PDA

View Full Version : I need help getting better at countering guard breaks!

jshears18
08-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Can anyone give me any tips at getting better at countering guard breaks?

Lyskir
08-12-2017, 04:17 PM
mmhh i was terrible at it too, i just practice it in AI games and now i only get GB when i dodge or other guaranteed GBs

its all about muscle memory

We.the.North
08-12-2017, 04:18 PM
Something that helped me tremendously was to remap the guardbreak button to "push right analog stick". The little fraction of second you spend moving your finger from the analog stick to the "X" button is a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Also, I used to play a lot of character with dodge attacks and guardbreak would often hit me in the middle of dodging. I had to train myself to dodge less since you can't counter guardbreak if you are caught in the middle of an action like dodging.

jshears18
08-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Is there any slight visual que that the characters do that show they're about to guardbreak? Or are players that good at reading the other player? It's insane to me that I can be read so well to not land guardbreaks.

Lyskir
08-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Is there any slight visual que that the characters do that show they're about to guardbreak? Or are players that good at reading the other player? It's insane to me that I can be read so well to not land guardbreaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7LyoJYPNyQ

here is a guide i hope it will help you :)

play some AI game and practice a while

WABO423
08-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Yeah i remapped my square button to the R3, and also got a SCUF controller. Now I counter most GBs

bigbil420666
08-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Can you not remap buttons on Xbox one?

WABO423
08-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Can you not remap buttons on Xbox one?

Yes under your xbox controller app settings(not entirely familiar with xbox), it changes the buttons on a system level though so even outside of the game the remapping will still be enabled

UbiJurassic
08-13-2017, 12:34 AM
Personally, I practice using the Advanced Tutorial. You can stay in the counter guardbreak section of it as long as you'd like and your enemy will only attempt to guardbreak.