PDA

View Full Version : What is with this game, lately?

brashtralas
08-13-2017, 05:58 PM
It seems like none of my input is registering accurately, and it seems like there is some display lag all weekend. A lot of attacks flash red as I'm getting hit.

Attacks that follow a cc move don't seem to register at all, leaving me standing there looking like an idiot.

To top it off, I have NEVER seen so many warlords and centurions. I was a solitary warden in an army of romans and Nordic shield bearers several times this weekend.

I would blame the free weekend, but I really just don't think that someone would spend real money on a free trial. So the centurions, at least, are established players. Was it the tournament?

Anyone else experiencing the "lag" issues? Or should I get my elite controller checked out?

UbiInsulin
08-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Hi brasthralas! If you're using the controller via Bluetooth, it's possible that connecting it via USB may help with the input lag you're seeing (particularly if there is any stuttering).

If the issue persists, I'd recommend opening a ticket with our support team at https://support.ubi.com . Click Contact Customer Support to open a live chat or email case. Thank you for reporting this problem to us!

Kaijudub
08-13-2017, 07:56 PM
i'd put money on it being time snap realated

brashtralas
08-13-2017, 08:05 PM
Hi brasthralas! If you're using the controller via Bluetooth, it's possible that connecting it via USB may help with the input lag you're seeing (particularly if there is any stuttering).

If the issue persists, I'd recommend opening a ticket with our support team at https://support.ubi.com . Click Contact Customer Support to open a live chat or email case. Thank you for reporting this problem to us!

I appreciate that, but I always play this game wired. I can tell the difference when I'm not. I might say it's my internet, but I have the best/highest quality in the US.

I don't know, some weird stuff lately.

Stahlrusse
08-13-2017, 08:11 PM
This is exactly what happens to me but it started already months ago. I don't know what causes this but it still makes me mad.

Halvtand
08-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Perhaps you are launching the follow-up just a tad too son or late. Have a go against a bot and see if you can get the rhythm back :)

Knight_Raime
08-13-2017, 09:26 PM
cents prolly showed up to be hard on the new players.
warlords proly showed up because he's still considered the most OP hero in the game. so newbies were looking for an easy win.
can't help you with your input issues. maybe time snap is to blame.

Mia.Nora
08-14-2017, 12:16 AM
Perhaps you are launching the follow-up just a tad too son or late. Have a go against a bot and see if you can get the rhythm back :)

This is a good suggestion. With TimeSnap removal pretty much majority of follow up time windows changed.

Some are easier to do like PK GB> 3 stabs, before it was a very narrow specific timing, now you can pretty much do it as easy as Centurion's GB > 3 lights.

But some follow ups got a lot worse, I feel it most on my Nobushi, the timings that worked before for HS follow ups and parry follow ups don't work same way anymore and in certain situations they just wont register at all making my character stay idle. Still those action can be performed with a different timing than before so not that horrible.

And unfortunately some actions are completely impossible to perform anymore, like PK (chain starter) > Heavy > soft GB. No matter what you do this wont work anymore, under any timing or conditions. It simply is taken out of the game with timesnap.

brashtralas
08-14-2017, 01:39 AM
I'd agree, except it's a recent thing, which didn't occur immediately after the time snap removal. It happens randomly and usually starts with... almost a frame rate drop? Nothing too noticeable, and then suddenly a speed up that makes lights and some heavies impossible to react to.

During this period input seems delayed or completely ignored.

I plan to play some tonight. If it happens again I'll try to remember to record it and open a ticket.