PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den August 10th

CandleInTheDark
08-09-2017, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP_1Y-3rwzU

Ravens caw as the longboats hit the shore, scraping swords cast sparks upon the cold blood soaked floor.

Cheers still echo in the ears of one whose eyes are long past dead, he brings swagger to this war of dread.

Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! Is this not why you are here?

We are Warriors, this is our Den.

This in from his Popeness, Eric of Redditland.

Hey all,
I've gotten a lot of questions this week about whether or not we're doing a stream. In fact WE ARE! And it should be a real doozy too, a good one :)
On the show:
New Content of the Week
Full Hero Trailer Premieres (Highlander + Gladiator)
Map Flythrough Video Premieres (The Sentinel and the Viking Village)
New Heroes Art Deep Dive (in the game build, not concept art!)
New Maps Art Deep Dive (also in the game build!)
A look at new Season 3 Gear (also also in the build!)
What we won't be doing on the show is the Roman-style walkthrough of each Hero's movesets and fighting abilities. This should happen on our big Hero Series Finals stream this Saturday, August 12!
Also, Roman + Damien are not with us again this week, so no Q&A.
Also also, we're hoping to have our full 22 PAGE Season 3 Patch Notes up tomorrow on forhonorgame.com! It's too big to do on Reddit, eep!
Also also also, we'll be doing a Seamless Maintenance on Console (XB1+PS4) tomorrow morning to add the Reputation Matchmaking which was added to PC back at the end of June.

A little on Saturday and next Thursday before we start, Saturday's premiere starts at 11 am pacific and ends at 8, honestly it ends near dawn for me in England and is nine hours, so I am going to start a thread and people can drop news they hear in one place which I will edit into the top post. Next thursday I have another dentist appointment, it is longer and I will have all the fun of a numb face so I am less likely to be home in time for that than I was for this one, again I will put the thread up Wednesday night as soon as Eric has his blurb for it up on reddit.

Pope is in a kilt! The reddit petition worked lol.

News of the week: This saturday is the pre season premeire stream. It's going to be in LA at 11AM pacific. It finishes at 4 am for me though so what I am going to do is I will start a thread, if anyone wants to drop news they hear on it, I will edit it into the top post. At the stream, Cartoonz and Anthony Kongphan will be against Tru3Ta1ent and Teawrex and Bajheera and Tangent will be taking on Daithi and Sacriel, these will be showing off season 3 stuff while obviously the Hero Series folk, including Sypher, will be on the current live build.

It is a free to play weekend on all platforms. At 3.30 pm eastern tomorrow, the devs will be around on the PC platform in Ubi branded armour.

They will be doing one of their Dens from Pax West in September.

New content of the week, mythic outfits.

They have the arty folk in for talk on the heroes and maps. Full hero and map trailers.

Highlander (21:20)
They have been working on the Highlander since before release and have sketches as long as four years back. They wanted to bring in a new flavour for the viking. They say in the trailer that the Highlanders are allies and uneasy ones at that, of the vikings. Their different sets have different faces, they had made the decision on faceplates and coverings because they were not sure they could do this on time and pass quality assurance, with the DLCs they learned a lot about the process and the time they spend on each asset and they made this call with the Highlander. They used actors and movies that would fit as inspiration. Some of the ornaments for the Highlander look legitimately cool. Those swords...this is a well put together character.

Gladiator (36:40)
I really like the look of the gladiator, I fully expect them to be showy a**holes, they are built up as people who ran out of challenges in the arena. They answered the question over why two Roman warriors, they liked the two different warrior types, the battlefield soldiers and the the showboat gladiators, they really wanted two distinctive characters to fit. The weapons and ornaments again look pretty hardcore, there is a lot of variety there all in all. I want that skull faceplate >.> They made the point that in the Gladiator movie you saw Maximus in both roles, that was kind of what they wanted, one fights to entertain and is a showboat, one fights to win.

The maps

The Sentinel (49:52)
The sentinel is a fortress on a hill with a watchtower. Half of the map was a tournament map four years ago when they were playing around with things,. In the towers they have ballistas, they want feedback on this since this is something new they are trying. There are ballistas in each tower, people are going to get stabbed in the back if they get tunnel vision on these things. It is two large towers a way away from each other and the soldier zone. I can see mayhem if one team have both towers. In this map they have a special area for duels that can't be accessed in dominion, so there are places actually designed with 1v1 in mind, they will be trying to add some of these in upcoming maps.

The Viking Village (58:06)
For the viking maps they had to take more creative license with the maps, for knights, castles were iconic, samurai there was a lot of material on how they lived, so they sort of had to imagine a bit more for the vikings.The Viking village looks very much like it is a harbour village, there are bridges over water, it has a fortified pirate cove feel.They have a lot of navigation possibilities and paths which might well split groups unless they are completely dedicated to the murderball route. There is a whole indoor area viking hall kind of thing. There is a mechanism that releases a giant spiked barrel from an alley all the way to the docks, again, feedback people. In my opinion, they really have excelled with these maps, a notch up from the last two and they were amazing though according to the patch ntoes the viking one is not available in dominion.

They did a community corner and that is a wrap. Next saturday, nine hours of streaming and new content including hero styles and movesets.

bmason1000
08-09-2017, 10:48 PM
Thanks in advance bud! Can't wait.

Moondyne_MC
08-09-2017, 11:48 PM
Come ooooooon baby, waiting on them sweet hero trailers.

CheekyKemosabe
08-10-2017, 06:55 AM
If there's not at least a single moment in the trailers where Highlander looks over the battlefield and stroke his glorious beard I will be disappointed

matt89connor
08-10-2017, 07:23 AM
what do you think about parry? after the PTR your idea change or remain the same

RatedChaotic
08-10-2017, 04:35 PM
I hope they give us more information on the dedicated servers. My son and I have been trying to do partied games for a long time. Its either our party gets disbanded or some tool quits during the match and screws up everything. This is the only game we get disbanded on. Figures.

After a few disbands and/or game crashes we usually go to ESO or BF4 or something else that we can actually play and not have one interuption.

So you had underage players that qualified for the LA trip? Looks like some players got screwed. I was going to enter my boy but he was underage. Yet there was some anyway....#rigged

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 06:20 PM
That's a wrap, I timestamped when they showed the opening trailer for the heroes and the maps. They take a good look at them on an in game environment rather than on a powerpoint. As I said in the recap, I will start a thread on saturday, I will put in the video if there is a youtube one (I expect this to disappear as the season 2 premiere one did after mind, so it will be a twitch link after it finishes) and I will edit in any news that people drop in a comment throughout the stream as well as anything I hear. I kind of wanted to cover it all as I do the Dens but given it is nine hours and finishes at 4am for me I can in no way promise to watch it all, even the day after.

Knight_Raime
08-10-2017, 08:06 PM
appreciate the work as always candle. good luck with your stuff on saturday~

Vakris_One
08-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Oh God no! Why the kilt? No God, why!? Why God? No, no, no! Aaaahhhh!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6DXoNKITc

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Oh God no! Why the kilt? No God, why!? Why God? No, no, no! Aaaahhhh!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6DXoNKITc

Reddit started a petition the moment they said he wasn't wearing one.

Vakris_One
08-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Reddit started a petition the moment they said he wasn't wearing one.
Reddit is an evil, evil place :P

bmason1000
08-10-2017, 09:33 PM
Highlander. Looks. Awesome. Er muh gad. I'm totally buying that one to mess around in practice. I'm still very wary of all non berserkers but man...i am verrry intrigued.

CandleInTheDark
08-10-2017, 09:48 PM
Reddit is an evil, evil place :P

I must confess I signed that petition.

Highlander. Looks. Awesome. Er muh gad. I'm totally buying that one to mess around in practice. I'm still very wary of all non berserkers but man...i am verrry intrigued.

I was going to try gladiator, not so sure after the patch notes, they make him sound as fast as the peacekeeper and honestly I don't like the peacekeeper as fast as the peacekeeper and she's my main.

Moondyne_MC
08-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Are they going to eventually release the Viking Village in Dominion? In less populated countries (Australia for me) Dominion is literally the only 4v4 mode ever available. Deathmatches are dead.

Felis_Menari
08-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Well, based on the intro video for the Highlander, he's looking like what I wanted the Warden to be. Will definitely be trying him out before Gladiator.

Supercool5150
08-11-2017, 05:42 PM
Too funny!! I also had a dentist appointment. I hate that ****. Doesn't look like I missed a whole lot. Thanks Candle.

Eastw00tz.Pyro
08-12-2017, 04:27 PM
What time Hero Series Finals will be today?

CandleInTheDark
08-12-2017, 04:45 PM
1PM Pacific which I believe is about two hours away.

CandleInTheDark
08-15-2017, 04:33 PM
As well as next Den maybe being late, the one next week will very likely be late as I have a job interview in the afternoon, more money than I am on now is worth more to me than doing the Den on time I'm afraid >.> lol