PDA

View Full Version : I was just reviewing Patch v1.11 notes and...

kweassa1
08-14-2017, 08:32 AM
...where'd the Parry section go...??? :confused:

Did they mention something about delaying changes to the Parry??

Knight_Raime
08-14-2017, 08:39 AM
yes. the OOS changes and parry changes from the ptr test are not coming. they wanted to review the data more since it got a lot of polarizing feedback.

kweassa1
08-14-2017, 08:55 AM
Jesus Christ.. .friggin' wankers opposed to change... :mad:

There goes the "meta fix". :rolleyes: More of same exact krap with heavy feint games and reactive parrying for easy damage without risk. :rolleyes:

When they announce a change of fix in meta, they should have anticipated a lot of lazy arses that can't get used to changes would just veto it. Should have taken a leap of faith for the better.

Once you cop out from an influential change in this manner, the "delay" just gets longer and longer until it just blows off.

Chip damage increase and all the rest of shi* don't mean squat when nobody is going to attack in any considerable amount in the first place. Why the royal fek would I want to risk getting hit by guaranteed 30~60 damage on me? Somebody wants to deal me chip damage with heavies only? (Yes, I noticed they also rolled back chip damage from lights) --- OHOHO please do so as often as possible.

Absolutely absurd. Went a nice two steps forward with the PTS2, and they went three steps back.

Tyrjo
08-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Absolutely absurd. Went a nice two steps forward with the PTS2, and they went three steps back.

I don't agree. It is a small step forward. I also think these changes should be tested really, really well since once the decision is made to go live, it is pretty much a point of no return.

I'm personally fine with parry not rewarding a GB. However I'm more concerned about the OOS state. I think the punish is to hard at the moment. Especially that you can't parry unblockable attacks. It really shifts the power towards heroes who can drain you stamina and also have a heatseeking unblockable and the means to finish you off when in that state (*cough* Centurion *cough*).

kweassa1
08-14-2017, 09:15 AM
Wow.. everything's gone...

- the parry changes
- the flicker fix
- chip damage on lights
- OOS and stamina management
- stamina regen halt on dodge and block

...nothing's left of the PTS version. Only thing we got is an animation related fix and revenge that only applies in dominion, and increased chip damage on heavy.

Season 3 is just a fuc*ing REHASH of exact same Season2 with just 2 new classes thrown into the fray to do THE EXACT SAME SHI*.

And for a moment, with all the complaints and requests of change, wanting fixes and shi*, I thought the community actually wanted change, ROFL.

The "community" basically proved what a bunch of hypocrites they are, and how they all talk of wanting better balance and change, and yet just shut their mouths the moments when someone tells them that "change" includeds themselves as well. LOL

Yeeeeep. Basically, from the point where the devs rolled back on the meta-fix due to negativity, every single balance complaint, meta complain, turtling complaint is worthless piece of garbage.

LOL...

Herbstlicht
08-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Hm. To accentuate this, keep in mind, they want to start hero balancing after those changes go live. So. Season 4, end of the first year, will change the meta. With the start of the second year, we might - maybe - see some rebalancing of those Heros in the roster that become redundant.

kweassa1
08-14-2017, 09:18 AM
I don't agree. It is a small step forward. I also think these changes should be tested really, really well since once the decision is made to go live, it is pretty much a point of no return.

I'm personally fine with parry not rewarding a GB. However I'm more concerned about the OOS state. I think the punish is to hard at the moment. Especially that you can't parry unblockable attacks. It really shifts the power towards heroes who can drain you stamina and also have a heatseeking unblockable and the means to finish you off when in that state (*cough* Centurion *cough*).

Forgive me if I'm extremely irritated but WHAT F***ING 'STEP'? What? There is no "step" at all because EVERYTHING'S ROLLED BACK in terms of fight mechanics.

The only thing that made it out is chip damage on HEAVIES ONLY, and revenge/gank changes that only applies to dominion.

How do you suppose the game made any 'step' forward when they FUC**** AMPUTATED THE ENTIRE FOOT? Nothing's left of the PTS. It's all gone.

Season 3 is just a CTRL+C / CTRL+V of season2 in terms of combat mechanics. There's nothing there.

Linnix1
08-14-2017, 09:23 AM
The best thing is. It's Tha fact so few people could get on the PTS to try this or were just turned off by it cause of the OOS buffs Ubi actually for the first time has the right to say they need more data

kweassa1
08-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Hm. To accentuate this, keep in mind, they want to start hero balancing after those changes go live. So. Season 4, end of the first year, will change the meta. With the start of the second year, we might - maybe - see some rebalancing of those Heros in the roster that become redundant.

How many people, that were dearly wishing season3 was going to be the big turn-around that fixed their biggest problems with the game, do you think, will be left until the second year?

What's even more insulting is the time and effort people put into PTS2 to help make it a smooth transition. What were we? Were we some testbed guineapigs? Lab rats?

If the entire thing was going to be overturned because friggin lazy as*hats who got too used to the old dreary meta of picking their nose while blocking shi* and just random spamming heavyfeints everywhere didn't like it, then why fuc*ing bother asking the community to help out with testing and provide input?

What? They gonna ask for sincere testing and feedback for other stuff later? Why should any of us friggin care when they can just simply cancel it entirely because wankers didn't like it?

They basically devalued everything with the entire test process. It means our input don't mean shi*.

Linnix1
08-14-2017, 09:26 AM
Hey there ya go took you 3 seasons but you finally realized your input and the players means jack squat to Ubi as long as you buy steel like a obidient drone they don't care.

Oupyz
08-14-2017, 09:37 AM
hello , i have been writting topics for the last 2 days complaining that there's no parry changes and no oos changes , basically they fixed nothing at all

no one will combo cause of parry it will be just more stare and stare season 3 is season 2

i really gave up on ubisoft. but i can't blame them here , people cried about parry oh no parry is gone we cannot turtle and win anymore s.h.i.t community

kweassa1
08-14-2017, 10:35 AM
hello , i have been writting topics for the last 2 days complaining that there's no parry changes and no oos changes , basically they fixed nothing at all

no one will combo cause of parry it will be just more stare and stare season 3 is season 2

i really gave up on ubisoft. but i can't blame them here , people cried about parry oh no parry is gone we cannot turtle and win anymore s.h.i.t community

Yeah. The community's basically full of shi*.

Frankly, among all the disappointments I've experienced in For Honor, this one takes the cake. The meta-fix overturned by the community who so relentlessly whined how For Honor system and balance had problems.

Basically any f-in' idiot that ever whines about how cents do too much damage? LOL Guess what. The "community" brushed off the parry changes that would have brought it under control. Hope you hypocrites suffer really, really bad from the krapshi* of freebie parry damage, all through the next 3 months into season4. You've basically asked for it.

Mia.Nora
08-14-2017, 10:48 AM
Yeah. The community's basically full of shi*.

Frankly, among all the disappointments I've experienced in For Honor, this one takes the cake. The meta-fix overturned by the community who so relentlessly whined how For Honor system and balance had problems.

Basically any f-in' idiot that ever whines about how cents do too much damage? LOL Guess what. The "community" brushed off the parry changes that would have brought it under control. Hope you hypocrites suffer really, really bad from the krapshi* of freebie parry damage, all through the next 3 months into season4. You've basically asked for it.

First of all you need to calm the **** down.

Second what the **** this has anything to do with Centurion, stop arguing with the voices in your head.

Problem with parry changes is that FH dev team is not capable of separating bits and pieces and they follow an 'all or nothing' attitude. Parry changes as a whole package were horrible, but there were a few good pieces in there. Devs messes up as usual and instead of going in with the bits that are welcomed, and rooting out stupid ideas they decided to put it on shelf as a whole.

To clarify;

Good bits in parry changes;
- no GB after parry

Bad bits;
- No parry in OOS
- some classed getting way too much ahead of others with their parry follow up in their movekits (Centurion/WL)
- parry guaranteeing a generic light causing imbalance between parry punishes among classes (Warden, Oroichi, Shinobi getting double lights, Warden getting top light+SB as opposed to others getting single light)
- Stamina punish issues with parry punishes (WL, Centurion, Shugoki (light>headbutt) getting someone OOS from almost a single parry)

Parry changes couldn't have rolled out as is, but the problem is that instead of rolling out no GB right now to deal with it later at stages they decided not to do anything at all.

Oupyz
08-14-2017, 11:15 AM
Parry shouldn't give free heavy no matter what class if there must be a reward for parry a free light is welcomed but that's about it , not really hard to fix parry , just the community and especially turtle lords in our community opposed the changes

it's a disaster and its the sort of all problems for honor is facing

parry changes weren't bad the community is what is wrong with the game

Tyrjo
08-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Forgive me if I'm extremely irritated but WHAT F***ING 'STEP'? What? There is no "step" at all because EVERYTHING'S ROLLED BACK in terms of fight mechanics.

The only thing that made it out is chip damage on HEAVIES ONLY, and revenge/gank changes that only applies to dominion.

Oh, I thought lights had chip dmg too.

That is at least how I interpret this:

Chip Damage

Chip Damage on attacks dealing 0 to 20 damage increased to 18% (from 2%).
Chip Damage on attacks dealing 21 to 45 damage increased to 18% (from 5%).
Chip Damage on attacks dealing more than 45 damage increased to 18% (from 10%).

Tyrjo
08-14-2017, 12:33 PM
One of the reasons I'm not too worried about the changes on PTS not going through yet could be that I play on PS4. The turtle meta isn't really that prevalent on this platform in my opinion.

Mythic MK II
08-14-2017, 02:27 PM
Hey there ya go took you 3 seasons but you finally realized your input and the players means jack squat to Ubi as long as you buy steel like a obidient drone they don't care.

The reason WHY they didn't go through with it is DUE to the player feedback. How is that not listening to the player input? It was somewhat of a even split between going through with it and not going through with it by the people that played the PTR2.

Look, I am not too much of a fan about some of the changes they have made or of the direction they have taken the game but I do acknowledge their effort into making this game better.
There are so many people that just blindly rage against the Devs because they work for Ubisoft.
I t seems most that rant here have become rage indused commenters, with no way to cool themselfs down.

I don't like some of the fights against certain characters, I don't like some of the mechanics in this game, but I do become rational after a bit and not go to the forums insta ranting about crap that, after a cooldown period, could be discussed in a proper manner.

People are more willing to listen to others when they are being rational in their discussion, not the rage and **** talk that we see here on the forums.

Dude_of_Valor
08-14-2017, 02:37 PM
One of the reasons I'm not too worried about the changes on PTS not going through yet could be that I play on PS4. The turtle meta isn't really that prevalent on this platform in my opinion.

I play on xbox and this is also true.

Netcode_err_404
08-14-2017, 04:03 PM
first of all you need to calm the **** down.

Second what the **** this has anything to do with centurion, stop arguing with the voices in your head.

Problem with parry changes is that fh dev team is not capable of separating bits and pieces and they follow an 'all or nothing' attitude. Parry changes as a whole package were horrible, but there were a few good pieces in there. Devs messes up as usual and instead of going in with the bits that are welcomed, and rooting out stupid ideas they decided to put it on shelf as a whole.

To clarify;

good bits in parry changes;
- no gb after parry

bad bits;
- no parry in oos
- some classed getting way too much ahead of others with their parry follow up in their movekits (centurion/wl)
- parry guaranteeing a generic light causing imbalance between parry punishes among classes (warden, oroichi, shinobi getting double lights, warden getting top light+sb as opposed to others getting single light)
- stamina punish issues with parry punishes (wl, centurion, shugoki (light>headbutt) getting someone oos from almost a single parry)

parry changes couldn't have rolled out as is, but the problem is that instead of rolling out no gb right now to deal with it later at stages they decided not to do anything at all.

this

Lyskir
08-14-2017, 04:09 PM

Second what the **** this has anything to do with Centurion, stop arguing with the voices in your head.

Problem with parry changes is that FH dev team is not capable of separating bits and pieces and they follow an 'all or nothing' attitude. Parry changes as a whole package were horrible, but there were a few good pieces in there. Devs messes up as usual and instead of going in with the bits that are welcomed, and rooting out stupid ideas they decided to put it on shelf as a whole.

To clarify;

- no GB after parry

Bad bits;
- No parry in OOS
- some classed getting way too much ahead of others with their parry follow up in their movekits (Centurion/WL)
- parry guaranteeing a generic light causing imbalance between parry punishes among classes (Warden, Oroichi, Shinobi getting double lights, Warden getting top light+SB as opposed to others getting single light)
- Stamina punish issues with parry punishes (WL, Centurion, Shugoki (light>headbutt) getting someone OOS from almost a single parry)

Parry changes couldn't have rolled out as is, but the problem is that instead of rolling out no GB right now to deal with it later at stages they decided not to do anything at all.

yep this

Arekonator
08-14-2017, 04:10 PM
OP sure likes to project his insecurities on other people.

S0Mi_xD
08-14-2017, 04:34 PM

To clarify;

- no GB after parry

Bad bits;
- No parry in OOS

I understand that no parry in OOS is scary, but thats exactly the point of taking away parry on OOS, to make OOS dangerous.
But to get this change, the stamina dmg from some heroes and from parry needs to be adjusted to this change, because currently heroes like Centurion, Shugoki, Raider - core machanics like Parry do to much stamina dmg, it is much to easy to force an enemy into OOS.

Heroes getting a single light, or a zone attack, some of them a dash attack.
- Wardens double light isn't that strong with 24 dmg.
- Orochis with 31 would be abit strong but this could be adjusted by nerfing the second light dmg (only for double light)
- Shinobi double light is 22

The only problems would be Stamina punish and centurion.
(also shinobi gets a ranged gb from parry)

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 05:04 PM
And the orochi got a slight nerf. while still waiting for the rework hahahaha.

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 05:07 PM
why should you get a free hit from a parry ??
its better if parry is used for unblockables attacks only. makes sense. unless if you prefer to win with free hits. smh

T_Sesh
08-14-2017, 05:12 PM
Parry and OOS PTR changes were never coming to season 3, they always knew there would need to be modifications before going live - that's why there will be no defensive meta overhaul going live until season 4 at the earliest, as there will be multiple PTRs between now and then to find something most are happy with. The chip damage and revenge changes that were in the PTR were already slated to be in season 3, and were going to be in regardless of what happened in the PTR.

Linnix1
08-14-2017, 05:18 PM
No it's not cause of player feed back but a lack of it because there were just so few people on the PTS they couldn't get enough data to see if the changes were functioning correctly

bmason1000
08-14-2017, 07:08 PM
Parry and OOS PTR changes were never coming to season 3, they always knew there would need to be modifications before going live - that's why there will be no defensive meta overhaul going live until season 4 at the earliest, as there will be multiple PTRs between now and then to find something most are happy with. The chip damage and revenge changes that were in the PTR were already slated to be in season 3, and were going to be in regardless of what happened in the PTR.
I just read this entire thread waiting to get to the part where someone wrote this post. Thank you.

Everyone read that post again.

Sir_rage_quit
08-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Wow.. everything's gone...

- the parry changes
- the flicker fix
- chip damage on lights
- OOS and stamina management
- stamina regen halt on dodge and block

...nothing's left of the PTS version. Only thing we got is an animation related fix and revenge that only applies in dominion, and increased chip damage on heavy.

Season 3 is just a fuc*ing REHASH of exact same Season2 with just 2 new classes thrown into the fray to do THE EXACT SAME SHI*.

And for a moment, with all the complaints and requests of change, wanting fixes and shi*, I thought the community actually wanted change, ROFL.

The "community" basically proved what a bunch of hypocrites they are, and how they all talk of wanting better balance and change, and yet just shut their mouths the moments when someone tells them that "change" includeds themselves as well. LOL

Yeeeeep. Basically, from the point where the devs rolled back on the meta-fix due to negativity, every single balance complaint, meta complain, turtling complaint is worthless piece of garbage.

LOL...

i left after the horrible lunch of season 2 , i come back because of those change and now it wont happen.... UBisolf fix your game

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 07:23 PM
I just read this entire thread waiting to get to the part where someone wrote this post. Thank you.

Everyone read that post again.

Yeah I made that point yesterday in another thread. I would have rather that the changes had gone through, I really dislike the defensive meta and the sooner they make the changes the sooner the heroes can get a balance pass over it, but they said in the Den some of it was only in testing phase, others had already been in the patch and that they will be doing PTS tests to test the fight system changes with a view to getting it right when they put it in.

UbiInsulin
08-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Hey guys, changes in private tests are there to be tested. A change being present in the PTS does not mean it will be present in the very next patch. The change not being in the next patch also doesn't mean the change will never come to the live build of the game, either. As we said in the Meta Changes post (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-296526-16/public-test-meta-changes):

The scope of the changes deployed in this Public Test environment represents a first set of revisions that we’ve been working on. We’ve tested many more over the past few months, but as we move towards improving the balance between offense and defense we also want to make sure we don’t break the game entirely or fix it only for one portion of the community, which is why we want to deploy changes progressively and measure each iteration’s impact before moving on to the next. In short, please consider this as a proposed first step towards addressing the Turtle / Defensive Meta, not a definitive fix.

The dev team has to factor in the timing of patches and the feedback received from the community when making these decisions. They're definitely still working hard to address the defensive meta.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-14-2017, 10:00 PM
Looks for long awaited Centurion nerfs. See's they're absent...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/giphy.gif

Sir_rage_quit
08-14-2017, 10:49 PM
At both release of the Dlc People were like wait until the dlc it will be a new fresh game !! No it not its look like it will be the same thing again ... i hope they fixed something other wise i would start to wonder the hell they do other then sitting on there A** all day

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-15-2017, 01:48 AM
At both release of the Dlc People were like wait until the dlc it will be a new fresh game !! No it not its look like it will be the same thing again ... i hope they fixed something other wise i would start to wonder the hell they do other then sitting on there A** all day

Its obvious what they're doing mate...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/14y58weWdsI7ja/giphy.gif

Felis_Menari
08-15-2017, 08:44 AM
Sad to see the parry and OOS changes (except for no parries while OOS. That **** can **** right off, barring massive needs to non-parry stamina drains) get held back, quite possibly until season four. I am really glad about them yanking light chip though. That would have favored fast light attackers so hard it's not even funny (fast lighters can be a pain, at least on consoles). And really, to sell light chip damage with blocks being done by weapons (and especially shields), *ALL* light block animations would have to be redone. Otherwise, it would look so very silly, for actually taking damage. This ain't Street Fighter, yo!

Rep30Lawbro
08-15-2017, 10:08 AM
So let me get this straight... basically come Season 3, Zone flicker is still going to be an issue, and after a parry you will still be able to GB or land a heavy?

Felis_Menari
08-15-2017, 10:20 AM
So let me get this straight... basically come Season 3, Zone flicker is still going to be an issue, and after a parry you will still be able to GB or land a heavy?

So much for those meta changes, potentially three seasons running (lol)! The only significant change coming (aside from characters being added, naturally) is chip damage being ramped up on heavies, which I can get behind. But, as others have said, on its own it's not going to be a game changer.

darkspawn2101
08-15-2017, 10:54 AM
Honestly, I wasn't that enamored with the changes as far as chip damage and stamina. So.

I'm not all that displeased. Might be they actually -lisened- to the people who tested.

Rep30Lawbro
08-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Yay, so gotta deal with more flicker. The parry changes doesn't effect us on console so much, well because the defensive meta isn't as prevalent on console. Classic PC gamers whining and ruining it for everyone else.

What about guard break during heavy startup? Does anyone know about that?

Vonnivek
08-15-2017, 12:09 PM
to the origin post, not everyone like the parry change, so don't think your opinion is the best opinion and blame UBI for not fulfilling your desire.

As a console player, I'm not encounter much defensive meta that bothers me too much
but some moves like Warlord's headbutt is too safe and his shield defense make warlord's play style too defensive, this should be changed

In my opinion, the parry change should be like this:

1. parry heavy doesn't guarantee a GB, only guarantee a light
2. parry a fast light (<=500ms) guarantee a heavy
(since parry a fast light isn't that easy, also you have to risk the opponent is doing a heavy instead of a light, which will hit you if you parry too early)
if you guys think a heavy after parry a light is too much, UBI can make the damage of a heavy after parry lower than normal heavy
3. GB only guarantee a light, not a heavy anymore
(since a success GB sometimes based on luck, for example, both players press GB at the same time, but due to network latency, one GB the other
also a heavy after GB is too much, make everybody spam GB)

I think these changes are better that PTR2, maybe lol

that's my thought

Oupyz
08-15-2017, 12:33 PM
to the origin post, not everyone like the parry change, so don't think your opinion is the best opinion and blame UBI for not fulfilling your desire.

As a console player, I'm not encounter much defensive meta that bothers me too much
but some moves like Warlord's headbutt is too safe and his shield defense make warlord's play style too defensive, this should be changed

In my opinion, the parry change should be like this:

1. parry heavy doesn't guarantee a GB, only guarantee a light
2. parry a fast light (<=500ms) guarantee a heavy
(since parry a fast light isn't that easy, also you have to risk the opponent is doing a heavy instead of a light, which will hit you if you parry too early)
if you guys think a heavy after parry a light is too much, UBI can make the damage of a heavy after parry lower than normal heavy
3. GB only guarantee a light, not a heavy anymore
(since a success GB sometimes based on luck, for example, both players press GB at the same time, but due to network latency, one GB the other
also a heavy after GB is too much, make everybody spam GB)

I think these changes are better that PTR2, maybe lol

that's my thought

lol your thoughts .

bad ideas

parry changes weren't great but with little tweaks here and there we could have killed the defensive meta once and for all

and i'am a pc player and i parry like a nobrainer and i win games due to parry and im not proud about it , cause it makes duels zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz feint festival at high level of play

OOS changes were the best for the game , i really liked and loved how they handle oos , 2 bad that also didn't land to the live version

GMG Peter
08-15-2017, 01:43 PM
The best thing is. It's Tha fact so few people could get on the PTS to try this or were just turned off by it cause of the OOS buffs Ubi actually for the first time has the right to say they need more data

Exactly

iAlwaysL0se
08-16-2017, 10:08 PM

Yeeaaaa its pretty sad they shafted console players for the Public Test when they say "we need more data" but try to pull that "data" primarily from the PC community of the game that is fighting to stay alive. They definitely would get more result if the Test Server was on ALL platforms. Who is making the major decisions over there?!? lol

Auztinito
08-16-2017, 11:32 PM
I'm glad the changes didn't come.
Reason being you don't care for balanced skill-based gameplay at all.Everything you(specifically) have advocated for since Season 1 has led to most of the problems that For Honor has.
If you don't recall then I have two examples.
Centurion's broken concept.You have defended this character to death for the most part of Season Two.
You advocated for the Season Two Revenge Mode changes,every single one of them.Revenge winded up being utterly useless in Season Two.

Wolf-Heathen
08-17-2017, 12:32 AM
We’ve tested many more over the past few months, but as we move towards improving the balance between offense and defense we also want to make sure we don’t break the game entirely or fix it only for one portion of the community...

Yeah...I find those sentiments entirely insincere when you willingly release a character like the Centurion.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfbB_-IRNwJB_eNUNCECg8xxt4mhYA3XjXoj-Z_ihF8sZgewy1
I guess you're less concerned about breaking the game when it means more Season Pass sales.