PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator is OP

Tyrjo
08-12-2017, 09:23 AM
I figured we need one of these threads pretty soonish. So I'm just reserving space on the forum.

His moveset (just google if you want to see it) seems...vast and what he can do looks to be very versatile. Huge stamina pool and better regen that everyone else.

How does he pay for that 80HP?

UPDATE 2017-11-11

I called it by just seeing his move set before season 3. Three months later, the verdict is:

OP

Superior dodge and dodge attacks.
Superior feint game.
UB stun from NOTHING
Superior stamina and stamina management.
Superior mixups.
Super fast UB toe stab possible to mixup anywhere for guaranteed dmg.
700ms heavy for 30dmg from ALL sides.

How does he have 120HP? It should be a 100HP. No armor, no nothing, 100HP.

Redditmember55
08-12-2017, 09:27 AM
No, you havent touched him, and you already say he is OP, first try him or her on Tuesday, but dont make him so less HP, just look at the Gladiator, a really big muscular guy (or girl) cannot have so less HP then the fly tiny shinobi, it is not fair, look at the team fights, 80 HP, I have tried with a max attack gear Shugo, one charged heavy and it is done, so dont do this, maybe the centurions 110 HP would be fair enough, if Ubi must take some of his brutal combos away but we want to play with warriors with HP, not just flys

Tyrjo
08-12-2017, 09:39 AM
Of course I haven't played him yet and we don't know if he is going to be a pain in the *** or not.

I guess my tongue in cheek tone wasn't obvious enough. ;)

Redditmember55
08-12-2017, 09:46 AM
No problem bro, I am excited to, but really we dont want one more character who can be killed with two heavy and one light attack

Knight_Raime
08-12-2017, 11:16 AM
he's got 4 bars of health. so no.
i'm assuming a lot of his moves are going to be unsafe.

Lyskir
08-12-2017, 12:07 PM
on his hero trailer, his heavy right before his execution looked pretty fast and he definitly has an unblockable attack because 1 one his attack had the UB color

Tyrjo
08-12-2017, 12:42 PM

So that means 100HP? Sounds fair.

Redditmember55
08-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Knight_Raime,
how do you know exactly that the gladiator will have four bars? You have some more leaks for us? Or you were just making a bet? Aprreciate your answer or info if you have

JesterSyxe
08-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Here is his MOveset.

8 ****ing unblockables
Pins
Poison
chains into jabs
conter jabs
this hero is ****ing cancer and ridiculously overpowered. Ubisoft did it once more.

https://ibb.co/hNHmba that is his Moveset, ****ing BS. The Devs want this game to die!

Redditmember55
08-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Here is his MOveset.

8 ****ing unblockables
Pins
Poison
chains into jabs
conter jabs
this hero is ****ing cancer and ridiculously overpowered. Ubisoft did it once more.

https://ibb.co/hNHmba that is his Moveset, ****ing BS. The Devs want this game to die!

Will you complain in every Gladiator thread on the Ubisoft Forum?

Tyrjo
08-13-2017, 06:03 PM

Now that we now how many bars he has, which are four and a 4/5, which translates to the Gladiator having 120HP.

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 06:34 AM
Well he is OP so is highlander too. they OP compared to the rest of the cast and tahts a fact. you can argue but you just gonna shoot yourself in the foot.

Tundra 793
08-14-2017, 06:46 AM
There's a good amount of gameplay out on Youtube with both the Highlander and Gladiator. Mostly only fighting each other though.

They appear to have the same amount of health, around 120 but no less I would guess. It's still way too early to tell if either of them are unbalanced, we gotta see how they perform against the OG roster.
But I will say, the Gladiator seems to have an unblockable or two too many. His unblockables are fast and there's one for every situation. It sounds really worrying, but we'll have to wait and see.

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 06:52 AM
do we really ned to wait to see?
we all know how it will turn out. so why wait. and the dev team know that too. if you think any hero other than shin and cent can compete with highlander and gladiator then you are mistaken.i know i am right and time will tell.

Knight_Raime
08-14-2017, 06:56 AM
Now that we now how many bars he has, which are four and a 4/5, which translates to the Gladiator having 120HP.

yeah. that's standard HP for assassins shin and pk aside I believe.

From watching gameplay his stamina pool and regen seem needed. and the moves he use expend a decent amount. So I don't think he'll have the same issue as centurion.
(though that's because centurion pays less to feint than anyone else.)

And his knock down is only when the person is OOS. So I don't think he'll be taken nearly as harshly as centurion.
if anything gets complained about right away i'm betting it's going to be his bleed since he can hold the bleed to make it do more.

Tundra 793
08-14-2017, 06:59 AM
Yes, we do need to wait and see.

Tomorrow, a whole bunch of us are going to try out these new heroes for the first time, and we will be going up against Rep 10+ people who've mained all the original heroes, and mastered them.
If the new guys are really OP, we should be winning all our matches right from the start. I'm guessing we won't, there will be a steep learning curve to master these completely new heroes.

People are throwing around the term "OP" way too much these days. Name a class that's OP, I can promise you we've all killed them time, and time again.

Some classes are unbalanced, sure, but they're not OP.

DrinkinMehStella
08-14-2017, 10:20 AM
but if you watch highlander being played by youtubers who know how to use him then highlander seems op as well. Once again we just need to go through the learning period like with shinobi and cent once we know how to counter then its will be fine. except that gladiator can pin like cent and has a knockdown ability as well, high lander also has a throw which in a tank situation could be like fighting a group of cents.

dragon7jdc
08-14-2017, 04:33 PM
being optimistic is good. but am sure of what i said and i'll stick to my opinion. and just because you lost while using the new heros doesnt mean he isnt op. thats not an argument to make. it just poves you are not used to using the hero yet.

T_Sesh
08-14-2017, 04:45 PM
Here is his MOveset.

8 ****ing unblockables
Pins
Poison
chains into jabs
conter jabs

He doesn't have any chains into jabs, that's a side dodge jab, and a parry jab, which is essentially the same as a conqueror. His pin is only on deflect or when worked into chains, which, unless it has ridiculous tracking like the cent, will probably be easy enough to dodge or parry. Beyond that, his pin doesn't seem to chain into anything guaranteed unless pinned to a wall, which only guarantees a melee bash.

Tyrjo
08-15-2017, 05:28 PM
What are you experiences so far? Is he a pain in the a or manageable to fight against? Given people aren't so good with him yet...

Baturai
08-15-2017, 05:40 PM
bRAVO uBISOFT YOU DID IT AGAIN.. stupid ****s. i dont know but you do it on purpose right ?
**** you really

Kav0rk4
08-15-2017, 05:44 PM
Gladiator really sucks actually. Only thing he excells at is hitting heavies after parries even on longer range opponents, and having a good punish on enemy being no stamina. Also, good zone attack, but only in extreme short range.

He sucks at everything else. He has zero reliable punishes, everything is couterable.

Dohospody
08-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Say Gladiator is OP on releas date is out. You dont know tactics, block and attack. Just wait to first month.

FinnOfTheHorde
08-15-2017, 06:45 PM
Nah, Gladiator is not a problem in this season. I think Highlander is missing something.

Tyrjo
11-11-2017, 09:46 PM
I called it by just seeing his move set before season 3. Three months later, the verdict is:

OP

Superior dodge and dodge attacks.
Superior feint game.
UB stun from NOTHING
Superior stamina and stamina management.
Superior mixups.
Super fast UB toe stab possible to mixup anywhere for guaranteed dmg.
700ms heavy for 30dmg from ALL sides.

How does he have 120HP? It should be a 100HP. No armor, no nothing, 100HP.

BTTrinity
11-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Hes OP af lmao, far better than most of the cast.. He probably should be the glass cannon @100HP

xDarkMACx
11-11-2017, 11:18 PM
As I play him, he doesn't have 8 unblockables. (1) skewer is unblockable, (2) jab is unblockable. Its telling different ways to do it. The fuscina is unblockable but it has very short range and easy to dodge. Every unblockable he has can be dodged.

Tyrjo
11-12-2017, 08:38 AM
Whether or not he has 8 UBs is not the point here. No seasoned player let the UBs fly anyways, they are just part of his feint game. You don't dodge them because that means you get GB:en.

His dodge stun seriously needs stumble recovery frames if it doesn't hit.

Maxime_Qc-
11-12-2017, 03:25 PM
Lolll aren't you all a little shy ?

Damn i would go hide under my bed if i was any one of you !

How?

Just how is that possible To have problem against a gladiator ?! xD

Shame on you all you need To just Get good

I think some people are just NOT made for this game.. and whatever they keep trying they just rage more and call nonsense ,rage and cry here

Maybe in matchmaking we should add some kind of difficulty option (i know another compromise for the noob) that just ask how good you consider yourself

And you are put against opponent that clicked for the same difficulty....

People just gotta be honest and don't say they noob To just go crush some noob

Maybe like if you win too often in a low difficulty server you get blocked from these server after the game ...for some time ... so you forced to go next level of difficulty and thats how you get better

Just some idea im randomly throwing here loll

Because really there is too much noob crying for everything in this game ...

Someone can tell me why... no wonder why with who and against who i play. .. I NEVER get any trouble !!

And if i lose it is NEVER because the guy in front of me was OP or better NO ... its only MY fault...

I learn how my opponent play i fix m'y mistake and i win!! That's it .. simple as that .. not coming here in the forum too cry everytime i lose !

If i lose twice To the same Guy i never give up... everyone has his weakness,a counter .. ect

Learn every character and you Will be untouchable

Maxime_Qc-
11-12-2017, 03:47 PM
Sorry but its si easy To counter a gladiator ..

His footstab his very predictable if you got no stam stay far you know he's coming for this...if you allready close wait
Dont Dodge back To soon he Will guardbreak you ..

When he see you dont Dodge back he will go for it... now that you see him move toi ses the fire that mean UNBLOCKABLE... NOW its time To Dodge back

2; everytime you see him Dodge prepare for the light parry its the only thing he can do while dodging (he can Also punch but you see its gonna be a punch even before he dodge )

Don't try To parry those heavy he Will cancel it anyway and hit you with something else or just Guardbreak you

You throw fast light or zone cancel To interrupt him or you just block...

His UNBLOCKABLE his really all about timing... you WAIT.... you stay still till the very last ms ....count in your head like 1-2....after 2 its too late for him To cancel so je ne didn't cancel after 2 you make your move ...

Your choices.. .

Very risky but you can now just parry it..that could lead To free guardbreak To wall splat heavy ect

Or you just

DODGE and its Also a free guardbreak

NOW if he DID cancel it...

Well thank god you where standing still and just waiting for it you just have To counter guardbreak or atk fast

Did i Forget anything ?

He doesn't really have a big list of move...

After this its all just reading your opponent and how good with your own feint games combo bait To parry/deflect you are

(Exemple of m'y favorite bait ...

As a berserker. .. side light (no dodge) To top heavy HEADCRUSHER , CANCEL....By trying To parry opponent press top heavy... and here we go free deflect for me push To wall top heavy , zone = dead...if they are out of stam its Even better ... push To ground while he still falling spin Atk toward him and HEADCRUSHER is one hit kill)

Tyrjo
11-13-2017, 09:06 AM
Thanks for two totally incomprehensive posts.

His footstab his very predictable if you got no stam stay far you know he's coming for this...if you allready close wait
Dont Dodge back To soon he Will guardbreak you ..

How is it predictable? It's so damn fast and it can come anytime after a chain or stun or whatever. If it's something the toestab is, it's not predicable.

Oupyz
11-13-2017, 09:20 AM
there is far more important things to look at before glad ,

like Shugoki stupid hyper armor ...... that's one example of course

or that 250ms pk zone

or those cent heavy that coming way faster than they are

etc etc etc

the game needs months before it can become a decent game

Charmzzz
11-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Thanks for two totally incomprehensive posts.

How is it predictable? It's so damn fast and it can come anytime after a chain or stun or whatever. If it's something the toestab is, it's not predicable.

Uhm, it is a 600ms attack which deals 10 Damage(10!). And it is pretty predictable and heavily punishable. Any Glad will, in 90% of all cases, start with a Light into Toe Stab or feinted Skewer since all other options are superbad:
1. Another Light @600ms? Get parried bro.
2. A Heavy? Opponent parries you or can just block it.

Soo, if you get hit by a Glad Light prepare to Dodge and look at his Animation. If you cannot deal with 600ms Attacks (which deal minimal Damage...) you should have other Problems than Glad Toe Stab. Oh, and did you know that you get a guaranteed GB on Glad if you just block his Dodge-Light attack? His recoveries are terribad, believe me, I have him on Rep 8 atm. His super-short Reflex-Guard is a big weakness, just feint a heavy into a light and it will be hard as Glad to even block it.

Netcode_err_404
11-13-2017, 05:07 PM
Uhm, it is a 600ms attack which deals 10 Damage(10!). And it is pretty predictable and heavily punishable. Any Glad will, in 90% of all cases, start with a Light into Toe Stab or feinted Skewer since all other options are superbad:

Soo, if you get hit by a Glad Light prepare to Dodge and look at his Animation. If you cannot deal with 600ms Attacks (which deal minimal Damage...) you should have other Problems than Glad Toe Stab. Oh, and did you know that you get a guaranteed GB on Glad if you just block his Dodge-Light attack? His recoveries are terribad, believe me, I have him on Rep 8 atm. His super-short Reflex-Guard is a big weakness, just feint a heavy into a light and it will be hard as Glad to even block it.

With time snap removal, shugoki, HL and LB cannot dodge stab after 1 hiit.

You need to dodge BEFORE you see the stab to actually having a chance to dodge it, and like 90% of the game mechanics is too inconistent.

Before adding new cancers, they should AT LEAST make the game CONSISTENT.

Maxime_Qc-
11-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Lolll please can you stop whining!!

I guarantee you the game is not That much inconsistent... you are !!

You act like some character are invincible To some specific others character ...

Of course some got their advantage over some .. you can't only Allways have flawless victory ... sometime you just accept To take the hit so you can trade more dmg etc

I am so convinced that YOU are the problem here that i would not care To prove it To you by duelling you AND even let you chose MY character !!

Netcode_err_404
11-13-2017, 07:51 PM
Lolll please can you stop whining!!

I guarantee you the game is not That much inconsistent... you are !!

You act like some character are invincible To some specific others character ...

Of course some got their advantage over some .. you can't only Allways have flawless victory ... sometime you just accept To take the hit so you can trade more dmg etc

I am so convinced that YOU are the problem here that i would not care To prove it To you by duelling you AND even let you chose MY character !!

Cool, but no, game is incostintent, sometimes some actions does not connect, some GB does not connect, some pushes does not make the opponent fall out of a cliff.

And the list goes on.

Herbstlicht
11-13-2017, 07:58 PM
At least on console, Gladiator is really strong. Time snap removal and resulting gameplay inconsistencies may be part of it, but there is no denying that gladiator is a powerhouse.
Still those days balance discussions feel somehow pointless. I think Ubi knows about many balance issues but due to the long time those reworks take, they just seem to wait it out.

Tyrjo
11-13-2017, 08:58 PM

Thanks for the tips. I know I can punish with a GB on a dodge/jump attack, I do however feel I have been out of GB range a couple of times with his dodge attack. I don't know if it's just bad luck or if anyone else have this issue.

Oupyz
11-13-2017, 10:52 PM
nothing is wrong with a character who can open turtle , i wish all roster were like glad , u'll have a fun fighting game with variety

Netcode_err_404
11-13-2017, 11:22 PM
nothing is wrong with a character who can open turtle , i wish all roster were like glad , u'll have a fun fighting game with variety

Yeah except he can open up turtles and CAN turtle.

And othes cannot.

Also, fun fact, open up turtles =/= UB spam fest.

Oupyz
11-14-2017, 12:35 AM
no he cannot turtle , he has 1 second guardstance , a good feint game will own him , that's why glad weakness is kensei u don't know when he is going to let his attack go

Netcode_err_404
11-14-2017, 01:20 AM
no he cannot turtle , he has 1 second guardstance , a good feint game will own him , that's why glad weakness is kensei u don't know when he is going to let his attack go

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Charmzzz
11-14-2017, 10:16 AM
ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oupyz is right on that. Gladiator is weak against feint-heavy opponents and Hyperarmor. And how can he turtle with that super-short reflex guard? He has, now after Shinobi Buff, the shortest guard in the roster... 1on1, yes, he is pretty strong if you let him take the initiative. But in any gank situation, Glad is terrible. Really terrible.

Btw you Sir, Lord-Micidial, play the turtle-style with your LB to the limit. You should not complain about super-short-reflex-guard Characters who "turtle" as it makes you look pretty pathetic. ;)