PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's block

ItBeJUSTICE1
08-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Clearly the assassins block doesn't work half the time. If you have even one prestige under your belt with one you know the deal. They haven't fixed it which means they probably can't. So at this point they should just make all the guards the same. It's not fair to lose a match as shinobi because the guard doesn't go up fast enough twice in one fight and you lose all the time. I don't wanna hear any get good responses because that doesn't get us anywhere. There is a real proven problem with the assassins block being delayed about 100 ms. And shinobi' did the worst because of how fast it dissapears. I can spam up and rarely ever block an attack if it's too fast. His health is too low to take the free damage he does. The other assassins still can take some heat and last but it should be fixed for changed. What are ya'lls opinions?

CandleInTheDark
08-08-2017, 07:22 PM
I've never had a problem with it and I have eleven reps in assassin characters including two in shinobi which I block just fine with when it comes to a clutch block, which given the rest of the tools you have with shinobi it is exactly that, you shouldn't be trading blocks,especially with the chip damage coming in.

High-Horse
08-08-2017, 07:27 PM
I figure when I get hit by an attack I thought I was guarding, it's because I flinched at the last 100ms and don't have enough time to put it back. My mouse can be a bit sensitive.

I've seen some cases where I hear them block but my attack goes through anyway, or I see the blood spatter and hear the slice and crunch of an attack but instantly changes to the clang of a block without any damage being dealt, but that's not exclusive to assassins. Seem to be more of a latency or sync error.

bmason1000
08-08-2017, 08:02 PM
I'd rather it get fixed but definitely never removed. I'm a big fan of the mechanic in theory.

Alustar.
08-08-2017, 08:49 PM
It's supposed to be harder to block as an assassin. Playing this class is more an exercise in reading an opponent and predicting attacks. Plus our dodge is where our defensive abilities shine. Getting proficient with deflect can make even fights far more weighted in your favor.

Knight_Raime
08-08-2017, 10:37 PM
As far as I know the only official bug that existed on reflex guard was after a dodge. which is supposed to be getting fixed in the patch kicking off season 3.
Beyond that are you sure your dead zones are not too small for you? you might accidentally be switching guard before the attack lands.

Also move queing is a thing. if you switch to block an attack and fail that block and then try to switch your guard to respond to the second attack you won't block it because your character will finish the first guard switch before trying another.

Finally assassins are not considered blocking until the whole animation is finished. but they can parry first. where as heros with sped up guard switching (since they used to be slow switching) have to fully finish the animation switch before being able to parry. these things are not bugs but rather intentional design.

UbiJurassic
08-09-2017, 01:37 AM
The Assassin's reflex guard will be fixed with the Season 3 patch. We should have the full patch notes for Season 3 up later this week.

ItBeJUSTICE1
08-09-2017, 03:15 AM
Wasn't aware that missing one block allows a free attack on their part because of the animation. I haven't checked my deadzones. Maybe my reaction time is just too fast instead of too slow. There is a latency bug tho that has been shown that the guard doesn't start until after 100 ms but I suppose that with that input lag on top of the animation makes it hard as well if I'm not quick enough. Appreciate the insight. I'll check my deadzones when I get back on.

psyminion
08-09-2017, 03:40 AM
The Assassin's reflex guard will be fixed with the Season 3 patch. We should have the full patch notes for Season 3 up later this week.

https://media.giphy.com/media/HNQVf0ik57nHy/giphy.gif

thank you.

TheTKOShow
08-09-2017, 06:24 AM
Deflecting needs a buff. 😊😎