PDA

View Full Version : Grudge and Glory live event August 12th

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 04:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPhcld1rOGo

This is the twitch link for the stream that starts at 11am pacific (2pm eastern, 7pm bst (UK) 8pm central europe, covering the timezones I know and know people here are from), if I find it on youtube I will add the video here, bear in mind that last premiere as soon as the stream ended the youtube video was no longer active so this will stay here. https://www.twitch.tv/forhonorgame

Honestly it is nine hours long and finishes near dawn for me, I'll be listening out for the hero styles overview and anything else that sounds interesting but I'm not pausing and going back over stuff and I am probably finding my bed before it finishes lol, so if people want to drop news in this thread I'll edit it into this top post.

The road of war is long and hard, from the element battered highlands and from the arenas come new players in this war. The factions lick their wounds and there is a lull but the tides of war are stirring, the sands of time shift the flow of battle, the new season approaches. Grudge and Glory awaits.

Going by what they have said on the Den, we are expecting the finals of the Hero Series on the current live build, four teams of two streamers playing on the season three build and the overview and playstyles of the season three heroes from Roman.
Schedule

PS4 finals
State of the game where eric sits down with devlopers, discuss statew of the game and what is to come
PC group stage
Grudge and Glory reveal
Grudge and Glory brawl tournament
Xbox 1 Finals
PC top 8 bracket and finals
Grudge and Glory Dominion

Sounds like the main newsworthy section will be after the PS4 finals and the first PC batch.

They gave a quick review of where things were when they started and what they have done up until now. They showed the roadmappowerpoint from a couple weeks ago throughout.

Coming Tuesday, Grudge and Glory, tournament feature involving sixteen players. You have three to six matches depending on how wellyou do, each match is ranked. They are going to continue to improve the fight system with PTS tests. Two new heroes and two new maps. New content as normal.

In November there will be a new 4v4 game mode. They are extending the ranked feature to 4v4, no tournament but ranked in any case. Improved training mode including data on the moves including input, stamina cost and damage, you will be able to program your opponent for specific scenarios like the Warden vortex combo. Fight system updates that they will be testing during season three will be pushed to the live game in season 4. They will be improving the tutorials to include all the core skills of the game, skills such as deflect are not currently there. Two new heroes and maps, new heroes, gear etc. They don't want to lose the mindgame through making too many changes at once which is why they are pushing it through bits at a time.

At some point they want to go to dedicated servers, no news on dates yet, the team are working hard on it.

Gladiator

They wanted him to feel in his movements that he is a predator, a showman. Like all assassins he can't hold his block stance. Looking at his movement when locked, he really does look like a prize fighter. If he misses his sprint attack, he can punch with guardbreak. Any point during a light attack chain he is able to pull off an unblockable with bleed. You can use it to wallsplat and daze your opponent. He has a quick bleed attack that if the opponent is out of stamina will knock them down. He has melee draining punches on dodge as well as regular assassin dodge attacks.

Highlander

In defence stance, he has superior block on light attacks and he has hyper armour on heavy attacks. He has a forward dodge heavy attack which can be interrupted into a side heavy ala kensei unblockable. Holding heavy changes the stance, he has no block, dodge or cgb in offensive stance. He has kicks and grabs, the kick cancels into the grab, the heavy also cancels into the grab, heavy attacks are all unblockable. You can do a heavy in defensive stance and this can be charged into offensive stance in the recovery.

Lyskir
08-12-2017, 05:11 PM
thx candle

i hope they show Highlander and gladi gameplay not too late in the stream

UbiInsulin
08-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Stickying this discussion! Thanks for your efforts Candle. :)

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Welcome Insulin. The twitch video is active, I will look on youtube closer to the time (last season it was literally about three minutes before), if the leaks about the movesets are proven accurate I will post what I have seen on reddit to here, last time I went over it move by move and wound up making corrections based on the images anyhow lol.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 07:52 PM
State of the game is coming up next, guessing this and the Grudge and Glory reveal are where most of the news is going to be since most of it is fights whether on season 2 or 3 builds

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Roman will be showing the new heroes in depth after the PC group stage. It will be two groups of six that will knock two out of each for the finals later. Given the round robin format and best of three matches this could be a few hours so I will post here before it comes. State of the game was basically what we saw in the Den they announced servers.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 08:50 PM
absolutely loving twitch chat rn. so many people talking trash thinking they're clever.
Somedays that makes me not want to become a streamer. -sigh-

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 09:00 PM
I must confess the whole reason I not only find a youtube video but put it here is so not have the chat there lol. I was legit annoyed when they only had the Den on twitch a couple weeks ago.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 09:01 PM
I must confess the whole reason I not only find a youtube video but put it here is so not have the chat there lol. I was legit annoyed when they only had the Den on twitch a couple weeks ago.

like some of the top tier play can look boring. I get that. but it's a tourney for a lot of money. people just need to get over themselves.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 09:07 PM
I pretty much expected this, it is how it was in the 1v1's last season premiere. I get they are taking the safer routes but it doesn't interest me that much, right now I am playing dominion with it on mute so I can get an idea of when they are doing something else lol.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 09:09 PM
I pretty much expected this, it is how it was in the 1v1's last season premiere. I get they are taking the safer routes but it doesn't interest me that much, right now I am playing dominion with it on mute so I can get an idea of when they are doing something else lol.

Honestly i jumped into the stream late. but I watched hanzex vs asseri. I didn't really enjoy how the warlord played. but you know. I hate warlord on a funidmental level.
I thought hanzex played great.

psyminion
08-12-2017, 09:12 PM
if that 'unlock tech' jerking around is 'high level' I'm happy to be in the tier where people actually fight you.

this is my first time watching people play like this (PC duels) and ugh.

also, thanks for the coverage Candle!

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 09:13 PM
Honestly i jumped into the stream late. but I watched hanzex vs asseri. I didn't really enjoy how the warlord played. but you know. I hate warlord on a funidmental level.
I thought hanzex played great.

I caught the PS4 final, not one parry in five matches unless I missed one in the last one. Ravemaster took two on Rikuto in Warlord vs Orochi, lost to a pocket Warden, lost again with his own Warden and pulled out a Cent, took him all five but he pretty much played to everything people complain about.

if that 'unlock tech' jerking around is 'high level' I'm happy to be in the tier where people actually fight you.

Welcome, I am going to stick around for the Grudge and Glory reveal, it is a shame dominion is right at the end that is my favourite mode and I am going to have to choose between watching it and sleep lol. But I suspect the stuff we are after is the segment after the PC qualifiers.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 09:14 PM

top tier play in any game is not going to look interesting for majority of the players who play the game because they actually do everything to win.
which to lots of players is boring.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 09:18 PM
top tier play in any game is not going to look interesting for majority of the players who play the game because they actually do everything to win.

Yeah one of my channels picked up the Gfinity Esports series, streetfighter was very much the same.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Yeah one of my channels picked up the Gfinity Esports series, streetfighter was very much the same.

personally I only find tourney play boring when something that is a clear imbalance issue (like insta stampede) is spammed.
but unlock tech (that doesn't make things unparryable) doesn't bother me.
I love how everyone is saying in chat that people are bad cause they're not parrying.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 09:24 PM
personally I only find tourney play boring when something that is a clear imbalance issue (like insta stampede) is spammed.
but unlock tech (that doesn't make things unparryable) doesn't bother me.
I love how everyone is saying in chat that people are bad cause they're not parrying.

The same people complaining about the defensive meta? lol

RenegadeRasta
08-12-2017, 09:25 PM
So much cheesing, so much running, so much zones, so much unlocking, so much stampede charging, so much skill. Top tier gameplay at its finest.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 09:26 PM
The same people complaining about the defensive meta? lol

pretty much. the community is never happy. and will always trash talk regardless.
Loving this centurion player though. reppin my boi <3

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 09:37 PM
pretty much. the community is never happy. and will always trash talk regardless.
Loving this centurion player though. reppin my boi <3

I kind of wish they had whittled the PC gamers down further before this, if I have my math right there are going to be 42 sets of best of three 1v1 matches just in the round robins. And they do it right on the West Coast >.> lol so late everywhere else.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 09:39 PM
I kind of wish they had whittled the PC gamers down further before this, if I have my math right there are going to be 42 sets of best of three 1v1 matches just in the round robins.

that's prolly why the character reveal is halfway through and not at the end like last time.
I'm personally waiting for someone to record it all and then segment it up with links so I can watch the matchups that I am interested in.

UbiInsulin
08-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Here is "The Road Ahead" from earlier in today's stream:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHDSPJdVoAAfwSf.jpg:large

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 09:52 PM
In the interest of fixing fake news, 32 matches, not 42, added a whole layer to the round robin lol, but still a lot. And yeah probably why the reveal is halfway through.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Apparently this is taking longer than they thought it would lol, they have started to do both groups at once.

bmason1000
08-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Candle and UbiInsulin for the win. You dudes are awesome and very much appreciated.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 11:02 PM
Caster dudes just said DLC reveals coming next. Five minute timer countdown.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Grudge and Glory brawl tournament with the new characters is taking place.

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Caster dudes just said DLC reveals coming next. Five minute timer countdown.

saw. was amazing.
gladiator is everything I wanted and more.
highlander can't even cgb in offensive. he's going to be very difficult to use for sure.

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 11:44 PM
I am keeping an eye on gladiator stamina,those melee moves take up a good chunk of it.

RenegadeRasta
08-12-2017, 11:53 PM
These matches had parries when there were none in the tournament smh

bmason1000
08-13-2017, 12:00 AM
saw. was amazing.
gladiator is everything I wanted and more.
highlander can't even cgb in offensive. he's going to be very difficult to use for sure.
Yikes. I can't wait to see this character in action.

I am keeping an eye on gladiator stamina,those melee moves take up a good chunk of it.
Would you say his stamina consumption seems reasonable compared to his pool? I understand larger pool means they're affected less by stamina damage and that's cool, but have you noticed the consumption from just regular old attacks, or just the melee kind?

CandleInTheDark
08-13-2017, 12:05 AM
I do like the look of the gladiator, I'll be picking him up at some point, just too much already to do with levelling at season start lol.

Would you say his stamina consumption seems reasonable compared to his pool? I understand larger pool means they're affected less by stamina damage and that's cool, but have you noticed the consumption from just regular old attacks, or just the melee kind?

Based on this I can't say for sure, I think someone could conceivably poke away with lights. If a player is patient they won't run out barring being melee'd to death, someone using his kit will need to be more careful, the telling thing will be if people can get by on lights and the occasional bleed. The melee takes the most out of it and zone leads to a heavy which could be a go to combo which would mean the stamina management is more necessary.

I think I saw a zone to heavy that took nearly the entire stamina bar, it takes a bar of health and I think I remember hearing that a hit zone guarantees a heavy, but it is a matter of will people use that or whittle away getting the occasional bleed in.

bmason1000
08-13-2017, 12:22 AM
Based on this I can't say for sure, I think someone could conceivably poke away with lights. If a player is patient they won't run out barring being melee'd to death, someone using his kit will need to be more careful, the telling thing will be if people can get by on lights and the occasional bleed. The melee takes the most out of it and zone leads to a heavy which could be a go to combo which would mean the stamina management is more necessary.
Very interesting. I was concerned he'd be another iron lung cent.

CandleInTheDark
08-13-2017, 12:31 AM
Very interesting. I was concerned he'd be another iron lung cent.

He has more stamina and it comes back quicker, but there are certainly mixups that drain it some so hopefully there aren't passages like I had today where a Cent punched me down the entire length of the bridge on sanctuary bridge.

CandleInTheDark
08-13-2017, 12:37 AM
Anyhow I'm stepping out, we've had what I suspect are the main news pieces, might catch some of what I miss tomorrow just in case there is anything since it will be around three hours, I want to see at least one of the dominions.

kweassa1
08-13-2017, 02:10 AM
...the "sprint meta" ... just embarrassing. :rolleyes:

They really need a directional limitation so that "run in circles for sprint mind-game" isn't viable any more.

Sprint moves are something to be used with distance, and should not be something you can just unlock and run in circles to pressure the opponent with.

Felis_Menari
08-13-2017, 08:33 AM
...the "sprint meta" ... just embarrassing. :rolleyes:

They really need a directional limitation so that "run in circles for sprint mind-game" isn't viable any more.

Sprint moves are something to be used with distance, and should not be something you can just unlock and run in circles to pressure the opponent with.

Abso*******lutely. Perhaps there needs to be a stumble mechanic introduced for dodged/parried Sprint attacks (knock 'em on the ground for a free hit)? It's the only fair way to deal with the situation, off the top of my head.

CandleInTheDark
08-13-2017, 09:47 AM
The stream video is still up in full so I will leave it up as long as there is something on it unless the mods unsticky this first because I'm not forum diving to look for it just for that lol.

For me the new content on show was amazing, but the duels an embarrassing display for the game on what it supposed to be their show selling it.Yes the unlock tech exists, the thing is some of it being used is being dealt with in the next patch, the devs clearly don't believe it belongs there and it felt just wrong that the casters were so enthused over seeing it. I saw the nobushi/orochi fight on twitch and was honestly very disappointed, because other than the fact he used flicker, the orochi player used everything in the orochi kit and he basically lost because he stopped being able to stay ahead of the quicker than intended zone after three maps of it.

On the plus side I caught the brawl finals, that was mental, that kind of mayhem is what I love about brawls when it comes out that way.

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 06:01 AM

@knight_raime i know you are a good player and maybe you dont use these unlcoks or it doesnt bother you. but to say this is how top players should play or okay to play like this is a different story. i miss the days where skilled people in any feild actually had pure natural skill and it showed even to people who dont know anything about the feild they are in. reall skill and finnes shows no matter what. people are not dumb. they can tell what is real or fake and thats a fact. i know some of the players who showed at the live stream are really skilled wich is why i am shocked they had to resolve to such tactices. you see my point here ?

ThomasBroome
08-14-2017, 07:26 AM
Thanks for posting this Candel :cool:

That_guy44
08-14-2017, 11:11 AM
At 11:07:18 someone should have walked up behind the nobu player, pushed the power power on the pc, and told him to get the **** out of the seat, you're DQ'd. He had the audacity to use an unparriable attack in the FINALS.

Just look at Bandanaa's face. He's pissed HAHAHAHA. He's a good man. I would have talked so much **** after that.

CandleInTheDark
08-14-2017, 12:07 PM
At 11:07:18 someone should have walked up behind the nobu player, pushed the power power on the pc, and told him to get the **** out of the seat, you're DQ'd. He had the audacity to use an unparriable attack in the FINALS.

Just look at Bandanaa's face. He's pissed HAHAHAHA. He's a good man. I would have talked so much **** after that.

The problem being no one told them they couldn't, which is a shame because on an Ubisoft stream, it's up to them to say these are teh rules we are playing by.

Roman flat out said that he was going to need to change his play style soon,my bet is if they didn't know about that particular unlock they are working on it.

kweassa1
08-15-2017, 02:02 AM
The problem being no one told them they couldn't, which is a shame because on an Ubisoft stream, it's up to them to say these are teh rules we are playing by.

Roman flat out said that he was going to need to change his play style soon,my bet is if they didn't know about that particular unlock they are working on it.

Then Roman lied.

Because he won't need to change his playstyle for a LONG, LONG TIME since the f-in' emergency bail from meta-fixes to NOTHINGNESS.

Fight updates in season3? What updates?

So only after another 10 weeks, and then a few more weeks into season4, we're going to see changes, unless they get cold feet again and roll shi* back yet AGAIN and delay it again.

So I'll give allernakin maybe something like 4 more months until he's forced to "change" his playstyle.

Wow, so "soon". :rolleyes:

Vakris_One
08-15-2017, 02:57 AM
Ubisoft should definitely have set some ground rules within their own tournament. I mean it's their own money as the prize so they really should have enforced a disqualification on anyone caught using exploits. Maybe they thought, "well it's either allow the unlock exploits or show hours of turtling and staring contests." But at least turtling isn't abusing an exploit. Sure, it's just boring as all hell to watch but at least you wouldn't be pretending that cheating is fine.

By allowing cheating to run rampant all over their tournament they ended up embarrassing themselves, the game and the game's developers infront of a global audience. The winner, Alernakin, couldn't even help himself to take a couple of pokes at the ridiculousness of the whole situation as he took Ubi's money.

I think this review of the tournament is pretty much bang on:

https://youtu.be/pU_c8HJuUaQ

Probably the only positive from this tournament is that it can only get better from here on out. Because as a result of all of this disasterous publicity Ubisoft clearly have no choice now but to finally fix the unlock exploits and patch out the defensive meta.