PDA

View Full Version : Hope County Map Jam - Player Choice Award

Ubi-Salvenius
08-10-2017, 11:40 AM
2017/08/11 - 17:51 GMT+1 Update:

Due to an error with the polls, we have decided to reset the polls and include ALL entries that have been submitted in a gesture of fairness and as a sign of acknowledgement to everyone's hard work and effort. Furthermore the voting has been extended to Monday 14th August. We apologise for the mishap.

Due to the way the choices are displayed, please use the following to judge the entries

Search for the map (All maps should be labelled with MJ1 for easier searching) and play them for yourself in Far Cry 4 as you will get the feel of the map
Check out Anorexic_Buddah's Map Jam Entries List (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1716603-Hope-County-Map-Jam-Entries-(All-Platforms)) for Youtube playthroughs

As you may have noticed we have also included a Honourable mention within the PC poll, this is due to a special circumstance and was discussed between the team to include.

Please double check the polls as the links have been changed

https://static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc_mapjam_hopecounty_850x472_296370.jpg

It's time for The Player's Choice Award and now you get to feel the intense excitement, indecision and pressure that we have felt.

This is YOUR chance by voting for which entry that YOU think hits the criteria and more importantly answers the simple question of; If it was available within FC5, would it fit with the atmosphere, intensity, feeling, vision and environment of Hope County, Montana?

http://i.imgur.com/P47g5Yf.png

What Do I Need To Do?

There will be two polls, one for the PC map entries and one for the Console map entries. The polls will run from Thursday 10th August 2017 to Monday 14th August 2017.

PC Poll (https://strawpoll.com/kkxa3g9w) | Console Poll (https://strawpoll.com/gb4ws4sg)

Click on the above links to be taken to the poll.
Look at each member's entry (Additional imagery/videos will be made available if possible, shout out to Anorexic_Buddah)
Choose your favourite by selecting the circular button at side of your choice at the top of this topic.
Click on the "Vote" button NOTE: Only one vote per person per poll, so choose wisely!

It's as simple as that!

I can't choose, help?

Choosing a favourite is always hard but there are a few things you can do that will ease the decision.

Search for the map (All maps should be labelled with MJ1 for easier searching) and play them for yourself in Far Cry 4 as you will get the feel of the map
Check out Anorexic_Buddah's Map Jam Entries List (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1716603-Hope-County-Map-Jam-Entries-(All-Platforms)) for Youtube playthroughs
Ask yourself the following:Which map seems to give the best impression in any or all of these categories?

https://static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_level_design%28web%29_296451 .pnghttps://static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_graphic%28web%29_296452.pngh ttps://static19.ubisoft.com/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc5_map_jam_trophy_v2_gameplay%28web%29_296453.png

Hey that's my map! Someone else stole it and re-published it!

It's unfortunate but it happens and if it does then let us know and we'll investigate. Stealing the hard work of others is certainly not tolerated by us.

What will "The Chosen" win?

See what we did there....Oh, so anyway. Both winners (1x PC choice and 1x Console choice) will win the below loot. Everyone else wins our gratitude and a tremendous amount of love for participating and making this a fantastic turn-out.

http://i.imgur.com/eoAHQgs.jpg

Final Word

From all of us in the Far Cry Community Team, we would just like to say thank you as we were not expecting such a passionate turn-out. We are in awe of the dedication, time and effort you all put in and because of this, we may have been caught off-guard slightly. However this just means we can learn, experiment and prepare better for the future, so thank you.

Time to get voting folks!
The Far Cry Community Team

akilyoung
08-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Not sure if I should put this here, but due to the massive amount of changes I made, I recorded the final video showing my map:

https://youtu.be/3ZLEmaTLxjM

akilyoung
08-10-2017, 05:02 PM
I must be blind but I dont see my map MJ1 - Farmland in the polling list?!

AW LOST SOLDIER
08-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Good luck everyone :)

truesurv1val
08-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Yh, more maps are missing, kyle.

Well good luck guys. I enjoyed playing your maps.

Canadian Beer42
08-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Why don't I see my map?

Fallen-Champ
08-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Why don't I see my map?

Just adding a new video - Should be done soon, I took down the previous map as I thought the newer one was an updated version but with a different name ?

ducain23
08-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Good luck everyone!!

Here is my video for my map... spent 6 hours recording and editing... so I'm kinda proud of this video...haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28vzLhC5YAY

akilyoung
08-10-2017, 07:01 PM
That sucks that some of the best maps arent listed, either way, good luck guys, and I am glad the contest aroused some of us old timers from the grave!

unsorted-guy
08-10-2017, 07:44 PM
MJ1 - Non Believer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wcHn-eaeXw

SOV4REIGN
08-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Mj1 - harvest ranch

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-11-2017, 03:51 AM
It seems that some maps have not been included in the polls. I hope the polls are reset to include all the maps that are made for the contest. I appreciate the votes I have received, but it's better to be fair.

WebDBA11
08-11-2017, 06:50 AM
Wow... I watched my kid make at least 3 maps and submit them and not one of them shows up on that list. WTF?

WebDBA11
08-11-2017, 07:11 AM
my son Evil-G-Ferret collaborated with SETHO-1 on these 3 maps.

MJ1 - The Cathedral

MJ1 - Forgotten Hope

MJ1 - Chapel Escape

Ubi-Salvenius
08-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Hey Folks,

I would like to apologise for the error, it was an oversight on my part and a little bit of a mix-up in what was needed for the polls.

We will be redoing the polls, which unfortunately does mean that the votes currently will be reset in order to include everyone in the polls but we do hope you understand and appreciate that we want to make this as fair as possible and of course we want to be as transparent as possible when it comes to situations like this.

Along with this, we will be using this experience as a learning curve for future Map Jams and contests in general, so if you do have feedback on how we can improve, feel free to let us know

Once again sorry for the mix-up and setback

Fallen-Champ
08-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Someone on PC called frenchy published one today, I have not checked it and didn't put it on any list so it's up to you guys if you accept it after the deadline.

Also it has been difficult my own lists got messed up several times, I would say that next time allow only one map per person and only one update (Would rather say no updates but with the crappy system we have on consoles others can't check unpublished maps for feedback so it's expected that some will alter their maps)

Also each map maker should message one person and once the details are received the map can be entered onto a list.
It would be easier on voting if the lists were narrowed down rather than everyone voting for any map - also maybe people vote and the 3 that get the most votes Ubisoft then pick the winner from those 3 - so they filter away maps and leave a set number for us to vote on then they pick the winning map for each platform maybe.

(It has been overwhelming the number of submissions - never saw that coming on an old game)
seen some amazing maps the last fortnight and still have others to look at :)

Ubi-Salvenius
08-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Does this mean the contests is delayed and I can add another map? I made one yesterday and it tops the one I got in the contests easily.

Personally I will say no to adding any more entries. We will be extending the voting time and as a gesture of good will, those that did enter ON the 10th (That have been noted by Anorexic_Buddah) will also be added. After all I did mess up, so it's only fair.

Next time i would recommend to create a list with all known maps then authors should check the list and, within a deadline, they can notify if any of theirs' missing.

Someone on PC called frenchy published one today, I have not checked it and didn't put it on any list so it's up to you guys if you accept it after the deadline.

Also it has been difficult my own lists got messed up several times, I would say that next time allow only one map per person and only one update (Would rather say no updates but with the crappy system we have on consoles others can't check unpublished maps for feedback so it's expected that some will alter their maps)

Also each map maker should message one person and once the details are received the map can be entered onto a list.
It would be easier on voting if the lists were narrowed down rather than everyone voting for any map - also maybe people vote and the 3 that get the most votes Ubisoft then pick the winner from those 3 - so they filter away maps and leave a set number for us to vote on then they pick the winning map for each platform maybe.

(It has been overwhelming the number of submissions - never saw that coming on an old game)
seen some amazing maps the last fortnight and still have others to look at :)

I think that's also what has done us in, the team here are certainly taken back (In a good way) about the amount of entries. I'm new to the team and joined halfway through the contest, so I still have my training wheels on ;)

The point I want to make here though is that this won't become a normal thing that will happen, accidents happen, mistakes can be made since after all we are human but we learn and adapt from our mistakes.

We'll certainly be discussing better ways to approach this within the future and that's not just for potential Map Jams but for contests in general.

AKAFootloose
08-11-2017, 04:31 PM
I would like to suggest just using the browser rating system information instead of the Straw Poll. It is way too easy to cheat on that poll and obviously it has on the PC poll. Also, that way the map would have to be actually played to be able to vote.

truesurv1val
08-11-2017, 05:46 PM
I would suggest for future contests, 1 map per person. This way the number of maps wil be reduced also the quality will go up. People wont distribute their attention to multiple maps and focus on one.

Also i would like to see that people cant enter the contest with old or someone elses work. How? Just publish a blanco map that people have to download at the begging off the contest. So when people turn in a map, you see the original author and. Know its made for the contest.

It also would be logical that the player choice award comes after ubisoft choices. So the ubisoft choices wont have to put into the poll and it will make the poll bit shorter.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-11-2017, 05:55 PM
I would like to suggest just using the browser rating system information instead of the Straw Poll. It is way too easy to cheat on that poll and obviously it has on the PC poll. Also, that way the map would have to be actually played to be able to vote.

I would have to agree. It does look a bit off when one of the maps has over a hundred votes.. When most maps have less than 10 votes. Seems like a real good map and has an awesome video. but gameplay wise you cant even be killed. So not sure if that would be considered good map to play. I understand that its more for aesthetics. I would hope in FC5 that invincible maps are for testing or maybe have a separate category all on its own.

Anyway from what I read in the contest FC5 level Designers are going to be picking winners from different categories. So there should be multiple maps that win in some regard.
Here is the link.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/far-cry-5/?modalId=207296654&ncid=108-2718---1-eml-31-29-crm1666-mapjam-18-2-4-0717-6-2---FC5_C2W_Pre__crm1666_ID46948

Ubi-Salvenius
08-11-2017, 06:02 PM
2017/08/11 - 17:51 GMT+1 Update:

Due to an error with the polls, we have decided to reset the polls and include ALL entries that have been submitted in a gesture of fairness and as a sign of acknowledgement to everyone's hard work and effort. We apologise for the mishap.

Due to the way the choices are displayed, please use the following to judge the entries

As you may have noticed we have also included a Honourable mention within the PC poll, this is due to a special circumstance and was discussed between the team to include.

If you cannot find or see your entry within the list, please PM me and we'll talk about it :)

Please double check the polls as the links have been changed in the first post.

Steve64b
08-11-2017, 06:42 PM
maps.farcry.eu website Map Jam update: Submit your MJ1 map names!

The community maps site now allows people to submit information to the site.

In light of this Map Jam, I advise map makers to:

visit maps.farcry.eu via this link (http://maps.farcry.eu/?publishdate_from=2017-07-26&publishdate_to=2017-08-11) to list Map Jam entries.
find your map(s), going by the map thumbnail and the publication date
(the page lists maps from new to old).
Click the 'gear'-icon and submit the appropriate name for the map.
It looks like this:
http://maps.farcry.eu/static/map_name_edit.jpg

Once you submit your map, people can find it on the site by searching for "MJ1". And with MapSwapper (http://maps.farcry.eu/swapper), your map may be enjoyed by people on other platforms, possibly yielding you some extra votes! :)

P.S.
All PC map titles should be added already - try searching for "MJ1" on the site (http://maps.farcry.eu/?mapname=MJ1)! :)

AW LOST SOLDIER
08-11-2017, 06:57 PM
Using strawpoll to do this will end in tears. a forum poll would be better. with the strawpoll people can share the poll link on social media, and followers (100s) can vote on a map, for a game they never played, and a map they never clapped eyes on. i predict big drama at the end of this pole. contests are very complex things to get right. hope im wrong and all goes well.

AKAFootloose
08-11-2017, 07:03 PM
Using strawpoll to do this will end in tears. a forum poll would be better. with the strawpoll people can share the poll link on social media, and followers (100s) can vote on a map, for a game they never played, and a map they never clapped eyes on. i predict big drama at the end of this pole. contests are very complex things to get right. hope im wrong and all goes well.

That's what I've been try to tell everyone. The Straw Poll is a bogus joke!

Ubi-Salvenius
08-11-2017, 07:25 PM

We can only have a maximum of 10 choices per poll, I have already asked and gone head to head with IT about this but sadly they won't budge on the matter, otherwise yes, we would be using the integrated poll feature (which was originally intended)

Due to time constraints of getting the player choices out on time, the choice to use an external poll site was made (Which we will be looking into some more and any alternative methods)

I do like the idea of using the rating system within the map browser but the issue that comes with that is that it can isolate or create divided groups but again it's something we can look into and not only that but because you guys USE the features, your feedback and ideas are certainly appreciated.

Overall, there's a lot we can and will be learning, unfortunately for now we can only use what we have at hand.

However,

All is not lost, you are all still entered and eligible for the three other categories.

AW LOST SOLDIER
08-11-2017, 07:29 PM

I never entered a map into this contest myself, but i cant just stand back and say nothing, when all the hard work map builders put into this contest, only to lose because of social media followers votes. come on ubisoft you need to pull the strawpoll down and replace it with a fair poll.

DapperHayden007
08-11-2017, 08:06 PM
My opinion on strawpoll would be to just vote via the comments on the forum, have a rule that only people with so many posts can vote or something, that way you can filter out the invalid votes :p

AW LOST SOLDIER
08-11-2017, 08:16 PM
My opinion on strawpoll would be to just vote via the comments on the forum, have a rule that only people with so many posts can vote or something, that way you can filter out the invalid votes :p

Good idea dapper

AKAFootloose
08-11-2017, 09:55 PM
Ok, I've got an idea. If we are limited to a 10 choice limit poll in this forum, just take the top ten from the Browser as finalist to get on the poll list. Then use Hayden's idea with at least a 10 post minimum to vote.

ducain23
08-12-2017, 05:17 AM
I know yall are talking about me...lol

I understand your frustration but let me explain myself and why the other ways yall mentioned have issues too.

1) If you have a poll on this forum, then new people that check out the maps and want to vote have to take the time to sign up and a lot of people don't want to that. Also, some (remember I said some) people here in the forums that have interacted for years will vote for each other and not a new person.

2) If there is a vote in the forums... it is a terrible idea to say "You have to have so many posts before you can vote"... That means I wouldn't even be able to vote even though I made a map.

3) Have yall even looked at my map? You are acting like my map is terrible and im just winning because of my followers. I personally think my map is the best (especially the best remake of the Far Cry 5 Trailer) and many people that don't follow me agree. I put about 20-30 hours into my map and it is extremely close to the trailer. I worked hard too.

4) You know EVERYONE would post the contest link on their social media if they had a bunch of followers.

5) You forget that there are multiple categories you can win in. | Best Level Design - Best Graphics - Best Gameplay - Players Choice | So if you have an incredible map... then you can win any of those categories.

6) This is not how you make someone feel welcomed in the Far Cry Community. I just joined because I'm known in the Halo Forge community and I wanted to try my hand in Far Cry.

After reading all this salt in this forum over me winning in the polls right now... I would rather the Far Cry Devs just take my map out of the "Players Choice" poll. Why? Because I believe my map is good enough to win one of the other categories.

I may sound conceded right now, but I'm just a tad disappointed that the only reason why yall think I am winning is because of my followers. Have yall ever thought that they voted for me because they believe my maps is the best? I even wrote in my first tweet "If you have seen my Far Cry map and think it should win... Please vote for my map" and then with the new poll... all I wrote was "They reset the voting contest. So if you voted for my Far Cry map... please vote for it again"

Never once did I say "Go vote for my map without looking at anyone elses!"... I specifically said if you think I should win... please vote for my map.

LINK to both twitter posts. (http://imgur.com/a/Ta4MD)

P.S. If you do the "If we are limited to a 10 choice limit poll in this forum, just take the top ten from the Browser as finalist to get on the poll list. Then use Hayden's idea with at least a 10 post minimum to vote." type of voting... then immediately I would lose because people would be upset at me about asking followers to vote for me if they liked my map... the "more veteran" forum people would be upset about that (like yall right now) and not vote for me even if my map deserved it.

And again... I wouldn't even be able to vote even though I would have a map in the contest...kinda messed up

So I'm not joking... please Devs remove my map from the community voting. I believe I can win one of the other categories :)

Remember... the title of the voting says "Which is your favourite PC Map Jam entry?"... yall are just assuming that everyone that voted for me doesn't look at any of the other ones. Don't assume things when I've had probably over 20 messages saying that my map was incredible. Maybe people actually believe that my map is their favorite and that is why they voted for it :)

ducain23
08-12-2017, 05:33 AM
I would have to agree. It does look a bit off when one of the maps has over a hundred votes.. When most maps have less than 10 votes. Seems like a real good map and has an awesome video. but gameplay wise you cant even be killed. So not sure if that would be considered good map to play. I understand that its more for aesthetics. I would hope in FC5 that invincible maps are for testing or maybe have a separate category all on its own.

Anyway from what I read in the contest FC5 level Designers are going to be picking winners from different categories. So there should be multiple maps that win in some regard.
Here is the link.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/far-cry-5/?modalId=207296654&ncid=108-2718---1-eml-31-29-crm1666-mapjam-18-2-4-0717-6-2---FC5_C2W_Pre__crm1666_ID46948

Aesthetic maps can still win community choice. You don't need to have gameplay in order for people to enjoy your map and vote for it. Especailly when trying to recreate the trailer as close as possible. This includes only putting the enemies exactly where they are in the trailer. Doing so does not translate well into "gameplay"... that is the reason why you are invincible... I made the map so you can walk around and view it (same reason it is extraction).

Also... it seems like A LOT of yall haven't even looked at my map (just the videos) and are just complaining. Lets first look and play peoples maps before complaning that they aren't worth a vote.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-12-2017, 06:26 AM
Aesthetic maps can still win community choice. You don't need to have gameplay in order for people to enjoy your map and vote for it. Especailly when trying to recreate the trailer as close as possible. This includes only putting the enemies exactly where they are in the trailer. Doing so does not translate well into "gameplay" ever... that is the reason why you are invincible... I made the map so you can walk around and view it (same reason it is extraction).

Also... it seems like A LOT of yall haven't even looked at my map (just the videos) and are just complaining. Lets first look and play peoples maps before complaning that they aren't worth a vote.

I think your map looks great. I do prefer maps that have some challenge to it. So an invincible map is just not my cup of tea. I am also in multiple map editing groups and even have a very small channel. I don't ask for votes. I'm more of a lets see what everyone came up with or wow look at that map. So I am not even that talented. I just been doing it for some time. I also enjoy what others come up with and I try to come up with a fun interesting map.

Most map editors that I know stand on their own merit and don't need to ask for votes. So its sad to me, to see a great guy like you feel so insecure. As its in the description of your video. Here is a copy and paste of it----PLEASE VOTE FOR MY MAP - https://strawpoll.com/kkxa3g9w..I think your map would definitely win one of the categories. I am actually a long time sub of yours. That's why I asked what happen to your channel in an earlier thread.. You are really good at map editing and I'm sure you would be welcomed in the numerous Far Cry clubs.. Like battlemap.net, Far cry maps Facebook, and Far Cry map editors Facebook.. Even the various Far Cry clubs that I'm in on Xb1.. So we all try to treat each other equally. At least I think I do.. So I guess it does not look fair to use your channel and or facebook to ask for votes..

ducain23
08-12-2017, 06:40 AM
I think your map looks great. I do prefer maps that have some challenge to it. So an invincible map is just not my cup of tea. I am also in multiple map editing groups and even have a very small channel. I don't ask for votes. I'm more of a lets see what everyone came up with or wow look at that map. So I am not even that talented. I just enjoy what others come up with and I try to come up with a fun interesting map.

Most map editors that I know stand on their own merit and don't need to ask for votes. So its sad to me, to see a great guy like you feel so insecure. As its in the description of your video. Here is a copy and paste of it----PLEASE VOTE FOR MY MAP - https://strawpoll.com/kkxa3g9w..I think your map would definitely win one of the categories. I am actually a long time sub of yours. That's why I asked what happen to your channel in an earlier thread.. You are really good at map editing and I'm sure you would be welcomed in the numerous Far Cry clubs.. Like battlemap.net, Far cry maps Facebook, and Far Cry map editors Facebook.. Even the various Far Cry clubs that I'm in on Xb1.. So we all try to treat each other equally. At least I think I do.. So I guess it does not look fair to use your channel and or facebook to ask for votes..

I'm not insecure at all... that is why I asked the devs to remove me from the community voting. Other people are insecure since they don't think they can win the other categories...lol

Also, how else do you get votes? Most people voting will NOT check out 50 maps before making an informed opinion. There will be some but probably like 95% will not check them all out. That means if most people don't look at a good map... then it also isn't fair. So why can't I post about voting for my map? They even removed the "YouTube videos" from each entry... so then how are people going to look up what each map is like without spending ages to download. Most people will just vote for someone they like or know anyways (most people)

I also know some people who have about 1000 followers on twitter and they posted about their map and they aren't in the top 3 (console contest). Maybe people voted for my map because they really like it and it is their favorite (like the title of the contest says)...lol

Again... this is just 1 of 4 ways people can win in the PC contest... this isn't even for the Console contest (so 1 out of 8 ways to win). If this was the only way they can win then i would understand more... but it isn't. People need to stop complaining.

I've already contacted Salv to remove me from the community vote contest... yall are just ridiculous...lol

Also I removed all post to the voting... I get that it is "too late" but still

ducain23
08-12-2017, 06:44 AM
Um.. I wasn't talking about you?

I was talking about the other people...lol

AW LOST SOLDIER
08-12-2017, 07:24 AM
I'm not insecure at all... that is why I asked the devs to remove me from the community voting. Other people are insecure since they don't think they can win the other categories...lol

Also, how else do you get votes? Most people voting will NOT check out 50 maps before making an informed opinion. There will be some but probably like 95% will not check them all out. That means if most people don't look at a good map... then it also isn't fair. So why can't I post about voting for my map?

I also know some people who have about 1000 followers on twitter and they posted about their map and they aren't in the top 3 (console contest). Maybe people voted for my map because they really like it and it is their favorite (like the title of the contest says)...lol

Again... this is just 1 of 4 ways people can win in the PC contest... this isn't even for the Console contest (so 1 out of 8 ways to win). If this was the only way they can win then i would understand more... but it isn't. People need to stop complaining.

I've already contacted Salv to remove me from the community vote contest... yall are just ridiculous...lol

Duncain23 it's not about attacking you as a map builder, it's about calling out a flaw in the voting system that allows anyone to vote. because you have the most social media followers and they will vote for you even if you dont ask.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-12-2017, 07:28 AM

Also, how else do you get votes? Most people voting will NOT check out 50 maps before making an informed opinion. There will be some but probably like 95% will not check them all out. That means if most people don't look at a good map... then it also isn't fair. So why can't I post about voting for my map?

It's true the Poll is flawed. And your points is well taken. It would not be realistic to think all the voters would play all the maps. I have requested the votes should be contain to the forum and no new accounts. Also you can not pick your own map. So you would have to pick wisely. A person with more friends or is a veteran would probably get more votes, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

I have seen some remarkable map my some new Far Cry editors. You included. So I would say there are ways to make the voting process more fair. Instead of requesting your followers to vote for your map.

Anyway I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. My map is not in the PC group. . So it's not like I have a stake in this. I am just trying to help explain. What it looks like to others.. Goodluck. I hope to see more maps from you.. Maybe make one without Invincibility.

AW LOST SOLDIER
08-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Im glad i dont enter competitions anymore, too much drama lol.

ducain23
08-12-2017, 07:49 AM
It's true the Poll is flawed. And your points is well taken. It would not be realistic to think all the voters would play all the maps. I have requested the votes should be contain to the forum and no new accounts. Also you can not pick your own map. So you would have to pick wisely. A person with more friends or is a veteran would probably get more votes, but I guess you have to start somewhere.

I have seen some remarkable map my some new Far Cry editors. You included. So I would say there are ways to make the voting process more fair. Instead of requesting your followers to vote for your map.

Anyway I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. My map is not in the PC group. . So it's not like I have a stake in this. I am just trying to help explain. What it looks like to others.. Goodluck. I hope to see more maps from you.. Maybe make one without Invincibility.

When you said "A person with more friends or is a veteran would probably get more votes, but I guess you have to start somewhere." that is unbelievably unfair too. That means anyone new (like me) that wants to join the competition... they wouldn't get many votes because veterans/friends of this community would get more votes even though their map might be way worse (not specifying a map or map maker... just giving an example).

People need to understand that ANY community voted maps will be infulenced no matter what and there is no "good" way to do it. That is why the devs decided to make multiple options to win. So this is just one way.

Also the second place person on the first poll had almost 90 votes (3rd place had like 6 or something). You don't think he got friends/followers to vote for him? This is what happens with community votes. People post to get votes (especially when they are new to the game/community and that might mean people won't check out their map)

I just want to say I'm not upset at all. I truly want to be removed from the community voting because I don't want people in this community to dislike me. But I can assure you that no matter what... the winner in each category probably asked friends or followers or whatever to vote (or their name is recognizable within the community)...lol

Oh and about the invinsibility thing... yea I probably should have just kept it "normal"... but I don't care about the gameplay. I just want people to concentrate on checking out the details of my map :)

ducain23
08-12-2017, 07:52 AM
im glad i dont enter competitions anymore, too much drama lol.

lol

ducain23
08-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Duncain23 it's not about attacking you as a map builder, it's about calling out a flaw in the voting system that allows anyone to vote. because you have the most social media followers and they will vote for you even if you dont ask.

There is no way to correct this flaw though... each way has major issues and can cause favoritism. This is why the devs made this just 1/4th of each contest :)

ducain23
08-12-2017, 08:02 AM
Come on guys, its meant to be fun as Hortys would say.

I think the level designers at Ubi pick the maps for the other parts of the competition so theres a chance anyone could get some free t-shirts etc.

If it was for a top spot on the Ubi Design Team then it would be serious for sure, but its just for everyone to take part and show off their maps, get a bit of exposure and maybe get a few freebies.

Come on guys, its a bit embarrassing bickering about stuff.

Completely agree :)

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-12-2017, 08:11 AM
Completely agree :)

Cheers to that.😄

AW LOST SOLDIER
08-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Lol, everyone step back from the brink. the drama, is over :)

Fallen-Champ
08-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Looking at the actual Times Played and Favorites as was in the last 10 minutes (From Far Cry 4 Game Stats looking at More Info on the actual map.
This would be the current top 10 maps on PC. (Obviously the numbers will change every time someone plays or likes a map)

MJ1 - Harvesting Souls - Times Played 786 - Favorites 44 by AKAFootloose
MJ1 - East Of Eden - Times Played 621 - Favorites 48 by AKAFootloose
MJ1 - Homecoming - Times Played 474 - Favorites 20 by Joeganaut
MJ1 - HOPECOUNTY - Times Played 437 - Favorites 13 by Diksa2002
MJ1 - Abandon Hope - Times Played 367 - Favorites 19 by Zinc_o
MJ1 - Firewatch - Times Played 360 - Favorites 12 by TheAnteater
MJ1 - Mitchville - Times Played 223 - Favorites 14 by OvidiuMantoc
MJ1 - Montana Mayhem - Times Played 211 - Favorites 9 by Thronbot
MJ1 - Hope Country1 - Times Played 210 - Favorites 6 by Diksa2002
MJ1 - Mountain run - Times Played 185 - Favorites 6 by Diksa2002

Currently I know of NO System that is fair with polls and voting, having been involved for years with different websites Far Cry related we kept changing the way things were done but there are always flaws.

It is what it is this time around, all we can do is congratulate those who come out on top, currently I have not yet voted because it is too difficult right now with the PS4 been very competitive so I want to play the maps some more.

With PC I am going to vote for GamePlay because there are other categories and Ubisoft will be looking at those, players choice in my opinion can be whatever the player likes so we vote for whichever map we want to.

I don't think it would be fair to go by just in game stats on maps but they do show an indication of times actually played, my thoughts are that there should be a panel that play the maps over a set time and after that they reduce the size of the list,

Then a new list is released and only those who actually made a map can vote but you can't vote on your own map (sure some might vote for a friends - there is no fool proof system)
When it gets down to the last 5 after votes by the map makers then Ubisoft playtests the crap out of them and places them 1-5 in order.

they can also shout out to any other maps and can also do their own list, best thing we can do is over the next month brain storm ideas with the Community Managers and tweek things and try it next time, if it doesn't work then tweek it further.

It is virtually impossible to have a 100% fair system, I myself will only vote on the maps which are my favorite - one week from now if I keep playing them that name might change, there are a lot and I have not even played them all yet.

These are supposed to be fun, I think communities having the power to vote will always be a little controversial it is rare there is a contest with no drama, on a plus side it shows people are passionate.

All maps are winners really and congrats to everyone who submitted one.

The way I see it I now have a lot of quality maps to play and know of new map builders whose names I didn't know a fortnight before so it's a winner for me this Map Jam.

akilyoung
08-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Thanks Steve. IMO there should have never been a public poll...

Should have been Ubi polls only.

Marstrekker
08-12-2017, 03:02 PM
My map also is not listed. Itīs MJ1 - Kill * Repent

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Currently I know of NO System that is fair with polls and voting, having been involved for years with different websites Far Cry related we kept changing the way things were done but there are always flaws.

It is what it is this time around, all we can do is congratulate those who come out on top, currently I have not yet voted because it is too difficult right now with the PS4 been very competitive so I want to play the maps some more.

With PC I am going to vote for GamePlay because there are other categories and Ubisoft will be looking at those, players choice in my opinion can be whatever the player likes so we vote for whichever map we want to.

I don't think it would be fair to go by just in game stats on maps but they do show an indication of times actually played, my thoughts are that there should be a panel that play the maps over a set time and after that they reduce the size of the list,

Then a new list is released and only those who actually made a map can vote but you can't vote on your own map (sure some might vote for a friends - there is no fool proof system)
When it gets down to the last 5 after votes by the map makers then Ubisoft playtests the crap out of them and places them 1-5 in order.

they can also shout out to any other maps and can also do their own list, best thing we can do is over the next month brain storm ideas with the Community Managers and tweek things and try it next time, if it doesn't work then tweek it further.

It is virtually impossible to have a 100% fair system, I myself will only vote on the maps which are my favorite - one week from now if I keep playing them that name might change, there are a lot and I have not even played them all yet.

These are supposed to be fun, I think communities having the power to vote will always be a little controversial it is rare there is a contest with no drama, on a plus side it shows people are passionate.

All maps are winners really and congrats to everyone who submitted one.

The way I see it I now have a lot of quality maps to play and know of new map builders whose names I didn't know a fortnight before so it's a winner for me this Map Jam.

I agree. There is no perfect solution. I appreciate the Community Developers having a contest. I hope they have more. It definitely brings awareness to the game and gets people making maps. All positives to me. Any voting system will bring controversy. I have seen controversy numerous times myself from past Far Crys. Though some ways could be seen as more fair.

Also we have to keep in mind Community Developers can only work with the tools they are giving. So I hope the map editing community understands that. Something that may seen fairly easy to do. May actually be a tremendous task.

Since there are more ways win. Which is great. I would hope this keeps the drama to a minimum.

Steve64b
08-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Anonymous users and proxy services make influencing polls trivial.

For technical 'fairness', it would help tremendously already if only actual Far Cry 4 players would be able to cast their vote. The uPlay account integration with this forum would make it possible to build a poll that can exclusively be voted on by people that actually have the game in their uPlay account library. Though that would cover the PC players for the most part, I don't know whether the console releases are also based on uPlay/an Ubi account that integrates into the forum.

Anyway, going by how Ubisoft technically manages this vBulletin board (spambot problems, mobile devices deleting posts (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1677585-mobile-forum-DELETES-posts-amp-requesting-youtube-video-embed-enhancement), developing such a poll themselves would probably be a Far Cry to wish for... ;))

And aside from the technical aspect, there'll always be the social aspect. People and maps with more coverage, will receive more votes. Votes are cast from people's subjective perspective.

Getting more maps published out there, around a similar theme, getting a 'competition' started between map makers is the real added value of a Map Jam. Along with stirring up dialog between map makers and players, thus creating a community. :)

Fallen-Champ
08-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Though that would cover the PC players for the most part, I don't know whether the console releases are also based on uPlay/an Ubi account that integrates into the forum.

Uplay is also on consoles, I think it's like an app that you download - this then gives you access to bonus weapons, artwork, music and also allows the game to track your stats on Uplay so it might work the same.

It does make a lot of sense to have only people who have the game to cast a vote that way you know there is a greater chance that they have played the map.
I see a Map Jam as more of a relaxed contest, we should just say which maps we like by who and give those builders some credit even if it's something small that stands out in their map.

There is another option that every single person who submits a map nominates a map from the platform they are on 1st 2nd 3rd (if they are on all platforms then they could do this for each platform)

But they are not allowed to nominate their own, then Ubisoft look at the ones with the most votes and they pick a winner from the top 3 on each platform.
It isn't fool proof because some friends will always vote for other friends.

When Kyle / Negrumir and some of the others did Monthly Themes at Battlemap there was never any drama, they were all friends and they simply voted for the best map and also played them together, the winners were always accepted because they were quality maps.

Ubi-Salvenius
08-12-2017, 06:21 PM
I'm all for discussion and certainly debate about the voting method but please do not attack, insult or otherwise flame others.

Personally I dislike public voting as I myself have had bad experiences (I used to work on a F2P shooter where we would run public votes and it didn't turn out so well...including forum polls due to the ability to easily make accounts)

As I have said before, we will be learning from this experience and looking into alternatives for future contests but with this contest we have had to make due with what we have and I do sincerely apologise for that.

As mentioned, there is no perfect system and social media is a constantly growing and evolving platform for getting things heard, which is why I am not chastising those that have used it to their advantage. I know this makes some of you frustrated and possibly angry but as long as we learn and try not to repeat the same mistake, then I think that in itself a victory....not only that but we want you to help us.

Again, we want to be fair and transparent and we would like for you to be part of that too.

Once I am back in the office Monday, I will certainly be hitting up some of these suggestions to see if we can use them, especially now that I know we have dedicated machines we can use to get into the games (Only problem with being the new guy, every day is a school day :))

ducain23
08-12-2017, 07:16 PM
I'm all for discussion and certainly debate about the voting method but please do not attack, insult or otherwise flame others.

Personally I dislike public voting as I myself have had bad experiences (I used to work on a F2P shooter where we would run public votes and it didn't turn out so well...including forum polls due to the ability to easily make accounts)

As I have said before, we will be learning from this experience and looking into alternatives for future contests but with this contest we have had to make due with what we have and I do sincerely apologise for that.

As mentioned, there is no perfect system and social media is a constantly growing and evolving platform for getting things heard, which is why I am not chastising those that have used it to their advantage. I know this makes some of you frustrated and possibly angry but as long as we learn and try not to repeat the same mistake, then I think that in itself a victory....not only that but we want you to help us.

Again, we want to be fair and transparent and we would like for you to be part of that too.

Once I am back in the office Monday, I will certainly be hitting up some of these suggestions to see if we can use them, especially now that I know we have dedicated machines we can use to get into the games (Only problem with being the new guy, every day is a school day :))

I personally think that there shouldn't be a community voting option in future contests. Even with all the other suggestions it can be extremely unfair.

Or people can just calm down and accept that any form of community voting will be bias no matter what. A lot of my followers watched the videos of the other maps and they like mine the best. Also I'm not the only one using followers or whatever to get some votes.... Montana fc5 by GSFILMs has jumped up 45 votes in the past 5 hours...lol

(15 min later) Now make that 50 votes

Gained another 30 votes in 2 hours and has tied me... yea... I'm not the only one guys...lol

impressionman76
08-12-2017, 08:46 PM
I am a bit concerned that someone is not playing fair in the voting. 'Hunting Country by ChefinMika' has the most votes right now, but I played it and it was pretty quickly made and not very fun to play. (Just my opinion). However, my concern is it has only 19 plays, no favorites and less then 1 star rating and yet somehow it is up to 23 votes!! How can this be? Something seems off about this. Can a monitor please check into this?

akilyoung
08-12-2017, 10:53 PM
I am a bit concerned that someone is not playing fair in the voting. 'Hunting Country by ChefinMika' has the most votes right now, but I played it and it was pretty quickly made and not very fun to play. (Just my opinion). However, my concern is it has only 19 plays, no favorites and less then 1 star rating and yet somehow it is up to 23 votes!! How can this be? Something seems off about this. Can a monitor please check into this?

Yes, this whole public poll is highly questionable. Some of the mapping veterans, who make great maps consistently, didnt have very good ratings.

None of this makes sense.

I think with some of these, some people might have logged into multiple devices, and maybe had friends help vote for their maps, but like you, this is my opinion.

This is why the maps should have only been rated by Ubi.

When we have map making competitions at battlemap, we always judge them ourselves, and its rarely an issue.

ducain23
08-12-2017, 10:59 PM
I personally think people are taking this WAY too seriously. There are 6 other possible contests winners were the devs judge. So why is it so bad that 2 are community vote?

I just think people are upset about this a bit too much...lol

One guy just jumped 80 votes in the past 12 hours. Yea I'm not the only one that is posting it around...haha

DapperHayden007
08-12-2017, 11:06 PM
I know yall are talking about me...lol

I understand your frustration but let me explain myself and why the other ways yall mentioned have issues too.

1) If you have a poll on this forum, then new people that check out the maps and want to vote have to take the time to sign up and a lot of people don't want to that. Also, some (remember I said some) people here in the forums that have interacted for years will vote for each other and not a new person.

2) If there is a vote in the forums... it is a terrible idea to say "You have to have so many posts before you can vote"... That means I wouldn't even be able to vote even though I made a map.

3) Have yall even looked at my map? You are acting like my map is terrible and im just winning because of my followers. I personally think my map is the best (especially the best remake of the Far Cry 5 Trailer) and many people that don't follow me agree. I put about 20-30 hours into my map and it is extremely close to the trailer. I worked hard too.

4) You know EVERYONE would post the contest link on their social media if they had a bunch of followers.

5) You forget that there are multiple categories you can win in. | Best Level Design - Best Graphics - Best Gameplay - Players Choice | So if you have an incredible map... then you can win any of those categories.

6) This is not how you make someone feel welcomed in the Far Cry Community. I just joined because I'm known in the Halo Forge community and I wanted to try my hand in Far Cry.

After reading all this salt in this forum over me winning in the polls right now... I would rather the Far Cry Devs just take my map out of the "Players Choice" poll. Why? Because I believe my map is good enough to win one of the other categories.

I may sound conceded right now, but I'm just a tad disappointed that the only reason why yall think I am winning is because of my followers. Have yall ever thought that they voted for me because they believe my maps is the best? I even wrote in my first tweet "If you have seen my Far Cry map and think it should win... Please vote for my map" and then with the new poll... all I wrote was "They reset the voting contest. So if you voted for my Far Cry map... please vote for it again"

Never once did I say "Go vote for my map without looking at anyone elses!"... I specifically said if you think I should win... please vote for my map.

LINK to both twitter posts. (http://imgur.com/a/Ta4MD)

P.S. If you do the "If we are limited to a 10 choice limit poll in this forum, just take the top ten from the Browser as finalist to get on the poll list. Then use Hayden's idea with at least a 10 post minimum to vote." type of voting... then immediately I would lose because people would be upset at me about asking followers to vote for me if they liked my map... the "more veteran" forum people would be upset about that (like yall right now) and not vote for me even if my map deserved it.

And again... I wouldn't even be able to vote even though I would have a map in the contest...kinda messed up

So I'm not joking... please Devs remove my map from the community voting. I believe I can win one of the other categories :)

Remember... the title of the voting says "Which is your favourite PC Map Jam entry?"... yall are just assuming that everyone that voted for me doesn't look at any of the other ones. Don't assume things when I've had probably over 20 messages saying that my map was incredible. Maybe people actually believe that my map is their favorite and that is why they voted for it :)

Let me just clear a few things up before you start posting things about my opinion on twitter..

I did NOT say anything about your map not deserving the winning votes at all, I was just stating that the system is flawed, it always will be, I honestly don't care if I don't win, I rushed a map out myself for the fun of the competition, I enjoyed making something I was asked to make.

I don't exactly need to "win any competitions" to know that I can make a map, I can.. However, I am not saying I am the "Best map maker" which to make a point, saying that you think your map is the best is not exactly the best way to introduce yourself onto a creativity forum. There Is No Best Map Maker

Everyone has their own map making style and speciality, you might be good at remaking a location, but I couldn't cope with all the flashing on your map, I am not degrading it at all, just providing my opinion.

I don't appreciate being posted about on twitter because I had an opinion on the system they use, which did not state anything about your map

I've been on these forums for years, and I've seen all this before, no need to make an argument about something that doesn't concern you in the first place, I was just merely suggesting my idea for the voting system

ducain23
08-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Let me just clear a few things up before you start posting things about my opinion on twitter..

I did NOT say anything about your map not deserving the winning votes at all, I was just stating that the system is flawed, it always will be, I honestly don't care if I don't win, I rushed a map out myself for the fun of the competition, I enjoyed making something I was asked to make.

I don't exactly need to "win any competitions" to know that I can make a map, I can.. However, I am not saying I am the "Best map maker" which to make a point, saying that you think your map is the best is not exactly the best way to introduce yourself onto a creativity forum. There Is No Best Map Maker

Everyone has their own map making style and speciality, you might be good at remaking a location, but I couldn't cope with all the flashing on your map, I am not degrading it at all, just providing my opinion.

I don't appreciate being posted about on twitter because I had an opinion on the system they use, which did not state anything about your map

I've been on these forums for years, and I've seen all this before, no need to make an argument about something that doesn't concern you in the first place, I was just merely suggesting my idea for the voting system

First of all I never said "I was the best map maker"... I said I personally believe my map is the best (my map). There is nothing wrong about believing that.

Second... I wasn't specifically talking about you. MrCrackDonut DID specifically call me out by saying "At the moment medium popular youtuber/streamer have the most votes, cuz of their viewers/followers." That is why I made that post.

So don't say "it doesn't concern you in the first place" when this whole thing was started because of me.

On another note... what "flashing" on the map? The only spot I noticed flashing was on top of the water tower (forgot to fix that before the end date)

MrCrackDonut
08-12-2017, 11:26 PM
First I need to make clear, that I used the editor for the first time to be part of this contest.
We all know that the public poll isn't the best solution for the Player's Choice Award but Salvenius has promised improvements for the next Map Jam.
I really had fun working on my map the last days and still will be proud of it even if I don't win in any category.
And I knew before that my chance is lower compared to the "professional" mappers who have been shaping this community for years.
Thanks Ubisoft for making this contest possible! I'll probably try my luck on the next contest and collect a few ideas until then :rolleyes:

PS: We all have one thing in common: We can't wait for Far Cry 5 :D

ducain23
08-12-2017, 11:33 PM
First I need to make clear, that I used the editor for the first time to be part of this contest.
We all know that the public poll isn't the best solution for the Player's Choice Award but Salvenius has promised improvements for the next Map Jam.
I really had fun working on my map the last days and still will be proud of it even if I don't win in any category.
And I knew before that my chance is lower compared to the "professional" mappers who have been shaping this community for years.
Thanks Ubisoft for making this contest possible! I'll probably try my luck on the next contest and collect a few ideas until then :rolleyes:

PS: We all have one thing in common: We can't wait for Far Cry 5 :D

Let me also explain that I'm not mad... I was just explaining that I am the cause of this debate...lol

Personally, I don't understand why people are so upset though. There are 6 other contest besides the 2 community vote ones... people are getting way to worked up about this...lol

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-12-2017, 11:54 PM
I just played your map. As I said before its a good map. For me its a close second to my map. You are missing a lot of the elements from the Far Cry 5 Demo. So my map is a lot more accurate. I have the mounted gun placement that you are missing. I have the flat roof top with the mounted gun. I have the bridge. You are missing that. My water tower is better. I do like your church but in the demo you don't cant exit the church in the back .Your church is closed off. I even made the bus you walk through. I did not mention this because its not even in the contest. I do have a version of it in the contest. This was all done on a console and to boot its challenging. So the quality of my video is hurt by the consoles resolution.. I would say your video is top notch so you definitely win there. Its good to be proud of your work and I hope to see more from you Ducain. I would say your video is the winner.... Stay tuned to my Channel to see the PC version. I also extend a challenge that my PC version will blow yours out the water.. You can even fix up your Flashies. Also add the other items you are missing from the Demo. Here is my video from the console version

https://youtu.be/p7YoDcalWaQ.

impressionman76
08-12-2017, 11:56 PM
Sounds like a 'how many friends can I get to vote for my map' contest then. I am not going lose sleep over it, but many mappers spent 20+ hours on their maps, it is frustrating that low effort, low rated maps win the votes because that user is voting multiple times and got all his facebook friends to blindly vote for him. Not a fair way to go. Just a concern, I want to know that that user is not cheating his win. Sound reasonable?

impressionman76
08-13-2017, 12:03 AM
Just to clear Hunting Country on PS4 is the lowest rated map among all the MJ1 map entries. So my friends and I are puzzled to see it at 23 votes! It is at 19 plays. Seems fishy to me.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-13-2017, 12:11 AM
Of Course if you except this challenge, Its all for fun Ducain.

ducain23
08-13-2017, 12:14 AM
I just played your map. As I said before its a good map. For me its a close second to my map. You are missing a lot of the elements from the Far Cry 5 Demo. So my map is a lot more accurate. I have the mounted gun placement that you are missing. I have the flat roof top with the mounted gun. I have the bridge. You are missing that. My water tower is better. I do like your church but in the demo you don't cant exit the church in the back .Your church is closed off. I even made the bus you walk through. I did not mention this because its not even in the contest. I do have a version of it in the contest. This was all done on a console and to boot its challenging. So the quality of my video is hurt by the consoles resolution.. I would say your video is top notch so you definitely win there. Its good to be proud of your work and I hope to see more from you Ducain. I would say your video is the winner.... Stay tuned to my Channel to see the PC version. I also extend a challenge that my PC version will blow yours out the water.. You can even fix up your Flashies. Also add the other items you are missing from the Demo. Here is my video from the console version

https://youtu.be/p7YoDcalWaQ.

Haven't you played Far Cry 5? So there are things that you know is there that I don't. I never new the church was open and what bridge are you talking about? I have seen your video and ran around on your map too... there are some things better but I also think a lot of vegitation is out of place or not there. I also included the bridge that has the eagle on it from the trailer.

My point is I tried making everything from the trailer and I haven't played the game yet. You have played it and can put more into it since you know what is there...lol

and I accept this challeng too... I know it is all fun and I enjoy critisism because it can make my map better overall. Also I'm a complete noob when it comes to the Far Cry 5 editor so critisism is good...haha :)

impressionman76
08-13-2017, 12:16 AM
I just saw your video of your map ducain23. It looks like a good offering and seems great for your first map. Way higher effort then Hunting Country, and I can see why some folks would vote for it.

ducain23
08-13-2017, 12:23 AM
I just saw your video of your map ducain23. It looks like a good offering and seems great for your first map. Way higher effort then Hunting Country, and I can see why some folks would vote for it.

Thanks!

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-13-2017, 12:25 AM
Haven't you played Far Cry 5? So there are things that you know is there that I don't. I never new the church was open and what bridge are you talking about? I have seen your video and ran around on your map too... there are some things better but I also think a lot of vegitation is out of place or not there. I also included the bridge that has the eagle on it from the trailer.

My point is I tried making everything from the trailer and I haven't played the game yet. You have played it and can put more into it since you know what is there...lol

and I accept this challeng too... I know it is all fun and I enjoy critisism because it can make my map better overall. Also I'm a complete noob when it comes to the Far Cry 5 editor so critisism is good...haha :)

Its true I did get to play the demo..If you saw enough videos you would see everything to make a more accurate representation. Here is a video that has what you are missing.

https://youtu.be/rwZLAl6qjvc

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
08-13-2017, 12:26 AM
Well I think it's safe to say this public poll was a HUGE uncontroversial success

ducain23
08-13-2017, 12:43 AM
Its true I did get to play the demo..If you saw enough videos you would see everything to make a more accurate representation. Here is a video that has what you are missing.

https://youtu.be/rwZLAl6qjvc

Ahhh didn't see that one

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-13-2017, 01:39 AM
Ahhh didn't see that one

Ok so the challenge is, who has the best map overall on PC. Between us or maybe some others want in. The map will be inspired by Far Cry 5 demo and will be judged by the in-game rating system. It will have to be published by Sunday August 20th midnight eastern time. After 7 days We can see which map faired the best. You can promote your map anyway you like.. YouTube, twitter, etc. with 45k followers/subs you should sweep it. There are no rules other than what has been written. You can make your map invincible, use any mode, or mods, even take some liberties as to what it may look like outside the demo area.

ducain23
08-13-2017, 02:54 AM
Ok so the challenge is, who has the best map overall on PC. Between us or maybe some others want in. The map will be inspired by Far Cry 5 demo and will be judged by the in-game rating system. It will have to be published by Sunday August 20th midnight eastern time. After 7 days We can see which map faired the best. You can promote your map anyway you like.. YouTube, twitter, etc. with 45k followers/subs you should sweep it. There are no rules other than what has been written. You can make your map invincible, use any mode, or mods, even take some liberties as to what it may look like outside the demo area.

Well if you can use mods... then I need to figure out how to use them or where to find them...haha

S0GGY.
08-13-2017, 04:06 AM
Oh man, a sub-map making challenge spawned from a map making challenge, that's pretty meta

DapperHayden007
08-13-2017, 12:17 PM
First of all I never said "I was the best map maker"... I said I personally believe my map is the best (my map). There is nothing wrong about believing that.

Second... I wasn't specifically talking about you. MrCrackDonut DID specifically call me out by saying "At the moment medium popular youtuber/streamer have the most votes, cuz of their viewers/followers." That is why I made that post.

So don't say "it doesn't concern you in the first place" when this whole thing was started because of me.

On another note... what "flashing" on the map? The only spot I noticed flashing was on top of the water tower (forgot to fix that before the end date)

Like I said I'm not on the offensive, I just don't think it's ideal to start trash talking our community on twitter because we had an opinion that you didn't like.

It's quite right though, not everyone who has voted for your map has played it, which is not fair and not a real representation of the actual competition, the idea behind it is to get more people to play custom maps, not to go onto social media saying to all your friends and followers to vote for your map. If that's the case, Pewdiepie/Jacksepticeye ect would enter all of these types of competitions just to get guaranteed free stuff.

I'm not putting the blame for that directly onto you though, I'm putting the blame really on the way the voting is. There's never going to be a foolproof system, however there is a few better alternatives to this.

Personally, I'd have chosen your map to be in the top 10 for the voting, if there was a better system in place.

Ubi-Salvenius
08-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Oh man, a sub-map making challenge spawned from a map making challenge, that's pretty meta

https://i.giphy.com/media/adikIKGu30u6A/giphy.webp

Fallen-Champ
08-13-2017, 03:35 PM
So on a positive point I am looking at a lot of these MJ1 Maps and so far every single one has more times played than my favorite 2 maps from my own builds which I made on PS4 and both of them possibly took 25 hours plus so that is good news.

The map I made was under my old account name because I didn't want anyone complaining and the good news was last time I looked it didn't have one single vote :) I would put it maybe hovering around 20th place from the PS4 maps.

I also found some excellent map makers who's names I didn't know & some who's names I had seen but hadn't checked out their work - Cupcakegalaxy is now on the radar in a big way for me on PS4 so will be watching out for any FC5 maps he makes when that game ships next year.

Still trying to do videos, have less than a handful left for PS4 and PC combined now then maybe 10 - 15 for XB1 then I am going to go get drunk somewhere.
Last night Kemet Nubia invited me into his Stream on PS4 and we went through about 9 MJ1 maps picking out some which should be hovering around No.1 - No.15 spots IMO had an absolute blast in coop there are some excellent maps.

impressionman76
08-14-2017, 12:48 AM
Hunting Country is up to 125 votes, a wild increase over the last few hours from 30. This is more votes then its ps4 map plays and video plays combined. So I looked up 'how to cheat straw poll' on youtube. I found a long list of instructional videos on how to do this. Here is one that looked pretty easy to do.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCOQaHNeDcc there simply is no other way that many votes could suddenly come in unless this person is using this method for voting multiple times in this contest. Cheating! This behavior is sad and a slap in the face to everyone else who has entered their map hoping that their hard work will win over the most players.. Please monitors investigate this, because otherwise the lowest rated MJ1 map will win unfairly. Thanks.

Eludreaxx
08-14-2017, 01:26 AM
Hunting Country is up to 125 votes, a wild increase over the last few hours from 30. This is more votes then its ps4 map plays and video plays combined. So I looked up 'how to cheat straw poll' on youtube. I found a long list of instructional videos on how to do this. Here is one that looked pretty easy to do.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCOQaHNeDcc there simply is no other way that many votes could suddenly come in unless this person is using this method for voting multiple times in this contest. Cheating! This behavior is sad and a slap in the face to everyone else who has entered their map hoping that their hard work will win over the most players.. Please monitors investigate this, because otherwise the lowest rated MJ1 map will win unfairly. Thanks.

Her mom asked in a diet community to vote for her. The post has about 70 answers. This is why she has so many votes actually

impressionman76
08-14-2017, 01:53 AM
Assuming I believe you, can you please prove it? Even if this is true, a 'diet community' would have not played her map or any of the other maps thus not voting in the spirit of the contest. This is a contest breaking problem either way. At best it is contest of who has the most friends to blindly vote for your map at worst it is users hacking and abusing the voting system. I appreciate Ubisoft for holding a map contest, but this proves that the peoples choice is NOT a fair way to hold a map contest. For future contests I would recommend ditching the people's choice contest part.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
08-14-2017, 04:49 AM
this thread is getting more heated then a moltav to an open field in FC2

AW LOST SOLDIER
08-14-2017, 09:15 AM
It's better to make mistakes now with this contest, rather than it happening in fc5 contests. this exercise was proof positive that public voting is a NO NO. these voting flaws will lead to a much more robust contest system for fc5. imo the only people judging maps for any official contest should be ubisoft far cry 5 dev team. we live and learn, as they say.

ducain23
08-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Like I said I'm not on the offensive, I just don't think it's ideal to start trash talking our community on twitter because we had an opinion that you didn't like.

It's quite right though, not everyone who has voted for your map has played it, which is not fair and not a real representation of the actual competition, the idea behind it is to get more people to play custom maps, not to go onto social media saying to all your friends and followers to vote for your map. If that's the case, Pewdiepie/Jacksepticeye ect would enter all of these types of competitions just to get guaranteed free stuff.

I'm not putting the blame for that directly onto you though, I'm putting the blame really on the way the voting is. There's never going to be a foolproof system, however there is a few better alternatives to this.

Personally, I'd have chosen your map to be in the top 10 for the voting, if there was a better system in place.

I don't think it's ideal to start trash talking a new community member about posting on social media about his map because the contest isn't perfect. Also please don't act like some of yall weren't irritated at me for doing it or anything. I came onto the forums and immediately felt unwelcome and attacked because some of yall were complaining about me posting on social media. If you have a problem with the way the voting is... don't specifically mention people who are winning and you could just PM the devs directly talking about ways not to do this.

Also when did I "trash talk"... I just said yall were salty that I was winning and posted on social media (which was true). Are yall complaining about anyone else like the GSFilms guy... nope... he jumped like 100 votes in 24 hours or so. All yall did was specifically target me.

So don't talk to me about the community when yall disrespected me for posting my map from the start.

ducain23
08-14-2017, 10:58 AM
I'm still amazed that so many of yall are still complaining about the community poll. The devs know not to do it anymore. Also, many of yall are acting like this is the only way you can win... if your map is good enough then there are still 3 other categories(depending if PC or Console) that the devs will judge. Stop worrying about this community vote now... there is ZERO reason to keep this going.

Community vote will ALWAYS be bias no matter what you do (strawpoll, forums or whatever)... so just drop the whole thing now. No reason to keep on about it...lol

Ubi-Salvenius
08-14-2017, 03:47 PM
It's better to make mistakes now with this contest, rather than it happening in fc5 contests. this exercise was proof positive that public voting is a NO NO. these voting flaws will lead to a much more robust contest system for fc5. imo the only people judging maps for any official contest should be ubisoft far cry 5 dev team. we live and learn, as they say.

This a thousand times over.

You will quickly realise with myself (and I am sure it's the same with the others in the Community Team) that I would rather try and fail, than not try at all.

Our main focus is attempting to make a contest fun while regaining interaction and stirring activity within the community. I like to think that has been achieved and it's been great to see you folks jump in and even see people that have never tried map making start to dive into the world of map building.

The one thing I do want to make clear is that we can't improve without you (And no doubt you will get sick of me saying that but it's true)...of course we won't be able to foolproof and prevent everything that could go wrong but we sure as will try our best.

The thing is with contests, even those that are not public votes, they will get heated and they are opinionated. One thing that someone loves, is another that some doesn't but that is where we rely on you. As mentioned before, we can't stop someone from using social media or telling their friends and family just as it is a double edged sword where we tweet out our contest with a link to a poll but we will look into refining the process

We won't say goodbye to public voting yet, rather we would prefer to explore all avenues before calling it quits because at the end of the day, we don't want to isolate voices.

However just to reiterate and clarify just in case some people fear that this is it. It isn't....we still have 3 categories (level design, graphics and gameplay) which are split into the two platform categories (PC and Console)...so all is not lost and even then, your entry into the contest will still be there for people to play and enjoy.

As Anorexic_Buddah mentioned, if anything this has highlighted new names within the map making community to keep an eye upon, it has also exposed the amazing and crazy talents of map makers and not only that but awakened the veterans and even brought other map makers over to play in our world...that in itself to me is a great reward.

Overall, we will take the hit on the chin with this Map Jam, go back to the drawing board and look at what we can do different, all we ask for you to do is give those that entered kudos for creating some amazing entries and hype them up to give them inspiration for when they get their hands on the FC5 Map Editor...because I sense there will already be some wild and jaw dropping creations.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Step-Brothers-Did-we-just-become-best-friends.gif

impressionman76
08-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Thanks again for trying this out. I have no hard feeling towards UBISOFT, you can't win them all. This contest was great idea and brought many mappers from the woodworks. I just wanted to point out some unfair concerns just in case their was good solution. Posting all over social media is not against the rules, but it is against the spirit of the contest. By getting your friends to blindly vote for you, you will never know how many real players who played your map actually think it is the best. You may have won a coffee cup but you did not actually win the most legitimate player votes and in that sense you just cheated yourself. I did not post anywhere so the votes I got were all from players actually voting for my map first and that is worth more then a coffee mug. I have too many of those anyway! lol Anyway, Look forward to the other category winners! Thanks Ubisoft for your efforts.

Canadian Beer42
08-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Her mom asked in a diet community to vote for her. The post has about 70 answers. This is why she has so many votes actually

Damn, wish I had that many friends. Feel like there should be multiple winners, cuz you can't be too sure on who is actually winning. Like up to 5th place? There's so many entries, seems to make sense.

Canadian Beer42
08-14-2017, 04:24 PM
Just adding a new video - Should be done soon, I took down the previous map as I thought the newer one was an updated version but with a different name ?

Oh haha, I was talking about when they only put 13 maps into the straw poll.

impressionman76
08-14-2017, 04:36 PM
Looking on the poll results you can easily tell who used other means to get votes and who went with spirit of the contest. The real winners are the 3 place entries on both console and PC. I am a bit below that, but that is just fine. My congrats to the 3rd place winners, the true people's choice!

ducain23
08-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Looking on the poll results you can easily tell who used other means to get votes and who went with spirit of the contest. The real winners are the 3 place entries on both console and PC. I am a bit below that, but that is just fine. My congrats to the 3rd place winners, the true people's choice!

Not necessarily... I still gained 25 votes after I deleted all posts to the voting. So I would still be in second.

impressionman76
08-14-2017, 07:37 PM
Those 25 votes could have easily been from people who saw your post and went on to just vote for your map later. By posting on social media, you cheated yourself out of knowing for sure how many actual players played and voted for your map as their pick over the others.. I thought your map was solid entry but not my choice for top 3.

ducain23
08-15-2017, 02:38 AM
Those 25 votes could have easily been from people who saw your post and went on to just vote for your map later. By posting on social media, you cheated yourself out of knowing for sure how many actual players played and voted for your map as their pick over the others.. I thought your map was solid entry but not my choice for top 3.

So you're telling me people saw my post... went to the link and bookmarked it... and then sometime later decided to vote? Yeah no... if someone will click on the link... they will just vote right then since it is one more click.

Which actually I now have over 30 votes after I deleted everything. I get you don't think my map should be the top 3... but that doesn't mean other people don't.

impressionman76
08-15-2017, 05:07 AM
Sigh... you are missing my point completely. Once you involved social media then it becomes impossible to know for sure where the votes came from, rather they actually played the other entries or not, or just there to leave you a vote. Probably some of those votes are real players, how many? You say 30, I have to take your word for it. But unless you can track each vote to the source non of us will know for sure now.. I will say again your map was good, it is a solid entry, and it deserves some votes. My point was more aimed at Hunting Country at 180 votes and only 19 plays and 1 star rating on PS4. It is a shame social media was used by you and a few other users, makes this contest void to me. It must be most frustrating for the mappers who got the most votes by not involving social media. My suggestions to Ubisoft if they decide to hold another people's choice contest: A voter must have of a Xbox or PSN account to vote for the consoles. (There are still ways people could work around this, but it would prevent a bunch of people from a 'diet club' blindly voting for one person. still see no proof of that) I would separate the consoles as well. Have only 1 entry per person. Does anyone else have an opinion on the matter? Now I am done discussing this. Best of luck to everyone on the other parts of the contest. That will be the real tell.

Steve64b
08-16-2017, 01:45 AM
Exposure-wise, perhaps Map Jam entries would qualify to be in a dedicated ('featured map') section of the game.

That way, the incentive for participating in the Map Jam is exposure (being on the 'currently featured' list) ingame, rather than a 'prize'.

impressionman76
08-16-2017, 01:50 AM
I think that is a really good idea Steve!

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
08-16-2017, 04:19 AM
Oh my god Ducain, know when to drop an argument

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
08-16-2017, 04:25 AM
All this arguing over a public poll for a small video game contest that (let's be honest is lacking the actual prize any of us would really care for) is completely meaningless

Newcomer-who-is-well-known-in-another-community came in and was aided in the polls by his popularity, whilst smaller regulars feel a disturbance. This argument is as cliche as a early 90's rom-com. The community managers have commented on it and learned from it, and any further talk of it is just immature, boredom-driven gibberish from both sides. Have a snickers, shut up, and go make more maps.

... luv u all... <3..

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
08-16-2017, 04:31 AM
I purposefully have distanced myself from the Halo community recently (a community that, for those of you who don't know, is quite passionate and nostalgic, albeit also angry and toxic) to get away from this kind of drama

Canadian Beer42
08-16-2017, 06:43 PM
When will the winners from all of the contests be announced?

Ubi-Salvenius
08-17-2017, 11:02 AM
When will the winners from all of the contests be announced?

Winners will be announced tomorrow (Friday), seems the devs have had such a tough choice that they need the extra time to play and debate the maps some more ;)

On top of this, they will also be playing some of the maps during an upcoming livestream, more info on this later.

Also to note, they've already had some input regarding changes to future events, again more info on this later.

https://media.giphy.com/media/WlDrvlopAKfYc/giphy.gif

ducain23
08-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Can't wait to see the results! Also I'm dying to see Far Cry 5 editor footage... please give us some...haha

Restylex.
08-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Thank you for letting us know ! :D

Enjoy the maps ! Especially MJ1- Creeper county. Map based on the movie "Jeeper Creeper" . Couldn't put the movie sound to my clip do author claim :(. Play and don't forget to play the movie sound on the background when you see the church ; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Obv-a0M7F4 i've your gonna stream it !

ok enough self- promotion ;) Sorry for that:D, i'm just thrilled !

psn : Restylex

Tube page : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMskwGXcaU706N9HOX031Q

Fallen-Champ
08-17-2017, 01:35 PM
Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the results and as for playing some of the maps on a livestream that is brilliant news, finally map makers are getting some attention, 6 months before FC5 and you guys have interacted more with us than the last 4 Far Cry games put together.

As for future things just knowing that your prepared to look at making things work better and are listening to community input shows already things have changed, finally it appears that Far Cry has turned a circle - even if it was a titanic like circle it feels like we are been listened to so thanks for that.

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Here are the 6 top rated xboxone maps. These maps have been rated by the map editors and players of the game. The rating system does have flaws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHoE0N0wsXs&t=2s

Here are the 6 top rated PC maps. These maps have been rated by the map editors and players of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olD0DMzf5Ng&t=67s

Thanks for having this Map Jam.

Fallen-Champ
08-17-2017, 03:54 PM
I think these could be my Top 5 from the XB1 maps but I would have to play them all a lot more to decide on actual placings, I still like Saving Hope a lot even though I preferred the start spawn location on Far Cry 5 Demo.

Have to say unsorted guy's map was quite creative and as for Secret Depot it had a nice natural look and made you work for weapons and ammo.

Love the design of Home Run but would have liked more time to admire the map thinking Outpost / Extraction would have been better with more of a stealth type play - again very creative map.

And still love those fish jumping out of the water in Far Cry 5 Hope.

MJ1-Saving Hope by ImGonaG3tUsucka
Secret Depot by Malfetron
Home Run 2.0 by CommanderColson
MJ1 - Far Cry 5 Hope by Punish69th
Non Believer by unsorted guy

ImGonaG3tUsucka
08-18-2017, 02:29 PM
I know on consoles the rating system in the game does not necessary reflect how good the map is. I have a lot of time restraints with work, and at home. So I thought would just use the voting system. I would never have enough time to play through all the maps. Luckily all of the top maps have been very fun to play and most maps have been well made.

I will definitely take a look at the maps you mentioned.

TRASH85
08-24-2017, 02:05 AM
please god tell me we are not giving ubi the idea that sandbox games are what we map makers want !! the contest was nice and all but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong aren't we trying to make a better multiplayer ? im sure I'll get alot of greef 4 this but we have a mission. people map editor multiplayer lets not lose site of the big picture here !! this hole contest should have been done on fc2 or fc3 ( or that fcI i never played ) you remember......... THE ONES WITH MULTIPLAYER. IN THEM!!!!!!

DapperHayden007
08-24-2017, 08:19 AM
please god tell me we are not giving ubi the idea that sandbox games are what we map makers want !! the contest was nice and all but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong aren't we trying to make a better multiplayer ? im sure I'll get alot of greef 4 this but we have a mission. people map editor multiplayer lets not lose site of the big picture here !! this hole contest should have been done on fc2 or fc3 ( or that fcI i never played ) you remember......... THE ONES WITH MULTIPLAYER. IN THEM!!!!!!

You can make Multiplayer maps in Far Cry 5, it's confirmed.
On that note, Ubisoft seem to have pulled a 180 and I like where it seems to be going