PDA

View Full Version : Why dedicated Servers will never happen.

JesterSyxe
08-08-2017, 02:59 PM
In the past few Weeks I was not able to find a single Dominion Match without bots. While I am writing this Post the Number of Players on Steam is 1500. I know there is U-Play so lets add another 1000 even if we kinda know there is probably less then 1000 Players using U-Play.

Anyways, this adds up to 2500 overall Players. With these low Numbers it is no wonder that there simply can not be a decent matchmaking.

Most of the Time the Matchmaking matches me a Rep 10 Player with people who are Rep 0 Level 5 guys OR with Rep 46 guys. How on Earth is this ever going to give a good experience to the Players if the matchmaking is that broken.

So is this Ubisofts fault? Yes and No, Yes because they delivered a broken Game and therefore are responsible for the loss of 95% of the Playerbase, and No because at this Moment there is NOTHING they can do anymore to fix this. Because no matter how good the Algorythm may be to match Players, the Playerbase is just to low to even have a remote chance of matching Players together of the same Skill and Rep Level.

If we take the 2500 Players it may not sound that dramatic but think a Moment about Regions. If there is only 2500 Players overall then per Region it is probably only 100 or even less. Many Streamers who are not from the US like from Australia or New Zealand have no chance to ever get matched with people from their Region because there are simply no Players left there.

Now back to Topic. At least on PC we will never ever see the dedicated Servers because the Playerbase will be gone before they are implemented. The only exception would be if they implemented the Servers this Week or maybe next Week. Any later Date for the Servers would be a Joke, and not the first one from UBI, because we are losing Players every Minute, every Hour and every day.

So UBI either acts just right now in this very Moment or the Game on PC has no Chance of Survival. And I also doubt we will see the End of Season 3 on PC before the Game gets shut down on this Platform.

Arekonator
08-08-2017, 03:03 PM
1,3 gorillion players!!

Blasto95
08-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Dedicated servers will come to For Honor 2 before it ever see's the light of day in For Honor.

Tyrjo
08-08-2017, 03:53 PM
FH is not going to be shut down on any platform just yet. If there are no players left on PC, at least Ubi can enjoy the low servers costs. :cool:

KotoKuraken
08-08-2017, 04:00 PM
Lol, did you not get the memo when they released they have 1.4 million active players. As long as they can deliver on the dedicated servers, it will perform well. All they have to do is make sure they don't make the connection worse by attempting to do so

Tundra 793
08-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Is there non-Steam versions of For Honor available? Say like regular ol' physical discs. 'Cause if there are, that could boost your numbers by a lot since they wouldn't show up in any tracking system excepts the developers'.

Ianoneshot
08-08-2017, 04:18 PM
They are making servers geeeees!!!! THEY AARRERERERERERRERERRE!

Blasto95
08-08-2017, 04:43 PM
They do not have 1.4 million active players. Thats just a lie.

PC is less than 5000 on steam. Thats where id say at least half the people bought this game from. Youre talking 10k MAX on PC. Consoles are doing much better but not even scratching 1.4million. Thats just laughable to even consider.

Ill believe 1.4 million unique active players when they release any sort of proof of it. Otherwise theyre just talking out their a$$. they have no reason to hide 1.4 million people playing.

Vingrask
08-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Why dedicated Servers will never happen.

Except it will.

I couldn't care less for dedicated servers since I only play Duels, but...

The_B0G_
08-08-2017, 05:07 PM
I'm on ps4 and I never have issues getting a match, no matter what day or time. PC has the lowest player base by far. I think For Honor on console will still be active in about a years time.

Teh1one
08-08-2017, 05:10 PM
The servers can't shut down if there are no servers. :rolleyes:

JesterSyxe
08-08-2017, 05:23 PM
Your level of education is alarming Teh1one

We.the.North
08-08-2017, 07:57 PM

It's not a lie when you count a player that logged ONCE in the whole month of june.

Player activity is way, way down. But player count, with that way to count players, is believable.

Blasto95
08-08-2017, 08:30 PM
It's not a lie when you count a player that logged ONCE in the whole month of june.

Player activity is way, way down. But player count, with that way to count players, is believable.

This is true. I guess a better judgement would be how many unique active users per day or week. Not per month.

Have they ever stated how many copies were sold? Was it at 1.4 million?

Jarl.Felix
08-08-2017, 08:54 PM

PC is less than 5000 on steam. Thats where id say at least half the people bought this game from. Youre talking 10k MAX on PC. Consoles are doing much better but not even scratching 1.4million. Thats just laughable to even consider.

Ill believe 1.4 million unique active players when they release any sort of proof of it. Otherwise theyre just talking out their a$$. they have no reason to hide 1.4 million people playing.

You mean less than 2000 ? right ? :))

If you ask me i feel troleld by Ubisoft when they stated they have 1.3 active players last month ... :|

WABO423
08-08-2017, 10:08 PM
The steam numbers are a joke, they don't reflex the player base honestly. Obviously PC has the lowest count (going by what I read here). But console on the other hand is very populated just going by the events I was placed in something like 32000th in the first couple hours in the last event I took part in and one can assume there were many more placed below me. (I play PS4) i would like to see a featured added to the events that shows total placement I.E. 100th out of XXXX players. Would give a better idea of how many are playing. They don't need to bring back the total players online thing again

Jarl.Felix
08-08-2017, 10:31 PM
I still wonder why they removed the player count .... if they really had 1.3 milion players, there should have been at least 100k always active :))

Otherwise .....it's true they lost 95% of the gamers not only on PC. Something whic again, Ubisoft refused to admit :)

EDG_Avocado
08-08-2017, 10:48 PM
PC does not have any more than 2.5k players per hour atm

UbiJurassic
08-09-2017, 12:41 AM
Dedicated servers are coming to For Honor on all platforms. The migration is going to take time since the network infrastructure of the game is based around the current P2P system. This means that it will have to be recreated with the new network environment in mind. While making the migration to dedicated servers, we don't plan on having the team stop updating the current P2P system in the meantime. We want to ensure the current experience continues to improve for players, while we create, test and update the game based around a dedicated server environment.

Ghost_SFOD
08-09-2017, 12:47 AM
They can use their ridiculous steel costs to cover the dedicated server's cost.

Mia.Nora
08-09-2017, 01:13 AM
Don't be a fool, of course it is coming. They announced it. If it were not coming all they needed to do was avoiding the topic, but instead they made an official announcement.

There is a saying we have "Kill the guy, but give him some credit", in this instance they deserve the credit for going with dedicated server on an almost dead game. Take off your tin foil hat, it is true it wont come anytime soon, at least 6 months and that is optimistic; but regardless it is coming.

EDG_Avocado
08-09-2017, 06:08 PM
needs to be a free to play weekend plus sale after dedicated servers as well.... Need more players in the game, lets get this game going for a long time

C00tBAjenkins
08-09-2017, 09:17 PM
I suspect that a good number of players are holding off till more changes are implemented. I would say if the dedicated servers work well you will see a large increase in playercount on all platforms. It's the only game of it's kind atm. People will come back to it if the connection issue's turn around.