheats and I find it odd that the most vocal person over techs must not be fixed until parries are (not meaning you, I mean someone who was all over the board over it yesterday) is a nobushi main. I only saw one of the nobushi's other matches and I doubt he would have gotten by Hhhmmm without the sped up zone.

StriderBorne
08-14-2017, 07:27 PM
It gloriously highlighted some consistently unaddressed issues...livestream..when they are trying to drum up more players a cheater wins.
The excuses and 'we are aware...' answers hath now bitten them in the buttock.

StriderBorne
08-14-2017, 07:30 PM
The winner saying 'I haven't played in 2 weeks." and "It was really easy" and "Please dont patch Nobushi" to Roman has to be some kind of troll of the year award.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 07:38 PM
They have been pretty good about patching the unlocks that they are made aware of but that one was apparently kept close to the chest so hopefully it gets dealt with soon. The thing that annoyed me most was that the casters were talking about it as if it was the pinnacle of skilled play like they were saying a warlord main had an unlock only one other person knew of and he was one of the best 'in the lab' at finding them. They're talking about cheating like it's something everyone should add to their kit.

Ubisoft can do nothing at all about tournaments held outside, bt the one on their stream with their money as the prize they should have laid down hard and fast rules over that.

Wolf-Heathen
08-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Why didn't they just sit these players down collectively for a pre-tournament huddle and go over the rules and sportsmanship they expect for the tournament. Deliberately using exploits on a televised and officially funded tournament are the last thing they wanted advertised to the public. And don't give me that, "It's in the build, so it's legal" nonsense. Roman was extremely awkward when he went to congratulate the winner and it's precisely of how the player won that made the situation so cringy. On one hand they don't want to be encouraging or condoning this type of behavior, and yet they had to still celebrate the kid for winning their tournament.

Especially after the farce of the previous tournament just weeks ago where everyone just ran in circles abusing stampede charge, Ubisoft should have anticipated this and laid down some ground rules for their televised tournament. All this does is diminish the game and add to the perception that for Honor is joke plagued with bugs, glaring balance issues, and technical issues.

kibinas1985
08-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Watched seasson 3 turnament and the gameplay sucked , all the way guardbreaking and defending it , there should be a stamina loss if you guardbreak some one and get defended , way to mutch spaming of it , it creates big oportunities but should not be a main thing to do .

Wolf-Heathen
08-14-2017, 08:04 PM
I mean, why even having blocking and parrying in the game when you're just flooding the roster with UB/pin moves, and guardbreaks/wall splats are so punishing??

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 08:48 PM
centurion is legaly cheating. thes the only difference. and they got upset becuase cent didnt win. smh

Jiblet2017
08-14-2017, 09:45 PM
centurion is legaly cheating. thes the only difference. and they got upset becuase cent didnt win. smh

"Cent may be strong in 4's but cent is mid tier at best in 1's"
"Cent only is effective against low tier players"

Cent player goes on a 16 game win-streak and finishes in finals of tournament against players better than 99.9% of people on these forums (only losing to an exploit).

*crickets*

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 09:57 PM

Cent player goes on a 16 game win-streak and finishes in finals of tournament against players better than 99.9% of people on these forums (only losing to an exploit).

*crickets*

You do realise that the guy using him was also better than 99.99% of players on this forum, yes? You make it sound like it was just his character and that devalues the fact that he too is a high level player.

As to the question of 1v1, I can honestly say that in a 1v1 duel I beat more (though not many more) centurions than I lose to on occasions players are considered 'on a par' with me. 4v4 they make any matchup a bad one, usually the only reason I stick around in that scenario is if I am playing the heavy or the heavy on the team isn't holding zone and I have something marginally better than anyone else has and even then I am hoping someone sees the base has been white for the last thirty or so seconds and comes to help.

Not saying there aren't problems, the tracking is ridiculous and the crowd control as a whole is very not fun, on the latter point it is a matter of seeing what happens with what Ubi have in the patch tomorrow.

brashtralas
08-14-2017, 10:41 PM
I think the problem is that I feel cheated after losing to a centurion(and before anyone freaks out, I'm maiming him right now) because he has such ridiculous combos and mixups.

No one wants to sit back and watch themselves die. His attacks have variable timing, and even his charged attacks have tricky timing because you can very easily dodge too early.

Add in his stamina drain, and you might not come back from oos state.

The problems with the centurion are fundamental, and thus, hard to fix. They designed him in such a way that nerfing any one aspect has a very real chance of handicapping him.

Then account for fun factor and 4v4, and you have a very broken character.

But, HE IS JUST TOO COOL LOOKING.

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 10:46 PM

*crickets*

Stop. Please stop with this. its old and everybody knows its a lie. cent is op in all gamemodes. he was built this way. you dont have to admit it its a known fact. wanna prove me and everyone wrong. then use any hero against cent and win. then post the video. other than that anyyobne can write stuff that make sense. so please stop with this. dont worry no one is touching cent. he might even get a buff to keep up with the new heros. so RELAX.