PDA

View Full Version : How to fix the waiting game and defensive meta

Armadillo83
08-06-2017, 04:04 PM
First off, I just want to say that this is not a thread to come here and whine about a fight I just lost. I know that there are a lot of posts out the that say this and I don't want to sound like that but, it's 8 in the morning and I haven't even got out of bed yet. I preordered this game and could not wait for it, amd when I got it I didnt't drop ot after a week or complain about how broken it was. I had fun, and even though the servers weren't the best I never had times that I couldn't get into a game or kept getting kicked. My only real issue was that the oace was very slow and I feel like it got boring after a while.

Now back to the point of this thread, how to possibly fix the defensive meta. My idea is to have more or just as much stamina taken away from people on the defensive, instead of the offensive. Not sure how this would oan out exactly in a 4v4 game mode but I think people ganking around in packs of 4 is the real problem in those game modes. (I mostly play duels and brawls but that seems to be the issue to me) I'm not talking about stamina draining moves like the centurian kick. Those are really good right now and think they should definitly be toned down for the update that wil buff out of stamina. This will force people that are just constantly blocking and dodging waiting for a parry or an opening to deal guaranteed damage to open themselves up and try to hit you.

Just to be clear my idea is making defense like blocking and dodging take more stamina than attacking and I do know about the changes but I still think defense will be better just run people out of stamina.

Jarl.Felix
08-06-2017, 04:16 PM
All this wall of text and not a single idea after all :) Besides, they already found the "defensive meta" problem. Do you even read forum or watch Warrior's Den ?

Let us just hope they know what they are doing... but I highly doubt so far...

Armadillo83
08-06-2017, 04:29 PM
My idea is to have more or just as much stamina taken away from people on the defensive, instead of the offensive. I copied that right from the thread

UbiNoty
08-07-2017, 12:25 AM
So in the PT def meta update, we did introduce stamina changes that prevents defensive players from always having the stamina advantage.
In the PT, dodging and blocking puts stamina regen on pause, and being OOS is much more dangerous. We didn't quite go so far as to implement stamina costs for playing defensively, but took a more middle road which should hopefully, altogether with the other def meta changes, should address the turtle meta concerns you have.

We're taking a bit of time to go back over the data and feedback we got from the PT before we roll out the changes, but it is something we're definitely hoping to fix - so thank you for bringing up your thoughts and suggestions.

UbiNoty
08-07-2017, 01:02 AM
Oops! I posted in your other thread, so I'll be moving that over here and removing the repeat post.

Ngallo22
08-07-2017, 01:43 AM
First off, I just want to say that this is not a thread to come here and whine about a fight I just lost.

:rolleyes: so who'd you lose to loll

Takuram
08-07-2017, 01:46 AM
Nice, I did not undestand if the stamina pauses where just in OOS state or always, since I play on XBOX and can't get on the PTS... good to know this... and I believe this will be more than enough for the game, specially with the chip damage changes... can't wait to see it on live, along with the parry changes that I think are REALLY needed... thanks man