PDA

View Full Version : controls on xbox are terrible

rosegaming
08-13-2017, 07:13 PM
Okay I've put up with bad controls before even now in for honor i do i almost strictly play Lawbringer but i keep running into bad control layouts im back peddling to gain minor distance the enemy throws out a guard break but because im back peddling when i try to counter i do the long arm costing me a significant amount of health its unreasonable its poor layout with no thought put into the control layout for consoles. it made very obvious by controls like these that the game is not made with console in mind but for computers and dont get me wrong i would play on the computer but my computer a piece of trash so thats not an option for me and a decent computer is pricey. it boils down to lack of thought put forward by devs as to how well this would work for console. any way talk about your iues with the control for this game pc or console id love to see how many other people have similair issues

Tundra 793
08-13-2017, 07:19 PM
To be honest, I've never heard anyone make this particular complaint before. You frequently see PC players using controllers actually.

I was always under the impression that For Honor was designed with controllers in mind.

I'm not exactly sure where your problems lie, but you can try to remap some buttons in the Xbox settings, see if that helps.

Moondyne_MC
08-13-2017, 11:04 PM
Huh, it's funny, I've always disliked the idea of moves being on back + GB because of instances like that, but my LB is nearly rep 4 now and I have literally NEVER accidentally Long Armed when going for a CGB, or even just a moving GB.

However, when I bust out Shugoki, it happens to me constantly. I would love to be able to change DemEm input.

Knight_Raime
08-13-2017, 11:08 PM
Sorry but that's a you problem.
And a majority of pc players use some version of the xbox one controller.
so it's not a console thing. you're just messing up inputs.

Moondyne_MC
08-13-2017, 11:55 PM
Sorry but that's a you problem.
And a majority of pc players use some version of the xbox one controller.
so it's not a console thing. you're just messing up inputs.

While OP's post is a little over the top, you gotta admit having such an integral game mechanic (CGB) to have almost identical input to certain moves (DemsEm being the worst offender) which have MASSIVE risks tied to them is less than ideal. The difference between a CGB and accidentaly killing yourself with a missed hug/long arm can be a slight nudge backwards on the left stick, which seems a pretty minor error to make for the punishment entailed.

Knight_Raime
08-14-2017, 12:01 AM
While OP's post is a little over the top, you gotta admit having such an integral game mechanic (CGB) to have almost identical input to certain moves (DemsEm being the worst offender) which have MASSIVE risks tied to them is less than ideal. The difference between a CGB and accidentaly killing yourself with a missed hug/long arm can be a slight nudge backwards on the left stick, which seems a pretty minor error to make for the punishment entailed.

I can agree that the fact that i can even happen is a sucky thing.
but I can't really gauge on how bad it is since I don't see it happen often. nor does it ever happen to me when i'm playing LB.
I really can't think of a solution for it off the top of my head either.

But I wouldn't go as far as saying the controls for a controller are bad simply because this could happen.

UbiJurassic
08-14-2017, 01:19 AM
Controller remapping is in the works and we're looking to get more information on where it is in development from the team. Having tried both a controller and mouse+kb layout, I personally find the controls on the controller much more accessible than mouse+kb. Of course, that's all up to player personal preference and the amount of time you spend on each.