PDA

View Full Version : Disconnects prevent me from buying this game.

valrond1
08-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Hi. I used the free weekend to try the game despite the bad reviews and the bad news about the game being dead and losing 95% of its players.
TBH, I can understand why they left.
You can't have an online game with this crappy network. I play lots of online games, and the disconnects are very rare, and in most cases you can reconnect.
But in this thing, you can't even play. First, it takes a loooong time to find a match. Then half the team is made up of bots. Ok, I can deal with that.
The problem is that more than half the games end before the match is over, a disconnect, or an error of the anticheat, and bam, your game is over, you can't reconnect, and you get NOTHING for your time.
And that is something I can't accept. My time is very valuable. If I spend 2 hours playing a game online, I expect to play at least 1h45 minutes well, including the connect and end of game, and get the rewards for playing. In this game, you spend two hours and maybe get 30 minutes of actual, significant gameplay.
So, until ubisoft puts dedicated servers and this is fixed, sorry, but my wallet will be closed.

El_Feminista
08-12-2017, 10:32 PM
I was literally going to make a thread about this. Thank god for the free weeked. saved me money from buying this POS broken game. I got disconnected from more matches than I got to finish.

JesterSyxe
08-12-2017, 10:40 PM
That pretty much sums up this POS they call a Game^^

Disconnects are horrible
Connection is horrible
Not enough Players anymore for a Full Match so Bots are everywhere
Heroes are broken and the most broken Hero of them all, Gladiator will come in a few days

Good for you guys that you save the Money, wish I was that smart in the beginning. Ok I had no free weekend so I was scammed by Ubi again

Sir_rage_quit
08-12-2017, 10:44 PM
That pretty much sums up this POS they call a Game^^

Disconnects are horrible
Connection is horrible
Not enough Players anymore for a Full Match so Bots are everywhere
Heroes are broken and the most broken Hero of them all, Gladiator will come in a few days

Good for you guys that you save the Money, wish I was that smart in the beginning. Ok I had no free weekend so I was scammed by Ubi again

dont feel so bad i got scam too at the release i was so hype , i did buy the season pass and even 1 pack of steel ... i feel so a shame now , and the Glad is coming witch look to be the next horrible cancer

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 11:01 PM
They are working on getting dedicated servers working for the game, so it will improve then, but this is pretty much why I thought and said on here I don't think Ubisoft should have done a free weekend until they had those in place.

valrond1
08-12-2017, 11:23 PM
I'll check the game again when they put the dedicated servers. Meanwhile, I'll tell you this:
I've played over 2300 games of World of Warships
I've played over 2000 games of War Thunder
I've played over 5000 games of Mechwarrior online
Well, in these 3 days, I've got disconnected more times in For Honor than in all those games COMBINED (I'm not counting crashes, just disconnections from the server).
That is unacceptable.

I can deal with OP things, with unbalances, with a bit of P2W with the new things, heroes/characters/vehicles. But not with disconnects.

WABO423
08-12-2017, 11:44 PM
Can't speak for PC but my experience on PS4 with connections is extremely good, I had 2 disconnects in the last month and one which the problem was on my end. Also queing any game mode takes less than a minute. If you can I would suggest trying out on ps4 if you are able to

CheekyKemosabe
08-13-2017, 12:06 AM
Based on what I've been seeing I have to agree that maybe it's just the PC users that are having such a hard time? I play xbox and rarely have any major problems with disconnects. maybe once a week there will be a good hour or two where I just can't connect or finish a game but other than that it runs pretty smoothly. Same thing with my buddies, xbox and ps4 players alike, not nearly as many issues as PC.

UbiJurassic
08-13-2017, 12:33 AM
We're definitely aware of the issues with disconnects from the game and the team has been making it an ongoing priority to resolve it a best as possible. While dedicated servers are coming in the future, we plan to continue to improve the stability and connectivity of the games current P2P system. Making sure your router is port forwarded (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-286690-16/for-honor-matchmaking-experience-more-information-about-nat) could help improve your current match stability.

Linnix1
08-13-2017, 12:42 AM
Why the hell does for honor need such special treatment just to be able to play. I don't need to half the crap I gotta do with for honor just to play any other game. What makes this game so special

El_Feminista
08-13-2017, 01:45 AM
Why the hell does for honor need such special treatment just to be able to play. I don't need to half the crap I gotta do with for honor just to play any other game. What makes this game so special

Exactly. It ain't our PC the problem.

A shame, because I really enjoyed the gameplay so far

I don't think Ubisoft should have done a free weekend until they had those in place.

Yeah, that was a really dumb decisión.

MIGHTY246210
08-13-2017, 05:01 AM
My son had been telling me dad it is way better than it was during the first free weekend.... BULL SQUAT! I played the first game disconnect with an error that isn't even listed on the site! 2nd game bam d/c after another party member was kicked.... I got put on as host and someone thought that i left voluntarily i couldn't believe it i had only played 3 games and got booted from each one the only steady play i have is if i play against a bot in 1v1... not fun for me if i wanted to fight 1v1 i'd had stuck with Mortal Combat! This game was supposed to be this big huge awesome thing! Hell there was even talk about the game having server updates! or something but to see that this thread was addressed back in january and here it is august of 2017 and still nothing working the way it should be! PLeASE HELP NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY SOMETHING THAT CONSTANTLY KICKS THEM!!!

valrond1
08-13-2017, 10:08 AM
We're definitely aware of the issues with disconnects from the game and the team has been making it an ongoing priority to resolve it a best as possible. While dedicated servers are coming in the future, we plan to continue to improve the stability and connectivity of the games current P2P system. Making sure your router is port forwarded (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/news-community/152-286690-16/for-honor-matchmaking-experience-more-information-about-nat) could help improve your current match stability.

Ok, I gave it a shot, used the guide you provided, got my NAT open and green.
No difference. I just get booted from the games.
So, when you fix the game and you can actually PLAY it, then release it and sell it.
The game has been out for over a year, and you can't still play it.
I don't care that you are aware and you are working it on it.
YOUR GAME DOESN'T WORK.
That's the first thing when you release a game. Make sure it works.

It's so typical of Ubisoft, they make a good game, but there is always something that prevents people from enjoying it.

CheekyKemosabe
08-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Ok, I gave it a shot, used the guide you provided, got my NAT open and green.
No difference. I just get booted from the games.
So, when you fix the game and you can actually PLAY it, then release it and sell it.
The game has been out for over a year, and you can't still play it.
I don't care that you are aware and you are working it on it.
YOUR GAME DOESN'T WORK.
That's the first thing when you release a game. Make sure it works.

It's so typical of Ubisoft, they make a good game, but there is always something that prevents people from enjoying it.

*cough* hasn't *cough cough* been out *cough* for *cough* a year yet.

Linnix1
08-13-2017, 10:58 AM
When you count in all the demo and beta time yes it has. And that makes it even more pathetic

valrond1
08-13-2017, 12:06 PM
*cough* hasn't *cough cough* been out *cough* for *cough* a year yet.

Sorry, I meant half a year. But I've been in closed betas of other multiplayer games, and they didn't have this connectivity issues.
I'll check back when here are dedicated servers.