PDA

View Full Version : 110 handling

FWdreamer
03-11-2004, 09:28 AM
S!
Just wondering about the overall ahndeling of the 110 is? I know it has decent speed and can take some damage, but has anyone really put it through its paces? Can it handle some dogfighting moves? Or can it do some sharp turns if I drop flaps and kill one engine to snap me around quicker? How is it in terms of shallow dive bombing? Does it run better on CEM or auto prop? Just looking for some views and any in game facts about it like speed and such.

Thanks for any and all input on this wonderful plane.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
FWDreamer

FWdreamer
03-11-2004, 09:28 AM
S!
Just wondering about the overall ahndeling of the 110 is? I know it has decent speed and can take some damage, but has anyone really put it through its paces? Can it handle some dogfighting moves? Or can it do some sharp turns if I drop flaps and kill one engine to snap me around quicker? How is it in terms of shallow dive bombing? Does it run better on CEM or auto prop? Just looking for some views and any in game facts about it like speed and such.

Thanks for any and all input on this wonderful plane.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif
FWDreamer

Cragger
03-11-2004, 10:01 AM
1. Its a fair turner as much as the P-38 is anyway and its rollrate is similar to the P-47.

2. Combat flaps are good to get alittle more turn but burn your energy off which is the 110s only friend.

3. Killing one engine will only burn off a ton of E quickly and set your up for an accelerated spin that quickly becomes a flat spin which is typically unrecoverable.

4. Since it doesn't break up until 910kph (altough the pullup is long then) you can dive shallow or steep or whatever.

5. The auto pitch on the 110 isn't insanely conservative like the 109Es, infact it manages to keep it pretty close to the best rpm. Mixture is auto and cannot be controled, Super is auto and cannot be controlled.

http://redspar.com/redrogue/cragger_sig.png

BlitzPig_DDT
03-11-2004, 11:31 AM
Well, the 110 isn't helpless. This means lots of people are kvetching about it being overmodeled. They obviously think it should barely be able to fly under it's own power.

As Cragger said, it can turn fairly well (it *does* have a large wing too, not so surprising really), however, it bleeds massive amounts of E in a hard turn. More so with flaps. About 400+ with flaps is the only way to induce the onset of black out. But I've yet to totally black out in it. It does about 500 or so on the deck, can hold together for higher speed dives, has massive forward firepower and a gunner.

Drawbacks are that it's slow compared to contemporary singles, has poor acceleration and gets really stiff controls at speeds over 400. If you get to 600, your turn radius goes to pot and you better hope you have alt to pull out or you will auger.

What I've noticed is that most people complaining are the ones getting shot down by it. Truth is, if you get shot down by a 110, you deserve it. There's no excuse to lose to one if you're in a single. Even the '41 Spit can toy with it.

It's best used for ground attack and bomber killing.

==================================
The Blitz Pigs - Not a squad, a Movement!

Come and spam on our front porch.

http://www.blitzpigs.com

Cold_Gambler
03-11-2004, 11:43 AM
I agree with what's already been posted.
Something else though: the firepower in the nose is lovely- concentrated and powerful punch with a fairly flat, accurate trajectory.

Any single engine fighter should be able to take you out fairly easily- unless they engage in a turn fight.

Anybody notice how the instruments on the right engine are not "behind" the ignition smoke? (minor glitch)

FWdreamer
03-11-2004, 11:53 AM
S!
Thanks guys this is what i was expecting from this plane and it sounds like it is pretty close to being modeld how it should be. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif
Any tactics you guys find that work to protect the 110 when under attack besides having a wingman?

Thanks again,
Fwdreamer

JG26Red
03-11-2004, 11:56 AM
I had a blast in the 110 last night... shooting down alot of guys.. my main tactic was to get high, look for a friend beind chased by a boggie... dive down and light them up with the 30mm and 20mm... i think last night while being attacked my rear gunner killed like 3 dudes.. lol, i racked up 900pts in a server where people where flying Ki84Cs, p51s, p38s, LA7s and Yak3... i got shot down maybe 2-3 times... it takes a good amount of damage too... really run plane if you have friends and you are free to attack, but one on one is a no go...

CRSutton
03-11-2004, 04:38 PM
If you don't yank it around, it is a very stable plane. Excellent gun platform very accurate. More for bombers and ground support. load it with the 30mm nose guns and the 20mm gunpods and blow forts to bits.

Maj_Death
03-11-2004, 05:03 PM
In a multiplane furball it is very capable but 1vs1 you don't stand much of a chance in it. The controls get very stiff at high speeds but with a little practice it isn't as dangerous. Top speed is pathetic for a 1943 fighter and agility really isn't all that great either. Not that it's turn rate is bad, it just isn't steller. The tail gunner is its saviour really. In the hands of AI, it can reliably down an enemy fighter. In the hands of a competant player, you can swat those dinky La's, Yak's and stangs out of the sky like the pesky little flies they are. Forward firepower is amoung the best in FB/AEP. Default is 4x7.9mm MG17 + 2x20mm MG151 + tail gunner (2x7.62mm). Maximum forward armament is 4x20mm MG151 + 2x30mm MK108 + 4x210mm rockets. Needless to say, not much can survive a good pass by a Bf-110G2. Its most danerous opponent is the big gun planes such as the P-39 and Yak-9T. Most other birds can't down the Bf-110 very fast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The F7F Tigercat in Aces Over the Pacific is overmodeled.

BfHeFwMe
03-11-2004, 06:15 PM
Shot down by a 110? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/52.gif How embarrisking. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/51.gif

mortoma
03-11-2004, 07:10 PM
When you fly with the big cannon in a pod under the fuselage, it hits too low. Can't get it to
hit even close to the crosshairs. Some have posted that it is supposed to be like that but the fact is any cannon can be sighted in to hit
where the crosshairs are at the range you want it to. As long as the distance chosen is in the range of the cannon in the first place of course. Those who post otherwise are full of it and don't know what they are talking about. The Germans would have set the cannon to hit exactly at the crosshairs at the preferred range because they wanted their pilots to be successfull. This is a bug that should be addressed!!!

WarGod5475
03-11-2004, 07:57 PM
THis will sound stupid but i let them get on my 6 trim slightly up and let them clumb up behind me and i nail them with the rear gunner i have gotten quite proficiant with it ..... usually takes em out in 2 to 3 seconds...
i can usually get 2 to 3 kills this way plus maybe one by jumping them from behind.

ohh well not the best advise but you definotly not done in when someones on ur six but be carfull its really easy to shoot your ailrons off with the rear gunners. hehe.

Maj_Death
03-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Actually that is what I have been doing and alot of other Bf-110G2 pilots as well. If they get on you, let them get nice and close. Then take the tail gun and blast their cockpit. It works VERY well. But it isn't limited to the Bf-110, it also works in bombers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The F7F Tigercat in Aces Over the Pacific is overmodeled.