PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator Leak?

Corvos_Vim
08-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Anyone else feel excited/scared to see what the Gladiator's moveset looks like? After seeing the Highlander Moveset i have to say... RIP Centurions.

I mean look at the bigger picture here. The highlander has all these cool ways to open you up and **** in your cornflakes. But think of his Damage output. Largest Edged weapon in the game and more deady than a shugoki.

If it follows the same thing as S2 heroes the Gladiator is going to be equally impressive. I expect pins like the Centurion to be in part of the Gladiators moveset.

Any news on a gladiator leak?

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 11:53 AM
I haven't seen any on reddit, but I do think the gladiator is going to be a matchup for the centurion, quick enough to dodge his attacks (assassins generally are and I have had luck with the warden and nobushi) higher stamina pool and quicker stamina regeneration. If that doesn't say I have been training to kill cents I don't know what does lol.

Knight_Raime
08-10-2017, 12:00 PM
there was a small image of 2 things in the gladiators list.
but considering one of them was literally called "bamboozle" i'm hesitant to accept the leak as true immediately aha.

Rep30Lawbro
08-10-2017, 01:37 PM
I know it's defs way too early to tell, but I can already see the Gladiator sprinkling the salt from his enemies on his chips. Having a massive stamina pool was one of the top complaints about Centurion, so I don't know why this hero would supposedly have an ever bigger one? Be prepared to get trapped in combos a lot. As well as the new OOS changes on the way, this hero is going to have a much better time than vanilla classes keeping their opponent on the defensive and holding onto their stamina.

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 04:27 PM
It might be that like the berserker the gladiator needs to spend stamina to get damage off, we will see more on Tuesday I guess. I will be giving him a look, I am hoping he at least isn't as fast as the peacekeeper, I don't like the peacekeeper as fast as the peacekeeper and she is my main.

EDIT *sigh* their description in the patch notes suggests this is not the case - The Gladiator (Assassin): an easy-to-play Knight who boasts a high attack speed. They excel when it comes to stamina management and easily keep enemies at a distance with their proud tridents.

Knight_Raime
08-10-2017, 08:25 PM
I know it's defs way too early to tell, but I can already see the Gladiator sprinkling the salt from his enemies on his chips. Having a massive stamina pool was one of the top complaints about Centurion, so I don't know why this hero would supposedly have an ever bigger one? Be prepared to get trapped in combos a lot. As well as the new OOS changes on the way, this hero is going to have a much better time than vanilla classes keeping their opponent on the defensive and holding onto their stamina.

Honestly The stamina pool might not be getting changed on the centurion like people think is going to happen due to popes comment on reddit.
in all likely hood he's just going to get a change/fix to his hard feint cost. as how much it costs him is completely different to how much it costs other people.

As i've argued with about cents stamina pool is he needs it in order to combo/punish people he's gotten into OOS.
At least I hope they only mess with the feinting cost. a nerf to just his stamina pool seems like the wrong call.

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 11:43 PM
Is it just me or does the gladiator have an unblockable in the trailer? The top heavy before it cuts to one of his executions.

Moondyne_MC
08-10-2017, 11:48 PM
Yeah it definitely glowed orange, but looked quite quick for a top UB.

Rep30Lawbro
08-11-2017, 02:12 AM
Is it just me or does the gladiator have an unblockable in the trailer? The top heavy before it cuts to one of his executions.

Not just you, the group I was watching with also remarked on it looking like an UB.