PDA

View Full Version : A plea for some perspective...

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Look people...lets be realistic about that K4 Rudder Problem

We have 77 flyable variants in IL-2. 110 Planes total with AI. No tester is going to load them all up and fly them around after every patch - just not going to happen.

Using rudder while aiming leads to sideslip, which means the crosshairs are actually not sighting correct. Using rudder in combat manouvers can be usefull, but there's not much you can not do without them.

And if you really can not fly the K4 anymore because it lacks rudder, then you still have 76 others planes to enjoy. Most of them saw more prominent service during the war than the few K4's built.

When you come reading here, it seems that for most people the sim centers around two or three small details. Be it canopy frames, bars, rudders, trim, whatever, it's usually only a very small detail they get so opsessed with that they forget to enjoy the whole large other range of things they could do in the sim.

I dont know any other WW2 Flightsim that allows you to fly as Bomber, Jabo, Stuka, Torpedobomber, Rocketfighter, Jetfighter, Prob Fighter and CAS Plane. This thing has around 200% more content than everthing that was released before it. Any fault, in a single plane, can not break this if you are just a little flexible and open-minded.

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 10:42 AM
Look people...lets be realistic about that K4 Rudder Problem

We have 77 flyable variants in IL-2. 110 Planes total with AI. No tester is going to load them all up and fly them around after every patch - just not going to happen.

Using rudder while aiming leads to sideslip, which means the crosshairs are actually not sighting correct. Using rudder in combat manouvers can be usefull, but there's not much you can not do without them.

And if you really can not fly the K4 anymore because it lacks rudder, then you still have 76 others planes to enjoy. Most of them saw more prominent service during the war than the few K4's built.

When you come reading here, it seems that for most people the sim centers around two or three small details. Be it canopy frames, bars, rudders, trim, whatever, it's usually only a very small detail they get so opsessed with that they forget to enjoy the whole large other range of things they could do in the sim.

I dont know any other WW2 Flightsim that allows you to fly as Bomber, Jabo, Stuka, Torpedobomber, Rocketfighter, Jetfighter, Prob Fighter and CAS Plane. This thing has around 200% more content than everthing that was released before it. Any fault, in a single plane, can not break this if you are just a little flexible and open-minded.

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 11:11 AM
You mix up some things.

First:

The Simulation lets oyu fly all those planes but in the first line there're so many planes in order ot attract a lot of people.

Everyone buys this game for the reason to fly his favorite plane.

IN some cases this may be FW- guys, then P47 etc.

Now there will be people that bough the game for just flying two or three PLANES.

Now one or two of these are broken... Consider this.
Be honest. Do you care about the planes you're not flying ? no.
If you sum up how many planes need attention (or already got their due) it will be quite impressive.

The long list of the fallen:
Hurricane
109s
190s(still open matter)
P-47
P-39
P-40
Brewster Buffulo (jesus I saw it twice online..)
I-16

Now add to the fact that for example (just as an example) The fw190 is erm, 8 variants (totalling up 8 planes),
the 109 makes even more.
the hurri was three etc. You number of so called flyable planes dwindles...

Add to the fact that when you fly inline in order to be competitive (nobody wants to be a "HIT-Me-PLEASE"-target for others they take good planes, so in short in overall you're reduced to say 6-8 planes of which 3-5 are incorrectly modelled.

Not being able to use rudder on one plane is kind a shame but nevertheless a bug that can happen., to say that the plane works is a joke.
It's the same as saying "look you have the sports car here. Everthing works, besides the brakes but hey you can drive with more care and it will work or you have the other cars to use..".

And still there're issues which are not taken care of.
Just as example: "Did we really need the dust and dirt form the engines when on ground ?" It's nice but did we want it ? was there any post like "OLEG: we need DUST !".
No. Since I have FB i read "Oleg: please correct DM, sighting etc." Most stuff is centered around SERIOUS issues even if enough trolls post spam.

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 11:26 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zusub

JG14_Josf

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Nice copy and paste, Josf. But pointless, because if everyone else was following those rules, then I'd not have felt the need to post this firsthand.

Now for Gotcha...

You are correct that I dont care about the planes I dont fly (execpt that I want them to be resonable targets). But I fly everthing Luftwaffe.

If they porked the 109, I'll fly 190. If they pork that, I'll fly Stuka. And if they pork that too, then I'll fly He-111 or a Schwalbe.

But in this case, only one late-war 109 has no rudder. Fine, then I'll take a G-14 or 190 D9 - or a Me-262. I simple can not see why I would need to fixate myself JUST on the K4.

And no, I dont fly online "to be competitive". I fly online to have fun. I dont want to be serverly outclassed by other planes, yet I dont insist that I'll only fly the latest and greatest for fear of "losing score" or whatever. Also I often end uo

The amount of whining about a single deficit usually tells me how flexible/adaptive a person is. If someone insists he must have a K4 or otherwise he might get shot down and his life will be worthless online, then I can only feel sorry for him. Likewise for the offliners - there are TONS of possiple campaigns you can create offline. A single plane broken does not mean the whole game is broken.

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 01:07 PM
Nice one on this...
good attitude but unfortunately a lot of people like competetive play. If they cripple one plane in the whole game I'd admit it's nothing to cry of.

BUT how old is FB by now ?
How many issues are still open. I am tired of repeating which things need to be fixed (yes rudder on k4 is ONE of them but let's ignore it, there're COUNTLESS older issues) and you're tired of reading it.

If you change your planes regularly that's cool and enjoy it. But if other guys who have paid the same amount of money for getting FUN in other ways (by doing dogfights online etc) why not ? You have your fun they want theirs.
If you'd back off each time a problem occurs we all end up flying I-16 in the end... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Some guys have fun in mastering certain planes, others simply want to win and always take best available.
It's all valid. It's as valid as your way of having fun.
If you feel pity for them, it's your opinion. There will be countless guys who pity your opinion too http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (no offense !)
I simply don't know in which way this whole issue of "ignore the bug" will help the game in overall.

I admit the lots of post here are spectacular, rude and childish but the essence of them is just that they feel bad about the game they'd like to enjoy the same way as you do...

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 04:09 PM
JaBo_HH--Gotcha wrote:
- - Some guys have fun in mastering certain planes,
- others simply want to win and always take best
- available.
- It's all valid. It's as valid as your way of having
- fun.

It might be as valid, but it certainly is not mature. "Having to win at any cost" is not something a grown up adult should feel the need to. And you can just as well win in a G-14 or other late war plane.

People are doing themself a diservice by focusing on one, two planes out of the 77 flyables.

XyZspineZyX
09-05-2003, 04:21 PM
Good points, but when one is trying to excel in a particular aspeck of this game, it is very frustrating when the plane or group of planes have bad defects.
It would be like some one who was playing chess on line and for some reason you could not castle or the queen could only move sideways. It makes one want to pull out their hair in frustation!
JaBo_HH--Gotcha wrote:
- You mix up some things.
-
- First:
-
- The Simulation lets oyu fly all those planes but in
- the first line there're so many planes in order ot
- attract a lot of people.
-
- Everyone buys this game for the reason to fly his
- favorite plane.
-
- IN some cases this may be FW- guys, then P47 etc.
-
- Now there will be people that bough the game for
- just flying two or three PLANES.
-
- Now one or two of these are broken... Consider this.
-
-
- Be honest. Do you care about the planes you're not
- flying ? no.
- If you sum up how many planes need attention (or
- already got their due) it will be quite impressive.
-
- The long list of the fallen:
- Hurricane
- 109s
- 190s(still open matter)
- P-47
- P-39
- P-40
- Brewster Buffulo (jesus I saw it twice online..)
- I-16
-
- Now add to the fact that for example (just as an
- example) The fw190 is erm, 8 variants (totalling up
- 8 planes),
- the 109 makes even more.
- the hurri was three etc. You number of so called
- flyable planes dwindles...
-
- Add to the fact that when you fly inline in order to
- be competitive (nobody wants to be a
- "HIT-Me-PLEASE"-target for others they take good
- planes, so in short in overall you're reduced to say
- 6-8 planes of which 3-5 are incorrectly modelled.
-
- Not being able to use rudder on one plane is kind a
- shame but nevertheless a bug that can happen., to
- say that the plane works is a joke.
- It's the same as saying "look you have the sports
- car here. Everthing works, besides the brakes but
- hey you can drive with more care and it will work or
- you have the other cars to use..".
-
- And still there're issues which are not taken care
- of.
- Just as example: "Did we really need the dust and
- dirt form the engines when on ground ?" It's nice
- but did we want it ? was there any post like "OLEG:
- we need DUST !".
- No. Since I have FB i read "Oleg: please correct DM,
- sighting etc." Most stuff is centered around SERIOUS
- issues even if enough trolls post spam.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-