PDA

View Full Version : Protest against centurion

thekingshad
08-06-2017, 06:25 PM
If I see a centurion in the loading screen, I'm going to quit every time. My apologies if I'm the host of the session but it's not fun playing against/with broken characters. The design of the centurion is absurd.

TBH_Saeko_Irri
08-06-2017, 06:51 PM
If you are a new player don't worry about it you will learn to counter centurion if you are not I think you just need to do some sparring and maybe play for some time the centurion so you will learn more about him. For me after a 2 months absent from the game I can say that the most of the times I can kill him easily .

CandleInTheDark
08-06-2017, 06:54 PM
You know this kind of behaviour is more toxic and worse for the game than anyone who spams anything on any character. I am going to throw a fit and wreck everyone's game whenever I see x character and everyone else should too. It's self serving and plain juvenile.

In before I must be a centurion main, no I'm not.

Alustar.
08-06-2017, 06:54 PM
It's threads like these that cause unneeded nerfs and backlash that keeps this game from being great. I live it when people come to these forums and instead of asking for tips or advice skip straight to whining that everything's too hard.

kweassa1
08-06-2017, 06:57 PM
"I only want to play games I win"

"I suck, but I don't want to bother practicing or learning anything"

"If I can't beat something, it automatically means its OP"

PvP... PvP never changes.

Alustar.
08-06-2017, 06:59 PM

You forgot: "they only won cause they used 'X' broken character."

Netcode_err_404
08-06-2017, 07:33 PM
If I see a centurion in the loading screen, I'm going to quit every time. My apologies if I'm the host of the session but it's not fun playing against/with broken characters. The design of the centurion is absurd.

He is indeed broken. Not only in 4v4, because now raiders are WAY worse. He has the best heavies in the game, the best parry punishment in the game, and one of the best oos punishment in the game, yet some people consider him trash tier.

vDerickv
08-06-2017, 07:42 PM
100% with this guy. if i see a centurion im out. the game just becomes rage inducing with this character the hold x knock down and super far jab distance. stupidly over powered and yall nerf basically all the other definsive abilitys on characters like orochi and add delay times and so the centurions great def with superior att is stupid all around unbalanced if you cant see it then you must be biased or blind either way. im with this guy im leaving everygame i see with one in it until hes nerfed.

vDerickv
08-06-2017, 08:04 PM
mr alustar24, I don't think anyone needs or wants a tip or advice on how to play from you... You're just assuming this guy sucks and that's why he posted this up.. but not everyone who protests a characters overpowered abilitys sucks at the game. And as much as i agree that the unnecessary nerfs come from posts like these this nerf is a necessary one. the player base that i personally know has all stopped playing this game since the release of centurion the other new character is pretty well balanced imho.. The devs just need to listen to the whole player base not just the centurion mains who are posting in the forums and come to a conclusion on what should be removed from centurions moveset list. imho just remove the knock down of the hold x move and nerf the distance of the jab in half and he'd be nerfed enough for me.

CandleInTheDark
08-06-2017, 08:09 PM
mr alustar24, I don't think anyone needs or wants a tip or advice on how to play from you... You're just assuming this guy sucks and that's why he posted this up.. but not everyone who protests a characters overpowered abilitys sucks at the game. And as much as i agree that the unnecessary nerfs come from posts like these this nerf is a necessary one. the player base that i personally know has all stopped playing this game since the release of centurion the other new character is pretty well balanced imho.. The devs just need to listen to the whole player base not just the centurion mains who are posting in the forums and come to a conclusion on what should be removed from centurions moveset list. imho just remove the knock down of the hold x move and nerf the distance of the jab in half and he'd be nerfed enough for me.

Here is the thing though, the centurion mains, those who don't abuse the cheese (and yes I believe there are some just as there are pk's that don't spam), they can't do anything about the state of the centurion in the game, so this oh let's get everyone to come out of games rubbish achieves nothing. There is a main on here who posted a long post yesterday about what nerfs were needed, and he named quite a few, and what buffs would be needed taking both that and pts 2 stuff into account, this was not a short post, he put tme and thought into it. The general I can't be bothered to learn so I am going to moan crowd basically trashed it.

Alustar.
08-06-2017, 08:30 PM

First off I'm glad I don't pay you to think. Second, I am assuming he sucks. I suck. So it's safe to assume that if I'm getting better at handling Cents not only in 1v1 but in groups fights as well, that as a person of kindred suckitude I could lend some insight into what works and what I have found to be a horrible idea. Your assumption that no one wants or need this advice is not only faulty, but irrelevant as I will continue to support rational ideaology in the face of blind rhetoric and nubraging.
Does that mean Cent doesn't need work? No even people run him frequently can and have spoken out where his problems lie. Bear in mind these are people who've taken the time to learn his abilities and what his strengths and weaknesses are. All this while everyone here trashes the hero, crying for everything from nerfing his whole kit, removing all of his CC chains to outright removing him from the roster entirely. Something I know for a fact was said and is still said about PK.

While I may not be great or even good at this game, I have played and am great at others. I've been at this for a decent while. Problems like this aren't new, every game that has the chance to evolve beyond what it was has these obstacles. Even games that don't have PvP deal with this ****. The problem is few people take the time to learn about the obstacles before they get to it. Then when the train hits them they want to whine cause no one told them when the train was coming.

watsonclan335u
08-06-2017, 08:55 PM
He is indeed broken. Not only in 4v4, because now raiders are WAY worse. He has the best heavies in the game, the best parry punishment in the game, and one of the best oos punishment in the game, yet some people consider him trash tier.

So glad to see you're still spamming your anti-raider agenda, keep up the good work. Maybe you could hyjack some of the other threads about other issues completely irrelevant to your cause. Do everyone a favor and go educate yourself.

Jiblet2017
08-06-2017, 09:11 PM

As for centurion, he is mid tier in 1's and a god in 4's. Nobody debates this. Ubisoft has decided to sacrifice 4's to preserve a single character's 1v1 ability either due to apathy or simply not knowing how to fix his cc or stamina (which is substantially higher than even post-buff raider). I also have personally had 10/10 of my friends leave at this point because they disliked playing 4's against cents so much (though leaving is not the answer to the problem).

There seems to be a I want to show how dedicated I am by overlooking blatant flaws in game design mentality that a lot of the community has, which unfortunately prevents changes from being made and makes the player-base dwindle even further.

Can much of the cent kit be countered? Yes. Are they impossible to beat? No.

However, s their design healthy for maintaining a sustained player-base? I as well as the people I played with did not think so, but that is a matter of opinion.

Many of the players on the forum have suggested a myriad of cent changes that would fix issues in 4's, yet Ubi has not implemented them. With the combat and OOS changes coming, we will see if that was the smart move.

SplugeKing
08-06-2017, 09:12 PM
The centurion has the best period. Once you know how to fight him, he becomes easier. Doesn't change the fact that he has the best offense in the game with few punishable. He has by far and away the best stamina drain, quick heavies that are also charged so they're harder to parry than other heroes, and o yea, with an unblockable too. If the player knows how to feint and can parry lights, he's unreal. His light parry punish is an unblockable knockdown then free heavy... Lol yea OK. His easiest punish is a whiffed kick

SplugeKing
08-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Point being he definitely the best hero

Justicator
08-06-2017, 09:28 PM
Point also being, he is NOT healthy for the community.... Let's see if Roman's say is stronger then the will of the community; should be interesting to see what [and if] he gets rework for the upcoming meta changes

Knight_Raime
08-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Point being he definitely the best hero

Maybe in 4's. But that's not saying much. even bottom of the bucket B tier heros are successful in 4v4 because modes like that are hilariously imbalanced.
as far as duels go he's not even close.

Warden, PK, shin, and warlord are all better than him. conq is debatable.

if you're struggling to defend against his unblockable heavies I can assure you the problem is more on your end then Centurions.

UbiInsulin
08-06-2017, 09:29 PM
Hey all, please use this thread to discuss the Centurion/hero balance. We're happy to pass your feedback along to the team, who are now keeping in mind the upcoming defensive meta changes when looking at balancing decisions.

There's no need to use this thread to call out other users for whatever reason. Thank you.

Lyskir
08-06-2017, 09:40 PM
his stamina drain should definitely be nerfed with the new deff meta change and Centurion mains said that allready, it is up to the devs to implement it

Netcode_err_404
08-06-2017, 09:41 PM
So glad to see you're still spamming your anti-raider agenda, keep up the good work. Maybe you could hyjack some of the other threads about other issues completely irrelevant to your cause. Do everyone a favor and go educate yourself.

Why don't you ask Iskis how did he lost in tournament ? He will answer you with a simple couple of words, stampede abuse.

Why personal attacks ? Are you that mad ?

Im sorry, all should have some love.

Netcode_err_404
08-06-2017, 09:43 PM
his stamina drain should definitely be nerfed with the new deff meta change and Centurion mains said that allready, it is up to the devs to implement it

Is not only about stamina drain. If he does the counter attack near a wall he can chain it with the cheese wall combo that deal half hp worth of damage.

Jiblet2017
08-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Maybe in 4's. But that's not saying much. even bottom of the bucket B tier heros are successful in 4v4 because modes like that are hilariously imbalanced.
as far as duels go he's not even close.

Warden, PK, shin, and warlord are all better than him. conq is debatable.

if you're struggling to defend against his unblockable heavies I can assure you the problem is more on your end then Centurions.

I dont understand this strawman. I dont see a single post in this thread (or even your own cent thread which acknowledges his problems in 4's) commenting on his 1's ability, yet that is what you bring up?

Also, simply dismissing 4's by saying "its always imbalanced," is not really accurate or a solution that helps improve the game. I'm sure you are aware dominion is by far the most popular game mode at the moment according to activity levels. Can you shine in dominion with a low tier hero- sure, but that has more to do with personal skill than the hero's kit. However, it is exponentially easier to perform in 4's and domin with a cent than a kensei or orochi, and that is not healthy for the most popular game mode by any stretch.

Parrying a charged heavy is basic. Parrying a charged heavy coming from off screen while dodging a kick is another story.

Knight_Raime
08-06-2017, 09:54 PM
I dont understand this strawman. I dont see a single post in this thread (or even your own cent thread which acknowledges his problems in 4's) commenting on his 1's ability, yet that is what you bring up?

Also, simply dismissing 4's by saying "its always imbalanced," is not really accurate or a solution that helps improve the game. I'm sure you are aware dominion is by far the most popular game mode at the moment according to activity levels. Can you shine in dominion with a low tier hero- sure, but that has more to do with personal skill than the hero's kit. However, it is exponentially easier to perform in 4's and domin with a cent than a kensei or orochi, and that is not healthy for the most popular game mode by any stretch.

Parrying a charged heavy is basic. Parrying a charged heavy coming from off screen while dodging a kick is another story.

Majority of the time outside my own threads do I rarely write out my complete thoughts because it's almost always dismissed by people just because I play centurion regardless of my points.
I'm confused be the second half of your first sentence. Are you saying I don't acknowledge his issues in 1v1's? Because i'm pretty sure I did in my own thread. Kind of why I advocated a nerf to his most comonly used combo.

I've actually in more than a few threads posted a brief summary of the issues with 4v4. and every single time it's literally gotten ignored. I haven't bothered making my own thread on 4v4 because people will just call me out saying I don't play 4v4 so I don't know what i'm talking about. (even though I played it extensively in season 1 and the beta.) If this thread was specifically about 4v4 I would have probably left my issues with it inside here.

But the thread is about centurion. and in my reply of the one I chose to quote I specified the difference between 1v1 and 4v4 as to not confuse anyone.
I don't know why you're bringing up parrying. I was speaking from a duel perspective. or a 1v1 situation in 4v4.

Hormly
08-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Remember how long people defended the wardens absurd shoulder spamming?

I reckon centurion mains arent giving up on their new baby any time soon.

But yes, Centurion is a ludicrously designed hero and a completely unfun nightmare to face

BudgetParrot118
08-06-2017, 11:04 PM
If you are a new player don't worry about it you will learn to counter centurion if you are not I think you just need to do some sparring and maybe play for some time the centurion so you will learn more about him. For me after a 2 months absent from the game I can say that the most of the times I can kill him easily .

How?

You speak of counters?
They must not be experienced.

Can you send video of this act of winning?
My exp....centurion for sure wins all the time.

Regardless of rep. If you play him justifyingly to his move set which people do.

He wins....
Always....

CandleInTheDark
08-06-2017, 11:08 PM
Remember how long people defended the wardens absurd shoulder spamming?

I reckon centurion mains arent giving up on their new baby any time soon.

But yes, Centurion is a ludicrously defined hero and a completely unfun nightmare to face

Have you read any posts by the mains? I mean the guy above you, as he said, posted a thread about the centurion, about the nerfs that were needed in the current state and with the PTS changes in mind and a few things he needed in return for those, it was a balanced thread but people have seemed to let 'nerf him, nerf him now!' drown out any balanced discussion.

The mains I have seen on this board acknowledge he needs attention, but to you and others complaining I would ask two things, as someone who has taken him nowhere near pvp myself, have you spent any time pulling off his moveset against bots to learn the signs that each move is coming from the other side of it and have you spent any time against the level three bot? In 1v1 situations I can deal with them fairly handily, crowd control is where it is really broken and I don't see many cent mains arguing against that either.

Alustar.
08-06-2017, 11:10 PM
How?

You speak of counters?
They must not be experienced.

Can you send video of this act of winning?
My exp....centurion for sure wins all the time.

Regardless of rep. If you play him justifyingly to his move set which people do.

He wins....
Always....

Should I link a vid where I won an encounter solo against 2 Centurion and 2 lawbringers? Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible. I hear all the time how broken he is in 4v4, and honestly it's just another day. I win some, I lose some.

UbiNoty
08-06-2017, 11:17 PM
I'll ask you all to keep in mind the 10-minute penalty each time you rage-quit for whatever reason.
And that you're liable for any potential sanctions that may come as a result of being reported for it.
Thanks

Netcode_err_404
08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Should I link a vid where I won an encounter solo against 2 Centurion and 2 lawbringers? Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's impossible. I hear all the time how broken he is in 4v4, and honestly it's just another day. I win some, I lose some.

Pls do. But make sure to show us their nicks, so I can co tact them and ask them to uninstall

Vakris_One
08-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Pls do. But make sure to show us their nicks, so I can co tact them and ask them to uninstall
Hold on there. You'd actually send someone abusive messages telling them to uninstall just because they play a certain character in a video game...? That's going way too far. I think you need to step back from the game if you're feeling this frustrated with it. Perhaps find a game to plat that you enjoy and come back after the devs have made changes to Centurion.

CandleInTheDark
08-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Hold on there. You'd actually send someone abusive messages telling them to uninstall just because they play a certain character in a video game...? That's going way too far. I think you need to step back from the game if you're feeling this frustrated with it. Perhaps find a game to plat that you enjoy and come back after the devs have made changes to Centurion.

It has gotten to the point that people are reporting people using centurion as cheaters, so honestly there are a lot of people that could use this advice.

kweassa1
08-07-2017, 03:13 PM

PvP raging tends to do that. Makes people blind. They can find fault with EVERYTHING in the game that does them injustice and somehow the whole game is a conspiracy against themselves -- and yet the irony being, they never truly realize the single, largest element of the game that fails them so constantly is simply themselves.

People knowing they suck don't make excuses. They know just how much they suck, so they practice, study, try harder, and feel even the smallest of achievements like succeeding in a parry they couldn't do before, and use it as motivation to do something more.

On the other hand, people in denial never admit they suck. It's always something else that's at fault, so they don't feel the need to do anything. In their minds they simply know they should be winning -- the irony being nothing they actually do suggests they should be winning anything -- but since they keep on losing, the rage just keeps building on. In the end nothing anyone else says, advises, or recommends matter.

They are all wrong. They are all in cahoots. They are all abusers. They all use that certain class as mains. They all defend some great, obscure conspiracy. Ho bruther. :rolleyes:

Netcode_err_404
08-07-2017, 03:14 PM

LOL. You guys must be really sad IRL

I clearly was joking, and no, i do not PM ppl because they play a certain class but I was just jokingabout the fact they lost a 4vs1 with 2 cents and 2 Lb's. If his story is true

Really this forum is a blasted joke right now.

As a matter of fact i do not create a thread every 4 seconds whining about someone or something, i just give my thought on the matter

kweassa1
08-07-2017, 03:16 PM
LOL. You guys must be really sad IRL

I clearly was joking, and no, i do not PM ppl because they play a certain class but becayuse they lost a 4vs1 with 2 cents and 2 Lb's.

Really this forum is a bḷasted joke right now.

..with clearly the "killing joke" being people at lv.1 BOT levels of defense capability against centurions raving about how they're "imbalanced".

Cracks me up everytime.

S0Mi_xD
08-07-2017, 03:21 PM
I agree with people, who say this behavior is toxic (leaving just because of centurions).

But i also need to agree with some points from the other side.

Centurion is a Hero who has all the tools to be strong, and learning him is pretty easy - he is a Hero where you can just spam moves .... just for fun, i used him BLINDLY in some matches (i looked away and just buttonmashed my way trough xD - guess what? killed more ppl then i died myself :'D )

My point is, he is pretty unbalanced in some terms, he is .... lets call it "beginnerfriendly" if you play him.
A fast, strong, easy Hero with damn high potential.

... and me, as a Berserker main ... i need to be focused every time, can't really use his toolkit as it is meant to be (a relentless attacker, how gets interreupted at every light block, or sometimes just by simple attacks, because there are holes in the Berserker hyperarmor.

The time i first picked berserker and learned him, i thought that the hyperarmor is REALLY uninterruptable (no interruption through light blocks or meele attacks .... but ok when reality kicks in hard, i learned to play him in another way. (just light attacks and GBs, felt like a cheaper version of the PK...

But back to the topic, Centurion is very well designed, he WORKs .... not like berserkers kit >.> (with the hyperarmor after 2 hits it got better but stil not the berserker how he was meant to be)
Centurion shouldn't be nerfed into the ground, but abit balanced for the game - because currently he doesn't feel like a For Honor Hero, but more like a Mortal Combat char ....

Netcode_err_404
08-07-2017, 03:26 PM
..with clearly the "killing joke" being people at lv.1 BOT levels of defense capability against centurions raving about how they're "imbalanced".

Cracks me up everytime.

Even bad people can complain if they feel something is unbalanced, and in the centurion's case, they are right. And the "trash in 1v1" is just a god damn BS, he is still better than every other non top 3 class in the game.

kweassa1
08-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Even bad people can complain if they feel something is unbalanced

And a 2-year-old can complain about the economy. I don't see anyone giving them the Nobel Prize, do you?

...and in the centurion's case, they are right. And the "trash in 1v1" is just a god damn BS, he is still better than every other non top 3 class in the game.

According to who? You? Or the guys that don't have even the slightest clue in how cent mechanics work?

The people complaining the cent is OP, is like idiots walking into hostile territory without a map, without weapons, without equipment and rations, and without knowing what to expect. A bunch of stagglers just merrily walking into a minefield, getting blown up from beneath their feet, and then complain "hey, this is so unfair".

They are UNPREPARED. And being UNPREPARED in a fight kills you.

So here's a song dedicated to all the cent-whiners out there:

https://youtu.be/XkU23m6yX04

Netcode_err_404
08-07-2017, 04:15 PM
And a 2-year-old can complain about the economy. I don't see anyone giving them the Nobel Prize, do you?

According to who? You? Or the guys that don't have even the slightest clue in how cent mechanics work?

The people complaining the cent is OP, is like idiots walking into hostile territory without a map, without weapons, without equipment and rations, and without knowing what to expect. A bunch of stagglers just merrily walking into a minefield, getting blown up from beneath their feet, and then complain "hey, this is so unfair".

They are UNPREPARED. And being UNPREPARED in a fight kills you.

So here's a song dedicated to all the cent-whiners out there:

https://youtu.be/XkU23m6yX04

According trhe whole community bro. Stop defendimg that **** and be real.

He has one of the best kits in the game. Best parry punish with confirmed OOS against all classes except other cents, confirmed wall combo that deal 60 or more damage.

Confirmed wall sinfinite stunlock in corners.

Best heavies in the game, one of the best OOS punish.

But i get it, its trash tier.

People would classify trash tier evena charavter with 6000 hp in this game lOL

SplugeKing
08-07-2017, 05:40 PM
I'll ask you all to keep in mind the 10-minute penalty each time you rage-quit for whatever reason.
And that you're liable for any potential sanctions that may come as a result of being reported for it.
Thanks

Wait wut? So if someone reports you for leaving ubi will punish us even further? ....UM I live in America land of the free and home of the whopper, not Nazi Canada you canucksicle.

Vakris_One
08-07-2017, 05:40 PM
ad hominem attack ...

feints heavy comment into light comedy...

ad hominem attack...

Turtles up...
Usually people who are joking post a smiley or a "lol" at the end so yeah, whoopsie on the whole not being able to read your mind thing.

Please continue with your worthwhile contribution to this thread ;)

Vakris_One
08-07-2017, 05:45 PM
Wait wut? So if someone reports you for leaving ubi will punish us even further? ....UM I live in America land of the free and home of the whopper, not Nazi Canada you canucksicle.

https://media.giphy.com/media/GwSWbBDaZyAUw/giphy.gif

Blasto95
08-07-2017, 05:57 PM
All of this talk about Centurion being OP....wheres a single tournament win by him? Its been 3 months now right? Surely he has ONE tournament win.

Meanwhile Warlord still just sitting over there being picked in 90% of any sort of competitive match.

Lets rehash this for the 1000th time. Centurion is average in 1v1. Does he have a strong punish? ya he does. But every single hero has no disadvantage to turtling. Warlord is much safer to headbutt + stab than ANYTHING Centurion can do. Thats it done. Want to beat Centurion? Turtle, Headbutt, stab, win. He cant punish you if you dont let him. Now 4v4 Centurion is a completely different animal. He meshes well with pretty much any other hero, and put 2+ together and its just not fun for anyone...

Again...lets just continue to ignore the real problem here...Warlord

kweassa1
08-07-2017, 06:28 PM
All of this talk about Centurion being OP....wheres a single tournament win by him? Its been 3 months now right? Surely he has ONE tournament win.

Meanwhile Warlord still just sitting over there being picked in 90% of any sort of competitive match.

Lets rehash this for the 1000th time. Centurion is average in 1v1. Does he have a strong punish? ya he does. But every single hero has no disadvantage to turtling. Warlord is much safer to headbutt + stab than ANYTHING Centurion can do. Thats it done. Want to beat Centurion? Turtle, Headbutt, stab, win. He cant punish you if you dont let him. Now 4v4 Centurion is a completely different animal. He meshes well with pretty much any other hero, and put 2+ together and its just not fun for anyone...

^^^ This.

In 1v1, middle tier or upper middle tier at bast.

In 4v4 modes, can be trouble when fighting them in numbers alone, but then again fighting anything alone is trouble. It's a "gank" problem, not a class balance problem, and all ganks happen out of one's own choice -- BAD choice, to be exact.

- chose not to pay attention to your surroundings and got tunnel vision
- chose not to retreat when there was an opportunity
- chose not to help your teammates so you don't become the only person left

...all these bad choices = "ganks" you could have avoided or prevented.

The ONE exception: when the 4v4 is drawing near an end, and your team has been decimated by the opponent's team... in which case, the opponent team was simply better than your own team. Hence, they've won the match, and the "gank" is nothing more than a procedural inevitability... which also happens to be nothing to complain about. One side wins. Other side loses. Anyone who is the last man standing on the losing side is always "ganked". Nothing more, nothing less.

CandleInTheDark
08-07-2017, 06:45 PM
- chose not to pay attention to your surroundings and got tunnel vision
- chose not to retreat when there was an opportunity
- chose not to help your teammates so you don't become the only person left

Exactly this, and odds are between doing centurion protest threads, these are the people who come onto the forums and reddit yelling about the COWARDS!!1eleventy1 that run away from battles >.>

WoodDaGawd
08-07-2017, 07:19 PM
HAHA @OP.. GGF..

Quit when you see... omg.. this game really separates the men from the boys.

Hormly
08-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Anyone else have a creeping fear that the new classes are going to be just as bad?

Blasto95
08-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Anyone else have a creeping fear that the new classes are going to be just as bad?

If anyone remembers, Centurion and Shinobi were even more unbalanced (Shinobis fine now) when released. Took them less than week to fix some big issues like Cent getting a free heavy off a kick. fixed these issues just in time for season pass holders to abuse them and normal customers on getting to experience the receiving end. So yes I fully believe these heroes to be OP, and then toned down within a week.

Wolf-Heathen
08-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Of course they will. They have to incentivize players into buying season passes who want to abuse OP heros for that week while most of the non-pass holders try to figure out how the new heros work.

Cent and Shinobi(at release) are and were so unbelievably unbalanced when they came out that the only possible reason why they were released as they were was to bring back players to the game with crazy, over the top new heros. The focus was damage control to to re-inject interest in the community during an all time low in player count.

Hormly
08-07-2017, 08:18 PM
If anyone remembers, Centurion and Shinobi were even more unbalanced (Shinobis fine now) when released. Took them less than week to fix some big issues like Cent getting a free heavy off a kick. fixed these issues just in time for season pass holders to abuse them and normal customers on getting to experience the receiving end. So yes I fully believe these heroes to be OP, and then toned down within a week.

uh oh, are we tin foil hatting??

Ask yourself this, is it more likely that we are the victims of a conspiracy, or that Ubi made a bad design decision with their game.

id say the latter ;)

Blasto95
08-07-2017, 08:24 PM
uh oh, are we tin foil hatting??

Ask yourself this, is it more likely that we are the victims of a conspiracy, or that Ubi made a bad design decision with their game.

id say the latter ;)

For sure tin foil hatting. Of course its more likely an oversight. I think the Cent kick was an older version of Cent that they accidently released for consoles only. It was either the kick-heavy or some other stupid OP thing that was unintended.

But they have no reason to make these guys weak or even average. I see new players in this game all the time on console. They still want to sell these season passes and the best way to do that towards new players is put some FOTM OP hero behind a pay wall.

Hormly
08-07-2017, 08:30 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/GwSWbBDaZyAUw/giphy.gif

Canada does kinda suck now :/ they arrest us for offending trannies

vDerickv
08-08-2017, 01:06 AM
Hey alustar24 again you're coming off as a total jerk just assuming that again i suck and have not learned or played centurion and that im just complaining.. Just because you suck and admit it does not mean everyone who posts around you is the same.

I use centurion. I'm very good with him its not hard to be with his moveset list lol. dont assume someone doesn't know his combinations or that somoene doesn't know how to play against his combinations that's not your place. if someone makes a post that post is to be listened to not just assume the guy sucks and move on.

Just for reference the characters that i main are centurion, kensei, orochi, and conqueror . but i play all characters to learn their movesets.

Centurion nerf - Knockdown on hold x and jab distance. (pretty reasonable)

brashtralas
08-08-2017, 01:56 AM
No, derick, you just suck! Anyone that wants centurion balanced just sucks!!

You just need to learn how to play him so you can counter him!

Oh, you do play as him? The people you're playing suck!

Everyone just needs to learn to play!!!!!

That was sarcasm, by the way. I know it's not always obvious.

Really, I'm sick of these elitist comments. If I play as centurion, understand him, can beat him, beat others as him, it is STILL POSSIBLE TO BELIEVE HE NEEDS BALANCING.

I think my "mains" need balancing as well. The warden shouldn't have the SB cancel in gb, and the lawbringer shouldn't have shove on block.

Just because other classes also need balance tweaks doesn't somehow exempt the centurion from them.

Vakris_One
08-08-2017, 03:23 AM
My money is on Gladiator to be the new He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Fast attacker with quick stamina draining jabs like a "boxer", highest stamina pool and quickest stam regen. Sounds like a Centurion on crack. The forums will definitely get a lot more colourful ;)

Netcode_err_404
08-08-2017, 03:31 AM
No, derick, you just suck! Anyone that wants centurion balanced just sucks!!

You just need to learn how to play him so you can counter him!

Oh, you do play as him? The people you're playing suck!

Everyone just needs to learn to play!!!!!

That was sarcasm, by the way. I know it's not always obvious.

Really, I'm sick of these elitist comments. If I play as centurion, understand him, can beat him, beat others as him, it is STILL POSSIBLE TO BELIEVE HE NEEDS BALANCING.

I think my "mains" need balancing as well. The warden shouldn't have the SB cancel in gb, and the lawbringer shouldn't have shove on block.

Just because other classes also need balance tweaks doesn't somehow exempt the centurion from them.

Thanks god smart people still post on this forum.

To be more precise LB shoudn't have a mix up start on block.

The shove on block without any attack opener, was used d1 to create spacing.