PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Origins: Gamescom Discussion

RVSage
08-09-2017, 07:34 PM
With Gamescom coming up soon, I really look forward to more AC Origins show case.

Anybody going to Gamescom from the forums??

What would you like to see at Gamescom?

cawatrooper9
08-09-2017, 07:46 PM
I know some people on Twitter that are going, but I'm not for sure of anyone here yet.

That being said, what we've seen so far in Faiyum and Giza has been side missions set in more rural areas. I really like how we're not getting much story revealed yet, but I think there are two things that I'd like to see at GC.

1) A larger city in the game.

2) A more cinematic trailer (though, from what I've heard, that's not very likely. They're trying to show the game as it is, without flashy marketing. Still, love those cinematic trailers)

SixKeys
08-09-2017, 08:29 PM
While I love that the reveal trailer was pure gameplay, I hope there will be a cinematic trailer too. The game is practically begging for it.

RVSage
08-09-2017, 09:39 PM
I also would love to see a city based demo, we can get a look at either Memphis or Alexandria

I would settle for a story trailer over cinematic trailer

dxsxhxcx
08-09-2017, 10:32 PM
If I'm not wrong all games have had cinematic trailers, it would be a shame if one of the most expected settings didn't have one, let alone the "fact" that they're pretty cool... :)

LoyalACFan
08-10-2017, 03:24 AM
Part of me would like to see one of the cities, but at the same time, I'd kind of like to experience them myself for the first time. I'm pretty much on the fence on that one.

A cinematic trailer is definitely something I'd like to see, though. I mean, at this point, there are hours of gameplay footage online (and likely more to come at Gamescom), so they've certainly succeeded in showing off actual gameplay over flashy trailers. I don't see any harm in putting out a cinematic one now.

Kiroku
08-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Well since I live near Cologne I could easily go to GC. Just 20 minutes away by car. But I was at GC in 2011 and there were tons of people waiting for 15-30 minutes gameplay of their favorite most looking forward games for like 3-4 hours. And I dont want to waste so much time just for a glimpse. But I guess Twitch.tv will go for some streams about gamescom. Also Ubisoft has its own channel for streaming content. Aditionally Rino the bouncer which is the guy posting stuff on the codex page will be present.

And for what we can expect from ACO at GC I personally think they could indeed show a city just to show the community the living world etc: Maybe some new features but I dont think they will show MD stuff. IGN already mentioned that people should follow the channel for more AC content over the month which means there should be more than just one new gameplay video. We will see.

cawatrooper9
08-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Part of me would like to see one of the cities, but at the same time, I'd kind of like to experience them myself for the first time. I'm pretty much on the fence on that one.

A cinematic trailer is definitely something I'd like to see, though. I mean, at this point, there are hours of gameplay footage online (and likely more to come at Gamescom), so they've certainly succeeded in showing off actual gameplay over flashy trailers. I don't see any harm in putting out a cinematic one now.

That's true.

As excited as I am for Shadow of War, there's just way too much footage of the game out there right now. I don't want to spoil all of the locations for myself already.