PDA

View Full Version : Counter guard break, should be a guard break

TheTKOShow
08-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Ok so hear me out. You have been in the gb fight, someone who just guard breaks. What if countering a guard break, would put them in guard break. Now just guard breaking isn't enough

Knight_Raime
08-08-2017, 12:35 AM
so. Basically If you attempt to GB me and I CGB i've now got ahold of you?
Is there anyway out of that?

if not that sounds incredibly overpowered.

TheTKOShow
08-08-2017, 12:44 AM
Stops the gb spam,
Guard break when you get a free one like on dodges

Knight_Raime
08-08-2017, 12:46 AM
Stops the gb spam,
Guard break when you get a free one like on dodges

I'm not sure I can agree with this. that sounds like a gross power conversion for countering someone so easily.

AnEnticingSquid
08-08-2017, 01:00 AM
Mane instead of a free guard break the instigator loses some stamina? I get where your coming from, but this kind of blanket nerf would make guard breaking useless. Especially with the changes coming.

Antonioj26
08-08-2017, 01:01 AM
Will be no point in gbing someone unless it was guaranteed then since after you've played the game long enough everyone is good enough to cgb almost every single time. That'll strengthen turtles even more, all conqueror or warlord will have to be is sit in all guard

UbiJurassic
08-08-2017, 01:04 AM
It does sound a tad powerful. Especially when you consider that one of the ways players try to open up turtling players is to guardbreak their defense. Assuming their counter-guardbreaks are on point, this would mean turtling players automatically get a guaranteed guardbreak. What are other players thoughts?

TheTKOShow
08-08-2017, 01:34 AM
No one
Ok I'm crazy

But that stam penalty sounds like a good idea

Knight_Raime
08-08-2017, 01:48 AM
It does sound a tad powerful. Especially when you consider that one of the ways players try to open up turtling players is to guardbreak their defense. Assuming their counter-guardbreaks are on point, this would mean turtling players automatically get a guaranteed guardbreak. What are other players thoughts?

I personally don't ever see GB spam being a problem unless someone does it purposely to ledge you on cgb.
but if it were ever a problem i'd simply make it so if someone repeatedly attempts the GB that it continues to scale up in stamina cost.
and that there would be a static cooldown period where a GB can't be used for the cost to go normal.
and this cool down could either be reduced or reset entirely if the gb spammer manages to land a hit on someone.

Hormly
08-08-2017, 01:50 AM
oof, thats a bad one

D3dicatedSrv3rz
08-08-2017, 02:20 PM
Turtles dont need more ways to turtle.

RatedChaotic
08-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Sounds like tug o war to me. I prefer keeping as is.

Stahlrusse
08-08-2017, 08:12 PM
The Guardbreak mechanic is one of the few things in the game that is actually quite fair, meaning that it can be easily countered solely by reaction. So I see no reason to make this fair mechanic an unfair one.

Camemberto
09-04-2017, 10:59 AM
counter guard breaking leaves you at too little of an advantage as it stands. If you CGB you are stunned for longer than the aggressor. I think when you CGB, you should be the first to move.

I CGB another Warden's GB while playing Warden myself, we both did a side light and he still managed to hit me first, even after being counter guard broken. That should change. other than that, it's fine

matt89connor
09-04-2017, 11:09 AM
Ok so hear me out. You have been in the gb fight, someone who just guard breaks. What if countering a guard break, would put them in guard break. Now just guard breaking isn't enough

Gb fest or noone willi risk Gb at all ...

Aarpian
09-04-2017, 11:11 AM

It sounds really, really, really bad.