PDA

View Full Version : Gladiators Trident

GrimBlitzer
08-14-2017, 03:06 PM
I just want to say......

I love the sound it makes when he swings it lol, It sounds like a lightsaber and it's epic xD

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 03:30 PM
I love the locked stance, when he holds the trident point down, he really does look like a prizefighter.

Grivois_Gaulois
08-14-2017, 03:40 PM
He probably would has been better with a net instead of the buckler though, as certainly funnier to play...

Lyskir
08-14-2017, 04:04 PM
i love his style,cant wait for tomorrow :D

T_Sesh
08-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Funny thing about the trident wielding gladiators in history - they were considered to be among the lowest class of fighters, not even truly gladiators. They didn't wear helmets at all, and one emperor actually had them executed as a matter of fact if they lost, so the public could see their "exquisite" faces of agony when they died. The trident was also really only ever paired with a net (fighting in the "style of a fisherman"), though I imagine that would be difficult to do in the game as anything other than a feat.

GrimBlitzer
08-14-2017, 04:32 PM
Also, after watching some youtubers play him/her, did anyone notice his guard stance depletion? was it the same speed as Shinobi's? it seemed like it was faster than PK or Orochi's.

T_Sesh
08-14-2017, 04:36 PM
Also, after watching some youtubers play him/her, did anyone notice his guard stance depletion? was it the same speed as Shinobi's? it seemed like it was faster than PK or Orochi's.

It's supposed to be about the same speed as shinobi's, I imagine he's meant to be played extremely aggressively, what with his larger stamina pool and long combo chains. Aggression of course means you are more likely to get parried, so we'll see how he works out.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 04:46 PM
It's supposed to be about the same speed as shinobi's, I imagine he's meant to be played extremely aggressively, what with his larger stamina pool and long combo chains. Aggression of course means you are more likely to get parried, so we'll see how he works out.

Seems about right, I was keeping an eye on his stamina pool in the brawls, the melee attacks take a good chunk out of them and the zone to guaranteed heavy if it hits takes near the full bar, it comes back very quick but I would guess this is a means of not having a neverending chain.

GrimBlitzer
08-14-2017, 07:26 PM
I feel like this hero will be very fun as well as challenging, I never really got into assassins due to their guard stance depletion but this hero makes me want to "git gud" with him/her!

Same with Highlander also.

These 2 new heroes seem more balanced this time around as well. I know some people were mentioning Gladiators foot stab as a potential problem, but also we haven't had any time to see about these heroes for ourselves yet. It comes off as really quick/spammy, but somewhat telegraphed?

Not saying nerf or O/P of course, this is all speculation from comments on youtube and watching gameplay.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 07:41 PM
I feel like this hero will be very fun as well as challenging, I never really got into assassins due to their guard stance depletion but this hero makes me want to "git gud" with him/her!

Same with Highlander also.

These 2 new heroes seem more balanced this time around as well. I know some people were mentioning Gladiators foot stab as a potential problem, but also we haven't had any time to see about these heroes for ourselves yet. It comes off as really quick/spammy, but somewhat telegraphed?

Not saying nerf or O/P of course, this is all speculation from comments on youtube and watching gameplay.

Yeah they look good, I want to pick up the gladiator some time, but I spend most of my time in 4v4s as a PUG player, my main is an assassin and I really need characters a bit tankier for when I see my team being filled with them lol. I will likely be levelling the gladiator with one of the season 4 heroes and maybe the two assassins I was working on and have left on the backburner in favour of others I needed to start working on.