PDA

View Full Version : I Love and Support For Honor, but Gladiator Ornaments Copy Paste....

Kurek-
08-12-2017, 05:51 PM
How has no one made a fuss about the lack of effort towards Gladiator ornaments. During the live stream, half of the ornaments were straight up copied and pasted from the Centurion and the developers just acted like they were brand new. Why did they not comment on this? Why didnt they just say the Gladiator ornaments will be added later because they didnt have time? I find it to be very half assed to ignore this and just copy and paste. Real bummer and disappointed in the developers if they are the same.

Lyskir
08-12-2017, 05:53 PM
yeah i was a little bit disapointed there :(

at least 3 ornaments was the same as cent has

Kurek-
08-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Thats the first time they did this, and its just lazy. Would have been ok if they were like half broken and run down looking cause their armor isnt as good or something, but it was like a slap in the face they didnt acknowledge this or communicate anything to us.

Wolf-Heathen
08-12-2017, 08:13 PM
We live in the age of spin. The WD is, and always has been primarily a promotional tool to counter the vocal opinion from the player base that this game is dead. Their job was to hype and promote the soon to be released Season 3 content, not highlight the team's faults, or areas where they cut corners. You expect too much from these guys. They're employees, and will never do anything to paint the company in a negative light, even if that means creative use of "alternative facts".

Kurek-
08-13-2017, 02:41 AM
There is an IGN video spotlighting the gladiator with some crazy gladiator spike ornament, which was not showcased in the original video we saw. I wonder if there was actually a mix up and the team showing off both gladiator/highlander was so detached that they didnt notice the ornaments were centurion ones. I actually think all of them were centurion ornaments, not just the duplicates, but either they didnt realize or they rolled with it cause it was live rather than addressing it.

Orrr am I just being hopeful?

Mia.Nora
08-13-2017, 03:21 AM
There is an IGN video spotlighting the gladiator with some crazy gladiator spike ornament, which was not showcased in the original video we saw. I wonder if there was actually a mix up and the team showing off both gladiator/highlander was so detached that they didnt notice the ornaments were centurion ones. I actually think all of them were centurion ornaments, not just the duplicates, but either they didnt realize or they rolled with it cause it was live rather than addressing it.

Orrr am I just being hopeful?

I think you are being hopeful, after seeing season 2 rewards reduced to a single ornament from season one 12 ornaments, we can see the trend of minimalism in development.

Also correct me if I am wrong on this, but didn't they say during Highlander weapon showcase that new models are not made inhouse anymore, but outsourced to an external studio. This would mean they probably don't even have an actual team of 3D asset developers anymore.

Kurek-
08-13-2017, 07:05 AM
Its ubisoft chengdu, I think their China team.

Ulrichvonbek111
08-13-2017, 10:13 AM
Thats the first time they did this, and its just lazy. Would have been ok if they were like half broken and run down looking cause their armor isnt as good or something, but it was like a slap in the face they didnt acknowledge this or communicate anything to us.

They've done this just recently when they had the audacity to award the Samurai one design for an ornament and gave it to all 14 warriors..

Knight_Raime
08-13-2017, 12:23 PM
I don't have an issue with it honestly. more ornaments will come with more mythic outfits. if the trend continues then yeah i'd complain. But I like a lot of cents ornaments. and i'm glad the other roman character can use some of them too.

Apoteozh
08-13-2017, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone,

I will share your frustration about the ornaments to the team. I am sure they will release plenty of new ones in the future that you will love :)

See you on the battlefield!

Kurek-
08-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Ubi-Apoteozh Thank you for the response, but you didnt answer the question. Were the ornaments showcased accidentally the Centurions, or were they copy and pasted from Centurion instead.

Kurek-
08-13-2017, 05:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I will share your frustration about the ornaments to the team. I am sure they will release plenty of new ones in the future that you will love :)

See you on the battlefield!

Ubi-Apoteozh Thank you for the response, but you didnt answer the question. Were the ornaments showcased accidentally the Centurions, or were they copy and pasted from Centurion instead.

Kurek-
08-14-2017, 02:24 AM
Ok ok ok. So i watched a youtube video of someone having early access and showed off the Gladiator ornaments. They are all new. They clearly messed up and put old and new Centurion ornaments in that video stream. I have no idea why the developers just rolled with it rather than addressing the mistake. Anyway, post is CLOSED, I hope i was not overreacting. They all look very great by the way! Great job For Honor team!

Now...~cough~...for Season 5+ heroes...lets get some Eastern European hero representation...~cough~ ~cough~.....