PDA

View Full Version : Ingame Recording

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 02:06 AM
Since I heard BoB will be in an entirely new engine, I figured this would be possible. In FPS games you can record your game, much like IL-2 tracks. I was thinking about having an option to record to a certain file so that nothing can be modified. In tracks you can control the camera in such, but in this format it would just be video that could be extracted to frames and such. Half-Life's .dem Demo files can be extracted into BMP files, so I figured IL-2 demo files should be able to. Maybe include tools to convert them to AVI or DivX outright.

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 02:06 AM
Since I heard BoB will be in an entirely new engine, I figured this would be possible. In FPS games you can record your game, much like IL-2 tracks. I was thinking about having an option to record to a certain file so that nothing can be modified. In tracks you can control the camera in such, but in this format it would just be video that could be extracted to frames and such. Half-Life's .dem Demo files can be extracted into BMP files, so I figured IL-2 demo files should be able to. Maybe include tools to convert them to AVI or DivX outright.